New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

I'll have to take it up with the Captain. The Onmitsukidō primarily works at night, me being one of those exceptions since being VC of Squad 2 gives me a whole bunch of daytime paperwork and duties also. So I'm gonna have to see how he feels about changing such things. I'll make sure he knows everything you've told me. You are quite determined aren't you?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #482
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Sayuri takes the bottle and pours herself a drink too. Odor of the fine wine mainly reminds her of industrial-strenght detergent, but after staring at her glass dubiously for a moment, she musters enough courage to take a sip. Yuck. She feigns enjoying it rather well. Somewhere, wine experts are crying.

"Maggot's Nest? So he's a criminal?", Sayuri wonders. "And what mask? What in the world would one do with a mask in prison?"
    "I'm not sure that word is accurate. Yes, he goes against the laws of Soul Society but I am not so sure such laws have taken into consideration the exact nature of his...felony. As well, and I asked him this. Are we not all prisoners, trapped in the cell of our life and its myrid connections? The only difference is he's trapped physically, and while it is a difference...I can only wonder what our cell would look like, if we could see it. But thats merely existential ramblings from a kid. The truth is, he's infected with a hollow."

Takeshi shrugs, speaking as if this was surely the most regular conversation in the world, taking little to no pains to

"The how and the why I wasn't allowed to hear, but I was tasked as those before me were to rework the many kido keeping him trapped inside his prison. To be frank with you, he seemed quite pleasent despite the threats and advice to stop my drinking and smoking. I hope to be allowed to go back, but I'm not sure such a thing is in the cards outside of my intended duties. Two hundred years is a long time to wait to talk with a man of such prestige and knowledge. I think if I can speak with the older Captain's perhaps I can learn a thing or two and apply it in my job at the Corp. Never be without knowledge...thats what Kido Commander Cheng taught me. I'm not sure if I've taken it to heart or if its done me any good though!"

Takeshi laughs loudly, taking a long sip from his glass, seemingly unphased by the potent drink.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    I'll have to take it up with the Captain. The Onmitsukidō primarily works at night, me being one of those exceptions since being VC of Squad 2 gives me a whole bunch of daytime paperwork and duties also. So I'm gonna have to see how he feels about changing such things. I'll make sure he knows everything you've told me. You are quite determined aren't you?
    Sigint laughed at the "determined" remark. "Well, this old dog can be stubborn sometimes. Like I said, I want to make sure that whatever comes won't catch us with our pants down, and I feel that we are in a position to make sure that doesn't happen. He then gets up, pushing himself off of the table. "Anything else you think we should do? Run this by the other Units, Divisions, charity groups, what?" Through both the tone of his voice and his posture, you can tell the last group was meant as a joke.

4. - Top - End - #484

Kyasarin chuckles.
    It is completely up to you officer. I can't start spreading this around myself, as I have no real solid evidence, though I do trust you. I will relay this info to Captain Miyagawa though.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    "Of course, sir." Stepping backwards, he lets Emet into his office and pulls out a seat for him before closing the door. Sitting down behind his desk, Hideyaki once again returns his singular attention to the captain, keeping his tone level as he spoke. "What did you wish to discuss about the subject of my work?"
    "3rd Seat Hideyaki, this being has noticed that your efficiency surpasses this being's expectations by circa 157%. This being considers this a good thing. However, this being received your report on the paperwork error you detected and found it largely unnecessary. The relevant information has been forwarded to the 1st Division, but this being considers your report on the matter to be an inefficient expenditure of your time, 3rd Seat Hideyaki."

The Captain sits down opposite his 3rd Seat.

"This being would also like to note that whilst your efficiency is exceptional, it exceeds the efficiency of others members of this Division and the Gotei as a whole by too great a margin for you to expect similar dedication from others. We are all imperfect sentients, and are liable to make mistakes. This being would request that the next time you uncover such an error, 3rd Seat Hideyaki, that you make a one page summation of the error and forward it the relevant individuals, all whilst bearing in mind that you could also make such a mistake at some point."

Emet rises again.

"That is all, 3rd Seat Hideyaki. Please return to your work. This being apologises for disturbing you."

Emet nods to his subordinate and leaves Hideyaki's office, clanking his way back over to the location of his own desk.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

The next day, Natsuko starts to wake up, smiling at Taiki still in his formal robes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki is still asleep. Apparently, he was more tired than he appeared.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles, and waits for her husband to wake up, while listening to his breathing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi [1st Division]

Ryouichi awakes with a groan the next morning. Sitting up from the futon in his office, a hand idly rubs his forehead, almost seeming to want to rub the headache away itself. He hardly remembered anything from the previous night...

"Guh. ...Totally worth it."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

8th Division

It was the next morning, and Masaru was already hard at work.

Having not come back to his office after the Captain's Meeting, he had more paperwork than he would have liked.

Filling out the forms to each Captain, telling them that there would be a 2-month break on any major joint training exercises, took even more time.

Once he'd finished the last of the 13 (as the Kido Corps was occasionally included in such exercises), he sent a Hell Butterfly to 5th Division, requesting a secure messenger.

While he waited, he worked on catching up some of his internal paperwork.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not sure that word is accurate. Yes, he goes against the laws of Soul Society but I am not so sure such laws have taken into consideration the exact nature of his...felony. As well, and I asked him this. Are we not all prisoners, trapped in the cell of our life and its myrid connections? The only difference is he's trapped physically, and while it is a difference...I can only wonder what our cell would look like, if we could see it. But thats merely existential ramblings from a kid. The truth is, he's infected with a hollow."

Takeshi shrugs, speaking as if this was surely the most regular conversation in the world, taking little to no pains to

"The how and the why I wasn't allowed to hear, but I was tasked as those before me were to rework the many kido keeping him trapped inside his prison. To be frank with you, he seemed quite pleasent despite the threats and advice to stop my drinking and smoking. I hope to be allowed to go back, but I'm not sure such a thing is in the cards outside of my intended duties. Two hundred years is a long time to wait to talk with a man of such prestige and knowledge. I think if I can speak with the older Captain's perhaps I can learn a thing or two and apply it in my job at the Corp. Never be without knowledge...thats what Kido Commander Cheng taught me. I'm not sure if I've taken it to heart or if its done me any good though!"

Takeshi laughs loudly, taking a long sip from his glass, seemingly unphased by the potent drink.
    [Past night, still in the restaurant]

Sayuri, having finished the shrimps, move on to her fruitsalad. It is a pleasent suprise, sweet, yet not annoyingly so, and very juicy. She smiles obliviously at Takeshi as she enjoys the taste. "Infected with a hollow? Is that so?", she asks. Her eyes widen a bit as she finally recalls who Hannibal was, two centuries to the past. "I though he died of a poisoning, or that his Vice-Captain slew him when he recovered... it was so long ago, and I only heard wild rumours. I'm surprised to hear he's still alive, after all this time."

Finishing her desert, Sayuri puts the salad cup down and takes a sip of her wine again. Combined with sugary after-taste of the fruits, it doesn't taste half bad. "He was a rash and loud man, sure, but I never thought of him as a criminal. I hope the knowledge you gleaned from him proves useful. Maybe, some other time you could tell me more?"

Sayuri puts her glass down, and rises to leave. "This has been most wonderful night, Takeshi-san, but I'm afraid I must get going. I have to get up early tomorrow. I apologize if my petty vengefulness caused you trouble", she says, curtseying fairly to the young man. "If you ever have any business in the 1st, I'll gladly be of service."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-21 at 12:17 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #492

[Past Night]

Takeshi shrugs slightly, giving a curt nod to the Vice Captain before he turns towards the door.

"Nope. No trouble at all. I assume the 1st can pick up the bill. Or at least you, Vice Captain Sayuri. Double play is fair game wouldn't you say? After all, games are only finished when the players say so. Check mate Sayuri-chan."

He glances over his shoulder, the bottle of wine suddenly finding its way into his hand. He flashs a smile before turning his head back to look at the door.

"And thank you for a wonderful evening. I do hope you'll come and take a tour of the Kido Corp very soon. I think you'll be very surprised. I know the Kido Corp will."

He suddenly blurs, shunpo'ing out and through the Gotei 13 grounds.
    My Current Works

13. - Top - End - #493
    Barbarian in the Playground

3rd Seat Office, 7th Divison

"Noted. From now on, I will attempt to summarise errors in one page, as requested. And I will take into account your wise words on the efficency of others." Saluting the captain as he leaves, Hideyaki gets back to his paperwork, once again finishing it all. Another load comes through the chute he installed for such purposes. He does that. Then the next one. Then the one after that.

"Something is slightly wrong here."

After collating the reports, he very quickly reaches over to the chute and shuts it. Not fast enough. The chute disgorges one more colossal load of papers that knocks Hideyaki off his chair and leaves him hanging on to his desk like a shipwrecked sailor clinging to a rock in a storm.

"Something is very wrong here."

Fully aware of the noise this makes, he sits down at his desk and begins sorting it when he notices something. Very quickly shuffling it away for later, he heads to the Captain's office, knocking on the door.

"Captain?"
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494

[Past-night, at the restaurant]

Sayuri will feel a pair of hands fall on her shoulder, and a cheek rub against her own. "Sa - yuri-chan!" Kiku said playfully in her best toddler voice. Her arms found their way around Sayuri's neck, as she continued to nuzzle her cheek, "Hey, so who's that cute guy? You dating or sumthin'?" Sayuri might notice that the captain isn't wearing her haori or even her shihakusho this evening, and her hair was tied back in a bun, which might have been why she didn't spot her.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

[Past night]

"Ki - Kiku?", Sayuri yelps, surprised. "What are you doing here?" She does her best to struggle away from her grasp. "Stop that undignified behaviour! There are people watching!"

[13th division, morning]

Monotony shut down Hachirou's brains hours ago. While technically awake through the whole night, he hasn't been really aware of anything for hours. Then, a hell butterfly appears next to the 21st, flapping its wings lazily. What in the world?, Hachirou muses, jerking out his stupor just enought to give it a dull glare. Then, the butterfly delivers its message.

"Wake up, slackers!"

In a moment, everyone in the room are on their feet. For a moment, they are silent, waiting for the message to continue. It... doesn't. The 7th seat goes to the 21st seat and slaps him silly. "God dammit! Didn't I tell you to stop doing that?", her shrill voice rings in the ears of the crowd. "Almost got a heart-attack here! I swear, one more time and I will..."

Basic day, Hachirou muses, and starts strolling to his office. There is work to do.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

16. - Top - End - #496

[Past Night]

Takeshi stops in the Kido Grounds, wobbling and almost crashing into the sides of a building. He holds his head, throwing up in a small bush before taking a swig of the wine.

"Ahh..my lady, how you vex me...I wasn't interested in her at all."

He shakes his head, slowly calling a hell butterfly. He points in a random direction before it quickly screams off. It will find its way to Emet, the 7th Division Captain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Captain Emet, I am afraid we did not get a moment to speak at the Captain's meeting. I am informed you and your Division oversee the construction of Soul Society. I would like to hire you to come into the Kido Corp, and tear it all down save for the temples and the housing units. I have blue prints for the re-construction. Please answer as swiftly as possible.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Myojin steps backwards, so that Katisugo, on his current trajectory, will land a few feet in front of him. Otherwise, Myojin still has his hands on his hips, and is still staring straight ahead.
    ((Uh, is it still night with our fight?))

Katisugo lands safely laughing.
    Are my attacks really that predictable Myojin? Fight me already.
    Katisugo lunges with a swift uppercut, followed by a high-roundhouse kick before he lower his sword to perform a smashing slash.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

18. - Top - End - #498

[Past night]

"Ki - Kiku?", Sayuri yelps, surprised. "What are you doing here?" She does her best to struggle away from her grasp. "Stop that undignified behaviour! There are people watching!"
    Kiku let go of Sayuri, feigning hurt she said, "Sayuri-chan, that's mean. You're ashamed of me? 'sides, nobody'll recognize me cuz my hair looks like yours, see?" she points to the bun on top of her head. Keeping her hands to herself this time, she giggled, "That guy had a snazzy outfit, how come you didn't tell me about him?" something in her expression told Sayuri she already knew who it was though.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    ((Uh, is it still night with our fight?))

Katisugo lands safely laughing.
    Are my attacks really that predictable Myojin? Fight me already.
    Katisugo lunges with a swift uppercut, followed by a high-roundhouse kick before he lower his sword to perform a smashing slash.
    ((I guess it could be morning now?))

Myojin uses his left hand to throw his zanpakuto out of it's sheath, and steps back. He stops Katisugo's blade in the uppercut, and as Katisugo tries the roundhouse, Myojin attempts to kick his other leg out from under him.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

20. - Top - End - #500
    Halfling in the Playground

((Sorry for being away! Went with my doggie to visit Sick Kids Hospital.))

Yuuki

The Onmitsukidō's headquarters were becoming emptier, and quieter, as dawn drew near. Yuuki could be found fast asleep with a paper covering his face, in his office. A loud bang from somewhere in the tunnels woke him up and he leaped out of his chair with such force that he slammed right into the ceiling. Rubbing his head and cursing under his breath, he grabbed the paper and strode towards the 2nd Division barracks. Right, time to check on Kyasa-chan. From what it sounded like last night, Sigint wanted to talk to her about something about the security around here, and probably wanted to make a request but shyed off of asking me directly. Oh well. He stopped by the food storage room and grabbed himself an apple, and biting into it, shunpos off to the 2nd Division headquarters.

Feiyan

Feiyan was already awake well before dawn, due to falling off the bed. She debated about sleeping for a few more hours, but knew in her head that it would be virtually impossible to do that. She ran her fingers through her hair and opened the door of the spare bed room in the 4th's headquarters where she'd been sleeping. All right...let's see who I'm tending to today. She yawned, stretched, and strolled off down the hall.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

21. - Top - End - #501

Spoiler
    Show

[13th division, morning]

Monotony shut down Hachirou's brains hours ago. While technically awake through the whole night, he hasn't been really aware of anything for hours. Then, a hell butterfly appears next to the 21st, flapping its wings lazily. What in the world?, Hachirou muses, jerking out his stupor just enought to give it a dull glare. Then, the butterfly delivers its message.

"Wake up, slackers!"

In a moment, everyone in the room are on their feet. For a moment, they are silent, waiting for the message to continue. It... doesn't. The 7th seat goes to the 21st seat and slaps him silly. "God dammit! Didn't I tell you to stop doing that?", her shrill voice rings in the ears of the crowd. "Almost got a heart-attack here! I swear, one more time and I will..."

Basic day, Hachirou muses, and starts strolling to his office. There is work to do.
    Impressively, Allan had remained awake and aware through the entire night, although he had come up with increasingly exotic ways of doing so as time went on. By the time the butterfly relieves their shift, he is doing a handstand against a wall. The butterfly upsets his balance, but he gracefully lands on his feet despite this.

"Oh, hey. Cool."

He begins walking in the opposite direction as Hachirou.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    ((I guess it could be morning now?))

Myojin uses his left hand to throw his zanpakuto out of it's sheath, and steps back. He stops Katisugo's blade in the uppercut, and as Katisugo tries the roundhouse, Myojin attempts to kick his other leg out from under him.
    Katisugo smirked as Katisugo and Myojin's leg connected with each other creating a pulse of energy smashing the ground beneath them.
    Now the fight can really start!

Katisugo twists his blade around to separate his sword from the other Vice Captain's in an attempt to knock Myojin back as he steadies himself.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Kyasarin chuckles.
    It is completely up to you officer. I can't start spreading this around myself, as I have no real solid evidence, though I do trust you. I will relay this info to Captain Miyagawa though.
    "That would be great." He then thinks a few moments. "Hm...I will see if I can't get something out to the 8th and 9th through Unit 1, or maybe even personally." He seems to snap to attention, punctuated by him snapping his fingers in an "AHA!" sense. "One other thing, what do we have on the borders? I mean, what do we have to make sure that the borders are watched and safe from an outside offense?"

24. - Top - End - #504

Yuuta's rumbling voice booms across the grounds. "Will you be needing your customary 'alcohol poisoning' bucket and water jug, Commander?" The Vice-Commander's professional tone bears no hint of reproach or sarcasm as he finishes reviewing the last of the inventory reports from the soon-to-be demolished buildings of the Kido-Corps.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

25. - Top - End - #505

Not as tight as the security in the Seireitei, but you must remember, the Onmitsukidō is a stealth force. The true security of the Soul Society is up to the entire Gotei 13.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506

"I'm not drunk Yuuta!"

Takeshi grins, placing the bottle of wine in front of the massive, towering man.

"Not even tipsy! I had a glass of wine, thats all! Damn woman...I got on a nice date with the Vice Captain of the First Division and dump the check on her and she's -still- jealous. Are all the plans ready?"
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #507
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Katisugo smirked as Katisugo and Myojin's leg connected with each other creating a pulse of energy smashing the ground beneath them.
    Now the fight can really start!

Katisugo twists his blade around to separate his sword from the other Vice Captain's in an attempt to knock Myojin back as he steadies himself.
    Myojin slides back, but maintains his balance. He takes a sideways stance, blade outward at shoulder height, point facing Katisugo.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

28. - Top - End - #508
    Orc in the Playground

[1st Division]

Ryouichi sits down at his desk, still rubbing his temple tenderly. He idly summons up a hell butterfly, and sends a short message to his vice-captain.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ohayou, Sayuri-chan. Care to come in my office and refresh me on what needs to be taken care of? ...and bring a box of the popsicles."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryouichi has a stash of popsicles for hangovers at all times.

[6th Division]

Kyou yawns, stretching as she sits up from her own cot... Hm, what to do today...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma seemed to enjoy the spectacle. The level of forethought that went into each blow made him wonder if there would even be a sparring match if he and Katisugo fought. After, having one's rear wipe the floor does not count as sparring.

Regardless, he took his time analyzing things. Katisugo's combination of Hakudo and Zanjutsu felt a little off-putting at first, but he couldn't deny the precise elegance there was to it.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Ude

Ude is... Ude looks about, trying to figure out where exactly he is. He very quickly realizes he is in Masaru's place. More specifically, Masaru's entryway. He wasn't sure just how he got here, but it certianly looks like he didn't do it by much.

"...headache."

Ude begins rooting through Masaru's food supplies for some more Sake... just to take the edge off his headache.