New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Takeshi trudges into the Kido Commander’s office, his skin pale and large bags easy to see under his eyes as he slumps into the large chair, easily being swallowed up by the massive thing. He sets several jugs of sake on the table, cupping a hand over his mouth. It’s clear he’s already had more than enough to drink, his voice slurring as he wavers in the seat.

“Yuuta-kun! Whersh ya go?! Come outta der and drink wif me!!”
    Yuuta enters the room with the previously seen bucket and jug of water. "I'm here, Commander. I see that you've increased the amount of alcohol since last time."
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Yuuta enters the room with the previously seen bucket and jug of water. "I'm here, Commander. I see that you've increased the amount of alcohol since last time."
    Takeshi narrows his eyes, trying to pull the large man into focus.

"Yeee...Wash a har'night....ya commin ta drin to?"

He leans forward on the table, making a grab for the bucket.

"Chen-shama shays hi...."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #753

Kyasarin is at a bar, trying not to think about the large amounts of paperwork she has to do.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

While he's been waiting, Koujin has gathered a rather impressive collection of food. As the members of the 13th aren't familiar with his eating habits, a small betting pool has sprung up on if the rather slight shinigami can, in fact, eat all of it.

5. - Top - End - #755

The name causes Yuuta to exchange the bucket for a jug. He doesn't speak until he takes a hard pull. "You'll have to send my return greeting the next time you pay a visit." Yuuta looks into the jug as though it held the answer to all of the world's questions. "Thank you. While I do not resent the duties of my office, the sheer amount of paperwork generated in these past few weeks has really been taxing."
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

6. - Top - End - #756

Takeshi waves a hand weakly through the air, as if to dismiss the Vice Commander's continued patiance and understanding.

"S-Shhhhhsh....yous a good worker...can it fer jush one night won' ya? Ya shound like a brokn recerd....looshen up...or don' bodder drinkin..."

He leans back in his large chair with the bucket in his lap, glaring into it equally as hard as his Vice Commander reviewed the bottom of his jug. His words come slowly, each clearly pain stakingly though out.

"Ish gunna be a pain in de assh...I wan you...ta ged the Fish Unit ready...haven't heard from de Sheventh...
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hachirou stops writing, tilts his head, takes of his glasses and cleans the lenses with the edge of his Shihakusho, puts them back on, and blinks. He's not sure whether he's seeing thng. "That was... pleasingly quick. Maybe you aren't so hopeless after all. Yes, I did. It's about your punishment, for last night. Routine, as you should know."

"You'll be having extra training sessions for one week. I'll make sure myself you'll attend if I have to. You'll be training Zanjutsu with Shiaki Koujin, from 6th division. You'll meet him later today. I'm sure you'll find it useful later down the line."
    Allan manages a quick response to Hachirou's approval.

"I know you don't like me, but when I have a job, I do it."

Allan listens calmly as Hachirou explains his punishment. That doesn't sound so-

"I hope this'll be enough to make you pull yourself together. Captain said this is your last chance - I've suggested sending you to 6th for extended training. You're a nice guy and I know you can do your part when you feel like it - you just have to get your priorities straight, and stop avoiding work. "

Allan stiffens up, eyes flying wide in horror. He doesn't move for almost a minute, barring a few eye twitches, then visibly deflates and nods. His next response is mumbled as he turns and leaves the room.

"Yessir."

In the hallway, Allan sighs dejectedly. Fears of reassignment turn in his head-the Sixth saw almost no real action, and its Vice Captain was merciless from everything he had heard. He folds his arms.

Alright. Time to show them why I got here.

Interlacing his fingers and straightening his arms out to crack his knuckles, Allan begins to walk purposefully down the hallway. A loud growl from his stomach stops him mid step.

Fine. Food first, then work.

Allan continues a few more steps before realizing the food court is in the other direction. Face palming, he turns on his heal and heads the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    While he's been waiting, Koujin has gathered a rather impressive collection of food. As the members of the 13th aren't familiar with his eating habits, a small betting pool has sprung up on if the rather slight shinigami can, in fact, eat all of it.
    Allan enters the food court and grabs a tray, quickly piling it high with food. Completely coincidentally, he ends up sitting across from Koujin, raising his eyebrows at Koujin's collection of food.

"Can you eat all of that?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    At this point Hideyaki remembers something. "I've... also run out of ink, sir." Rare for him to forget like that. Oh, well. "I'm not sure how much paperwork there is in my office... It may be that there's items in there that haven't been seen for years. It would be good to clear out the backlog, sir."
    "This being concurs with your assessment, 3rd Seat Hideyaki."

Emet finishes with one of his own pieces of paperwork, signing it as he thinks.

"This being will provide you with all the additional inkwells the Division can currently spare, and place a requisition order for a copious amount of extra ink."

The Captain shuffles his paperwork into a neat pile before adding it to his completed pile.

"This being will also be able to provide you assistance with your task from this time onwards each day, if you desire it, assuming the amount of paperwork received by this being falls within standard expected parameters."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Thank you, sir." Hideyaki salutes and heads back to his office, opening the d- There was a colossal avalanche of paper and suddenly there's only a hand an a foot sticking out of the white papery mass. A Shinigami walks past with ink, slightly confused. A muffled voice comes out of the pile. "Inhkwhll." The now utterly confused Shinigami hands one over, and the hands are retracted. From inside the pile, there are sounds of extremely fast writing.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760

Takeshi waves a hand weakly through the air, as if to dismiss the Vice Commander's continued patiance and understanding.

"S-Shhhhhsh....yous a good worker...can it fer jush one night won' ya? Ya shound like a brokn recerd....looshen up...or don' bodder drinkin..."

He leans back in his large chair with the bucket in his lap, glaring into it equally as hard as his Vice Commander reviewed the bottom of his jug. His words come slowly, each clearly pain stakingly though out.

"Ish gunna be a pain in de assh...I wan you...ta ged the Fish Unit ready...haven't heard from de Sheventh...
    Yuuta kills his jug and goes for another. "Comm-Takeshi, I'm not joking when I tell you it takes time for drink to hit me. I weigh, what, eight times what you do?" The VC lightly jabs his arm with the new jug. "Most of this is solid meat. While you may be able to handle as much as you do with your extremely well-pickled liver, I can't help but need enough liquor to intoxicate a bear before I feel a good buzz." Yuuta laughs as he runs his hand over his scalp. "I don't usually drink because I have something against it, it's just too expensive!" Perhaps the drink is starting to chip at his self-control after all. "What am I getting unit five ready for?"
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2010-06-28 at 03:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761

Takeshi waves off the jab, muttering and taking a long chug from his own. He blinks blearily at the huge man, holding up a single finger.

"Fish. Not Fiff. Your drunk."

He laughs loudly, leaning across to slap Yuuta on the shoulder.

"Wad iffn de Sheventh dun wanna help huh? We'd be S.O.L...do ya wanna haf all dis go ta waste? Ta jus blwed up!? Ta much workd...ta washte...fed de Gotei..."

He slams the jug on the table, glaring at nothing in particular.

"We'll show'em...."
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #762

Ah. She nods a little, then smiles. I guess fixing everybody's problems would get annoying.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #763

Takeshi waves off the jab, muttering and taking a long chug from his own. He blinks blearily at the huge man, holding up a single finger.

"Fish. Not Fiff. Your drunk."

He laughs loudly, leaning across to slap Yuuta on the shoulder.

"Wad iffn de Sheventh dun wanna help huh? We'd be S.O.L...do ya wanna haf all dis go ta waste? Ta jus blwed up!? Ta much workd...ta washte...fed de Gotei..."

He slams the jug on the table, glaring at nothing in particular.

"We'll show'em...."
    Yuuta takes the playful swat after putting up a half-hearted defense. "We've got more than enough labor to get the job done ourselves. It'll probably be a bit uglier than we'd like, and take forever to get done, but we can still make it work."

Yuuta's second jug is largely killed in an extended swill before he sets the container down not too gently. "I have an idea. Instead of investing our precious few members in training the paid help... -what if we delayed our reconstruction so we can finance a whole new district to house our future workers?" Yuuta's posture slackens as he slouches some and allows his head to hang over the back of his seat. "With only cleared peers living in a secure environment, they'd be even more safe than they would be as amateur brawlers and we'd still keep our people doing what they signed up for."
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2010-06-28 at 10:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764

Takeshi leans across the table, his breath nearly able to be lit ablaze after he downs the last jug.

"Cause...we wanna git em inta de Rukoon...tink abut id...dey go outta here...inta de Rukoon. Spend der muny...dat muny's gonna git spendt ta. Den dat muny's gonna git spendt. See whatta mean? Ish a chy...chy...a shircle."

He slumps back into his seat with a loud sigh, lifting the large jug of water before taking a long sip, exhaling as he pulls the jug away. Water leaks out of the corner of his mouth as he tries to refocus on the large figure.

"Doshn't madder...ish gonna pish off de Chentral. Dey don' wanna haf ta deal wid de Rukon. Dey's gonna shetep rigt in an throwd a hisshy fitd. Den we're gonna haf ta kick em out. Ish jus a short term ting. No eashy soudtion. Ish not gonna take a night ta do...ish gonna take yearsh. Bud I'm gonna do id...I'm gonna make id bedder for em outder..."
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ah. She nods a little, then smiles. I guess fixing everybody's problems would get annoying.
    Ude looked at her and shrugged.

"I dunno. I've never tried to."

16. - Top - End - #766

Alysha smiles and giggles a little.

So, anything big coming up?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Alysha smiles and giggles a little.

So, anything big coming up?
    Ude thought for a moment, coming up with an answer.

"Lunchtime."

18. - Top - End - #768

She giggles again. Sounds good to me.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Fukui Kyou."
    (OOC:Bumping this...)

Eventually, they arrive at...wherever!

"Interesting...Definitely a first for me."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    (OOC:Bumping this...)

Eventually, they arrive at...wherever!

"Interesting...Definitely a first for me."

Shinji and Ikimi

"Same here," says Shinji as he gazes up at the restaurant's sign; Takahashi's Mortal Delicatessen. "I wonder what new stuff the mortal world's got now? That whole 'hanbaaga'1 dealy was alright, I thought."

"We may be on break, brother," says Ikimi as she analyzes every inch of the establishment, "but drinking is still strictly forbidden. It is unbecoming of a member of the Hayashi house to imbibe alcohol in the afternoon."

"Spoilsport..."

1Romanization of the Japanese loanword for hamburgers

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Shinji and Ikimi

"Same here," says Shinji as he gazes up at the restaurant's sign; Takahashi's Mortal Delicatessen. "I wonder what new stuff the mortal world's got now? That whole 'hanbaaga'1 dealy was alright, I thought."

"We may be on break, brother," says Ikimi as she analyzes every inch of the establishment, "but drinking is still strictly forbidden. It is unbecoming of a member of the Hayashi house to imbibe alcohol in the afternoon."

"Spoilsport..."

1Romanization of the Japanese loanword for hamburgers
    [Takahashi's Mortal Delicatessen]

"Well, even if you can't have alcohol just yet, I'm sure there are other interesting drinks."

Yoshi strolls in, his staff clicking softly against the floor. He comes to a stop off to one side, out of the way of others, so that he can consider the scenery (and menu, if there is one).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

22. - Top - End - #772

Yuuta spits up his current mouthful before snapping his head down to look at Takeshi as he speaks in an urgent whisper. "I must more far gone than I thought. I could have sworn that you just suggested trying to get rid of Central 46!" Yuuta flops his upper body onto the desk and erupts into a hearty laugh as he slaps the surface with he free hand. "Even if those old goats are no better than the meatheads running my family, who the heck would replace them? More nobles and power hungry politicians?" Yuuta sighs. "If I'm not crazy, and I really did hear you right, what's the next step? There's no such thing as a perfect government, so what's your plan to make ours better?"
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773

Takeshi shakes his head quickly, almost standing out of his seat. His tone almost instantly sobers along with his swift action, his blade flinging across the room.

"N-Not the Central! De Rukoon chitizens! De'd haf to go! The Central don' care one way or de oder about em. An' you know it! But your right, nothin would change even if der -were- gone. Don' care about de Central. De come in an tell us to ship out de workers...we do ash de say...and den bring em back in a month and demand de Sheventh comes in and helps finish up here."

Takeshi angrily slams his hand on the table, his arms moving through the air quite animated.

"Look at de mess out der! Poverty...crime! De 10th ishn't perfect, and Captain Taiki can sit on an egg fer all I care! He'sh a narrow minded ninny! We got what we want from dem anyway. Cap'n Hannibal may not be free, but we got the info on hish mask. But dat's not all so important eider. Whats important Yuuta, if fixin this messh here. De Kido Corp needs ta change. An' I know how ta do id. The one we know got Akemi-san killed. An' it wash Chen-sama's fault. She led dis happen. But I won't. We're not gonna led dese bloody nobles tell ush what to do!"

Takeshi slowly sits on the table, grabbing Yuuta's face and tugging it down to his own.

"We're gonna make a shight to behold...All Shoul Society is gonna haf ta listen to us. Screw de damn nobles. Time for de poor people ta get a shay."
    My Current Works

24. - Top - End - #774

Yuuta raises his hands, palms forward, in a semi-playful gesture that shows the he is unarmed. "Whoa there. I'm pretty sure we're, at least roughly, on the same side here. I'm just responding to what I'm hearing, ya know? I know stuff's got to change. I just don't know how to improve things in a way that will stick."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

[Rukongai]

Kyou saunters behind, looking around with vague interest. "Not bad. I'll have whatever you guys are having."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #776

"We make noise!"

Takeshi stands, lifting the man's face with him as he kicks the contents of the table onto the floor. His eyes suddenly seem alight with an inner fire, the room filling with thick smoke.

"We blow der stupid misconcheptions outta water! We make noise Yuuta! De think its all sundrops and gumshine, but its not! People die cause we're siddin on our areses like...like...well you know what we're sittin on our arses like! Everyting to dem is just a-ok cause they've got money an power and privilage! Money don't bring crap! Look how much we've got right here, we're sidden on a mountain of money and its goin ta waste!"

Takeshi hops off the table, letting go of Yuuta's face as he picks up one of the many accounting books scattered on the floor, flinging it angrily agaist the wall.

"Id should be goin out dere! De nobles don' want money out der, they want it here in Shoul Society so de can get their grubby mits on it! An while its all goin on, de Mortal World ish grown fast. People are fillin de Rukoon all de time, and its...its gonna get bad. De don't wanna work on it, fine. But we will.

And de Kido Corp. won't be just some religious pothole either! We'll be important. And no one will hafta die like Akemi-san...just cause she wanted to speak out against de stupid rules here. We're gonna be Yakuza, we're gonna be de Yakuza of the stupid criminals. We'll go into de streets with swords and Kido and we'll show em ya can't pick on people cause your bigger and stronger den them. We'll show everyone...we'll show everyone that every life is important because its a life!!!"
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

She giggles again. Sounds good to me.
    Ude chuckled back at her.

"Beautiful, intelligent, and a sense of what is important in life? You've stolen me heart clean away. Of course... that happens every five minutes, but doesn't change the fact."

28. - Top - End - #778

She laughs. You're so weird sometimes. I like that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #779

The mirth in Yuuta's face fades a little. "I can empathize, Commander. However, wouldn't becoming a bigger bully only prove that it is a valid option? I've always been the biggest kid in the playground and my family's reputation ensured that I was labeled trouble from the word 'go'. I want to help as much as you do, but..."

Yuuta's deferential demeanor begins to rebuild itself as he stares into the intense look on his Commander's face. "-I can see how a literal 'war on crime' can devolve into our own people becoming the new 'bullies in the yard', sir. I just don't want to be tied to bullies anymore. Keep that from happening, and I'll do what is needed without complaint."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Rukongai]

Kyou saunters behind, looking around with vague interest. "Not bad. I'll have whatever you guys are having."
    Shinji and Ikimi

"Shall we enter, then?"

The restaurant is packed with eaters, most of them Rukongai civilians but scattered throughout the eatery are a handful of Shinigami enjoying their lunch (or skipping out on work). A number of waiters and waitresses dash about, ferrying food or dirty dishes, occasionally to the wrong destination. The overall style is that of a typical Japanese eatery, juxtaposed against the varied Western and non-Japanese Eastern food being carried about. Shinji has to all but battle the other diners to find a 4-person table.

"Oh geez!" says Shinji as he plops down on his floor mat. "I thought I had to bring out Kannen for a sec there. And yes, Ikimi, I know that's against regulations. Article V, Section II, Subsection CV."

"Subsection CVI."

"Yeah, whatever. So...what's been going on in the mortal culinary world, eh?" He picks up a menu and flips through it. "Lessee...oh hey, it's that 'baabekyuu' stuff--wait, you can do that to beef?! Hell yeah, I'm getting that!"

"I'll just have hot soba noodles."

"Again? Aww, come on, sis, live a little."