New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 8

Neknoh mentioned an interest in posting the first Mortal World post.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

My opening post:

Describing in full detail Kyasarin's actions and thoughts as she does both her Vice-Captain duties, and the Captain duties she must perform while Yuuki is at the Captain's meeting while talking to her subrdinates, and while she is heading to the Onmitsukidō's secret underground base.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

My opening post (which'll probably go before yours, Kurama)

2nd Division and Onmi members only, please
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dusk introduction of the Onmi. Sets up a really awesome creepy ninja mood (damn, I can't wait to do this post!!! GAH the suspense! It burns!) and such. Yuuki gets the hell butterfly announcing the meeting and gives his VC full charge of the 2nd and Onmi until she's back. CCs control their units as normal, and Onmi begins operations through the directions Yuuki's left his VC, and through the CC's.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

4. - Top - End - #34

I'm itching to read it too!

Also, I know I'm gonna feel stupid for asking this, but what does CCs stand for.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    I'm itching to read it too!

Also, I know I'm gonna feel stupid for asking this, but what does CCs stand for.
    I believe it stands for Corps Commanders.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Onmitsukidō: The captain of the 2nd Division is almost always also the captain of the Onmitsukidō, which is one of the two factions in the Seireitei that is not directly under the influence of the Gotei 13. However, if the 2nd Division captain is the Commander-in-Chief of the Onmitsukidō, then it will be almost completely under the Seireitei’s command. The Onmitsukidō and the 2nd Division are almost completely intermeshed, with many members holding positions in both factions. The Omnmitsukidō is made up of five separate units, each with its own duty to carry out.

The leaders of each division are ranked as ‘Corps Commander’, with the leader being the Commander-in-Chief. Usually, the captain of the 2nd Division is both the Commander-in-Chief and the Corps Commander of the 1st unit, and the Corps Commanders of the other 4 units are also mostly seated members, usually with higher ranks (most commonly from 5th seat to vice-captain). The five units are as follows: 1st unit, Executive Militia; 2nd unit, Security Unit; 3rd unit, Reconnaissance Unit; 4th unit, Assassination Unit; and 5th unit, Intelligence Unit.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-12 at 09:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Ah I knew it had to do with the commanders but I couldn't figure out exactly what it stood for.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko will probably catch a lift with Taiki to get to the meeting- by this time, Shunpo is awkward.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-12 at 09:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

@ moon. Would it be extremely out of place to make the fourth unit do caramell dansen whenever they mess up? I'm guessing push ups just won't be enough punishment.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Seems I never got an answer for this.

KD mentioned that Serazel's lifespan as a Hollow seemed like an awfully short period to go from Hollow to Arrancar. I'm left to wonder how long might be actually appropriate. 120 years? 200? 300? I could use a little help here.

As for plots to introduce Mortal Worlders to Shinigami: that still leaves the people at Seireitei kinda hanging until that particular plot kicks in. I feel like there should be some sort of plot or mini-plot taking place in Soul Society proper in the meantime. The good thing about Seireitei basically being surrounded by giant, nigh-impenetrable walls is that any threat that doesn't so much as scratch those walls is perfect for lower-ranked and/or low-seated Shinigami to counter against. If the whole incident with Shiba is any indication, Hollows occasionally wander into Soul Society too. Those make for good 'disposable' villains when we're talking about mini-plots. Again, it doesn't involve Captains because they have, presumably, better stuff to do than hunt down Hollows, but it might well involve a Shinigami squad for tracking and hunting down.
    Incidents like Ishida's Hollow trap could also attract the attention of Soul Society (instead of, y'know. Going completely unnoticed by it for next to no good reason. Seriously, they should have dispatched at least a couple of Shinigami to check what was going on. Rukia's cell phone is proof they're constantly monitoring the situation on the mortal world, even if superficially). In this case, it could be a distraction to cover up something else. Mod soul smuggling. Bount of the evil variety running around. It could even be Hueco Mundo mucking around, blaming a patsy for what essentially would be a small-scale invasion while they do recon on the place.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    @ moon. Would it be extremely out of place to make the fourth unit do caramell dansen whenever they mess up? I'm guessing push ups just won't be enough punishment.
    No riccaru, because you see,

everyone loves the Caramell Dansen!
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    everyone loves the Caramell Dansen!
    I don't. I see it as a pox upon humanity.
    I prefer any of the random eccentric songs I discover when I mass grab music.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post

KD mentioned that Serazel's lifespan as a Hollow seemed like an awfully short period to go from Hollow to Arrancar. I'm left to wonder how long might be actually appropriate. 120 years? 200? 300? I could use a little help here.

As for plots to introduce Mortal Worlders to Shinigami: that still leaves the people at Seireitei kinda hanging until that particular plot kicks in. I feel like there should be some sort of plot or mini-plot taking place in Soul Society proper in the meantime. The good thing about Seireitei basically being surrounded by giant, nigh-impenetrable walls is that any threat that doesn't so much as scratch those walls is perfect for lower-ranked and/or low-seated Shinigami to counter against. If the whole incident with Shiba is any indication, Hollows occasionally wander into Soul Society too. Those make for good 'disposable' villains when we're talking about mini-plots. Again, it doesn't involve Captains because they have, presumably, better stuff to do than hunt down Hollows, but it might well involve a Shinigami squad for tracking and hunting down.
    Incidents like Ishida's Hollow trap could also attract the attention of Soul Society (instead of, y'know. Going completely unnoticed by it for next to no good reason. Seriously, they should have dispatched at least a couple of Shinigami to check what was going on. Rukia's cell phone is proof they're constantly monitoring the situation on the mortal world, even if superficially). In this case, it could be a distraction to cover up something else. Mod soul smuggling. Bount of the evil variety running around. It could even be Hueco Mundo mucking around, blaming a patsy for what essentially would be a small-scale invasion while they do recon on the place.
    I agree with this, and believe that many of the cases and ideas he puts up are very good.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post

Well it's sort of the same age thing with shinigami. A lot of them are pretty old by mortal standards and it could take a hollow a long time to become an arrancar the same way it takes a shinigami often a long time to become a vice-captain/captain. It's a rare and difficult achievement and you actually have to track down and eat other people rather than just training hard for X amount of time. I guess the time/amount of hollows needed to reach the arrancar stage would vary. I'd say 100+ plus is good since that's what you generally expect a strong shinigami and likewise an arrancar to be. I think we've just been using the logic that shinigami/hollows take similar amounts of time to reach the same level of power which I think is alright. Some shinigami can zoom ahead of others for whatever reasons like greater inherent spiritual power and hollows might do the same because some might get a lot less out of each soul they eat compared to others or hit some type of wall in development like Grimmjow's buddies did while he didn't.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-13 at 12:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

If anyone brings it up, sereg's age is from when he became a sentient hollow, not from when he was a hollow. Just in case it is thought of. He was still and adjuchas 200 years ago, as well.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Well it's sort of the same age thing with shinigami. A lot of them are pretty old by mortal standards and it could take a hollow a long time to become an arrancar the same way it takes a shinigami often a long time to become a vice-captain/captain. It's a rare and difficult achievement and you actually have to track down and eat other people rather than just training hard for X amount of time. I guess the time/amount of hollows needed to reach the arrancar stage would vary. I'd say 100+ plus is good since that's what you generally expect a strong shinigami and likewise an arrancar to be. I think we've just been using the logic that shinigami/hollows take similar amounts of time to reach the same level of power which I think is alright. Some shinigami can zoom ahead of others for whatever reasons like greater inherent spiritual power and hollows might do the same because some might get a lot less out of each soul they eat compared to others or hit some type of wall in development like Grimmjow's buddies did while he didn't.

There...may be a misconception here. A hollow doesn't need to be a menos-class hollow to become an arrancar. The Gran Fisher was an ordinary hollow and was capable of becoming an incomplete arrancar within the time-space of his first appearance and his death. (something like two months maybe).
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    There...may be a misconception here. A hollow doesn't need to be a menos-class hollow to become an arrancar. The Gran Fisher was an ordinary hollow and was capable of becoming an incomplete arrancar within the time-space of his first appearance and his death. (something like two months maybe).
    Two months? The saving Roukia part itself took all summer (or was that when they went to face bounts?). It doesn't matter, that time period was really like a year.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Two months? The saving Roukia part itself took all summer (or was that when they went to face bounts?). It doesn't matter, that time period was really like a year.
    Bount Arc isn't canon (so I'm not factoring it into the time) but...yeah. Rukia got kidnapped, and Ichigo trained for...a week or two I think (and that's how long everyone else trained by extension), they went into the Dangai and came out coming out back in time. Another...week for the Soul Society arc to conclude (being generous that it took four days for all the fights before bankai training to start).

So...yeah. That's about a month and a half. Maybe another week for Ichigo to get his head back on but..the Save Rukia arc really didn't last that long.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno if anyone's mentioned this, but here's my idea for a Sereitei Plot, which might be helpful to anyone who's thinking about making a more "entry level Shinigami."

As classes start in the Mortal World, it just so happens that classes end in Sereitei. Senior members of the Shinigami Academy graduate and begin to join Gotei 13 in earnest. The various Divisions send their members to scout the graduating class and determine whether any of them are well suited to their division.
    That's a very, very basic description that we can expand upon, but I think it would make for a nice light-hearted plot start for Sereitei. If we really find the need to include drama, there can always be some conflict between divisions over recruiting tactics/territory or various other things.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-06-13 at 01:49 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

So... Mortal World opening? Anyone?

I can't help but notice nothing from Neknoh in the past couple days, and I'd like, if we're going to do this, to get it moving instead of sitting around and talking; but I feel someone else should deal with the MW opening.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I'd like, if we're going to do this, to get it moving instead of sitting around and talking
    This.

I have nothing on the openings, meself.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine, I'll do it. Can someone make me an archive of important names? Like what the High School is named?

---

Hows this for a rough draft? If I am missing anywhere necessary, mention it, and I will add it in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Phoenix Town. To the untrained eye, it is like any number of other midsized city in Japan. Its people live their lives, bustling to and fro. Phoenix Town High School staff prepares for the return of the students, as those self same students bemoan, look forward to, or do not really care about the end of their vacation. In its classrooms, club rooms, and athletic grounds lie many memories for most of the populace of Phoenix Town.

The more devout attend one of the many local shrines. One in particular is tended to by one of those self same students, Sayaka-san’s vacation likely consumed by the work necessary to keep the Houheiden Shrine in tip-top condition. Situated on a forested hill, apart from much of the development, Houheiden Shrine is surrounded by Forest, give it a picturesque backdrop. The Houheiden Shrine grounds are the picture of peace and tranquility. For now, they serve as refuge for those exhausted by their day to day lives, a spot to rest, recuperate, and find the strength to continue on with their lives. To the Shinigami, it is known as a place where they may pass between worlds… along as they obey the rules set forth.

The Venti Buon is no less a refuge, in a different fashion. The Café is placed near to many important spots for individuals with a sense of the supernatural, including the Cemetery, and (Blank) High School. The Café is not huge, and both its staff and regulars would raise an eyebrow at a more formal establishment, but to the High School Students that frequent it, such is just normal. Perhaps some of them will seek it out today, as that dreaded or anticipated date closes.

Not far from Venti Buon sits a shop. Most overlook it, but for those interested in the more supernatural aspects of this world, it is a must see. Furousha Shop caters to many kinds, and much of its clientele counts other clients as enemies. However, Viatrix’s skills and usefulness has kept it quiet thus far, and the place is an invaluable source, no matter if you are Shinigami, Hollow, or Medium. However, everything has a price.

So, on this sunny day, full of the promise of summer, let the story begin. Phoenix Town is about to be tossed into the center of dire plots, and none know the full extent of the danger, including those conspiring to bring about its destruction. However, that lies in the future. For now, the greatest concern is the end of vacation.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-13 at 03:50 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Fine, I'll do it. Can someone make me an archive of important names? Like what the High School is named?

---

Hows this for a rough draft? If I am missing anywhere necessary, mention it, and I will add it in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Phoenix Town. To the untrained eye, it is like any number of other midsized city in Japan. Its people live their lives, bustling to and fro. Phoenix Town High School staff prepares for the return of the students, as those self same students bemoan, look forward to, or do not really care about the end of their vacation. In its classrooms, club rooms, and athletic grounds lie many memories for most of the populace of Phoenix Town.

The more devout attend one of the many local shrines. One in particular is tended to by one of those self same students, Sayaka-san’s vacation likely consumed by the work necessary to keep the Houheiden Shrine in tip-top condition. Situated on a forested hill, apart from much of the development, Houheiden Shrine is surrounded by Forest, give it a picturesque backdrop. The Houheiden Shrine grounds are the picture of peace and tranquility. For now, they serve as refuge for those exhausted by their day to day lives, a spot to rest, recuperate, and find the strength to continue on with their lives. To the Shinigami, it is known as a place where they may pass between worlds… along as they obey the rules set forth.

The Venti Buon is no less a refuge, in a different fashion. The Café is placed near to many important spots for individuals with a sense of the supernatural, including the Cemetery, and (Blank) High School. The Café is not huge, and both its staff and regulars would raise an eyebrow at a more formal establishment, but to the High School Students that frequent it, such is just normal. Perhaps some of them will seek it out today, as that dreaded or anticipated date closes.

Not far from Venti Buon sits a shop. Most overlook it, but for those interested in the more supernatural aspects of this world, it is a must see. Furousha Shop caters to many kinds, and much of its clientele counts other clients as enemies. However, Viatrix’s skills and usefulness has kept it quiet thus far, and the place is an invaluable source, no matter if you are Shinigami, Hollow, or Medium. However, everything has a price.

So, on this sunny day, full of the promise of summer, let the story begin. Phoenix Town is about to be tossed into the center of dire plots, and none know the full extent of the danger, including those conspiring to bring about its destruction. However, that lies in the future. For now, the greatest concern is the end of vacation.

Here is the link to the school description. Being so long ago, maybe it was forgotten. Maybe such things should be on the wikia, but I don't know very well it's working.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Megane Sihr and his zanpakuto spirit Munashii :D
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Da Mongoose; 2010-06-13 at 06:00 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you take requests? For that is artwork that is far superior to my own.

Not that that's HARD, mind...
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-13 at 05:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post

Do you take requests?
    I do not at the moment alas ^^; I have too little money and too little time anymore

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Just noticed that some people are changing the titles of the pages on the wiki without changing the actual names.

For instance, the page "characters:Dai Ken" is titled "Go Ken". You still have to use the name Dai Ken in links. (changed it for you)

Also, the character names in the 2nd division page weren't linked to the relevant pages. I added links, but in one case a character was listed with the opposite name order, so I had to fix that.

EDIT: If anyone has any trouble using the wiki, please post here.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-13 at 07:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Well then I'm just pointing the misconception out. Most of the arrancar from the previous game and this one are old as dirt and I think part of the reason for that was the idea that they'd spend a good chunk time getting to the actual arrancar stage.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bount Arc isn't canon (so I'm not factoring it into the time) but...yeah. Rukia got kidnapped, and Ichigo trained for...a week or two I think (and that's how long everyone else trained by extension), they went into the Dangai and came out coming out back in time. Another...week for the Soul Society arc to conclude (being generous that it took four days for all the fights before bankai training to start).

So...yeah. That's about a month and a half. Maybe another week for Ichigo to get his head back on but..the Save Rukia arc really didn't last that long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grand Fisher went down like a punk, though. I mean, Isshin expended almost no effort, and he was just then getting his powers back.

To get to Fraccion level, especially one with potential for Segunda, you pretty much have to be at least a fresh Adjuchas.

Which, in my mind, would take closer to a century than a half-century.

And Von Geister doesn't have a magic Arrancar-making ball in this RP, so even if/when he came to Las Noches, it would take time to end up as an Arrancar.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grand Fisher went down like a punk, though. I mean, Isshin expended almost no effort, and he was just then getting his powers back.

To get to Fraccion level, especially one with potential for Segunda, you pretty much have to be at least a fresh Adjuchas.

Which, in my mind, would take closer to a century than a half-century.

And Von Geister doesn't have a magic Arrancar-making ball in this RP, so even if/when he came to Las Noches, it would take time to end up as an Arrancar.
    Good point. The Hougyoku makes the process much more streamlined, I think. Even if Grand Fisher presented a case of rapid advancement, he was a problem and a half for Ichigo even at Hollow level...

EDIT: Also, would anyone like to chime in on the suggestions I made for the mini-plots? I can expand on them if necessary. And thanks for the comments, Kurama.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-06-13 at 09:48 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground

@Mongoose: Wow, your drawings are really good....what program do you use to colour them? I can't buy Sai Paint because we don't have a PayPal and my mother flat-out refuses to get one...

@riccaru: Caramell.....Dansen.....AUGH! My eyes!!! Someone gouge 'em out!!!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!