New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 8

If you want, we can go at it for longer. At least as long as it takes for Karite to dispatch of the Gillian. I'm just noting that you can end it at any time.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    If you want, we can go at it for longer. At least as long as it takes for Karite to dispatch of the Gillian. I'm just noting that you can end it at any time.
    If you think Hannibal is hurt enough to warrant the radical procedure, then we'll pull out soon. If not, then we need to hit you hard^_^.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

The blood cough thing is tuberculosis.

And you have to understand that... Well, we are talking about stereotypical japanese samurai here, in the case of the shinigami, honor is a big deal for them, and Ukitake was not holding an idiot ball, he knew that without his help Kaien could have died (and it happened), but for the sake of honor, he held back from interfering.

And that is a mindset that we should try to get more into. Because not following it will invariably lead to the same issue that all but plagued the last game. Captains going out of their way to deal with every single problem.

Example: Two templarios go to the mortal world, shortly afterwards, two mortal heroes, two arrancar, two captains (I think) and the goddamn Commander General show up a few minutes afterwards.

Granted, horngeek deleted Daisuke's appearance in that event. But I still had to asspull a negacion without really getting anything done in order for my character to not get curbstomped by impossible odds.

Not saying everything should be a one-on-one battle of honor, of course, but that mindset isn't holding an idiot ball at all, rather, it is a tool we really, really must use as often as it won't banalize it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    The example of Ukitake with Kaien and Rukia isn't a great one. For one, Ukitake has the blood-cough thing. For another, he was stupid.

I'm sorry, but asking a Captain to not intervene if he's already on-site, if such intervention could keep alive a powerful, capable, trained Shinigami, is the height of stupidity.

It's one thing to have a policy of not calling them to the field until things reach a certain point. That's reasonable and fair.

But once they're there, asking them not to step into a fight to preserve the life of one of their squad members is stupid. It's more likely they'll have to fight the opponent anyways, and have a dead division member to boot.

I don't know about the other Captains, but Masaru's not going to hold the Idiot Ball if I can help it.
    How's that holding the Idiot Ball or being stupid? Kaien didn't want Ukitake to interfere any more then Ukitake wanted to get involved in Kaien's fight. It was quite simply not a decision based on logic or strategy, but based on honor. Sure Metalmucia had killed a couple other shinigami and destroyed Kaien's zanpakuto, but it had displayed literally nothing else that marked it as an overly large threat. Especially to a Vice-Captain. Aside from that, it killed Kaien's wife.

Could you honestly say you'd be okay if Hans murdered Greta (for Realz!) and while Satoshi was fighting him for like...Daisuke/Shirubaru/Tai/whoever to step in and finish Hans off?

EDIT: And what Draken said as well, though I'm forced to point out that despite a lot of similarities between samurai and shinigami, there's still some differences between them.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-06-13 at 03:24 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, tgva, I must ask that Taiki drops by to pick Natsuko up on his way to the meeting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There's got to be a middle point between "watching idly while my subordinates keep dying in single combat" and "Captain does everything".

I think keeping a hard line on the "don't call in Captains unless the threat warrants it" is a good way to do it. If they're not on the field in the first place, it's not an issue.

Edit: Nevermind. Forget I said a single word.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-06-13 at 03:25 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Have... any of the threads been started yet? I mean, we do have the opening posts... what, pray tell me, are we waiting for? Or have I just become blind '^_^

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Straws and Draken were waiting for me. I went to my little brother's Soccer Game. The Mortal World and Seiteirei are up.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Well, The Seireitei is up.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Links are good manner.

Also, to people reading the Episode, don't miss the links hidden in Hannibal's speech!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    What exactly are you doing? Does the front page have a box that says this?

You might not be logged in. Can you start a thread here?
    Yep! That's exactly what it does....grr...d'you have a solution to that in trouble shooting?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Added "Threads" menu to the top of the wiki with links to all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Yep! That's exactly what it does....grr...d'you have a solution to that in trouble shooting?
    Well, can you start a thread there without running into any problems?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default *

I agree with Draken, the constant "captain shows, captain fixes" ruined a lot of things in the previous game and caused escalation in powerlevels so that captains didn't have to turn up.

I think a few guidelines are better put in place:

1. If a shinigami is losing a battle and a captain is present or within some sort of plotkai-distance, PM BOTH of the combatants and ask whether or not interfering is fine. Only if an okay is had from both sides may the captain intervene. This to prevent captains from ruining plot moments and pre-made-fights. Alternatively, ask in the OOC thread before posting, easier in big teamfights where people WILL interfere with one another.

2. A pre-made-fight should be somehow marked. How about putting a * at the top of the post? Just like thisone, that way, EVERYONE will know not to but in.

3. Be willing, and prepared, to delete your post as a captain/espada/whatever should the interference be unwished or uncalled for. No "if" or "but", just delete it if the fighters whish for.

4. No Godmodding should be extra reminded for anyone with Captain Class Reiatsu.

5. Captains moving out is a big thing, they should only really be mobilised if **** REALLY hits the fan, or if people run into them.

6. Any subplots marked as "Low Powered" in the OoC thread should keep any non-planned captain level involvement out of combats. Captains can talk and be a part of the story, but they shouldn't be in the thick of it.

Those would be my suggestions, most importantly the "Don't but in" sign in fights, the * at the start of the post will be a bit jarring at first, perhaps put it in the title like I did here? This will help people of ANY power from butting in.

Do note that both people should use the * in order not to miss it. Note however, that if the star is placed with specific limits in mind other than "this is between me and other star posters and it is planned", say so in the OoC.

In essence, the * is there in order to mark an event as planned, if it is not, it can be put there but will NOT be regarded canon untill discussed in the OoC. For instance, if draken were to do his thing again, he'd mark it with a "*" and say "I'd be happy to play this thing out for a while without people nuking it instantly", this whish should be discussed and, hopefully, respected. Any "but my character wouldn't let that happen" discussion just to get an excuse to showcase "look how awesome I am" should at least TRY to respect this by coming up with a plausible excuse as to why your character isn't there.

This is ALL suggestion though.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

An asterix isn't very... intuitive. Couldn't it be "[Private]" or something?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-13 at 03:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [private]

Perhaps in the Thread Title of the post, but I'm not sure if it is a bit too disruptive of the flow or not.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

An asterisk is likely to go unnoticed. I don't know know about you people but I don't read post titles in threads. Not often.

We can just go with the deletion thing. Shouldn't be a big problem.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Th-the-they-they're finally up.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Since Serazel is okay without Segunda Etapa and likely won't achieve it in a long time, IF he does, is it okay if I post him on the character registry?

Additionally, who wants an as-of-now fraccion without an Espada? I would go to Mei, but that feels... I dunno, easy. But I don't really understand why.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"Because Mei is promiscious."

The Conductors duty of pointing out the obvious completed, he now rushes away to tell Von Geister he is a bad, bad person.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, the double entendres.

Probably feels that way because horngeek is always calling for more fraccion, and deep down in your mind you understand that she is the espada of Lust, with a fraccion of lust and...

Ahahaha. Can't help it. I must mispell horngeek as hornygeek again. That is probably what afflicts you as well, Kuro.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: *

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with Draken, the constant "captain shows, captain fixes" ruined a lot of things in the previous game and caused escalation in powerlevels so that captains didn't have to turn up.

I think a few guidelines are better put in place:

1. If a shinigami is losing a battle and a captain is present or within some sort of plotkai-distance, PM BOTH of the combatants and ask whether or not interfering is fine. Only if an okay is had from both sides may the captain intervene. This to prevent captains from ruining plot moments and pre-made-fights. Alternatively, ask in the OOC thread before posting, easier in big teamfights where people WILL interfere with one another.

2. A pre-made-fight should be somehow marked. How about putting a * at the top of the post? Just like thisone, that way, EVERYONE will know not to but in.

3. Be willing, and prepared, to delete your post as a captain/espada/whatever should the interference be unwished or uncalled for. No "if" or "but", just delete it if the fighters whish for.

4. No Godmodding should be extra reminded for anyone with Captain Class Reiatsu.

5. Captains moving out is a big thing, they should only really be mobilised if **** REALLY hits the fan, or if people run into them.

6. Any subplots marked as "Low Powered" in the OoC thread should keep any non-planned captain level involvement out of combats. Captains can talk and be a part of the story, but they shouldn't be in the thick of it.

Those would be my suggestions, most importantly the "Don't but in" sign in fights, the * at the start of the post will be a bit jarring at first, perhaps put it in the title like I did here? This will help people of ANY power from butting in.

Do note that both people should use the * in order not to miss it. Note however, that if the star is placed with specific limits in mind other than "this is between me and other star posters and it is planned", say so in the OoC.

In essence, the * is there in order to mark an event as planned, if it is not, it can be put there but will NOT be regarded canon untill discussed in the OoC. For instance, if draken were to do his thing again, he'd mark it with a "*" and say "I'd be happy to play this thing out for a while without people nuking it instantly", this whish should be discussed and, hopefully, respected. Any "but my character wouldn't let that happen" discussion just to get an excuse to showcase "look how awesome I am" should at least TRY to respect this by coming up with a plausible excuse as to why your character isn't there.

This is ALL suggestion though.
    I think an addendum could be added to these though...

-For those who have a 'Low-powered' plot or arc, try to provide a decent reason for why higher-leveled people can't, shouldn't, or wouldn't get involved. I mean...even if I commend Ukitake for being able to stand there until Kaien had definitively lost, he had a reason for just standing there, even if it was a personal one. I'd be much more inclined to call it holding the Idiot Ball (as KD did) as well if Ukitake didn't help Kaien out for....well...because he didn't. Try to provide an IC reason, from something physical keeping higher powered characters away, timing the 'low-powered' arc during an event occupying the attention high level characters, a personal reason to not actually get involved, or whatever else you can think of. It's hard for people to justify (IC) why their character wouldn't help out in some cases and might not like using an OOC reason for why they don't get involved. Just as it's courtesy for them to ask before getting involved, it's just as much of a courtesy to help give them a reason not to. (Goodness knows I take that into account) Heck, that's the real (okay, half of it) reason Genoveva doesn't give two craps about any other arrancar as is. It's so she can go and watch fights, talk to either side or other non-combatants, or just grin evilly while her allies may/may not be getting killed.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-06-13 at 03:56 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

indeed, but then again

"Well, I heard there was a hollow out here so I figured I should help" or "So, I got word, despite not being in this arc, that this end boss of yours is kinda strong, so I'll just come in and obliterate him with shikai" does not really need a reason to be kept away I hope?

But yes, "General plot of arc focuses on low power, information should not reach captains until after the arc is over via reports" should be an acceptable one for a LOT of it, since there is paperwork, we've seen it.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground

My post is finally up! And I'm sorry for it being so long. The creepiness of the underground base in in the details.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

On current Seireitei: Waiting for all the Captains to arrive before Ryouichi comes in. Carry on; I'm also focusing on making an opening wall for Valeria in the Mortal World thread.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

@Moon Wolf, Holy crap. Bravo. I listened to the theme song while I was reading the opening post. It is awesome. All of it is awesome. Once again, bravo, bravo. *slow clap for about 3 minutes*

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    My post is finally up! And I'm sorry for it being so long. The creepiness of the underground base in in the details.
    Well done.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, because I didn't see it announced anywhere... Zibarra Emet and Himura Michiko are officially captains now. We didn't vote on Kiku yet, because Kraz has yet to do a division write-up. So... either he comes up with a division, or you come up with an excuse for why 9th's captain is late or missing.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Very nice posts all of you, posting Onmi tomorrow or somesuch, too much focus on FFitP to swap mindset when this tired right now

But good posts, and Akemi will soon be stopping his play ^^