New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Excellent. Would you rather we use wooden weapons or real ones? I promise I won't hurt you too badly either way.
    Hideuchi has deflated somewhat, finally accepting the inevitability of his upcoming sparring match with Kyasarin.

"Wooden ones...I guess."

It is, at this point, that Kuro Yougu chooses to speak, the grating whisper of his voice agitating Hideuchi further.

You realize, of course, that this is entirely your fault.
    Shaddup. I don't need another of your lectures.
    Then I will wait until you are too sore to move.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, yeah, I will send those to you post haste. Really, my toilet has more advanced components than that thing you are using."

And then Ryouichi makes the question that he was obviously going to make.

"Our scans haven't accused anything since we last met him, he's... Pardom the pun, slipped completely off the radar."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Her Reiatsu begins to become more apparent, appearing as pink rose petals falling around her. She pulls out two wooden sai that she had been very conveniently carrying around with her. But she actually decides to put them back for now, as she doesn't feel she needs weapons yet, and preffering to stick to Hakuda at the moment.
    Ready?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

It was on the way to the 4th division that Kazuma ran into Kyasarin and Hideuchi. At first, he simply gazed their way from a distance. Then, as their conversation seemed to get Hideuchi more and more flustered, he decided to halt and watch a little. Just because he couldn't tell what it was about didn't mean he couldn't find something interesting about the complex social interactions that took place in Seireitei, after all.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi

Taiki was late. Very late. Much later than he had ever been to anything. Ever. However, Taiki did have one advantage over the normal latecomer; he had about a minute to ready himself while he traveled to the Captain's Meeting already in progress.

Man, unbelievable. I wake up an hour early and I still miss the meeting for paperwork. Alright. I suppose today is a bad day to enter with my normal manner. I suppose I'll have to take it slowly. I just don't quite feel it.

Taiki lands on the platform before the Captain's chamber with a silent patter and comes to a stop in front of the door. For a second, he calms himself, closing his eyes and putting his mind in focus. Once he opens his eyes, he is ready.

The door opens. Taiki Takahashi, in his Captain's attire, stands in the doorway, as if he had arrived on time.

"My apologizes, Tsukada-taichou. I was held up slightly." Stepping into the room, Taiki looks around at each of the faces before him, scanning each in a second before meeting eyes with Natsuko and smiling for a second. He then strides to the nearest chair and takes a seat. "Simply have to record the recent prison riot. Quite a bit more paperwork than I expected."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles warmly at her husband, and offers him the seat next to her, if it's free.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi nods to Taiki. "Not at all, Taiki-san." Frowning slightly, he nods in response to the lack of information on Kujo. "Very well; unfortunate, but all we can do is keep up our search. Any last matters of business?" He eyes Natsuko with a renewed smile.

"Like... how long it will be until our 13th Division Captain delivers? You are, of course, allowed leave for as long as you need."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

"About a month, if Udeyoshi is right. I intend to take the week before it's due off, just in case it decides to prove our 4th Division Captain wrong. Afterwards... we'll see. Probably a couple of weeks afterwards off before I go back to work, depending on doctor's advice."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-13 at 11:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi

Taiki takes a seat next to Natsuko. Leaning over, he whispers "What did I miss?" while Ryouichi continues.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well..."

Natsuko proceeds to give a summary.

I canne be bothered to type one up.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Soul Society

Osamu

The old captain waved the sake by without a second thought, he was here on business after all and a muddled head would only distract him from the business at hand.

"Commander Ryouichi, I'm certain everyone is worried about Natsuko-taichou's condition...but is an official meeting really the place to bring it up?" Osamu says with a long drawn out sigh, tapping his sword against the ground to make a loud rapping noise, "Perhaps we would be better served to actually stick to matters that deserve our attention as a whole?"

What deserved attention as a whole might be up for interpretation, but at least the old man's could be seen.

"Masaru-taichou, in regards to your request. I've considered the matter and have composed several manuals for your people to study on 5th Division procedures, or at least the ones relevant to your needs." he says gravely, "But I cannot allow such a personal examination, I have a few...tricks to my trade that I prefer to remain as such. For the sake of our enemies, you understand the need for secrecy of course."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru frowned. Deeply.

"Just as reading manuals on sword skill is not enough to make you a sword master, reading manuals on how your Division goes about its business is no replacement for live training with live people.

I'm not asking you to reveal the tricks of the trade. Simply to let our people practice working together a bit. Such cooperation would be critical in any number of battle scenarios. Reading books is no substitute.

I will, of course, ultimately respect your decision.

But I resent the implication that my proposed activity will somehow compromise your Division, or Soul Society, to our enemies somehow. I'm not sure if you're accusing my Division of being enemies, of my Division being incapable of keeping secrets, or what.
    "
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi eyes Osamu. "Ah, but isn't the well being of one of our fellow Captains worthy of all of our attention?"

"I understand your concern, Osamu-san, but no need to be so uptight with each other."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-14 at 12:39 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi

"Perhaps. But I'm not sure we needed to call a Captain's meeting to discuss my wife's health. If that is the only remaining discussion, perhaps we should end the meeting and simply speak as friends."

"Which reminds me..." Taiki pulls a small stack of papers from inside his haori and hands them to Masaru. "I forgot whether I gave this to you or not. The SPOR, I believe?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Ude peeks his head up and nods emphatically.

"Indeed Osamu, be less uptight. Especially with the keys to your Sake Cabinet!"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Osamu

"I have full confidence in Udeyoshi-taichou's capabilities Commander Ryouichi. If there had been complications with Natsuko-taichou's health then I'm certain he would have alerted us before now, as is his duty. As he as not I can only assume she is in good health." the old shinigami says simply enough, his tone much like that of a mentor explaining the interior workings of some subject one too many times. "Just as I have every confidence my sake cabinet shall remain locked."

Isn't protocol valued anymore? These kids...I should more to have protocol reinstated as a course in the Academy...

"There is nothing to resent Masaru-taichou, but an old man like me has seen far too many accidental slip-ups of information to be anything but tight-grasped when it comes to information. My paranioa is my own and 'two people can only keep a secret if one is dead' has been proven far too often for my comfort." he says simply, turning his stern gaze on Masaru but it was more approving then displeased, "And I'll look over your request again but...in the mean time, I would suggest studying those manuals. If nothing else your people will have gotten a head-start on their education because I've been very thorough in my detail."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-06-14 at 01:05 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow, Osamu has full confidence in me? That's news to me."

Ude nodded, ignoring the part about his Sake Cabinet.

"I'll have to tell that to some of the girls in the 5th division. They seem to not trust me for some reason, but if their Captain has confidence in me..."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko facepalms in response to Udeyoshi's comment.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki chuckles slightly at Udeyoshi, and once again when his wife facepalms. "Sometimes I forget why I enjoy these meetings..."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

"We should turn it into a comedy routine sometime."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki smiles at Natsuko. "I'd certainly hire them."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

She chuckles. "So would I."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi chuckles a bit, himself. "Very well, Captain Osamu. Barring any further discussion... meeting adjourned." The Commander stands, bowing slightly.

"If any of you have anything to speak with me with, my door is always open." With that, he exits the conference hall, and heads into his office.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-14 at 01:26 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Osamu

Osamu's voice and body posture drops by several degrees at those words, lips set in a hard line as he replied.

"Allow me to clarify, I have full confidence in your medical expertise. I fear I may have to stand by the decision of any of my subordinates when it comes to romantic involvement with someone of your...unique personality-type." He says, trying to phrase it delicately in such a way that Udeyoshi wouldn't find it offensive. Or at least not very offensive.

"A love struck shinigami is a distracted one after all."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Firbolg in the Playground

Takeshi watchs the meeting silently, taking another bow.

"An...intersting experiance I must say. It is a pleasure to meet you all, and to see some familiar faces. A good evening to you all. May your cups be filled to over flowing."

He takes another bow, trying to slide through the doors and out into the night air.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles at Taiki as the meeting is adjourned, and looks at the clock. "I had arranged my day so that this was the last thing on my agenda... is there anything left for you to do at the Division?"

{{Assuming it's evening... but it could be morning, in which case, tell me and I'll change this. }}

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

The meeting finished, Taiki stands and holds a hand out for Natsuko. "Sorry for not meeting you this morning. I had some issues with paperwork that apparently had to be done by the Captain."

"Fortunately, the remainder of my day is free." He smiles. "Perhaps we should find something to do."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-06-14 at 01:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's all right. My day was mostly slow. We're doing a review of the zones tomorrow, though, and that should be a pretty full day."

She smiles as she takes his hand. "I agree... go out somewhere, maybe?"
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-14 at 01:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Ude shakes his head sorrowfully.

"Thats just so confusing. I'll just keep it simple. That way I won't forget it, or mess it up. Osamu has full confidence in me."

Ude nodded. That sounded good indeed.

"And come on, you don't want to see one of your lovely grand daughters involved with a Captain of the Gotei 13? You had plenty of time, it is time to pass the torch in that regards."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki becomes thoughtful. "Hmm. Perhaps I should meet with my friend tomorrow then. I'm sure he misses me."

His face shifts quickly back to happiness, however. "Oh, I wouldn't have it any other way. Shall we go now, or would you like to freshen up a bit?"