New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[Emi's House]

"You too!"
    Emi manages cheerfully. Now that was okay. Good to end on a more certain note, though she wished it had been for the entire time.

After saving her calendar, Emi heads back to her metronome and piano, and begins practicing again. Time to see if should stretch her hands enough to get some of these ridiculous chords...

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Streets]

As Silva makes her way back to her apartment, she starts planning out the things she has to do within the next week.

First, she needed some kind of job. She only had so much cash left, and the apartment wasn't going to pay its own rent.

Then, she needed to learn what was where around here. She knew she'd be here long enough to need that knowledge.

At this point, an engine roars behind her. She turns her head in time to catch a motorcycle fly by. Looked like there was an unconscious person on it.

She shakes her head a little and goes back to her train of thought.

Which she kind of lost.

The graveyard...a lot of energy...the kind you like...

Silva lets out a sigh. Medric, I just took a spirit in that alley back there. I'm good for now.

She's just about reached her building now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora looked at the janitor, and shuffled nervously.

"Errr... I don't think that would be a good idea. That chain is a pretty useful thing, and I don't think that Principal Lucaster would appreciate having a ghost clean."
    [Cemetery]

"Fiddlesticks! Who's gonna rake da yards? Clean da toilets? Change da litebulbs? No-un, Ah tell ya! Ye gotta help me 'ere, kiddo!"

It's obvious the dead janitor is not happy about his unintended retirement. Clearly, he would've gladly served the school for another 45 years. Still, one has to wonder: aren't there any more dignified reasons to get hung up with one's mortal life to stay behind as a wraith?

"Soooo... aboot da chain", Souta says, with a sorry grin on his ethereal face. "Ye'll do it, wontcha?"

[Some time later, in Phoenix Town hospital... well, one of them]

The sickly woman from the alley is lying on hospital bed, reading a newspaper she's requested. Clean clothes, fresh bandages and a refill to her dwindling blood supply have made her feel rather comfortable. The staff deemed the wound in her chest to be a shrapnel wound - naturally, they were rather baffled by the both the lack of any shrapnel and an exit wound. The woman knows there'll be some awkward questions asked later, but she isn't feeling overly worried about them.

I guess they'll let me out soon, she muses, browsing through recent obituaries. Maybe not today, but in a few days, sure. if they don't, I can always take a little stroll when I 'sleep'. After deeming there's nothing interesting in the paper anymore, she folds it neatly and lowers it on her lap.

I hope that amusing police man comes to visit. I just have to see the look on his face after all I have to tell him... maybe I can pester him to help me find those kids again? That'd be a major boon, the woman thinks sleepily, putting her hands behind her head and closing her eyes. Then her eyes shoot open and her face turns sour as she remembers something.

Oh yes, I have to cancel my reservation from that hotel. And call my new employer I can't get there after all tomorrow morning. I'm sure they'll understand - they'll find this absolutely frickin' hilarious. Or not.
    The woman spends the next few minutes bitterly pondering about all the possible ways how this little incident can potentially ruin her budding new career path. %&#@€&!!!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria

"Hmmm... Well, I'd say come at noon or so." Valeria puts a finger on her lip. "That about right?" She idly types out another text to send to her mom.

Spoiler
    Show
    got sum caterers frm the cafe, ok?
    Claudia had completed her post-exercise shower, and slipped into her robe and cross necklace, when the text arrived. She stopped toweling her hair off for a moment to grab her buzzing cell phone. She read it quickly, smiled briefly, then nodded and sent a reply.

Spoiler
    Show
    kk, Vally. =) When did u arrange 4 them 2 come over? Need 2 know 4 when 2 give u ur tests.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria [Home]

"Anything else?" Valeria brings up her mother's text, and instantly works on a response.

Spoiler
    Show
    saturday @ noon, gives us a few days :)

Hibiki [School]
    Hibiki blinks. "Oh, I see you decided to watch. So, back to showing me around?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-17 at 10:54 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: RebornČ characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Hibiki blinks. "Oh, I see you decided to watch. So, back to showing me around?"
    "I have to know what students and teachers are capable of."

Reene jumps down from the stands, taking a moment to straighten her suit and then going towards the door. Where she stops to beckon the two over.

"Gentlemen?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia was holding her cell phone in her robe's pocket by now, so the final approval was a little quicker than her previous text, though not by much. Even now, Claudia doesn't quite have the second-nature grasp of the process that even Val has.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds good! Have a good night, honey. =) XOXO

With that, she heads to her bedroom, clutches her cross, and begins her nightly prayers.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Cemetery]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Fiddlesticks! Who's gonna rake da yards? Clean da toilets? Change da litebulbs? No-un, Ah tell ya! Ye gotta help me 'ere, kiddo!"

It's obvious the dead janitor is not happy about his unintended retirement. Clearly, he would've gladly served the school for another 45 years. Still, one has to wonder: aren't there any more dignified reasons to get hung up with one's mortal life to stay behind as a wraith?

"Soooo... aboot da chain", Souta says, with a sorry grin on his ethereal face. "Ye'll do it, wontcha?"
    Sora sighed again, realizing that the Janitor wouldn't give up on that. He was beginning to question the man's ability to think, but then his eyes lit up.

"While I can't remove the chain, I can probably show you how to force the chain to move over to the school... But you have to remember not to fiddle with the chain. although I have to wonder why you'd want to spend your eternal life cleaning up after a bunch of teenagers..."

Sora's dark red eyes have a slight twinkle in them, almost as if he's strangely happy for reasons unknown.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-06-17 at 01:36 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hospital

Aki followed the Ambulance to the Hospital. Of course, it outdistanced her, but he knew where it was going, so that was no real obstacle. Her feet carried her there quickly, and she slid up to the doorway, catching he breath.

Keep it under control...

Aki lied her way past the Receptionist, claiming that Elder was her Aunt. She quickly moved through the Hospital, keeping the Silver Tube in her hands. She didn't know who the woman was... or what she was, which was the more concerning part. Aki opened the door, shutting it behind her. Elder would probably be able to notice that the tiny 16 year old was gathering Reishi somehow. Aki would not be caught unprepared.

"I think you and I should have a talk."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

[Cemetery]

Souta hears what Sora's muttering under his breath. "Ah, but ye see, Ah am a ghost. Sumtin' like dat, anyways. So Ah figur'd, there's sumtin' Ah 've left undone, ye know? So Ah've ta get back ta th' school, ye hear? Cannae rest in pieces if Ah am stuck 'ere." The old man gives Sora a hopeful grin. "Can ya at least dig da chain up? It's kinda stuck."

[Hospital]

Elder, in glorious pink pajamas supplied by the hospital, turns her head to look at Aki. She blinks in utter befuddlement. "Who on earth might you be?", she asks, mildly interested. "Are you sure you have the right room?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hospital

Aki looked at and smiled.

"My name isn't the matter at hand, nor is yours. I am much more curious about 'what' you are then who."

Aki looked straight at the woman, waiting for a response. Her hand gripped the Silver Tube as she waited to see what would happen.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hospital]

Elder blinks again and drags herself to a sitting position. She gives a curious look to Aki's closed hand, then shifts her dark eyes to meet the girl's firm gaze. "Oh? You know, I have exactly the opposite opinion. I feel you have a good enough guess of what I am, and I know full well what you are. No need to talk about that, someone might think us crazy", she chuckles. She then lowers herself back down and throws hands behind her head again. Staring to the roof, she continues: "I'd rather talk about the weather, or maybe where I can find a good cafeteria here once I get out. But if you're not interested in idle chatter, then I just ask you to think about what you're doing for a moment, and maybe fetch me a glass of water."

The woman lies still for a second, closing her eyes and smiling smugly, but then an idea strikes her and she drags herself back up. "Say, do you have a phone? There's a few places where I need to call. Do they allow those here or...?"

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Cemetery]

Souta hears what Sora's muttering under his breath. "Ah, but ye see, Ah am a ghost. Sumtin' like dat, anyways. So Ah figur'd, there's sumtin' Ah 've left undone, ye know? So Ah've ta get back ta th' school, ye hear? Cannae rest in pieces if Ah am stuck 'ere." The old man gives Sora a hopeful grin. "Can ya at least dig da chain up? It's kinda stuck."
    Sora [Cemetery]

"I really don't think you understand what happened. While you're dead, you're perfectly fine. And why would you want to go back to the school? Why not go back to your family instead, considering that they probably would prefer closure rather than the school. Especially considering we have a new janitor now..." Sora looks up at Souta, and feels a slight crack in his heart. Souta's hopeful expression, and his casual demeanor, were really getting to him.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cemetery]

Watching?

Oh no, never. Spying on people just isn't polite now, is it? Roy wouldn't ever do such a thing... overtly. By this time he's risen to his feet, having laid a single flower atop the grave. Have to keep the act convincing enough after all. The puppet begins to stroll now, pausing now and again to read a headstone. Or at least so it appears.

The presence that motivates the doll, however, is quite focused on the nearby exchange.

A ghost so bound... usually only a matter of time before it becomes a Hollow. And it's certainly in The Coat Man's interest to keep tabs on as many such spirits as he can find. Perhaps a conversation will be in order once the youth departs...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hospital

Aki looked at her not moving a muscle. Doing what, well, Hollow's asked you to was a good way to end up in trouble.

"I highly doubt a cafeteria is high on your list of priorities, especially given what you eat. I'm not going to let you do it."

Aki smiled, still gripping the Ginto. She was pretty sure the Hollow was bluffing. She'd never heard of a Hollow who knew what the Quincy were.

---

Aki's Grandpa - Val's House

An elderly gentleman, clothed in fine, if rather out of fashion, walked up to Val's house with the help of his cane, and knocked at the door easily. He'd greeted everyone of his neighbors for longer then most of people on this block had been alive, and he'd continue to do so!
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-17 at 04:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia winced at the sound of a neighbor, finished her last prayer, and slipped quickly into the best robe she had at hand.

Now, she climbs up the steps to the main level of the house, tying it as she moves, and heads to the front door. She looks out of a window to see who it is, then opens the door, doing her best to remember general Japanese hostess etiquette.

"Um, good evening, Ojii-san. What may I do for you?"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

The Old man bowed to her congenially, and smiled.

"Good evening, Miss. My property abuts yours, and I make a habit of introducing myself to all of my neighbors. I am Hisamori Daichi."

He held out a small basket of Plums that he had been carrying for Claudia to take. The Trees covered a small portion of his estate, a gift from his father. Every Hisamori learned to hate the trees, as Daichi required every last Plum to be picked, and preserved.

"If you would like, feel free to take these. I'm afraid my father planted a number of Plum Trees in past, and every year now I have more then I can manage to eat."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-17 at 04:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    The Old man bowed to her congenially, and smiled.

"Good evening, Miss. My property abuts yours, and I make a habit of introducing myself to all of my neighbors. I am Hisamori Daichi."

He held out a small basket of Plums that he had been carrying for Claudia to take. The Trees covered a small portion of his estate, a gift from his father. Every Hisamori learned to hate the trees, as Daichi required every last Plum to be picked, and preserved.

"If you would like, feel free to take these. I'm afraid my father planted a number of Plum Trees in past, and every year now I have more then I can manage to eat."
    Claudia returns the bow politely. When he offers the plums, though, her eyes widen momentarily. She hesitates for a moment, then stretches out a hand to take the basket, and maneuvers around the door to offer him a chance to walk in.

"Oh... thank you very much, Mr. Hisamori. My name is Claudia Abel. Would you like to join me for a cup of tea? We don't have everything in place at the moment, but you're welcome to make yourself at home..."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Daichi nods at Claudia, and smiles gratefully.

"That would be very much appreciated, Ms. Abel. I don't want to intrude, but a cup of tea sounds lovely."

Daichi steps into the house, and waits to be lead where he should sit down, the old man resting on his cane as he looked about.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Alley

Henry sighed as the woman left. Several minutes later, he gave the barrier an experimental whack and was quite surprised when it cracked. Amassing all of his strength, he shattered it with on- No, actually it was about ten blows. Henry isn't superhumanly strong, after all.

Taking yet another breather, he headed back to his car and reported that the situation had been resolved to the best of his ability. It hadn't, but who the hell would beleve UNBREAKABLE PINK BOXES FROM HELL?

With yet another sigh, Henry heads off to the hospital, attempting to think of some questions. Something like, "Why do you emit raw fear?" and, "You have a HOLE in your CHEST. Why are you behaving relatively normally!?" On second thoughts, scratch that. If she really was responsible for the explosions, he'd accomplish absolutely nothing but going "splotch." No, better to ask her standard questions, not raise suspicion, that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-06-17 at 05:12 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia bites her tongue at the reference to her as 'Ms. Abel.'

Still unsure on the protocol here, she walks slowly into her dining room, where she gestures politely for Daichi to take a seat at the head of a mahogany table, directly in front of, and facing away from, a window with a rather nice view of the city.

She then slips into the kitchen, where she sets down the plum basket on her countertop, then opens up a box of cookware, eventually finding a pot, filling it with water, and setting it on the stove to boil. She then continues searching, and finds a box of Earl Grey tea. Setting it aside for when the temperature is right for it to steep, she then heads back to sit adjacent to him.

"I'm very sorry for the wait, Mr. Hisamori. So... how has your day been so far?"

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Cemetery]

Spoiler
    Show
    "I really don't think you understand what happened. While you're dead, you're perfectly fine. And why would you want to go back to the school? Why not go back to your family instead, considering that they probably would prefer closure rather than the school. Especially considering we have a new janitor now..." Sora looks up at Souta, and feels a slight crack in his heart. Souta's hopeful expression, and his casual demeanor, were really getting to him.
    Souta scratches hs chin and looks away for a moment. "Aye. Mehbe Ah should visit mah boy. See how's 'e's doin', mehbe scare da wit outta 'im... eheheh..."

The old ghost... well, new ghost of an old man, tilts his head from side to side and rubs his nose, contemplating Sora's words. Then he turns back to the boy, grinning again. "Mebbe Ah'll do dat. But Ah still 'ave ta get dis thingie unstuck." He rattles his chain for emphasis, really old-school ghost style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Hospital
    Spoiler
    Show

Aki looked at her not moving a muscle. Doing what, well, Hollow's asked you to was a good way to end up in trouble.

"I highly doubt a cafeteria is high on your list of priorities, especially given what you eat. I'm not going to let you do it."

Aki smiled, still gripping the Ginto. She was pretty sure the Hollow was bluffing. She'd never heard of a Hollow who knew what the Quincy were
    Elder snorts and crosses her arms. "What do you think this body runs on, morning dew and fresh air? I have to eat just like you! And right now, I'm dying to get a good cup of coffee!" She tilts her head to the side and pouts. "...expect, they said I shouldn't have any. Something about blood pressure. Impudent fools..."

She turns to look back at Aki, frowning. "Okay, lets get this out of the to-do list: you obviously think I caused that alley go all 'splodey. Well, if it was so, and it wasn't, then I could make you go 'splodey as well. And you came here with bright eyes, in clear view, thinking one Ginto capsule would be enough against someone who made a building collapse, which I didn't do."

Elder stares at Aki intently, looking very disappointed. The young Quincy might still feel like she'd better be somewhere else, but barring that, Elder looks anything but threatening - for that moment, she's just an injured, tired and very insulted middle-aged woman. In pink pajamas.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Daichi - Val's House

Daichi takes the seat at her askance, leaning the cane beside the chair. He watches her work, smiling congenially, shaking his head at her apology.

"No apologies necessary. I arrived without any warning."

He thought for a moment before answer her question.

"And my days has been quite good. Retirement is treating me well, even if I wish my children and grandchildren would come to visit me a bit more often. How is the process of moving coming?"

---

Aki - Hospital

Aki was a bit suprised at the Hollow's words. Evidently, it did know what Quincy were. Concerning. She would have to inform her parents about that.

"Perhaps I have confidence in my abilities. Or perhaps, I have a very different plan from what you might be imagining. Either way, unles you wish to test me, it doesn't matter."

Aki continued to look at her.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave that woman's body."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-17 at 05:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Cemitery

A small, strange thing not unlike a hollowed mix of a dog and a lobster approaches Roy's doll. Chittering in a low tone.

And a similar thing appears by Sora and Souta. Chittering in a low tone.

Donovan [Phone with Valeria]

"No, no, that will be all. Thanks for choosing our service and have a good day."

Donovan waits for Valeria to end the call.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-17 at 06:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria [Home]

"Thank you!" Valeria hangs up, then pulls out the remainder of her homework.

Hibiki [School]

Hibiki nods, following Reene. "Makes sense. So, I'm teaching first year, yes?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: RebornČ characters!
    Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Ava stared at Donovan, curious as to the content of the Phone Call.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eirene looks at Donovan as well, cleaning one of the tables. "So what's happening? We doing another gig?" Eirene asks, considering catering as a "gig."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Donovan, Venti Buon

Donovan looks at Ava and Eirine.

"Ah. We got a catering service for next Saturday Ava, Eirine, go tell Rosa and then the three of you should start preparing, it is a pool party."

---

Reene, School

Reene accompanies Hibiki through the floors.

"That is correct professor Hibiki. I will take you to the classroom so you can familiarize yourself with it."
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-17 at 06:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Ava nodded. It didn't really matter to her, of course, but still. Ava reached into her bag, and began pulling out swimsuits of all colors and vareities. This was what she considered preparing.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-17 at 06:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hospital]

Elder blinks. Again. Then she falls to her bed, laughing wildy. "Ahaha... heh heh... oh oh... my, you really made my, young lady", she utters when she finally manages to stop... only to burst back into laughter just after.

"Ehheh... uhhuh... you're making my stomach hurt. I swear, this feels worse than the wound in my chest!"
    , she cackles, bringing both of her hands to her lap as she sits up again, to keep herself from doubling over. She gives Aki a knowing smile. "Hun, have you ever been near to a Hollow? A really, really strong one? Do you know how it feels when you stand near them? Have you seen flowers wilt in their wake?"

"This is a hospital. It's filled to the brim with sick people, old people, injured people. People who have one foot in the grave, just waiting for something to give them a final push. And you're asking me to just step out?" She adopts a face of mock seriousness. "Really, young lady, have you no heart?"