New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[Takara]

Takara smiles and takes a bite of the offered icecream. She giggles and grins wide. After a moment the smile fades. She looks at Erima.

"Hard to believe we start school again so soon..."

She lets out a somewhat forced chuckle.

"To be honest, I'm a little nervous... And... well... I've been getting this weird feeling lately... Almost like when there are monsters or ghosts around... only different..."

She is, of course, referring to hollows and pluses, though she doesn't know that is what they are called by those in the business of dealing with both.

"Maybe it is just the summer heat..."

Her smile returns full force.

"Shall we had for home, then? I can carry you if you are too tired from the heat."
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Donovan hears something from the second floor inside the house.

"Sounds like Eirine, if you will excuse me."

He is soon out of the presence of Izumi and the others, and into the open area, walking towards Eirine and Rosa.

"What is it Eirine?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erima]

Erima nodded with Takara's statement. "Time seems to always move quickly." She agreed.
    But Takara's mood had changed with such a thought, and Erima noticed it silently. She searched questioningly Takara's behavior as Takara admitted her nervousness.

Erima gave Takara a sideways look, but she turned her eyes back to the front of the way to eat more ice cream. Takara had good instincts. For a human. The seeing of youkai and ghosts was a rare skill, and Takara's nervousness made Erima strain her own ability.
    But there were no threatening youkai around. Certainly this summer they had encountered a few ghosts and a few monster moths, but Erima did not have the same danger feeling as Takara.
    What is dangerous for a human and a tsukumogami are different. Erima trusted Takara, but she wasn't convinced of any danger here.
    "It may be the summer heat." Erima agrees. And then Takara gave her offer with a big smile.
    For Erima it was an unbalancing suggestion of course. With such a smile, Erima had learned to be cautious. But in this heat it was too good of a request. Erima was tired from the adventures earlier. And she was going to let Takara copy the homework...so this was fair, maybe?
    "Please then, I'll leave the walking to you." Erima said. She handed Takara her ice cream - a scarf cannot eat it, but surely Takara would appreciate the rest.
    Then she took another look around - no one was nearby. Erima took Takara's hand and then Pon!
    She was again a fluffy scarf in Takara's hand.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva shakes her head just a little. Seem to run into that everywhere nowadays. The way she said that, you'd think she was in her eighties or something. But she doesn't look any older then in her twenties.

No, no, go ahead and share. I'm interested.
    "Oh? You are?", Yui chirps. She sounds a bit disappointed - maybe she hoped to drop the issue already? "Well, there was this explosion on a street I got caught up in - there was this boy also, who I tried to help, but then this crazy girl - I guess it was girl - almost ran me over with a sport bike and snatched the kid before we got him to a hospital. And then there was this other crazy girl who came to meet me in the hospital, claiming to be my niece... really, really odd folks."

Yui takes a pause to finish her second cup of coffee, then leans back in her chair and gives Silva a dubious look. "I'd tell more, but I think the handsome policemen who questioned me about it might not be happy of such thing. After all, they don't yet know what caused that explosion. I think the local paper called it a 'gas pipe malfunction' or some such."

"But enough about me. I think you have a story to tell, too. Like what you carry in that pouch. Is it jewelry of some kind?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Donovan hears something from the second floor inside the house.

"Sounds like Eirine, if you will excuse me."

He is soon out of the presence of Izumi and the others, and into the open area, walking towards Eirine and Rosa.

"What is it Eirine?"
    Eirene

"Ah, Donovan, you're here. You forgot to take your meds this morning, some of the guests have been complaining of... odd behaviour." Granted, Eirene was the perpetrator of this behaviour being complained about. "So if you'd kindly come to me, I have the pills in my purse..." It would likely be best to go along with what Eirene was saying, it seems that she wants to talk to Donovan in private. "Erm... Rosa. If you'd like you can have your shift off for now." Eirene says, putting her shirt back on over her swimsuit.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Donovan

"Eh?" - Donovan sighs and makes a defeated face - "Right, right, thanks for the help." - And follow Eirine he does.

----

Reene

Reene receives a message, apparently another teacher got lost in the school.

After much pondering, Reene decides to have a goddamn map of the complex fixated to the entry hall of the entry building. In some place where even a blind strabic would find, even if it were the darkest hour of the night.

A hollow queen woman can only endure so much fail difficulty incompetence fail from the mortal rabble her minions employees.

By the end of the weekend, the map is in place.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-07-05 at 08:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Oh? You are?", Yui chirps. She sounds a bit disappointed - maybe she hoped to drop the issue already? "Well, there was this explosion on a street I got caught up in - there was this boy also, who I tried to help, but then this crazy girl - I guess it was girl - almost ran me over with a sport bike and snatched the kid before we got him to a hospital. And then there was this other crazy girl who came to meet me in the hospital, claiming to be my niece... really, really odd folks."

Yui takes a pause to finish her second cup of coffee, then leans back in her chair and gives Silva a dubious look. "I'd tell more, but I think the handsome policemen who questioned me about it might not be happy of such thing. After all, they don't yet know what caused that explosion. I think the local paper called it a 'gas pipe malfunction' or some such."

"But enough about me. I think you have a story to tell, too. Like what you carry in that pouch. Is it jewelry of some kind?"
    Silva sips her tea as she listens to the story, nodding appropriately.

Hmmm? Oh, no, not jewelry.She hesitates for just a moment before answering. It's how I make sure I don't run into too much trouble.

She quickly gives a glance around, then, in a fluid motion, she reaches to the pouch and draws out the dagger. The blade has obviously been cared for, and the hilt has a simple leather wrapping. On the blade, there is a symbol that sort of looks like a "Y". Almost.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #758

[Takara]

Despite the heat, Takara wrapped Erima around her neck. She licks the icecream and starts making her way home. She can't put a feeling on it, but there was a faint feeling of tension in the air. As if something was just waiting to happen. She brushes the feeling aside for now and makes her way towards home. School will be starting soon, so maybe it was just nervousness about that...

"So... about that school work... Is it hard?"

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

[Val's House]

"Um, okay..." Rosa's eyebrow raised slightly. So, it's some kind of moonshine? No. The mess didn't smell of alcohol. I now know what alcohol smells like, and that wasn't it.

Rosa looked at Donovan's tie in a way that wouldn't come across as creepy. Sure enough, lo and behold, there was something odd about it. Well, odd if you think that mouths on inanimate objects are odd.

As for the whole "you can be off your shift" thing, Rosa noticed something distinctly wrong with this plan. She would be off, while Eirine and Donovan would be trading "medication", with Ava probably following Donovan like she always has. This little fact leaves nobody to serve the clientele. But, if there is one thing that Rosa has learned about this group in the short time she has been employed, when in doubt, roll with it. Thus, she returns to her usual warm self.

"I think I will, thank you! That is, if it is alright with everybody. Just one thing, where is the changing room?"

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    [Takara]

Despite the heat, Takara wrapped Erima around her neck. She licks the icecream and starts making her way home. She can't put a feeling on it, but there was a faint feeling of tension in the air. As if something was just waiting to happen. She brushes the feeling aside for now and makes her way towards home. School will be starting soon, so maybe it was just nervousness about that...

"So... about that school work... Is it hard?"
    [Erima]

Erima's voice seemed like it echoed just a little for Takara. But she sounded like she was thinking with the answer.

"Hmm... The Math was most difficult I think. Of course History and Social Studies are the easiest. But I don't think you read the homework, so maybe it will be difficult. Of course you are always better at math than me. When you study.

Maybe it will take all evening to finish quickly."

When Erima was a scarf, it was a nostalgic feeling. It was not so hot for her now. Maybe Takara was more hot. Even if she was sweating, it was no problem. No scarf likes to be wet, but to take a bath as a human was much better than to be laundry- that was Erima's thought. It would be nice to take a bath when they got home. Then have water and ice, and then relax in the fan...

If you did not know, a scarf also dreams.

What tension that Takara felt, Erima was distracted and comfortable, and so it was no thought. Of course with school soon, there was nervousness. Ah, and there were some strange people at school. Erima kept her own thoughts on this though. Sometimes scarves keep secrets. And of course tsukumogami are very good at such a thing.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva sips her tea as she listens to the story, nodding appropriately.

Hmmm? Oh, no, not jewelry.She hesitates for just a moment before answering. It's how I make sure I don't run into too much trouble.

She quickly gives a glance around, then, in a fluid motion, she reaches to the pouch and draws out the dagger. The blade has obviously been cared for, and the hilt has a simple leather wrapping. On the blade, there is a symbol that sort of looks like a "Y". Almost.
    Yui rises an eyebrow at the weapon. She pushes her remaining snacks to the side an leans closer to Silva, so their bodies completely obscure the dagger from sight of others. "Careful with things like those", she whispers, "You might get yourself into quite the trouble if someone noticed that. But it sure looks nice - it is antique? May I ask where you found that?"

12. - Top - End - #762

[Takara]

Soon enough, Takara arrives home with Erima. She heads inside and says hi to her mom before retreating to her room where she takes Erima off and starts pulling out her buried homework assignment.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

13. - Top - End - #763

Yui rises an eyebrow at the weapon. She pushes her remaining snacks to the side an leans closer to Silva, so their bodies completely obscure the dagger from sight of others. "Careful with things like those", she whispers, "You might get yourself into quite the trouble if someone noticed that. But it sure looks nice - it is antique? May I ask where you found that?"
    She swiftly puts the item away. In its sheath, it is barely visible.

She nods a little. I wouldn't say antique yet, but it is old. I got it a while ago, when I was in my early teens. A gift from some friends back home, for becoming a woman.

Sounds plausible enough.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, such a nice gift. Sure beats the tableware set I got", Yui remarks absent-mindedly, with a hint of envy in her voice. After taking a quick look to ensure no-one will catch a glimpse of the dagger, she sits back in her chair and resumes eating. The remaining dishes disappear into her mouth with distressing speed.

"Ah, that was good. Much better than hospital food", she chimes, piling empty cups and plates back on her tray as she stands up. "Thank you for keeping me company, Silva-san. I think I'll take a stroll through the park now. Of course, I have nothing against you coming with me, if you so wish."

15. - Top - End - #765
    Barbarian in the Playground

Speaking of The Park a certain someone has taken to once more feeding the local water fowl. The fellow clad in his worn overcoat and fedora is hunched over a time-stained bench, tossing morals to the ever-hungry ducks. As they greedily snatch up the crumbs he converses with them, though as usual they don't seem terribly interested in the conversation.

"It's peculiar, isn't it?" the Coat Man sighs to a rather large Muscovy as the red-faced bird wiggles its tail feathers in anticipation of a handout. "It's quiet here. Peaceful for the most part. Aside from the occasional spasm of activity. Nothing unusual. And yet... It feels as though this whole city is teetering right on the edge of a precipice."

The bird doesn't reply. Its too busy snatching up some crumbs before the other ducks reach it.

"Something is happening here. Or rather will happen. And here I am in the eye of the storm... Heavens me, sometimes I wonder why I even bother..."

He'll probably be here for some time yet.

He has thoughts and bread alike to work his way through.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Val's House]

Emi bites her lip.
    "I don't know what class I'm in. I guess I'll find out when school starts back up?"
    She quietly hopes she doesn't need tutoring. She wasn't that bad of a student, was she?
    [Val's House]

Kaito nodded.

"Yeah. When you get there on day 1, they'll let you know. It's when they let people know if they've been shifted from one class to another, which happens occasionally. Don't worry about it, Emily. You'll do fine. Don't be afraid to ask questions of the teacher, or your classmates, and I bet you'll be giving all of us a run for our money for top marks."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

[Val's House]

Emi smiles uncertainly and nods.
    "Okay. Thanks Kaito."
    She doesn't look nearly convinced that she'll do as well as he thinks she will though.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Val grins. "So, Emi... Have any hobbies?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

[Val's House]

"Not many, really. Mostly I just read or practice playing music."
    Emi says, looking to one side.
    "I used to be in an orchestra at my old school, but I don't really know what my options are here."

20. - Top - End - #770

"Oh, such a nice gift. Sure beats the tableware set I got", Yui remarks absent-mindedly, with a hint of envy in her voice. After taking a quick look to ensure no-one will catch a glimpse of the dagger, she sits back in her chair and resumes eating. The remaining dishes disappear into her mouth with distressing speed.

"Ah, that was good. Much better than hospital food", she chimes, piling empty cups and plates back on her tray as she stands up. "Thank you for keeping me company, Silva-san. I think I'll take a stroll through the park now. Of course, I have nothing against you coming with me, if you so wish."
    Silva finishes her tea with a note of happiness.

She shrugs a little. Eh, I have nothing planned. I'll come. Silva clears her spot and throws the garbage away, placing her tray on the pile on top of the garbage can.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Val's House]

"Not many, really. Mostly I just read or practice playing music."
    Emi says, looking to one side.
    "I used to be in an orchestra at my old school, but I don't really know what my options are here."
    [Val's House]

Kaito nodded.

"You should at least be able to get into one or more of the music clubs. I'm not sure if there's going to be an actual band or orchestra for the school; I've never really followed it much myself."

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

[Valeria's House]

Val nods... "Mom's taught me a little piano... But I'm more into dancing."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

[Park]

Yui likewise disposes of her trash, and then strolls out of the cafe, whistling a merry tune as she goes. She pauses to see if Silva's following, and then continues her walk, adjusting her stride so they'll walk just beside each other.

"Nothing planned? Such a young lady like you? That's a surprise", the older woman says. "I always figure people of your age are busy busy busy with all manners of things. These are such hectic time - oh, look! Duckies!"

Yui enthusiastically points at a flock of water fowl scurrying around a coated man throwing crumbs of bread to them. A sickly blush creeps back to her face when she realizes how improperly she's acting again. *Ahem* She regains her composure and adjusts her suit in desparate attempt to save face.

Meanwhile, the ducks have spotted her and are busy waddling away from her. "Oh, I apologize, Mister. It wasn't my intention to drive them away", Yui says, and bows slightly to the coated man. However, when she stands straight, her blackened eyes narrow a bit as she looks at the man. Wait... what is this feeling?

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sören's Apartment]

The Bount sighs as he turns the last page of his copy of Krew elfów for what looks like the hundredth time.

Do we really have nothing else to read?

"Shut up. We're going out."

Oh god, not one of those awful 'nightclub' things, please. I don't care how hungry you are, I will not stand for those places.

"No. I'm going to the park."

[The Park]
    Sören walks quickly, and despite getting lost several times, much to his Doll's lament, the Bount manages to make good time. He spends a few minutes walking around the place before settling down in a bench near a waterfront. He glances at the figure in the fedora for a moment before closing them and inhaling deeply.

I wonder if the principle received your email?

"Damn well hope so. I don't want to be doing a job in that labyrinth without knowing my way around it if I can help it."

25. - Top - End - #775

[Park]

Oh what is that feeling indeed.

Slight, ever so slight. A nearly imperceptible gradient of spiritual power that strengthens as one draws closer to the erstwhile duck-feeder. Like pinpricks of mist dropping from a clear sky. Almost unnoticeable at first. But when one realizes what to look for.

The strange fellow, who looks for all the world like a hobo of sorts, inclines his head to the pair of interlopers into his duck delicatessen. "Not at all a problem, miss. They were dreadfully dull conversation to begin with. But at least they do listen."

Goes without saying when speaking with an animal that can't reply apart from quacks and grunts.

"Lovely weather I must admit. Though heavens me it has been hot of late. One of the few times a coat with holes in it is good for anything," while he certainly seems fluent enough there's an odd hint of accent to his hollow, tired voice. Hard to place though.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Valeria's House]

Val nods... "Mom's taught me a little piano... But I'm more into dancing."
    [Val's House]

Emi nods to Kaito and Val.
    "I know piano too, but usually I play horn."

27. - Top - End - #777

[Park]

Yui likewise disposes of her trash, and then strolls out of the cafe, whistling a merry tune as she goes. She pauses to see if Silva's following, and then continues her walk, adjusting her stride so they'll walk just beside each other.

"Nothing planned? Such a young lady like you? That's a surprise", the older woman says. "I always figure people of your age are busy busy busy with all manners of things. These are such hectic time - oh, look! Duckies!"

Yui enthusiastically points at a flock of water fowl scurrying around a coated man throwing crumbs of bread to them. A sickly blush creeps back to her face when she realizes how improperly she's acting again. *Ahem* She regains her composure and adjusts her suit in desparate attempt to save face.

Meanwhile, the ducks have spotted her and are busy waddling away from her. "Oh, I apologize, Mister. It wasn't my intention to drive them away", Yui says, and bows slightly to the coated man. However, when she stands straight, her blackened eyes narrow a bit as she looks at the man. Wait... what is this feeling?
    Silva laughs a little when she is called young. Ah, if you only knew...

And she also smiles when Yui chases the ducks. She thought it was funny.

When they meet the coated man, Silva nods her head in greeting. After a moment, she gets the feeling as well.

Well well...curious feeling...very curious...

I know, Medric. Shush.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Val's House]

Emi nods to Kaito and Val.
    "I know piano too, but usually I play horn."
    [Val's House]

Kaito shrugs.

"I usually play Guitar Hero."

29. - Top - End - #779

[Abel Estate]

Outside an engine may be heard down the street. It soon stops coming closer to the house then shuts off completely. A young man of 23 walks toward the house, his button up shirt blowing through the soft breeze, his hair the usual mess atop his head. In one hand he holds a pack of four glass soda bottles. One is missing. In his other hand he holds the missing bottle, a red soda with a label written in English. An import from America. Alexander Yori walks up the drive, his blue and white shoes crunching dirt underneath his feet. Haven't felt a spike like this in a long while. So many different types of energy in one place. He thinks to himself before knocking on the door.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

[Park]

"Ah, yes, the weather's been rather sultry lately", Yui replies to the coated man and smiles. "We'll see what we can do about that. It's nice to hear you've found some pleasure in it, though, I must ask... is everything okay with you? Your voice sounds somewhat odd, Mister."

While she does her best to sound genuinely worried, the air of malice around Yui heightens ever so slightly as she examines the homeless man. It's enough to make the ducks quicken their pace and Silva likely feels it, though it might take effort to associate it with the woman beside her. The coated man, on the other hand, would be hard pressed to miss the glint of hatred passing in Yui's eyes.