New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 8

Well an single hollow that was formally a shinigami would likely have much more initial power then hollows that were human. Just as purified gillians would turn shinigami. What would happen if an espada was purified? Would that be possible, being as they are a sort of hybrid?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

First things first.

Eating hollows is not necessary to become arrancar. It is necessary to advance among the menos ranks (Hollow -> Gillian -> Adjuchas -> Vasto Lorde), becoming an arrancar is a sidestep in this advancement that has no correlation to it.

Second, for whatever reason people have been wondering how arrancar advance if they became such before reaching one of the higher stages of hollow advancement, for some reason, there is this assumption that a gillian arrancar can't become an adjuchas arrancar by simply... Eating more hollows. Just consider that instead of his body changing, his resurreccion improves or to those who reach Vasto Lorde, they get to the point where they can try to achieve Segunda Etapa, or something.

----

Also, while there is no Hougyoku to make the process of creating an arrancar a matter of a few seconds, an existing arrancar can help another hollow to remove his mask, Iceringer was the one to give this help to Grand Fisher (and he began the procedure shortly after GF escaped his first meeting with Ichigo, and afterwards Grand Fisher spent the rest of the time until his reveal inside a chrysalis thing to finish the transformation).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awww... You guys got my hopes up... For a second there I thought the game had started but it turned out to just be the Hanibal episode.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Can I ask, for those of you who can't figure out how to use the wiki, what do you have trouble doing? I can put guides here.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-13 at 10:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Oh, by the way, the one you had trouble linking to because the names were backwards was mine, but I wasn't the one who made the page, so don't blame me. I WAS the one who put the second division names in without links. Thanks for fixing everything. ^_^
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Oh, I need someone to rename my characters page to put the first name first. It really should be Kyasarin Shihan, not the other way around. It won't let me rename the page though, so I need someone with more authority on the wiki to do it.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

Can't help you there. Still trying to get it to make Feiyan 3rd seat instead of VC. Can someone do that too? The wiki doesn't like me...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

8. - Top - End - #68

I can do that much, even though I can't fix my own. >_>

And I just fixed it for you Moon Wolf, go check it out.

But I still need someone to fix mine.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Can't help you there. Still trying to get it to make Feiyan 3rd seat instead of VC. Can someone do that too? The wiki doesn't like me...
    You mean it won't let you edit, or...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    I can do that much, even though I can't fix my own. >_>

And I just fixed it for you Moon Wolf, go check it out.

But I still need someone to fix mine.
    I'll do it. It's supposed to let only the creator of a character page rename it, though I can change that if everyone agrees to it.

Can someone add some info to the pages for the shrine and cafe?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-13 at 11:26 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I ask, for those of you who can't figure out how to use the wiki, what do you have trouble doing? I can put guides here.
    I'm fine with using the wiki, I just forgot to do the name/title changing.
    Can someone add some info to the pages for the shrine and cafe?
    I just added Kasanip's shrine description to its page. We need a description from Draken about the caffé beyond its location unless one is already floating around in one of the threads.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-13 at 11:33 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't have the time or patience to learn. No offense meant to you or NC, but I didn't use it in the first game, Narutoitp or here. My time is pretty sporadic and growing shorter by the day now that I'm settled into my new home. I am always on GItP, its easy to reference things from here. It may seem lazy, but its just plain easier to reference everything on one site in which I frequent for not just this game.

Pretty much the same reason I've given when it came up in the Naruto game, and when we made the first Bleach wiki.

Unless someone is updating it often, the website quickly grows antiquated. Heck, even the wiki now isn't fully up to date, and the game hasn't started. Missing a Loose Cannon, Mortal World, Quincy (though it has the tab) sections, and the Espada section hasn't been updated either. And thats off the top of my head.

Its also missing the very popular "Whats different from canon" section.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-13 at 11:38 AM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

12. - Top - End - #72

Ah. I'll see if I can't add the "What's different from the canon" although I doubt the wiki will let me. I'll see.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    I don't have the time or patience to learn. No offense meant to you or NC, but I didn't use it in the first game, Narutoitp or here.
    I don't really care about the wiki either but we could always make it pretty and up to date without much effort.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Fine, I'll do it. Can someone make me an archive of important names? Like what the High School is named?

---

Hows this for a rough draft? If I am missing anywhere necessary, mention it, and I will add it in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Phoenix Town. To the untrained eye, it is like any number of other midsized city in Japan. Its people live their lives, bustling to and fro. Phoenix Town High School staff prepares for the return of the students, as those self same students bemoan, look forward to, or do not really care about the end of their vacation. In its classrooms, club rooms, and athletic grounds lie many memories for most of the populace of Phoenix Town.

The more devout attend one of the many local shrines. One in particular is tended to by one of those self same students, Sayaka-san’s vacation likely consumed by the work necessary to keep the Houheiden Shrine in tip-top condition. Situated on a forested hill, apart from much of the development, Houheiden Shrine is surrounded by Forest, give it a picturesque backdrop. The Houheiden Shrine grounds are the picture of peace and tranquility. For now, they serve as refuge for those exhausted by their day to day lives, a spot to rest, recuperate, and find the strength to continue on with their lives. To the Shinigami, it is known as a place where they may pass between worlds… along as they obey the rules set forth.

The Venti Buon is no less a refuge, in a different fashion. The Café is placed near to many important spots for individuals with a sense of the supernatural, including the Cemetery, and (Blank) High School. The Café is not huge, and both its staff and regulars would raise an eyebrow at a more formal establishment, but to the High School Students that frequent it, such is just normal. Perhaps some of them will seek it out today, as that dreaded or anticipated date closes.

Not far from Venti Buon sits a shop. Most overlook it, but for those interested in the more supernatural aspects of this world, it is a must see. Furousha Shop caters to many kinds, and much of its clientele counts other clients as enemies. However, Viatrix’s skills and usefulness has kept it quiet thus far, and the place is an invaluable source, no matter if you are Shinigami, Hollow, or Medium. However, everything has a price.

So, on this sunny day, full of the promise of summer, let the story begin. Phoenix Town is about to be tossed into the center of dire plots, and none know the full extent of the danger, including those conspiring to bring about its destruction. However, that lies in the future. For now, the greatest concern is the end of vacation.
    This looks good to me... so, we ready for a dry start?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey NC, I was actually considering (offhand) about making a fraccion. You have an IM?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #76

@Strawberryman: I'm ready to start I'm ready to start I'm ready to start!!
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

@Kurama: Yet another clarification: this is merely a 'dry' start. By my definition, that means starting without any plot, just character interaction/establishment.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #78

Oh I realize, I also realize that without Moon Wolf being on in the beginning my character won't get much starting interaction anyway, but I'm excited.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. I'll see if I can't add the "What's different from the canon" although I doubt the wiki will let me. I'll see.
    Please tell me the problem.

And as nc said, it's only outdated if you let it be.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-13 at 01:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, I'm back and...

Oh sweet Jesus, why have you done this to me!?! 23 pages of reading! Have you no mercy?

*ahem*

Assorted comments, in sporadic order:

@riccaru: Caramell.....Dansen.....AUGH! My eyes!!! Someone gouge 'em out!!!
    By your request...
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    Well an single hollow that was formally a shinigami would likely have much more initial power then hollows that were human. Just as purified gillians would turn shinigami. What would happen if an espada was purified? Would that be possible, being as they are a sort of hybrid?
    A purified Espada would become an immensely powerful purified plus. Maybe in time they'd become powerful Shinigami in turn. Other than, no differences to other Hollows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    That and, one more question:

Do Living Arrancar eat Hollows?
    They don't need to. They might feel the craving, but it's not strictly necessary. They can, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    I could always write a backstory and make her older.

I must admit I didn't think about her rank when I made her 79 but I think her being so young will make for an interesting backstory. I'll get started.
    Just reminding people: our characters are arbitrarily old largely by choice. Nothing really necessitates for characters to be centuries old. As seen in Canon, every once in a while Captain-level power can be reached in as little as 16 years. 79 years is a lifetime. I don't see why a dedicated character couldn't become VC or Fraccion level in less than a century.

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Thus why I always had a problem understanding how any Arrancar could get stronger besides Segunda Etapa. Once you become an Arrancar, how do you change whether you were an Adjuchas-level Menos or a Vasto Lorde-level Menos? You sealed those powers.

Well, I don't think very many Shinigami have Shikais or Bankais that change much over time, so I'd probably say "yes sorta." The base abilities probably don't change very much, at the very least. But based on where we're going with the game, Arrancar can gain more power and therefore probably have some increase in potency for their Resurreccións.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    I think this really brings up the point that Shikai!=Ressurection, Bankai!=Ressurection.

In addition, any two shikai may not be of the same power, as well as bankai, resssurection, segunda etapa, etc. The names shouldn't be a measuring stick, only mechanics behind how they work on a basic level.
    I again state my suggestion that Arrancars can grow in power by training and growing closer to their Aspect of Death. An Arrancar who is out of touch with his Hollow nature will have a weak, unwieldy and artificial-looking Resurreccion, while a more powerful Arrancar's Resurreccion will look more streamlined and squeeze more out of the same powerset.

Also, as evidenced by Rukia in canon, a Shikai can have more than one power, and by communing with one's sword it's possible to gain more or learn to use existing ones better. Also, battle experience will allow much better use of existing abilities - witness Ichigo using Getsuga Tenshou in alternate ways.

Over all, I think skill, determination and amount of Reiatsu should be far bigger factors in combat than whether someone has power-up X. An inexperienced user with Bankai should lose to a very experienced one with shikai, or no sword at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I suppose there's no real point in me saying I still don't like the "Sereg nabs Shinigami to fight for his amusement" idea?
    Technically, Sereg only needs one -

"Ooh! Pick me! Pick Me!"

*Ahem* As said, Sereg only needs one Shinigami to hold those matches. I think we can agree that is possible. '^_^

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Well, first I actually need someone..."
    "My master volunte - Ooomph!"

"No, in nine Hells, NO! Don't get me involved in anything stupid, you hear me! Now, get back to your lamp!"

"But master, you are so lonely. I'm sure a little company would spice you up ~<3"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyway, here is what I have set for Hueco Mundo's opening post.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hueco Mundo...
    Bleak wastes under eternal midnight.
    A world, a sea of dunes and storms of silt.
    Above cavernous depths.

Hueco Mundo, not the most welcoming place in the world. The White Sands are vast and open, and silence reigns. There are no landmarks but a few petrified plants, some rocks... And Las Noches.

The great city rises from the horizon as if it were but a few miles away, so vast are its walls, visible from anywhere in the dunes. A bastion of civilization in an otherwise empty world, ruled since time immemorial by the Ghost King, Erscheinung Von Geister.

But there is much more than that, beneath the sands is the sprawling Forest of Menos, endless caves dotted by countless columns of rock, petrified trees whose canopy and eroding leaves shape the desert above.

Hueco Mundo, the hollow world, the place where souls go to fade...

Why are you here?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "My master volunte - Ooomph!"

"No, in nine Hells, NO! Don't get me involved in anything stupid, you hear me! Now, get back to your lamp!"

"But master, you are so lonely. I'm sure a little company would spice you up ~<3"
    "Sato-taichou acts so weird sometimes..."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

@Steilos: The 7th member looks fine. I've forgotten his name now since I've trawled through several threads, but he looked fine.

As I said in the old BleachiTP OOC, apologies for vanishing, but I had familial duties to perform.

24. - Top - End - #84

@Prime: I'm a member of the wiki, although it won't let me add another page...

@Berry and Kurama: I agree, even though it's a dry start, I'm itching to post my Onmi opening! My Onmi members know of it's awesomeness, although they aren't allowed to spoil yet! I've only told one person about the theme music...mwahaha...

@Frozen Feet: *Yuuki faints*

Although, I personally like the Hellsing version of Caramell Dansen.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

About the Episode thread: Inyuthebeatis and Riccaru, your characters can flee any moment now when they feel they're being out-evilled. Also, Terry, take care of that Gillian, will you? >.>
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal world opening looks good, I can do a different one, but I only expressed a whish to do it innitially, not a demand or "I really, really want to", I can throw a moodsetter in some other time and I'll be just as glad to do that, go with the one posted already if you guys like it

As said, spending time with my girlfriend that just came home from a four month language education in japan, she's heavily asleep on the bed behind my back as of now, still a bit jetlagged after yesterday's homecoming.

I'm on and off of these forums, doing the occasional post in FFitP planning thread, and I'll be posting in the Seireitei as we get started, but for now, I'm more of a post-popping-ghost than anything, fading in and out of walls, leaving cryptic, or massive, messages.... oh ****

I've become Von Gheister

In other news, a plot idea for the Seireitei lower levels that always seem to work: Missing people in Rokun coupled with heightened hollow activity, this puts the lower levels to work and also opens for a mini arc containing a stray arrancar sating his hunger, the discovery of a vc or lower level Vizard gone rogue (someone who became one, thought he could control it, then ran away), or perhaps something from one of the lower Noble houses? An ancient heirloom starting to wake in strange ways, turning people into hollows by acting upon their deepest fears and desires, basically, although soulburied, they start to cling to memories of days long past, or the feeling of never having had a mortal life to begin with. This could turn into a whole house of lesser nobles being gradually turned into Hollows, the servants who used to be mortals first, then the SS-born folk of the house, until the ruler of it is revealed to have succumbed and become a Vizard, leaning a LOT more on the hollow side than the mortal one, the madness of Tousen and Hichigo basically.

There are many ways to a small sideplot that doesn't have to involve the captains. This however, means that the captains may NOT show up.

A captain has, to me, always been the last card, the only reason Muguruma went out was that people from his own squad had gone missing, the ONLY reason. Unless the hollow is too much for seated officers to handle, the Captains should never see the field. Even seated officers will command groups of redshirt... I mean unranked shinigamis into battle, Vice Captains commands unranked and ranked, and the captains command them all. This should also be the level of response:

Unranked, unranked w. ranked, vice captain with ranked, captain. Just in order to avoid captains showing up at every tiny little thing. A captain might apear for a final boss, but seldom will he be there to save the day, heck Ukitake didn't step in to save Rukia or Kaien, sure, partly due to views, but still.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

@Prime: I'm a member of the wiki, although it won't let me add another page...
    What exactly are you doing? Does the front page have a box that says this?
    You can not apply.
    It seems you already are a member of this site.
    You might not be logged in. Can you start a thread here?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-13 at 03:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

Doh! If were starting I'll have to get my omni member up for critique.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The example of Ukitake with Kaien and Rukia isn't a great one. For one, Ukitake has the blood-cough thing. For another, he was stupid.

I'm sorry, but asking a Captain to not intervene if he's already on-site, if such intervention could keep alive a powerful, capable, trained Shinigami, is the height of stupidity.

It's one thing to have a policy of not calling them to the field until things reach a certain point. That's reasonable and fair.

But once they're there, asking them not to step into a fight to preserve the life of one of their squad members is stupid. It's more likely they'll have to fight the opponent anyways, and have a dead division member to boot.

I don't know about the other Captains, but Masaru's not going to hold the Idiot Ball if I can help it.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

@Frozen Feet, Actually, I think you ended up ticking Pico off with that barrage. If you guys don't mind, I would like to see where this fight goes. But, if you want it to be done, then I'll get him and Sereg to beat a hasty retreat.