New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

[Class 1-2]

Yawning, Ryo made his way towards the classroom door. As soon as he got there however, he immediately became an alert and attentive student, ready to learn, however late he might have been. Bowing to the teacher, he said in a cheerful tone, "Good morning, sensei, please excuse my tardiness." Izumi asked him to take out the lip ring, but she wasn't here to make him. Maybe he should have listened, "My friend, Izumi also wanted me to express her regret for not attending school today, she's not feeling well." he continued. Not a lie exactly, just an understatement. She was injured from a run-in with a hollow last night. He was able to patch her up, but she still needed rest.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

[School, Room 1-2]

Sora blinks as the water runs down his face, hitting his eye. Shaking his head to get rid of the water, he goes back to trying not to be noticed in the corner.

It's not working very well. When people try not to be notice, they tend to be noticeable. And when a Shinigami enters the room, Sora is very noticeable.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

As students finally start filing in in greater numbers, Sören sits down , putting his feet on the desk.

"It's all right, come on in. Not like I'm going to devour your souls or anything. Sit."

"Shh. Alright class, I am your new homeroom teacher Sören Stein - that is, with your typical name order, Stein Sören. I'll do a quick roll call in a second and follow it up with something to help me put names and personalities to faces a bit better, but first, my one personal rule that I shall expect everyone to adhere to in addition to the school's own: unless there's another adult around, you do not call me sensei. Use whichever of my names and whichever honorific you feel most comfortable with, but just don't use sensei. It makes me feel old."

With a quick heave, he has left his seat and is standing on his desk, whereupon he stomps his foot and the paperwork piled there is sent skyward. Sören grabs one of the pieces of paper and withdraws a pen from his jacket pocket.

"Alright, roll call. Amagi, Yumi... Aoki, Yuudai... Ichijo, Kou... Kondo, Sayaka... Inagawa-kai, Michiko... Nagase, Daisuke... Ozawa, Hisano... Sasaki, Ayaka... and finally, Williams, Beck."

((I threw in a few more random names. Don't why, but I figure potential plot hooks >.>))
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-08-07 at 11:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1054

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Hibiki shrugs. "Just don't let it happen again." With that, he turns back to the class... and pulls out a squirt gun in the blink of an eye, squirting Sora square in the forehead.
    Nakahiro chuckles softly as this happens.

"... Wada Nakahiro..."
    Nakahiro, who hadn't really been paying attention, jumps in surprise at the half-heard mention of his name, then flails a bit to regain his balance in his seat.

"Present! I mean, accounted for, er..."

Losing his balance completely, Nakahiro falls out of his chair with a loud crash. He sheepishly pulls himself back up and slinks down into it.

"I'm here."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

[Room 2-3]
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    "Sasaki, Ayaka..."
    "Present." Ayaka says, pulling a book from her bag.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai

The delinquent boy just raises his hand quietly, not making eye contact.

7. - Top - End - #1057

[School, Class 1-2]

Sora grins at Nakahiro's fall, and reflects on how well he's done at what he was trying to accomplish when he first realized what he was.

"Let's see... I've pretty much isolated myself from those around me, apart from Izumi, but I gave up on that a while ago. I've convinced most of the class I'm crazy, and I've somehow managed to completely isolate myself from those around me."

He leans back in his chair, his smile fading as he contemplates this.

"I guess... I did good."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

"Inagawa-kai, Michiko."
    Michiko

Michiko, for the most part, ignores the foreigner's speech in favor of looking through her school-bag to ensure that everything was in order. That was very important business after all, making sure that everything is in it's proper place for easy access to it. Course when her name comes up in the roll-call the...oddly dressed student raises her hand on instinct.

"Present Stein-san." she says crisply, still not looking up. If anything she seems to be impatiently tapping her foot against the ground, waiting for this introduction to end.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

School, The First Day

Kina was shaking. She could feel her body trembling as she walked. It was normal, she told herself. It was normal to feel totally and completely alien. Her steps seemed to slow down at the thought, and when she realized it she mentally kicked herself back into walking. No matter what, she had to go to school. She had to go, even if just to forget for a second about her own life.

Traffic began to flow ahead, stopping Kina in her tracks. Without thinking, she looked down to find her hand red with exertion, trembling and crushing something between the fingers. Her hand immediately loosens upon being noticed, almost as if a shock had run through it. A silver cross, laced with blue inlay, dangled from her wrist. In her hand, the cross's imprint had implanted itself, crushed into her palm by her own nerves. Kina massaged her hand for a few moments, trying to get the pain to subside.

Up ahead, the school shined in the light, obvious to Kina's vision. She mentally pushed herself forward, her own legs trying to stop out of fear. Even though she knew it would be fine, she knew no one would notice, she knew that nothing could possibly bother her in school, there was this feeling of apprehension in her entire body. It was not her home. She knew no one here. But she knew it was going to be okay. Kina sighed.

The door swung open. Kina held her bag close to her chest out of safety, looking around a lot and trying to watch others go about their day normally. Despite wearing the uniform, Kina just didn't fit in, and she knew it. The way she walked, the way she turned her head, the way her eyes jumped from face to face. Everything was off.

Kina made her way toward the door to class. Absentmindedly, her eyes darted to her left wrist. Her watch glared back at her. With a time two minutes later than it should have been. Without thinking, Kina began moving at a run, charging through the mostly clear hallway towards her class.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken Go - School

Ken was likewise nervous about starting a new school year and anxious to get to class but he held neither qualities in equal measure compared to Kina. He arrived late simply because his alarm clock failed to go off and he had overslept as a result. He always dreaded the time leading up to the first day of school, however he consistently found that he handled it quite well for all his worrying. He planned to follow his standard routine of picking a seat as far back as possible and silently waiting until class was over. He'd largely remain quiet for the next couple of days observing his fellow students for a while to see what they were like before engaging any of them in significant conversation. At least that was the initial plan, but now as he walked briskly down the hall he saw the bespectacled girl running in his direction and decided to be uncharacteristically forward as he sped up to meet her a short ways from the door. "Hey, I'm Go Ken. If 1-2 is also your class why don't we just take it easy and go in together at the exact same time? We'll draw less attention to ourselves if we casually go in simultaneously instead of individually." Ken asked just as much for her benefit as his own. He felt a bit bad for her since he thought she looked pretty flustered and figured he could kill two birds with one stone by getting on someone's good side while making his entrance a little less awkward.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-07 at 06:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - School

"Oh, um...Hi." Kina lifts a hand and waves nervously at Ken as he introduces himself. "I'm Yoshimoto Kina." She looks through her bag and pulls out a piece of paper. "Um...Class 1-2, yeah. Do I...have to introduce myself to the class? I'm new in town..." She looks away as she speaks, apparently unable to look Ken in the eyes despite his kindness.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-08-07 at 04:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken Go - School

If Kina were to briefly glance straight at Ken she would easily notice that he was also avoiding direct eye contact. Though he largely faced her his gaze was focused on something to her side. "Well, I don't know. I guess we might. If we have to I think we'd be told to so just don't volunteer if you don't want to. I definitely don't." Ken paused for a moment worrying that what he said next might be a little too presumptuous and direct. "We could try to take seats beside each other if you'd like." He definitely sounded somewhat hesitant as he spoke.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-07 at 06:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - School

Kina nods, then turns to look at Ken directly. "Yeah...That'd be okay. Thanks, Ken." She absentmindedly brings a hand up and pulls her hair back behind her ear. "Should...we go?" She motions toward the door with a slight point. Her eyes glance to the side slightly, then she pulls her arm back, hiding it behind her other. For a moment, the cross on her bracelet was visible.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School - Class 1-2]

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro, who hadn't really been paying attention, jumps in surprise at the half-heard mention of his name, then flails a bit to regain his balance in his seat.

"Present! I mean, accounted for, er..."

Losing his balance completely, Nakahiro falls out of his chair with a loud crash. He sheepishly pulls himself back up and slinks down into it.

"I'm here."
    Kaito turns around in his chair, concern on his face.

"You alright, Nakahiro?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken Go - Class 1-2

"Sure, I'll go in just ahead of you." He took a few more steps matching Kina's pace and upon reaching the entrance he surveyed the classroom for a second before swiftly making his way to a corner of the room close to the exit and sitting down.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-07 at 06:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck raised her hand and gave it a wave without looking up. I'm here, Mr. Stein. She said, loud enough to be heard from the back, when her name was called.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [School - Class 1-2]

Kaito turns around in his chair, concern on his face.

"You alright, Nakahiro?"
    [School - Class 1-2]

Nakahiro gives a sheepish thumbs up.

"I'm good."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, roll call. Amagi, Yumi... Aoki, Yuudai... Ichijo, Kou... Kondo, Sayaka... Inagawa-kai, Michiko... Nagase, Daisuke... Ozawa, Hisano... Sasaki, Ayaka... and finally, Williams, Beck."
    Sayaka
    [2-3 class]

It is a bitter morning and still very hot for them, but Sayaka sits at the edge of the room by the hall windows. She has a neutral expression, but she also does not look at the teacher. When he calls her name, she stiffly raises a hand.

"Yes." She replied.

Again it seemed she would be in the same room as Michiko. Still, Sayaka kept her calm expression as she waited. Her thoughts on the teacher, if she had any to note, were completely hidden in her mind.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-08-08 at 02:52 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [School - Class 1-2]

Nakahiro gives a sheepish thumbs up.

"I'm good."
    [School - Class 1-2]

Kaito just shakes his head with a smile and turns around in his seat to face forward once more.

'Definitely going to be an interesting year...'
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken Go - Class 1-2

"Sure, I'll go in just ahead of you." He took a few more steps matching Kina's pace and upon reaching the entrance he surveyed the classroom for a second before swiftly making his way to a corner of the room close to the exit and sitting down.
    Kina Yoshimoto - Class 1-2

Kina nods and follows Ken into class, attempting to sneak into the room totally unnoticed. However, her foot catches on one of the desks and she stumbles slightly. Her silent patter becomes a slight set of audible taps for a moment, then she returns to simply walking. After a couple steps, Kina sat down quietly to Ken's left and leaned her bag against the chair.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

School - Class 1-2

Aki watched Kina enter the classroom. Her look wasn't suprised or curious. Unlike most of the students, she knew exactly who Kina was. She smiled pleasantly, but in that look were plans.

Welcome Kina. I hope you are ready.

But for now, Aki held her tonuge.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Orc in the Playground

[School - Class 1-2]

Hibiki eyes Kina, Ken, and Ryo entering the class, and squirts all of them in the foreheads with his water gun. "You're tardy. Names?" His eyes narrow behind his glasses.

"...I'll let you get of with a warning, however, there will be problems if you make a habit of being late."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-08-10 at 07:34 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

School - Class 1-2

"Go Ken. Sorry, it won't become a habit," said Ken indifferently. He naturally thought his teacher looked strange, but then again, so did he. Maybe he had some sort of developmental disorder. He didn't want to unnecessarily anger him by asking. Maybe this was a prank by the rest of the class. He didn't really care. So what if it appeared they had tricked him into obediently answering a child unknowingly? If this was a practical joke it was a pretty lame one and they should feel ashamed for trying it.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-09 at 05:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1074

School - Class 1-2

Role call was almost over, but there was still two students not present. Takara and Erima. Perhaps they are absent on the first day. How disgraceful.

The door bursts open and Takara rushes into the room, her uniform dirty and ruffled and a long scarf tied around her neck, despite the warm weather. She comes to a stop, realizing she was interrupting the class. She turns to her teacher and bows deeply.

"Forgive me, Sensei (is this the right honorific? I think so...)! I was on the way to the bus when I noticed what I thought was a gold coin on the other side of the street. I went to get it and slip, then fell into the ditch on the side of the road where my foot got caught in a root. Turns out the coin was a candy wrapper, too. Well, I got out, but had missed the bus, so I tried to run so I could catch the train, but I took a wrong turn and ended up having to run the entire way here! I took a shortcut, but I went the wrong way and got chased by this big dog and and and..."

She breaths hard. At least the running part of her story was true.

"And Erima is..."

She stops and fumbles with her scarf for a moment.

"She won't show up till later... She's... sick!"

Sorry Erima... I should have taken you off in the hallway...
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Orc in the Playground

[School - Classroom 1-2]

Hibiki blinks repeatedly, and fights off the urge to facepalm. After the initial fluster wears off, he squirts the girl in her forehead, examining her closely. Something about her pinged his spiritual sense, but he couldn't be sure what... curious. However, he mustered up his usual professional monotone.

"Well, perhaps you should learn to value education over the promise of instant gratification through fortuitous circumstance. Don't let it happen again."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #1076

[Takara]

"Y-yes Sensei!"

She bows again then heads to one of the last desks open and takes a seat.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

[School - Clasroom 1-2]

Hibiki coughs, pausing for a moment. "Are there any other late arrivals I should be aware of?" He seems to be addressing no one in particular.

Valeria turns to Takara with a smile. "...I like your scarf."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #1078

[Takara]

"Thanks. She- It, was my grandmother's."

She smiles back.
    Last edited by Purple Rose; 2010-08-10 at 12:49 AM.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    School - Class 1-2

"Forgive me, Sensei (is this the right honorific? I think so...)! I was on the way to the bus when I noticed what I thought was a gold coin on the other side of the street. I went to get it and slip, then fell into the ditch on the side of the road where my foot got caught in a root. Turns out the coin was a candy wrapper, too. Well, I got out, but had missed the bus, so I tried to run so I could catch the train, but I took a wrong turn and ended up having to run the entire way here! I took a shortcut, but I went the wrong way and got chased by this big dog and and and..."

She breaths hard. At least the running part of her story was true.

"And Erima is..."

She stops and fumbles with her scarf for a moment.

"She won't show up till later... She's... sick!"

Sorry Erima... I should have taken you off in the hallway...
    [Erima] (Class 1-2)
    [A certain scarf around Takara's neck]

"It's okay." Takara heard Erima's echoing, resigned voice in her head. "I should have woken sooner. Then I could have tried to wake you." She said sleepily.

Of course, earlier when they had been coming to school, Erima had been much more annoyed and talkative. Especially when Takara took her 'detouring.' But now, well, what can a scarf do but try and make the wearer look cute enough to get off with a warning?

"Tomorrow though, we will start waking up earlier. Oh...Takara... You're uniform is a mess! And I'm dirty too! This is NOT how the first day should be." She complained silently to Takara.

And yet, actually somehow it was very in character, Erima thought. At least one student in the class had complimented her. Or Takara? She wasn't sure.

(to use 'sensei' is good )
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-08-10 at 04:49 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Barbarian in the Playground

[School - Class 1-2]

Hibiki eyes Kina, Ken, and Ryo entering the class, and squirts all of them in the foreheads with his water gun. "You're tardy. Names?" His eyes narrow behind his glasses.

"...I'll let you get of with a warning, however, there will be problems if you make a habit of being late."
    Ryo simply replies, making another bow, "Kuroda Ryo, sir." Still smiling, he wipes his face off and goes off to take a seat. He thinks to himself, that was... weird... how does this guy get away with stuff like that? Or maybe its common here in the mortal world? Why didn't Izumi warn me? His dismay doesn't show on his face however, and he simply sits at his desk obediently, still smiling.