New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Valeria
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito looks thoughtful.

"Well, I suppose it depends on what you like to do. We do have a fairly new mall. There are a couple of movie theaters. A couple of big bookstores with those little coffee shops attached. Of course, part of the reason this place is popular is because it's almost right next to the school. I mean, a lot of us tend to stay after classes themselves end; clubs, study sessions, and so on tend to last for a bit after that. So a lot of us come by here once in a while. They've got pretty good prices and items, even if the staff is a bit...odd."
    "I see..." Valeria eyes some of the newcomers with interest, before turning back to Kaito. "Well, there's nothing wrong with odd, it at least keeps it lively..." She smiles. "...So, are the teachers at the school that interesting?"

Elsewhere...

The churning of the sea... a calming sound, no doubt. To the mind of one, though, it was a method of communication.

A short, almost childish-looking human with silvery-blue hair sits on the edge of a dock just within the limits of Fushichou Town, enjoying the hum of the waves.

Does this wandering soul enjoy the waves?

...Of course. Now would you stop talking in such a weird way? You are my spirit, after all...

Is this soul truly bothered by his spirit's method of speech?

...sometimes, you have no idea.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-14 at 10:30 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

While Rosa was making the rounds taking the orders of anyone who hadn't been served yet, the three new customers walked in. She walks up to each of them and asks the same question, "May I take your order?", recieving it, then moving on to the next one. That is, if Eirine hadn't already gotten to them.

(OOC: And now for school in Real Life!(TM).)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

When Rosa reaches him to take his order, Sören jerks a little, as though shaken out of a shallow sleep.

"Oh, uh, Irish coffee if you have it. If not, get me the blackest espresso you can. Preferably at least treble shot."

After the waitress leaves his table, he turns to look around the cafe again, overhearing Valeria's question about the local teachers. He tries, and fails, to keep a smirk off his face.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

When Izumi enters Yoko immediately turns to look at her, sensing her spiritual power over most of the others in the Cafe. Well, that's new. I wonder when she jumped so much? She thinks as a grin spreads across her face.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi sits down, smiling, and when the waitress comes around, orders some coffee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito had waved to Izumi in passing. He thought about Valeria's question for a few moments, then nodded with a smile.

"We don't have any bad teachers. But most are pretty standard. A few though...really, they have to be seen to understand. Quirky is the best word I can think of. I think we had some staff turnover, if I remember announcements from the end of the year correctly. So we might have one or two new faces among the teachers."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Rosa looks at Yoko after the comment. It is fairly tempting to confront her on this issue. No, don't. Don't mess up a job opportunity over something like that. "Very well." She says to Yoko. She then turns to Silva and nods. "Alright! I will be back with your drink shortly." She then finds anyone who hasn't been served yet and takes their orders, with the same politeness and warmness as she showed Val and Silva. Afterwards, she walks behind the counter and looks down towards Donovan, bending slightly and lowering her voice. "Uhm, excuse me sir? I just recieved the orders from the customers. I was wondering if I should give them to someone else or if I can make them without causing any problems?
    - Time Warp -

Donovan snaps out of it, suddenly rising to his feet behind the counter.

"Right! Ava and I are the ones you hand the orders to, and then you return to colect afterwards! You are hired, welcome to the Venti Buon!"

Donovan shakes Rosa's hand before turning to the requests.

"So many bount is it not?"

"Shut it Jammerlich."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #68

"I'll take a medium-strength tea, no sugar if you please." Henry said to the attendant waitress. Looking once more outside, Henry remains on alert, watching the movements of the clientele. There was definitely something off with this place, but Henry knew exactly what it was and took great pains to ignore it.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora, after waking up fairly late in the day, decided to go out to get lunch. Rather than go to the cafe, where he would be bugged about his rent, he decided to wander the town, maybe find a different place to eat, one that didn't require him to talk to people.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Ava Jager

Ava just took up her customary place, watching the customers while following after Donovan. She wasn't an employee really. She just did what Donovan asked of her. And watched to make sure no one else got to close to him, of course.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Ito Tanigawa

The school was (mostly) empty of students, but it was in no way bereft of life. The place hummed with the sound of people preparing for their return. Teachers, Cleaning Staff, and all the rest, working tirelessly to prepare it. Oh, and one huge man, clad in a Gi. Odd attire, for a teacher, but Tani wasn't a teacher yet. He wanted a look at the club room they had assigned him, but with three floors and 3 different hallways, he had to admit, he was lost.

"Whose idea was it to make this place so large!"

Tani cried out to no one in particular, finally just seeing someone in their office, peeking his head in.

"Hey, do you know where... uhhhhh..."

In his frustration, Tani appeared to have slightly crumpled the paper. That wouldn't be such a worry, except the Ink appeared to have run, and where his room number was supposed to be was a large blurry mess of Ink.

"...the Room I've been assigned is?"

Tani was forced to finish lamely.

Great first impression with an attractive colleague, and I look like a doofus. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene Lucaster

The woman in front of Tanigawa wore a gray Valentino business suit, her raven hair pulled in a bun behind her head.

Reene smiled at the man, eyes closed, and answered his question.

"I just might. You are... Ito Tanigawa correct? Let me take you to your room, it is close to the gym area, quite far form here, in fact."
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-14 at 05:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani nodded at the woman's question.

"Yep. Just call me Tani though, if you don't mind. Never been one to stand on formality."

He stepped aside, to let her out the door.

"And if you aren't to busy, that would be great. I appear to have gotten myself throughly lost."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene waves dismissively when he asks if she is busy.

"Oh, not at all, not at all. It is my job to guide the new teachers through the school after all."

A corridor here, a staircase there. Tanigawa might never find those easy paths again by himself, in fact, but they swiftly arrive at the Gym.

"And here we are!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani nods, walking into the gym. He was busy trying to remember just how she had managed that. He was pretty sure he was going to end up forgetting.

"Thanks."

Tani walked into the gym, looking about, before realizing that he didn't know the answer to an improtant question.

"Uhhh... when do classes start?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria

"I... see. Well, at least it ought to be interesting, I hope?" Val chuckles.

Hibiki

Hibiki eyes his watch. "...well... I really have been here a while. Whoops." Standing up, the short shinigami in hiding gives the water (lake? sea?) one last look, before heading for a bus stop to his next destination: the high school.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito had waved to Izumi in passing. He thought about Valeria's question for a few moments, then nodded with a smile.

"We don't have any bad teachers. But most are pretty standard. A few though...really, they have to be seen to understand. Quirky is the best word I can think of. I think we had some staff turnover, if I remember announcements from the end of the year correctly. So we might have one or two new faces among the teachers."
    Izumi waves back, and when her coffee comes, sips at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, they start next week, sensei Tanigawa, it is the time you have to make yourself confortable here."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria

"I... see. Well, at least it ought to be interesting, I hope?" Val chuckles.
    Kaito smiles and nods.

"Indeed. I think they will be. And if you're having any trouble, feel free to ask for help. I'm kind of an unofficial tutor at the school; I'm always willing to help a fellow student. So long as they're willing to work with me."

His offer is sincere, holding no implications or assumptions of inferiority.

At this point, Val may notice that the book he's reading is written in English, not Japanese.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani nodded. He still had plenty of time then. Guess he'd just get stuff set up, and then head out to do what he was really here to do.

"Alright, thanks. Guess I should just look the place over, and figure out where everything is."

21. - Top - End - #81

Why do you exist at all?

What are you looking for?

What do you hope to accomplish by this?

Why not just... move on?

Because that will destroy what I have become. Everything I have worked for, lost.

What good is it to live again if I lose who I am?

How could I even call that me?

I will persist.

I will survive.

I will consume.

But most of all, I will remember.

Remember what I have done. Why I remained behind. What I sacrificed in doing so.

I will remember who I am. And I will never give that up.

Never.

This isn't for vengeance.

No...

Vengeance is a very... hollow... motivation.

This is for self-preservation.

My heart may be gone.

But my mind is not.

There may be a hole in my soul.

But I can fill it with more than just hunger.

Who are you?

I am me.

An old abandoned warehouse

"Geeze, this seems like a weird place to deliver a package," mumbles one UPS worker to another as the pair maneuver the large wooden crate out of the truck and onto a dolly for transport. "I mean, no one lives here. No one works here. Something's just strange about all this."

"Pffah, you think too much. Just stuff it and do your job."

With a clunk the crate is dropped into place and wheeled on into the open loading dock. The inside is all but deserted. Dark, dusty. But thankfully dry. Which means no mildew. Mildew smells unpleasant.

The floor is caked with grit and grim. Old rusted out machinery sits in corners, neglected and forgotten. A single florescent lamp flickers intermittently, sending ghostly shadows slinking between corded steel support columns.

"Geeze, this place gives me the creeps. Bet you it's haunted," the more talkative of the pair mutters as the crate is shrugged off the dolly and drops to the floor with a resounding bang.

Thankfully 'fragile' isn't printed on the side. Otherwise that might have been a disaster.

"Hey, what's the name of that medium on TV? You think he could come and exorcise this place?"

"Stuff it man, it's just an old building. Now we just need to get a signature and we'll go."

There comes a sudden sound of bending nails and groaning wood from behind the pair. And in the split second it takes to turn the crate has been rent open and packing straw strewn everywhere.

"W-w-what was that?" and so a cautious glance is taken of the now empty crate. "It's gone? I didn't see a-a-nyone! See! I told you this place is haunted! Let's get the hell out of he-"

This time around the more skeptical of the workers seems inclined to agree. Both make undue haste toward the door, feet skidding and slipping on the gravely floor. Thankfully they manage to make it to the door without stumbling over their own feet.

Or... at least most of the way to the door...

A figure now stands between them, silhouetted from behind by the bright summer sun. A figure in a plain brown duster, clothed heavily from head to toe despite the heat.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen," comes a rattling, hollow voice from the Coat Man. "Thank you both for delivering my package. If you like I can sign for that now."

He holds out one gloved hand to accept the clipboard in the worker's quivering arms.

"Ah-ah-ah..."

"Oh good heavens, you're that shaken because a normal chap opened a box in a poorly lit room? Give me that," and the board is snatched away and scribbled on before being thrust back into the fellow's arms.

"Are... are you a... Are you a ghost?"

"A ghost?" the Coat Man replies with a dry laugh. "Superstitious nonsense."

The delivery men give a nervous chuckle before hurrying off, feeling rather ill at ease in the presence of that odd stranger and the equally spooky warehouse.

And so they're gone.

And the Coat Man watches as they depart. "A ghost? Oh heavens no," he sighs to no one in general. "No..." one hand rises to remove his glasses. "No, being a ghost..." revealing a featureless face below. "...would be a much simpler existence."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Silva finishes up her tea and leaves the payment on the table as she heads for the door.

Once outside, she glances around a little. Then, she closes her eyes and takes a breath.

Okay Medric. Where are they?

After a moment, she opens her eyes again, and heads down the street. She gets about three buildings down, then turns into the alley that is there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    - Time Warp -

Donovan snaps out of it, suddenly rising to his feet behind the counter.

"Right! Ava and I are the ones you hand the orders to, and then you return to colect afterwards! You are hired, welcome to the Venti Buon!"

Donovan shakes Rosa's hand before turning to the requests.

"So many bount is it not?"

"Shut it Jammerlich."
    Rosa straightened herself up as Donovan got up. She shook his hand with a solid grip. "Thank you very much sir. So far, we've got on the order a green tea, no additives, an Irish coffee, or the blackest espresso we have, preferably treble shot, a..." She continues listing the order, rattling off items with pinpoint clarity. After she is done listing the items, she says, "By the way, I don't think I introduced myself. My full name is Rosa Blanca Wilson-Albarez, but most people call me Rosa." She then serves any drinks or other items prepared to the people who ordered them.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Firbolg in the Playground

Soshi sniffs at the air, the hair on the back of his neck standing on end. The evening breeze smelled troubling. He had since ceased worrying about the spike in his senses, his eye sight now better at night, his nose picking up exotic and strange smells. And the prickle he on his skin when the hateful princess was around, or others like her.

That sensation was growing stronger these days, strange feelings popping up all over the city, some deep as wells while others were shallow static on the radio of city life. He snarled despite himself, his hands clenching as another wave of revulsion swept through him. He slowly slid the phone out of his pocket. He glances around, ducking into another alley, growling as the phone started to ring.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Rosa straightened herself up as Donovan got up. She shook his hand with a solid grip. "Thank you very much sir. So far, we've got on the order a green tea, no additives, an Irish coffee, or the blackest espresso we have, preferably treble shot, a..." She continues listing the order, rattling off items with pinpoint clarity. After she is done listing the items, she says, "By the way, I don't think I introduced myself. My full name is Rosa Blanca Wilson-Albarez, but most people call me Rosa." She then serves any drinks or other items prepared to the people who ordered them.
    "Ah... Ehe that's quite the name... Welcome aboard Rosa."

Donovan turns around, starting to fiddle with the things behind the counter, swiftly readying the requests.

"Here it goes, deliver away!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #86

[Sakura Park]

It is, of course, far too late in the year to view the blossoms. They've long since fallen, a curtain of delicate pink that once graced this gentle landscape. But no... No, now they're gone. Fallen to the earth. Browned and bruised. Rotted away. A memory. A breath of vapor in the wind.

So much like life.

Explode into being in a riot of life and vibrancy-

-for but a season.

Now simply food for mold.

Is it sad? Futility and the inevitability of decay...

Or should the beauty be remembered, that brief burst of color cherished?

"Maybe a bit of both," mutters the fellow in a worn old duster as he tosses a handful of crumbs to the greedily snapping mouths of duck and koi alike. He's been there for... some time now. Certainly not in any hurry to exhaust the contents of that brown paper sack. "Maybe a bit of both... Heavens me, maybe I just think too much. What about you?"

He shakes the bag at a nearby water-fowl. "What do you think? Is there any meaning behind all-" he sweeps his free hand at the surrounding park. At the city. The island. The world. And all the unseen realms that wait just beyond the limits of perception. "-this?"

The large white duck bobs its head up and down whilst wiggling its tail feathers in anticipation of further crumbs.

"I had thought you might say that," the Coat Man replies with a dry chuckle.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Mortal World

Michiko

Blue eyes blink rapidly for a moment when the cellphone laying on her night stand begins to rumble, sitting up as as the little screen on the front of it lights up with the information on the caller.

Soshi? Why would he be calling me this late?

Quickly she snatches up the phone, casting a glance towards her bedroom door as she lets it ring a couple more times. Finally she takes a deep breath to steady her mind before flipping it open and accepting the call.

"Soshi, what's the problem?" she asks briskly, settling into the familiar mind-set needed to direct a band of delinquents about and get away with it.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Ava stands behind Donovan, helping him where ever she can. When Donovan has the order up, and announces it is ready, Ava takes the tray and hands it over to Rosa, smiling (though the smile looks kind of odd on her face.) When she hands it over, she crooks her head, and whispers a single word.

"Mine."

She drops the smile for a second, and stares at Rosa plainly, or perhaps challengingly, before returning to the kitchen.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

Blue eyes blink rapidly for a moment when the cellphone laying on her night stand begins to rumble, sitting up as as the little screen on the front of it lights up with the information on the caller.

Soshi? Why would he be calling me this late?

Quickly she snatches up the phone, casting a glance towards her bedroom door as she lets it ring a couple more times. Finally she takes a deep breath to steady her mind before flipping it open and accepting the call.

"Soshi, what's the problem?" she asks briskly, settling into the familiar mind-set needed to direct a band of delinquents about and get away with it.
    Soshi exhales loudly, snickering to himself.

"Aww..can't I just call to say hello Michi-chaaa-"

Loud coughing explodes over the reciver, followed by hacking and some clanging, as if trash can's are being knocked over.

"T-The cccity is l-lighting up...s-omething's in the city...b-biggg...w-will investigate....l-lots...lots of pp-people...w-with powers here..."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria

"Oh, no offense, probably not... my mom home schooled me, and she always made sure to push me. She wouldn't accept anything less than straight A's." Val grins nervously. "...so, Kaito... what class are you in?"

Hibiki

Hibiki arrives at the school, dressed in a navy blue business suit, and wearing a pair of glasses. By his side is a professional-looking suitcase. Wasting no time, he strides through the halls, looking for his room... or, rather, the principal.

...though, a nagging desire of his somehow leads him to the pool, instead. ...Ok, that's cool, but you have really got to stop doing that.

It isn't as if this soul resisted the urge to follow one's spirit's beckoning., Watatsumi replies, teasingly.

...oh, shush. I've got work to do.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!