New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria

"Oh, no offense, probably not... my mom home schooled me, and she always made sure to push me. She wouldn't accept anything less than straight A's." Val grins nervously. "...so, Kaito... what class are you in?"
    Kaito shrugged.

"That's fine. And I'm sure she just wants you to succeed. I know my folks pushed me pretty hard early on; they just want me to succeed. and I'm in class 1-2."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-06-14 at 11:04 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Soshi exhales loudly, snickering to himself.

"Aww..can't I just call to say hello Michi-chaaa-"

Loud coughing explodes over the reciver, followed by hacking and some clanging, as if trash can's are being knocked over.

"T-The cccity is l-lighting up...s-omething's in the city...b-biggg...w-will investigate....l-lots...lots of pp-people...w-with powers here..."
    It takes a moment before there is a reply, the time it takes for Michiko to process what she had just been told. People? How many has he found? More importantly...had they found him?

"Soshi, where are you?" Michiko says plainly, even as she strides across her wide room to grab hold of a robe and pull it on over her shoulders, somewhat difficultly with one hand holding the phone to her ear, "What are you doing, and what are they doing?"

Already she was thinking up Yuudai's phone number and what he might be doing at this hour. The goof-ball should be free, he rarely had extremely 'organized' plans for anything.

"...Are you in danger?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

"They're not doing anything. And I'm looking for food, and some money if ya reaaaally gotta know..."

Soshi starts laughing, his voice dropping lower.

"Danger? Of course I'm not in danger...what could possibly hurt me? They're just going about their lives, ripe for the picking! Isn't this what you wanted me to do Michi-chan?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

As Ava hands her the the tray, Rosa notices the apparent attempt at intimidation on Ava's part. Her face briefly becomes more blank at the whisper, but quickly reverts back to a warm smile. "Alright, I will be back in a moment!" She then makes the rounds serving drinks to their owners, asking them if they wanted anything else, as well as taking the orders of any new customers. Of course, when a new tray is set out, she takes it, sets the empty tray aside, and does it all again.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito shrugged.

"That's fine. And I'm sure she just wants you to succeed. I know my folks pushed me pretty hard early on; they just want me to succeed. and I'm in class 1-2."
    "Oh, really?" Val perks up in surprise. "Me, too! That's kind of weird..." She chuckles, looking to the book for a moment as she sips her tea. <...Do you speak English, too?>
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh, really?" Val perks up in surprise. "Me, too! That's kind of weird..." She chuckles, looking to the book for a moment as she sips her tea. <...Do you speak English, too?>
    Kaito chuckles.

<I do, among other languages. But English and Japanese better than the others. This is just a book I'm reading on the side. Political science, just the basics.

And it is weird, but...it's not that big of a school, I suppose.
    >

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looks over at the comment about class 1-2. "I'm in 1-2 as well..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

<I guess not. Hey, uh...> Val digs in one of her pockets, pulling out a fairly nice phone. <This might seem a little sudden, but, uh... do you want my number? ...uh, just because we're in the same class, and all. I, uh... think you're really cool, perhaps we could be friends?> She blushes heavily.

...and blinks, as Izumi speaks up. "Oh, really? Cool. Oh... I'm Abel Valeria. But you can just call me Val. You are?..."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-15 at 12:07 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"My name's Hayashi Izumi. It's a pleasure to meet you, Val-san."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

<I guess not. Hey, uh...> Val digs in one of her pockets, pulling out a fairly nice phone. <This might seem a little sudden, but, uh... do you want my number? ...uh, just because we're in the same class, and all. I, uh... think you're really cool, perhaps we could be friends?> She blushes heavily.

...and blinks, as Izumi speaks up. "Oh, really? Cool. Oh... I'm Abel Valeria. But you can just call me Val. You are?..."
    Kaito turns as red as a beet. He takes a moment to dig out his cell phone. It's much simpler, a flip-open model with a simple keypad; it doesn't even have a camera. It does look pretty rugged, however.

<Oh..um. Yeah, sure. I'd like to think we could be friends, yeah. Here you go.>

He gives her his number...

"Hey Izumi. Hold on, let me make room."

With that, Kaito scoots his chair over a bit, gesturing for Izumi to pull one over so the three of them are at the same table. He shifts his bookbag, placing his book inside of it. No point trying to read now.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-06-15 at 02:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi pulls her chair over, and smiles at the two of them. "So, how long has it been since you arrived here, Val?"
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-15 at 12:15 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

"Nice to meet you, Izumi."

"Oh, I'm that apparent, huh..." Val chuckles nervously, as she closes her phone and puts it back in her pocket. "Just today, actually. I, uh... just figured I'd get out of the way while mom helped the movers."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your Japanese is quite good, but there is a noticeable accent in it.

Good thing you found this place. I'd say it's the best cafe in town, although the owners behave like they're out of an anime of some kind at times..."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-15 at 12:31 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito nodded at Val's words as he polished off his juice.

"I understand how that can be, not wanting to be underfoot. We've moved a couple of times, though not quite the same distance.

As for your accent...I don't think it's anything to worry about. The people who will be jerks will be jerks. You know there are, at absolute minimum, two friendly people in your class. I'm sure you'll make more friends.
    "

He glanced around the cafe at Izumi's comments about the staff.

"You're...not totally wrong, Izumi. Not totally wrong..."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Val smiles again. "Well... thanks. I hope I do make more friends... it's something I've always wanted, after all..."

Blushing a bit, she then reacts to the comment about the staff with a bit of confused blinking. "...well, I guess they could be considered a little odd... but I think they're funny."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

As Rosa came around to Izumi, she noticed that she had moved to the table with the girl that Donovan pointed to at first. She swung around and gently set the coffee down on the table "Here you go." She then looked towards Val, her face a little more cheery than before. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help overhearing that you just came into town today. I just want to say, welcome to Phoenix Town. As a local, I can say with confidence that you will enjoy your stay." Her face then turns almost apologetic. "I also want to apologize if I made you uncomfortable earlier. I didn't realize that such a crowd was forming at the time. Blame tunnel vision for that." She almost chuckles, then returns back to her normal appearance. After recieving any responses (and maybe even responding back, but briefly, after all she is at work), she says a quick "Would you like anything else?" to everyone at the table and then, after recieving the orders, goes about her business.

(OOC: Sorry horngeek about the sequence breaking. Is it alright with you?)
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-06-15 at 01:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Val smiles at Rosa, as well. "Oh... thank you. Is everyone this nice here?" She shakes her head in response to Rosa's worries. "No, no, it's all right. I'm not bothered..."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Rosa smiles in return. "You're welcome. I can't vouch for everyone, but I am sure that you will find most of the people here are pleasant, if a bit more...interesting than what you may be used to. I'm glad I didn't cause you any trouble." She then motions to everyone. "Can I get any of you anything else?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "They're not doing anything. And I'm looking for food, and some money if ya reaaaally gotta know..."

Soshi starts laughing, his voice dropping lower.

"Danger? Of course I'm not in danger...what could possibly hurt me? They're just going about their lives, ripe for the picking! Isn't this what you wanted me to do Michi-chan?"

"Hey, young mister!"
    , a voice comes from the mouth of the alleyway. If Soshi turns to look, he'll see a woman, dressed in suit and a tie, holding a folded map on her left hand, the other resting on her waist... young or old, is hard to tell. She's at least a head taller than him, and looks similarly ill and tired. Despite her non-threatening posture and a sorry smile on her face, there's something about her that makes the young man feel like he should be running for his life.

"I'm sorry, did I disrupt something important?"
    , the woman asks, tilting her head to the side. She doesn't sound entirely sincere. "I'm new here, and am a little lost... I thought a local could help me find my way around. Could you tell me where, say, the nearest cafeteria is?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #110

Soshi does turn, grinning wildly.

"Speaking of dinner. I just found it."

He clicks the phone shut, the spiritual pressure either not having any effect, or at the very least the man having powered through it somehow. In return, the "woman" could feel Soshi's own reiatsu starting to bleed from his body as his eyes grow black, orange pin pricks forming as they cast their light in the dark alley.

"Nearest cafeteria? Oh no no no....you won't need that. Its right here!!!!"

He laughs wildly, haunching over as a mask forms across his face. He launchs himself at the woman, the mask breaking along his mouth into a wide tooth filled grin, a long tongue snaking out between the jaws.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-15 at 06:15 AM.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

The woman recoils in terror and stumbles back as the young man lunges at her... but then, she catches Soshi from collar of his clothes, plants her feet against his chest and falls backwards, throwing the masked attacker over herself and out of the alley.

"Don't get your hopes up, whelp", she says with a harsh voice, quickly rolling to her feet and facing Soshi again, adopting a ready stance. "When it comes to ambushing people in the dark, I've got a couple centuries more experience than you." Her dark eyes are filled with utter contempt as she glares at the boy - at this point, Soshi might notice her nails are black and strangely claw-like. If he isn't too consumed by his hunger, that is.

22. - Top - End - #112

Soshi continues to giggle as he stands, cracking his shoulders and neck as he glares at the woman.

"Hehehe....Michi-chan will want you...but she never said she wanted whole people. Give me your arms and legs at least."

He suddenly crouchs, his mouth opening impossibly wide as a dark orange sphere forms in front of his mouth. With a low hum, the orange orb launchs at the woman.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

The woman's eyes shoot wide open as she watches energy gathering to the man's mouth. Split second before the orb launches at her, she dives forward and below the blast, rolling towards Soshi. The gathered energy flies through the alley, illuminating the darkness as it goes before crashing against a wall with a resounding crack.

"Pitiful young fool!", the woman snarls through gritted teeth as she stand on her hands at the end of the roll, aiming two rapid, whirling kicks against Soshi's chin, both strong enough to crack his mask and dislodge his jaw.

24. - Top - End - #114

Soshi makes only a small sound of surprise as he's knocked clear off his feet and to the other side of the road, crashing into the pavement of the side walk with a loud gasp. He stands, far less amused and clearly in pain as chips of his mask fall to his feet. Blood flows freely from his mouth, now hanging open in a loose smirk.

"Y-You can't have him...he's mine...hahahahaha!!"

He suddenly surges into the air, bouncing to the roof tops before whirling, a long sinuous tail emerging into view. The tail's end suddenly falls away, revealing a gapping hole which quickly begins to glow the same bright orange energy as before.

"Die..."

A series of powerful bala launch forth at the woman, spinning through the air viciously.
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

The woman does admirable job at sidestepping the blast, but a human body just isn't made to dodge bullets. The last one hits her square in the chest, burning a hole through her clothes and knocking her back against a wall behind her. She slumps down limply, either unconscious or dead.

As expected. No discipline. No grace. I should kill him right here, right now.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-15 at 09:22 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Soshi pants loudly, dropping down to the street once more, giggling loudly to himself. Suddenly his arm lifts up as he springs into the air, shattering his mask. He slumps to the ground, panting heavily as he tries to stand despite his injuries.

"N-Noo...M-Michi-chan will want to look at her....Gotta...get out of here before police c-come..."

He groggily moves across the street, the car's long since having cleared the area from the exploding pavement. He grabs the woman by the leg, trying to haul her into the alley.
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

The woman is limp and light as a rag doll, and Soshi finds it easy to drag her lifeless body to the shadows. However, after their view to the open street is gone, his movements become slow and he'll find it hard to breath, as if he's submerged in cold water. Taste of salt and lye fill his mouth, and visions flash by his eyes, images of dark clouds rolling over the horizon and ashen rain falling on burning cities...

Then, from the darkness of the street, a white hand emerges, grabbing the man by the throat and and pressing him against a wall. Black claws dig into his flesh as it then hoists him upwards, to the height of ten feet, at least.

"Just what, pray tell me...", a tall, white figure begins, its mouth a skeletal grin and its eyes like windows to the void of space, "... do you think you're doing with my body?"

28. - Top - End - #118

Soshi tries to form his mask, coughing and struggling in the grip of the massive hand, coughing and gasping for breath. He lifts his hand feebely, a bala launching into the hand, but clearly without force or power behind it as it merely turns to smoke. His mask falls away from his face as he continues to struggle, his eyes growing black.

"S-She's mmine! H-He's mine!"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-15 at 10:07 AM.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

For a brief moment, the tall form just stares at the struggling youth. Then, it lets out a piercing laughter, one that chills Soshi to his bones. Unnervingly, the voice seems not to come from its body, as it does not open its mouth - instead, it seems to echo from very air itself, like whispers from the void.

"Please. You're like a child, trying to deny a king"
    , the figure mocks. It loosens its grip slightly... and then slams Soshi to the opposite wall; there's a disgusting crack, more likely coming from the boy's ribs than from the concrete behind him.

"You have no say on what belongs to whom - you lack the power to do so. I, on the other hand, don't", the horrible being says, bringing its face closer to Soshi's. "The moment I set my foot on this town, it has belonged to me. And I don't take kindly to those who don't agree. I was willing to give you benefit of doubt, but now I'm hard pressed to find a reason not to kill you where you stand."

30. - Top - End - #120

Soshi whimperes, his body alight with pain as he hangs limply in the beasts hand. He closes his eyes, his arm raising in feeble effort, clenching into a fist. It slowly pulses, quickly filling the alley with its vivid orange light before sputtering and dying. Soshi's eyes close slowly before suddenly, his mouth hangs agape, a massive orange cero blaring from his open maw, striking the looming beasts face that hangs ever close to his own and into the building behind him blowing a massive hole through it.

With the last of his energy spent, Soshi hangs in the massive hand, barely alive through the pain and bleeding.
    My Current Works