New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Claudia shakes her head, and continues slicing the watermelon, a sad expression on her face.

"We haven't.*SHUNK* It wasn't until very recently *shunkshunkshunkshunk* that she was stable enough for us to be able to even leave the castle. *SHUNK* Her life... it's been a pretty rough one. *shunkshunkshunkshunk* Still, she's finally getting to make friends, so maybe her life is looking up, so long as they're good ones. She needs them to be good ones. That's why I need to know..."

Claudia turns to grab Kaito by the shoulder, a look of deep concern on her face. Her right hand continues to hold the knife, seemingly disregarded. The watermelon juice starts to drip onto the linoleum. Her entire body is rather tense.

"What are your intentions regarding my Vally, Kaito-kun?"
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-21 at 01:58 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia shakes her head, and continues slicing the watermelon, a sad expression on her face.

"We haven't.*SHUNK* It wasn't until very recently *shunkshunkshunkshunk* that she was stable enough for us to be able to even leave the castle. *SHUNK* Her life... it's been a pretty rough one. *shunkshunkshunkshunk* Still, she's finally getting to make friends, so maybe her life is looking up, so long as they're good ones. She needs them to be good ones. That's why I need to know..."

Claudia turns to grab Kaito by the shoulder, a look of deep concern on her face. Her right hand continues to hold the knife, seemingly disregarded. The watermelon juice starts to drip onto the linoleum.

"What are your intentions regarding my Vally, Kaito-kun?"
    Kaito's eyes widen, while his skin pales.

"I, uh, that is, well, I'd like to, you know, um. Well, you see, she's a very nice girl, even though I haven't gotten to know her that well. I'd like to. Get to know her, of course. I mean. Um. She's nice. And she's friendly. And I'd like to be a friend. I don't have a really big lots number of friends, and even fewer smaller number are girls, and she's a girl, and she's nice, and she's pretty, and, um, did I say that? I mean, I'm just here as a friend. I'm not trying, oh dear, um...."

He goes silent. His eyes keep darting between Claudia's eyes, and the knife. Drip drip drip.

"That's a big knife. I'm really terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought at this moment. I'm already a teenage boy at a nice, pretty girl's house. Um. Yes, friend. I want to be a friend. Friend is good. We all like having friends. I like having friends. Her being a friend means my friend number count goes up by one, which is a good thing. I like numbers going up."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-06-21 at 02:02 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito's eyes widen, while his skin pales.

"I, uh, that is, well, I'd like to, you know, um. Well, you see, she's a very nice girl, even though I haven't gotten to know her that well. I'd like to. Get to know her, of course. I mean. Um. She's nice. And she's friendly. And I'd like to be a friend. I don't have a really big lots number of friends, and even fewer smaller number are girls, and she's a girl, and she's nice, and she's pretty, and, um, did I say that? I mean, I'm just here as a friend. I'm not trying, oh dear, um...."

He goes silent. His eyes keep darting between Claudia's eyes, and the knife. Drip drip drip.

"That's a big knife. I'm really terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought at this moment. I'm already a teenage boy at a nice, pretty girl's house. Um. Yes, friend. I want to be a friend. Friend is good. We all like having friends. I like having friends. Her being a friend means my friend number count goes up by one, which is a good thing. I like numbers going up."
    Claudia sighs with relief, nods, and smiles.

"So, you just want to be her friend? That's good. I was a little worried by how happy you were about our house, and how you found her pretty, but it's good that you want to be her friend. She needs good friends like you.

You don't seem like the sort of person who would take advantage of my Vally. That sort of person would lie to my face, and get in all sorts of trouble. But you aren't that sort, are you?
    "

Humming contentedly, Mrs. Abel then gets back to cutting up the watermelon.

*SHUNK*
    *shunkshunkshunkshunk*
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-21 at 02:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Claudia sighs with relief, nods, and smiles.

"So, you just want to be her friend? That's good. I was a little worried by how happy you were about our house, and how you found her pretty, but it's good that you want to be her friend. She needs good friends like you.

You don't seem like the sort of person who would take advantage of my Vally. That sort of person would lie to my face, and get in all sorts of trouble. But you aren't that sort, are you?
    "

Humming contentedly, Mrs. Abel then gets back to cutting up the watermelon.

*SHUNK*
    *shunkshunkshunkshunk*
    Kaito was starting to shake a bit.

Mrs. Abel had mastered being scary.

But then she asked if he was the sort to take advantage of Valeria because of her wealth or something. And he found a tiny scrap of courage. His body stopped shaking, and his face was suddenly alight with firm resolve.

"I would be doing a disservice to everything my parents taught me if I became the sort who lied about being a friend, just to take advantage, in any capacity, of Valeria. Or any girl. Any person, really. I've been raised to be honest, Mrs. Abel. And I'd never lie about something like this. I promise I will be Valeria's friend. I'll probably mess something up, but I'll be honest when I do."

And he goes back to arranging fruit pieces.

...There are a fair number of little spots of juice on the counter, though. His hands seem to be shaking a bit as he's arranging the fruit.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Valeria's House

Just in time to hopefully prevent things from getting more frightening, or possibly just quiet and awkward, there is a tentative knock on the door. Emi stands just outside, hoping she got the right address... and wondering just how she was going to introduce herself.
    "Hi, none of your family knows me, but I was invited?"

She should have thought this through a little bit more. Maybe Kaito would be there and could vouch for her.

Emi was wearing her usual modest and boring clothing, the only thing unusual about it the extreme neatness of it (it looks brand new), and the quality of material, which is fairly high. Otherwise, it looks rather like a standard school uniform. On one shoulder is a small bookbag which contains everything she'll need for swimming.

Nervously, Emi waits a little ways back from the door, hoping she came to the right place.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito was starting to shake a bit.

Mrs. Abel had mastered being scary.

But then she asked if he was the sort to take advantage of Valeria because of her wealth or something. And he found a tiny scrap of courage. His body stopped shaking, and his face was suddenly alight with firm resolve.

"I would be doing a disservice to everything my parents taught me if I became the sort who lied about being a friend, just to take advantage, in any capacity, of Valeria. Or any girl. Any person, really. I've been raised to be honest, Mrs. Abel. And I'd never lie about something like this. I promise I will be Valeria's friend. I'll probably mess something up, but I'll be honest when I do."

And he goes back to arranging fruit pieces.

...There are a fair number of little spots of juice on the counter, though. His hands seem to be shaking a bit as he's arranging the fruit.
    Claudia stops humming when Kaito begins his speech, but resumes after he finishes, this time a slightly more cheery tune. She continues to cut for a little while, then, when the doorbell rings, sets her knife down and picks up the plate. She offers him a smile, and tousles his hair with her off hand.

"...That should be enough for now, Kaito-kun. Go ahead and try out the pool, okay?"

As she strides out, opening the door for him to follow, he can almost swear that he hears her whisper
    Spoiler
    Show
    <"You're a good kid...">

She opens the door with a wide smile.

"Oh, hello! Would you be another of Vally's friend's then?"

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Claudia stops humming when Kaito begins his speech, but resumes after he finishes, this time a slightly more cheery tune. She continues to cut for a little while, then, when the doorbell rings, sets her knife down and picks up the plate. She offers him a smile, and tousles his hair with her off hand.

"...That should be enough for now, Kaito-kun. Go ahead and try out the pool, okay?"

As she strides out, opening the door for him to follow, he can almost swear that he hears her whisper
    Spoiler
    Show
    <"You're a good kid...">

She opens the door with a wide smile.

"Oh, hello! Would you be another of Vally's friend's then?"
    Kaito relaxes as her humming seems to switch to a happier tune. He blushes a bit as his hair is tousled.

He smiles at her comment, and whispers back.

<"Thank you.">

He then walks out the pool and picks up his bag. He then looks out to where Val is, likely still swimming in the pool.

"Um, Valeria? Where's a bathroom or something, so that I can change?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Val is chilling on a sunbathing chair as Kaito moves back to the pool. She sits up with a smile as she spots him again. She has at least put on a t-shirt herself. "So, what did mom think of you?"

"Oh... there's one just over there." She points to a blurred glass door on the other end near the pool.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-21 at 03:26 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Val is chilling on a sunbathing chair as Kaito moves back to the pool. She sits up with a smile as she spots him again. She has at least put on a t-shirt herself. "So, what did mom think of you?"

"Oh... there's one just over there." She points to a blurred glass door on the other end near the pool.
    Kaito blinks. Val thinks he pales for a moment, but it passes.

"Um...she was happy I wanted to be your friend, and glad I came to the party? She kinda asked mom-type questions, making sure I wasn't being deceitful, but mostly I just helped her with the watermelon."

He looks over to where she indicated, and nods.

"Thank you. I'll be back in a couple of minutes."

He then walks over, carrying his bag with him as he steps into the bathroom. He makes sure the door is securely locked, if possible; no reason for any misunderstandings about whether it's occupied or not. After quickly taking care of some business, he gets himself changed into his swimwear.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-06-21 at 03:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Valeria's House

Emi gives an abbreviated curtsy, timidly bobbing in a respectful and nervous manner. Despite that nervousness, however, she wears a small smile; After all, she's hopeful that she'll be able to have a good time, even if she feels a bit vulnerable and out of water.
    "I was actually invited by one of her friends- Watanabe Kaito. If that's okay."

She gives the impression that if it isn't okay, she'll just meekly excuse herself and then bolt as soon as she's out of sight. Definitely a little skittish, but she is making an effort right now, at least.
    "I'm Emily Martin. I heard Valeria was new here and looking to meet some people- and I'm new too, so I thought..."
    Shifting her weight awkwardly, Emi resists the urge to look at her feet, trying to push the idea into the back of her mind (which of course, just makes her want to do it even more).

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria [Home]

Valeria hums, but nods. "Yeah, mom is... pretty protective of me. I'm not sure why she'd think you're deceiving anyone, though..." She shrugs, sitting back again as Kaito walks off to change.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia blinks, then her smile widens a bit, and she steps back carefully, avoiding any sudden moves that might frighten the girl off. It seems that her first impression with the youth of this city has softened her a little.

"That's just fine, Emily. I'm Mrs. Abel, and you can find Kaito and Vally at the pool. Just follow me, okay?"

With that, she starts walking toward the pool, holding the watermelon plate like a waitress.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

At the moment, another person starts knocking on the door. "Hello?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Valeria's House

A bit of Emi's nervousness seeps away from her, and her smile becomes more certain at Claudia's acceptance of her. Though obviously still a bit timid, the affirmation of her presence seems to have calmed her down a great deal.
    "Thank you, Mrs. Abel."
    A bit of an accent clings to her voice, a little more noticeable now. It's rather difficult to place... but then again, Emi's nationality isn't all that obvious either. However, some of her features and the proficiency with which she speaks Japanese do hint at some ancestry here.

She follows along behind Claudia quietly, but happily.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    At the moment, another person starts knocking on the door. "Hello?"
    A girl enters in a tracksuit, with a bag over her shoulder. She is shorter than her greeter despite being a year older than her. "Hi, Hayashi. So this is the place, huh?" she asks, looking around. "Are there many people here yet?"
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-21 at 04:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi smiles at the other girl. "All right, Sasaki. So, let's wait for the welcoming group first. I don't actually know who else is here..."

She's carrying a small bag and a towel herself.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-21 at 04:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia tilts her head curiously at Emi, but opts to stay quiet, leading her to the poolside, and leaving the watermelon plate on a table a little way from the water's edge.

She then rushes back to the front door.

Maybe I should've set up some signs....

She slows down, and catches herself by the door, offering a quick smile.

"Hello. You would be more of Vally's partygoers?"

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House - Pool]

Valeria looks up at Emi curiously, sitting up. "Hi. Are you one of Kaito-san or Izumi-san's friends? I'm Valeria."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-21 at 04:58 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods, and smiles. "Yep! I'm Hayashi Izumi, and this is Sasaki Ayaka."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

[Valeria's House - Pool]

"Kaito."
    Emi replies quickly, her eyes searching for him for a moment before she looks back at Valeria.
    "I'm Emily Martin- but I just go by Emi."
    There's still a little shyness around her smile, and in the hand she offers to Valeria.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi." Ayaka's hand is offered a little more quickly. "And you must be Valeria's mother?" Her shake is rather limp though.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-21 at 05:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods, and smiles. "Yep! I'm Hayashi Izumi, and this is Sasaki Ayaka."
    Claudia blinks, then takes Ayaka's hand and gives it a firm shake. She doesn't seem to mind the limp wrist.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Mrs. Abel, Valeria's mom. You can call me Claudia if you like. The pool is right through the house."

She waves her arm, indicating the general direction she just came from.

"I think I'd better stay in case there are any more guests arriving soon, but if you get confused, please do call."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-06-21 at 05:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "All right. Where can we get changed?"
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-21 at 05:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria offers her hand with a smile. "All right, then, Emi. You can call me Val." Her look turns thoughtful as she pulls her hand back. "Emily isn't a japanese name, though... are you a foreigner too?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito walks out of the bathroom, bag in one hand, towel in the other. He sets the bag down near the door to the house.

He is wearing plain black knee-length trunks, and a light gray tank top. The shirt reveals his rather skinny build even more than his t-shirt.

When he looks up, he realizes more people are by the pool. He walks over to offer his hand to Emi.

"Hello, Emily. I'm glad you could make it."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

[Valeria's House - Pool]

Emi nods to Valeria.
    "I lived in America until recently."
    Her tone seems to indicate that she's still a bit out of place.

"Hi Kaito. It's good to see you."
    She takes Kaito's hand and smiles in a friendly manner, apparently a little more comfortable with him than he is with her.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-06-21 at 05:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

<Skipping whatever the Staff of the Venti Buon embarassed themselves with in that trip>

Donovan, and presumably Eirine, Ava and Rosa, should be arriving now, probably on Eirine's car.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Val nods slowly, smiling at Kaito as he approaches. "I see... well, my Mom and I just moved from Romania; we just arrived a few days ago, in fact."

...Viatrix climbs out of the trunk with a towel around her waist, wearing a purple swimsuit that shows off a bit of her bosom. She still has her umbrella, and in the other hand she carries a large cooler and beach bag. "Sweet, pool party."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-21 at 05:52 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "All right. Where can we get changed?"

"There's a changing room adjacent to the pool. Val can point it out when you get there."

Claudia steps aside to allow the girls through, then waves congenially to the catering staff as they approach.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi walks though to the pool, and waves at Val. "Hey, Val! I'd like you to meet Sasaki Ayaka."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.