New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Daichi - Val's House

Daichi takes the seat at her askance, leaning the cane beside the chair. He watches her work, smiling congenially, shaking his head at her apology.

"No apologies necessary. I arrived without any warning."

He thought for a moment before answer her question.

"And my days has been quite good. Retirement is treating me well, even if I wish my children and grandchildren would come to visit me a bit more often. How is the process of moving coming?"
    Claudia nods politely at Daichi's reply, but smiles a bit awkwardly at his question. She raises her hand to rub the back of her head absent-mindedly, catches herself, and instead gestures to a fair number of boxes still unopened.

"Well, we have a little more work left to do, there, but everything's moved in and at least in the right room, and at least the essentials are already unpacked. It might have been a bit quicker if Val had stuck around, but she skipped out to a cafe that she saw on the drive here."

She smiles briefly at the recollection.

"She so anxious to start meeting people! When she got home, she was all smiles, and couldn't stop talking about the friends she'd already made. This move has been..."

In the middle of her reverie, a soft whistle starts up behind her, breaking her out of her chain of thoughts.

"Oh... I'm sorry, Mr. Hisamori. Tea should be ready in just a moment."

She slips into the kitchen, returning in a moment with a pair of delicate cups on saucers. High culture for the Carpathians, but perhaps a bit more notable for their foreignness in Japan.

"I'm sorry, I do sometimes ramble a bit. I hope the tea is to your liking..."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-17 at 06:32 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Souta scratches hs chin and looks away for a moment. "Aye. Mehbe Ah should visit mah boy. See how's 'e's doin', mehbe scare da wit outta 'im... eheheh..."

The old ghost... well, new ghost of an old man, tilts his head from side to side and rubs his nose, contemplating Sora's words. Then he turns back to the boy, grinning again. "Mebbe Ah'll do dat. But Ah still 'ave ta get dis thingie unstuck." He rattles his chain for emphasis, really old-school ghost style.
    Sora sighed again, and looked at Souta, his heart breaking.

"I...I can't. I can't let you go, because something terrible might happen. Just wait for them to come, and they'll take you to a better place..."

You could hear the spite in his voice at 'them'. It was as if he had a personal hatred of 'them', and wanted to destroy all of 'them'. He then proceeded out of the cemetery, looking back at the poor Janitor one last time, before leaving.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

[Cemetery]

"Hoi. Hoi! Ye cannae just leave me 'ere!"
    , Souta shouts after Sora. "Cannay do what ye said if sa chain's still stuck. *** bac- huh?" At this point, the janitor notices the ugly dog-lobster thing. He shivers.

"Hoi! Lad! There's a really nasty bug 'ere! Come'n'see!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora [Cemetery]

Sora hears the mention of the bug, and stops suddenly, turns around and runs back in, his eyes a pure black.

"Where exactly? That's probably not a normal bug..."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Cemitery

The low chitters of seven more shrimp suddenly become audible behind Souta.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hopsital

Aki watches her laugh carefully, her face betraying neither annoyance, or anger. She would not let a Hollow control her. She would exterminate the foul creature.

"I've killed many of your kind, and know more then you might think. If you are weak enough to hide away in a Human's body, I'm willing to bet I can take you down before you harm them."

Aki unfurled her Quincy cloak, fastening it around her, along with her pouches of Ginto and her faux Scheele Schneiders.

"And given the choice of a quiet death, or having their souls devoured. I'm pretty sure they would take the former."

---

Daichi - Val's House

Daichi listened to Claudia, shaking his head as she apologized.

"I've been a parent too, and now I'm a grandparent. I can talk about them for hours. How old is Val?"

Daichi picked up the Tea, and sipped it.

"It is good. European Mix, I believe."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-17 at 07:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

[Cemetery]

"Errr..." Souta turns to face the shrimps and starts backing away, as far as his chain will allow. "Ain't ye ugly sonuvabitches", he says to the creatures. He'll kick the first one to come any closer.

[Hospital]

Elder shakes her head at Aki's words, giving her a sad look as she puts her Quincy uniform on. "Please. You've got it the wrong way girl - if I was so weak as to consider you a threat, I would have slain you the moment you came here. The fact that I haven't done so means I consider myself strong enough not to kill you", Elder says. "Besides, you clearly aren't thinking this through. You said who I am doesn't matter... but did you consider how long I've been in this body, hmmm? Do you think there's anyone else in here?"

"You're in a public building. Police are on their way here. There could be someone there in the hallway, hearing this discussion even now. What do you think will happen to you if you attack me now? How will it look to them?"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hospital

Aki looked at the Woman, and shrugged.

"Alright, so how long have you occupied that body, if I might ask?"

Aki wasn't going to be pushed away from what she had to do. She was going to be ready if this woman decided to stop bragging.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hospital]

"I've been in this body for 37 years. This is how my parents remember me, my friends remember me... the whole world remembers me", Elder replies calmly. "You aren't fighting an enemy only you can see in the middle of the night here, young lady. You are committing murder of one Õta Yui, a shunned yet respected member of the community. Do you still think what you're doing is a wise idea?"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hopsital

Aki watches her laugh carefully, her face betraying neither annoyance, or anger. She would not let a Hollow control her. She would exterminate the foul creature.

"I've killed many of your kind, and know more then you might think. If you are weak enough to hide away in a Human's body, I'm willing to bet I can take you down before you harm them."

Aki unfurled her Quincy cloak, fastening it around her, along with her pouches of Ginto and her faux Scheele Schneiders.

"And given the choice of a quiet death, or having their souls devoured. I'm pretty sure they would take the former."

---

Daichi - Val's House

Daichi listened to Claudia, shaking his head as she apologized.

"I've been a parent too, and now I'm a grandparent. I can talk about them for hours. How old is Val?"

Daichi picked up the Tea, and sipped it.

"It is good. European Mix, I believe."
    Claudia smiles, and takes a small sip of her own cup.

"Thank you. It's one of many European mixes, yes.

Val's 16. I'm not sure she's as socialized as you'd expect of a child at that age, though. We've... had to shelter her a bit. That's why she's so eager to meet children she'll be going to school with. ...Now I'm starting to ramble again. How are your grandchildren doing?"
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-17 at 07:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Rosa recieves the news of the Saturday event, and starts preparing whatever is necessary for the services. When she is able to talk to Donovan, she asks him something. "Excuse me sir. I'm afraid in the bustle of the day, I may not have caught your names. You are Donovan, right?"

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hospital

Aki looked at, unbothered.

"How many have you killed in that time? Other then this poor woman?"

She felt no need to answer the woman's questions. She'd get the information she wanted, even if she knew it was probably all lies.

---

Daichi - Val's House

Daichi waved her off again.

"It is fine. Well, there are a number of them. Most are in college now, or something. One of them is 16 though... Aki. Where is Val going to high school?"
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-17 at 07:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

"Ah yes, I am Donovan Bonaventura, the onwer, these are Eirine Klossner, her sister manages a shop not far from here, and this is Ava Jager... She doesn't technicaly work here."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki - Hospital

Aki looked at, unbothered.

"How many have you killed in that time? Other then this poor woman?"

She felt no need to answer the woman's questions. She'd get the information she wanted, even if she knew it was probably all lies.

---

Daichi - Val's House

Daichi waved her off again.

"It is fine. Well, there are a number of them. Most are in college now, or something. One of them is 16 though... Aki. Where is Val going to high school?"

"Well, just the public school in town here, Fusichou Town High. It might be a bit of a shock, after her upbringing, but I think I've prepared her fairly well,"
    Claudia replies, allowing herself a brief proud moment. She then takes another sip of tea and asks,

"So, is Aki going to the same facility?"
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-17 at 08:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hospital]

"Oh, I believe that very much depends your definition of 'alive'. But I don't think it matters what I say to you anymore. Your resistance to logical thinking is at least as great as your determination to kill me."

Elder closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, as if suddenly feeling the need to rest... and the promptly begins screaming from the top of her lungs. "HEEEEEELP!"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-17 at 08:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Ava - Venti Buon

Ava bowed at her introduction.

---

Aki - Hopsital

Aki's movement was instantaneous. She didn't want to involve any normal mortals in this... nor be arrested. Her hand flew to the door, and she called out...

“The blade shall never break the shield- Faith’s Protection.”

The barrier sprung up right behind the door, Aki turning and smiling at her.

"I'll see you again soon. I might bring some friends as well."

Aki didn't fight for the sake of honor. She fought to win. With that, she opened the window and stepped out in, dropping one of her barriers beneath her. She'd destroy the threat that hollow represented.

---

Daichi - Val's House

Daichi smiled, and nodded.

"Yes, Aki does attend there. Perhaps I should introduce her to Val. Her parents think she needs more friends."

The old man nods, and takes a sip of Tea.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hospital]

Elder watches with mild curiosity amidst screaming as Aki makes her great escape. You do that, girl, you do that. She stops shouting as the Quincy falls away, turning her attention towards the door. Baffled exchange can be barely heard from behind it something about the keys not fitting. Elder feels a bit sorry for the poor hospital crew.

Then, a thought crosses her mind and she jumps from bed, tip-toeing to the window. Sure enough, it is facing the parking lot. At a quick glance, she can spot at least two people who are giving bewildered looks at her direction. Oh, for the love of... at this rate, I might as well skip tomorrows paper, Elder thinks glumly. It won't have anything I won't already know in the headlines.

Wonder if those Ginto capsules are real silver. They'd make magnificent earrings...

It takes a long while before a nurse, accompanied by the hospital janitor, get through the doorway. Elder turns at them, feigning shock. "Did you see that? There was a girl... she jumped right through the window! I can't believe my eyes..."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

(Didn't notice the cemetery part)

Cemetery

The shrimp is kicked away, but gets back up.

Seven shrimp leap on Souta, while the last one jumps straight for the chain binding him to the ground, and at the same time, a slim rift opens in the air.

"His and Her highness... Have plans for you. Souta."

Spoiler
    Show
    Disclaimer: Only Souta gets to hear that. No, no exceptions, not even for you.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-17 at 09:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #319
    Halfling in the Playground

[Hospital]

Beck had wormed some valuable information out of police officers and camera crews stationed near the scene of the explosion. She had feigned concern for a patient and made her excuse to go to the hospital to further gather intel. She doubted that this was just a freak accident. There had to have been a hollow involved. Nearing the hospital, she heard a scream, and broke into a run. A little while later, from a distance, she saw what looked like a girl around her age jumping out of a window. Beck stared and sprinted for the girl. H-hey! I just saw you jump out of the window...what's going on up there? She asked, rather bewildered. She fingered her quincy cross nervously, prepared to draw her bow at the slightest notice.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki looked at the Girl, tssked, and took off at a run along the ground, having no interest in speaking to her. She needed to talk to her parents about this Hollow.

Grandpa Daichi is probably going to want to yell at me as well.."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Rosa bows to each one of them consecutively, bowing especially low to Donovan. "It is very nice meeting all of you."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Ava - Venti Buon

Ava bowed at her introduction.

---

Aki - Hopsital

Aki's movement was instantaneous. She didn't want to involve any normal mortals in this... nor be arrested. Her hand flew to the door, and she called out...

“The blade shall never break the shield- Faith’s Protection.”

The barrier sprung up right behind the door, Aki turning and smiling at her.

"I'll see you again soon. I might bring some friends as well."

Aki didn't fight for the sake of honor. She fought to win. With that, she opened the window and stepped out in, dropping one of her barriers beneath her. She'd destroy the threat that hollow represented.

---

Daichi - Val's House

Daichi smiled, and nodded.

"Yes, Aki does attend there. Perhaps I should introduce her to Val. Her parents think she needs more friends."

The old man nods, and takes a sip of Tea.
    Claudia smiled a bit slyly, and set her teacup down for the moment.

"Well, I think Val would love another friend. Maybe we could introduce them at her party this Saturday! I agreed to let her have one so long as she completes her studies, and I'm sure that she'll manage it."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cemetery]

Chittering.

The source of said chittering is regarded from behind those dark sun glasses, the strength of the critter quickly assessed. Not a threat in the least. So long as there aren't too many more of them. And given that no fewer than seven others have made an appearance...

There are probably multitudes more in the waiting.

"Well... I see the servant," the Coat Man comments in a rather flat tone. "But where could the master be? Good heavens such a fuss over one spirit."

Unless the dogster decides to leap on him the Coat Man is already making haste toward the poor ghost that's busy getting tackled, hand dipping into his coat for a weapon no doubt.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck shrugged and went inside the hospital. What a weird girl. Hope she's not in my class...she pictured in her head the exact room that the girl had jumped out of, and after a bit of searching, found what she thought would be the room belonging to that window. Clenching her hand around the quincy cross, she knocked tentatively on the door...
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Cemetery

Seven other Shrimps leap from behind the gravestones at the Coat Man, while the one that was already close to him leaps at him as well.

Eight shrimp on the Coat Man, eight on Souta.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #326
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Rosa bows to each one of them consecutively, bowing especially low to Donovan. "It is very nice meeting all of you."
    Eirene Klossner

Eirene smiled at Rosa. "The pleasure's all ours." She said cheerfully as she took off her apron. This girl seemed to always be happy, unnaturally so. It went beyond the standard courtesy of waitresses. "How would you like to go out for a drink after we close up shop? My treat."

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia smiled a bit slyly, and set her teacup down for the moment.

"Well, I think Val would love another friend. Maybe we could introduce them at her party this Saturday! I agreed to let her have one so long as she completes her studies, and I'm sure that she'll manage it."
    Daichi nodded.

"I will certainly tell her about it. Aki's a good girl, even if she can be a bit singleminded at times."]

28. - Top - End - #328
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cemetery]

It's probably about this point that someone yells 'Zerg rush!' before cackling in a rather insane fashion. Or at least that's probably what Rebo would do.

*ahem*

The Coat Man's spiritual power spikes ever so slightly as a weapon quite invisible to most mortals flashes into being, little more than a blur of ebony fog and pearlecent mist. A burnished blaze of bronze blade. One beast is quickly bifurcated by the ancient kophesh, as second transfixed upon the point and flung away.

Sadly there are more than two of the things.

And its rather hard to fight when there are shrimp hanging off one's limbs.

"Heavens me, such a fuss," The Coat Man mutters as another assailant is gutted like a fresh caught fish. "What is so vital about this one..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

[Cemetery]

Even as the shrimp are cut, more jump out of the dark corners to take their place, always emiting their constant, low chitter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Eirene Klossner

Eirene smiled at Rosa. "The pleasure's all ours." She said cheerfully as she took off her apron. This girl seemed to always be happy, unnaturally so. It went beyond the standard courtesy of waitresses. "How would you like to go out for a drink after we close up shop? My treat."
    "A drink?" Rosa wasn't entirely sure what exactly that meant. "If you mean an alcoholic drink, that may be problematic. You see, I am only 19 years of age." She never really didn't do that much research on legal drinking ages.