New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

Takeshi hums idely, setting the menu down with a polite smile. He seems totally oblivious to the cold fury in the poor young woman's eyes, though if its an act of if he's truely not paying attention is hard to guess. He grabs one of the myrid waitresses by her shirt sleeve, causing a sqwak of confusion. He continues to smile happily on.

"Yes, hello! I'd like...one marinaded squid, and what ever the young Vice Captain is having. Thank you."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

[Fancy and outrageously expensive restaurant]

"Lets see... I'll take swift nest soup, deep-fired giant shrimps, salad made of golden apples and lotus tree fruits, and a bottle of Ryuunosuke white wine from 1750, thank you", Sayuri says to the waitress. It's so obviously vengeful and epicaricacios smile it makes a drop of sweat appear on the waitress's temple. She has to wonder if Sayuri is going to poison poor Takeshi.

As the waitress goes to deliver their order, Sayuri turns to Takeshi. "So, Commander, you look quite young", she says, still smiling maliciously. "Would you mind telling me how long you've held the job? I don't remember you from my time. Have the others been nice to you?"

[13th division]

Time passes. Or rather, it oozes by like stain of viscous tar, numbing Sato Hachirou's mind with its dull advance. Lacking anything better to do, he just sits in a chair opposite to Allan Crossdale and glares at the unseated intently - hoping, maybe, that his burning stare will reduce the boy to ashes, so that the last report he has to write of him will also be the last. Seems like another unveventful night.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-20 at 01:03 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #453

Takeshi blinks slightly, his smile faltering for but a moment before slowly stretching across his face once more.

"My such a fancy meal. It looks like I'll be eating at the real slums in the Corp for the rest of the month. You've got very fine taste, and I get the message."

He leans back into his chair slightly, shrugging as he removes the pipe from his mouth, folding his hands neatly on the table.

"I'm fifty seven years old, Vice Captain Sayuri, I was not even aware you were in the Corp. My Predecessor, as you might have heard passed away only a short time ago. Before her, the Vice Comander was killed as well, so I took her place. As for how everyone else is treating me? Well...it is hit and miss as you might imagine. Some find my promotion quite in poor taste. While others? Well, they think I will change the face of the entire Corp in a single night! Either way, it is alot of pressure. As you can expect, I try to amuse myself and take time to relax, so the stress does not effect me. I must apologize to you, Vice Captain Sayuri. You became the target of some of my more willfull teasing, I was not aware you viewed uncultured individuals with such ferver. You've cost me a bundle for my pranks! I must say I deserved it."

Takeshi laughs,running a hand through his hair, shaking his head weakly.

"But I did in fact promise to pay, and so I shall. But surely you don't want to listen to me babble on and on about myself and my troubles. What of you Vice Captain Sayuri? Why did you leave the Corp. and how has life been within the Gotei since?"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-20 at 12:25 PM.
    My Current Works

4. - Top - End - #454
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Yeah, I should get to my own duties. Later. He waved, and disappeared to his desk to face....hours of paperwork. Sigh...
    After Sigint fills out various paperwork, ending with signing a report on the borderlines, he gets up and walks towards the Captain's office, paperwork in hand. When he gets to the door, he knocks on it with his knuckles a couple of times, calling out to him in a raspy, gravely voice like that of a long-time smoker's. "Can I come in, Captain?"

5. - Top - End - #455
    Halfling in the Playground

Hm? Yuuki asked absent-mindedly. Oh, that reiatsu feels like Sigint's. He put down the paper he was reading and called, C'mon in!
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-06-20 at 12:46 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

Sigint opened the door and walked through it, closing said door behind him. He then turns his head towards Yuuki and holds up the bundle of papers in his hand. "Brought you a present." He sets the papers on Yuuki's already cluttered desk. "So far, nothing too noteworthy has happened. Although I do know now about the upcoming menu changes at that restaurant by the 4th Division." He chuckles a little bit at his own comment, smiling behind the mask that covers his head. "So, I see you are keeping busy. How are you holding up?"

7. - Top - End - #457

Yuuki took the papers. ...More? You've gotta be kidding. When in hell will I get to practice it with all of this? He forced a smile and said, Thanks, Sigint-kun. You keep sharp. Your people might be going to Hueco Mundo sometime in the coming months, from all of the things I'm hearing.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, I heard something about that. The people upstairs are keeping the 'when' a pretty good secret though." He then scratches his chin for a second before looking at Yuuki again. "May I ask a question?...How is the security throughout the Rukongai? I mean, I know that we have spies and bugs all throughout the city; I set it up so that I can see them even now. Plus, I know that there are guards throughout as well but...I just want to double and even triple check if I could. I have a...feeling about what might happen, and I want to be sure nothing goes wrong." Unusually, Sigint's voice seems to be worrisome and unsure of what's to come.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-06-20 at 01:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459

Yuuki shrugged. I'm not the head of Security. If you want to know about that, I suggest you ask Kyasa-chan. I felt her reiatsu vanish from here a little while, but she's still in the Seireitei.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

Sigint nods in agreement at the comment."I think I'll do that." He then bows towards Yuuki. "Captain. Hope you have a good day." He then walks out the door, then just after closing the door behind him, jets out of the HQ. He then goes searching for Kyasarin, leaping from rooftop to rooftop almost faster than the eye can follow.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-06-20 at 04:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

[Fancy restaurant]

No wonder I didn't remember you. I left before you were even born!
    , Sayuri thinks as she listens to Takeshi's story. While a victorious smile still lingers on her face, she can't help feeling a bit guilty as the cheerful smile on Takeshi's face falter. I hope I didn't go too far. Maybe I should make this up for him at some point?

Her face darkens as she reminisces the old Kido Commander.

"Ah yes, I heard poor Chen-sama had perished. So many awful rumours abound, I don't really know what to believe. Maybe you could enlighten me on the subject?"

"There wasn't a very deep reason why I left. The 1st division approached me in their search of Kido experts some 70 years back - I was leader of unit 8 back then. I saw no reason to deny them... I guess I just felt I needed a change of pace. It's been hard work, but I think I'm managing."
    At this point, it'd likely "enlighten" Takeshi if one of Sayuri's subordinates would pop up to tell how well she's "managing". Fortunately, her work ethics do not, in fact, bend space-time.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-20 at 01:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462

Takeshi shrugs slightly, waving a hand through the air.

"My Predecessor died. Anything else is a rumor or slander against her person. I was there when it happened, as she requested. She laid down in her coffin, said her last words to me which...I am sorry but I cannot repeat in public...and then she passed on to rebirth. A sad day for me, she and the former Vice Commander were like family to me. A mother and a sister, of whom I will never truely get to know."

He gently takes out his pipe, glancing up at Sayuri as he lights it.

"But such talk is rather depressing, and I came to cheer myself up and relax. If your attitude outside of work is any indication, Vice Captain Sayuri...I am sure your work ethic can speak for itself were it able to grow lips. It is a shame you are not in the Corp any longer, but perhaps you would be Commander and I would still be the Vice Captain. Who can say. And ahh..your food is here."

Takeshi smiles as the near banquet is placed on the table, placing his chopsticks next to his plate as he continues to enjoy his pipe.

"I was scolded on drinking by Ex-Captain Hannibal, perhaps you have heard of him? He told me it was better not to posion the body. A lesson surely, but perhaps a drink or two with a pretty young lady would be alright?"
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hannibal? That brings up some memories...", Sauyri thinks, beginning his dinner from the nest soup. She obliviously downs the small serving in moments, not particularly tasting anything - somewhere, dedicated culiranists are crying. "Hmmm, I think I've met him long ago. But I think his only part right - isn't wine healthy in small doses?"

Obviously, she's thinking of red wine, but knowledge of cuisine is one of the few things she does not excell in. She moves on to the shrimps, eating sophisticatedly, but with speed of someone who's used to eating as fast as possible to get back to work more quickly.

"Where did you meet him?"

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Myojin arrives shortly after, and takes a look around. He nods in approval.

We probably have enough control to use our zanpakuto, or would you rather use bokken?
    Katisugo chuckles.
    I don't think were kids any more eh? Lets just avoid using Bankai.
    Katisugo dashes to the opposite side of the large field unsheathing his zanpaktou and raising it to Myojin with a friendly smile.
    Do you wanna start off, or should I?
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

15. - Top - End - #465

Takeshi reachs out across the table, grabbing Sayuri's wrist with a calm gaze.

"Please slow down Vice Captain Sayuri. Surely your not trying to get rid of me just because I'm a little rough around the edges? Not only that, you ordered some fine food...you should savor it. There are many in the Rokungai who will never eat as well as a single spoonfull of your meal. It is also bad for your digestion, so you'd not get the net gain of the wine."

Takeshi smiles sweetly, eating a small piece of squid.

"But, if you must be somewhere, we can get this packed up and you can enjoy it as you will at any time, Vice Captain Sayuri."
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Katisugo chuckles.
    I don't think were kids any more eh? Lets just avoid using Bankai.
    Katisugo dashes to the opposite side of the large field unsheathing his zanpaktou and raising it to Myojin with a friendly smile.
    Do you wanna start off, or should I?
    Myojin takes off his hat, and throws it to the side, inadvertantly towards Kazuma. He pops his knuckles, and puts his hands on his hips. He stands facing Katisugo, smiling.

Please, begin.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Aiyee! Evil Parents! Must deadtime after this.))

Katisugo starts things off blast toward Myojin before flashstepping to the side reappearing on one of the walls jumping down towards Myojin.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

[Fancy Restaurant]

Sayuri is suprised as Takeshi grabs her wrist. She gives the young man a disdainful look, but has to admit he's right. "I apologize", she says midly, "I don't want to get rid of you - I'm just used to eating in a hurry. We can finish our meal here."

"So, can you answer my question?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-20 at 03:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    ((Aiyee! Evil Parents! Must deadtime after this.))

Katisugo starts things off blast toward Myojin before flashstepping to the side reappearing on one of the walls jumping down towards Myojin.
    Myojin steps backwards, so that Katisugo, on his current trajectory, will land a few feet in front of him. Otherwise, Myojin still has his hands on his hips, and is still staring straight ahead.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

20. - Top - End - #470

Takeshi nods softly, continuing to eat slowly.

"Of course, please forgive me. I met him in the Maggots Nest, as you'd well imagine. I was requested to go and fix his markings you see. Intersting fellow. Sadly, thats all I can really discuss out here in public as well. The Kido Corp are well known for their secrets as you well know."

Takeshi pours himself a glass, offering the bottle to Sayuri.

"But I think his mask is very interesting."
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei]

When Sigint finds Kyasarin, he jumps down from the rooftops onto the ground next to her. When he lands on the ground, he is in a kneeling position, hand planted against the ground. He then straightens up and bows to Kyasarin. "Kyasarin-sama, how are you? How has the day been so far?" He says it cheerfully, not giving any hints towards what has been bugging him all day.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-06-20 at 04:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Seireitei]

When Sigint finds Kyasarin, he jumps down from the rooftops onto the ground next to her. When he lands on the ground, he is in a kneeling position, hand planted against the ground. He then straightens up and bows to Kyasarin. "Kyasarin-sama, how are you? How has the day been so far?" He says it cheerfully, not giving any hints towards what has been bugging him all day.
    Kyasarin smiles. She is in her office in the Division 2 barracks.
    I've been good. And the day...slow and boring like usual. How about you?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Takeshi nods softly, continuing to eat slowly.

"Of course, please forgive me. I met him in the Maggots Nest, as you'd well imagine. I was requested to go and fix his markings you see. Intersting fellow. Sadly, thats all I can really discuss out here in public as well. The Kido Corp are well known for their secrets as you well know."

Takeshi pours himself a glass, offering the bottle to Sayuri.

"But I think his mask is very interesting."
    Sayuri takes the bottle and pours herself a drink too. Odor of the fine wine mainly reminds her of industrial-strenght detergent, but after staring at her glass dubiously for a moment, she musters enough courage to take a sip. Yuck. She feigns enjoying it rather well. Somewhere, wine experts are crying.

"Maggot's Nest? So he's a criminal?", Sayuri wonders. "And what mask? What in the world would one do with a mask in prison?"

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Kyasarin smiles. She is in her office in the Division 2 barracks.
    I've been good. And the day...slow and boring like usual. How about you?
    "So far, the eyes all over haven't seen anything too noteworthy, unless you count menu items and celebrity gossip as noteworthy. But, while I was meditating this afternoon, Taganjuu and I were having an interesting conversation about things. Actually, that brings me to what I wanted to talk to you about."

He then sits down, if he can, and rests his head in his hand, his hand partially covering where his mouth is on the mask. He looks thoughtful, and his voice now lets slip concern.

"You see, when I was talking with him about how there hasn't been much going on, he said something interesting. 'Be ever vigilant in keeping weariness from your sight. Storms often come abruptly, the worst ones often without warning. Storms have no respect for the sun.' Now, I've found over the years with him that when he starts speaking cryptically, something big is going to happen. So, considering the context, I can safely assume that he is talking about our numerous enemies. So, I wanted to talk to you about the security. That is, if you feel you have the time." Despite the fact that his eyes are covered in a white and gray mask, you can tell he is looking straight at Kyasarin.

25. - Top - End - #475

"So far, the eyes all over haven't seen anything too noteworthy, unless you count menu items and celebrity gossip as noteworthy. But, while I was meditating this afternoon, Taganjuu and I were having an interesting conversation about things. Actually, that brings me to what I wanted to talk to you about."

He then sits down, if he can, and rests his head in his hand, his hand partially covering where his mouth is on the mask. He looks thoughtful, and his voice now lets slip concern.

"You see, when I was talking with him about how there hasn't been much going on, he said something interesting. 'Be ever vigilant in keeping weariness from your sight. Storms often come abruptly, the worst ones often without warning. Storms have no respect for the sun.' Now, I've found over the years with him that when he starts speaking cryptically, something big is going to happen. So, considering the context, I can safely assume that he is talking about our numerous enemies. So, I wanted to talk to you about the security. That is, if you feel you have the time." Despite the fact that his eyes are covered in a white and gray mask, you can tell he is looking straight at Kyasarin.
    Kyasarin sighs.
    If it will please you, but I would like to point out you haven't answered my question yet.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

Kyasarin sighs.
    If it will please you, but I would like to point out you haven't answered my question yet.
    Sigint chuckles a little bit. "You're right. I haven't." He looks off into the distance, his voice turning deadly serious. "...I'm worried. Taganjuu's little riddle has been echoing through my mind all day today. It seems even more important than the other times he's done this. What with my previous track record with cryptic sayings, I want to be absolutely sure that this 'storm', if there is one, isn't one of the worst ones." He chuckles a bit again as he turns towards Kyasarin, although these chuckles don't have the slightest bit of mirth in them. They are more the kind coming from a man facing down death. "I know I may sound ridiculous from your point of view, but trust me. I've know Taganjuu a long time, and he hasn't been wrong yet.

27. - Top - End - #477

I may not be anywhere near as old as the other soul reapers, or as wise, but I do put faith into my subordinates. This is worrisome, so tell me what it is exactly you wanted to ask me.
    She smiles thoughtfully.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

I may not be anywhere near as old as the other soul reapers, or as wise, but I do put faith into my subordinates. This is worrisome, so tell me what it is exactly you wanted to ask me.
    She smiles thoughtfully.
    Behind the mask, Sigint smiles after letting out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Kyasarin-sama." He then arranges himself to be more business-like and serious, any doubts in his voice gone. "I wanted to ask you about the security measures throughout the Seireitei and Rukongai. I also wanted to talk to you about how we could improve these where it is needed. Of course, I'm not saying you are doing a bad job, I just want to be sure."

29. - Top - End - #479

Kyasarin thinks for a minute, pulling out some papers fron her desk and looking them over.
    Hmmm... We have stealth patrol units doing twilight shifts all over the Seireitei every night, and we have secret cameras and bugs throughout the Rukon district.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

Kyasarin thinks for a minute, pulling out some papers fron her desk and looking them over.
    Hmmm... We have stealth patrol units doing twilight shifts all over the Seireitei every night, and we have secret cameras and bugs throughout the Rukon district.
    He bows his head slightly in thought for a minute. "Hmm. That might be where we could run into some problems. I know that we already have surveillance throughout both the Seireitei and Rukongai. But the patrols might be where we'll run into problems. What if we arrange the patrols so that we can have them around at all points of the day?"