New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Two beady eyes become momentarily visible in the darkest corner of the room - just to blink in irritation. " Wuzzat? 'Yer Highness'? Since when ye turned to ruler of da goddamn world? Just ring da damn bell, so even da dimmest bulbs'll figure to go home already! Or will Ah hafta do dat mahself?"

Outside, dark clouds float over school grounds, and first drops of rain start drumming the school roof, first as a faint drizzle, but soon a raging downpour, drenching hapless students who happen to be on their way home. One can only wonder the cause of such sudden and depressing change in weather.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Orc in the Playground

[Hallways]

As Hibiki continues on his way, a continuous beeping noise heralds from his pocket. Quickly pulling the (apparent) cell-phone out, he lets out a curse; there were hollows incoming.

A fair number of them. His investigation would have to wait. He turns around and heads for his classroom at a sprint... After reaching the room, he grabs his bag and makes for outside. Pulling a old-looking badge out, he heads for a secluded bush far from the beaten path.

...And in a matter of minutes, the pint-sized shinigami is heading toward the approaching hoard. Well, this is certainly turning into an interesting first day... Though, in the downpour, his previously annoyed demeanor quickly dissipates, turning to a calm smugness.

Luckily, he'd bargained with that girl in the spiritual shop for one of those cloaks, so no one would get suspicious...

[Elsewhere...]

Viatrix looks up from the porch of her shop boredly, scoffing a bit at the downpour. <Damn weatherman... didn't say anything about rain...>, she remarks in German. She sniffs the air. Definitely smelled like hollows...

<EIRENE! Time to board up!> With a last look to the roiling clouds, she turns into the building, closing the fortified door she had installed for such occasions.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki

Aki popped her head out of the Bathroom, searching about until she was sure everyone was gone. The blackout that had such a visible effect on her classmates had been noticed by her as well of course, perhaps even more keenly then most. But she didn't collapse. She steeled herself for battle. In the chaos and the blackout, she had vanished, taking her bag with her. She emerged now, in Quincy Battle dress. Her cross hung around her neck, her Ginto and faux SS' hanging in bandoliers.

"Wrong school. Wrong place."

Until she hit the locked door. That was when the swearing began. Aki began to wander about the building trying doors. Looking for the Hollow she knew was here.

---

Tani

Tani was busy snoring. After all, it wasn't like he'd woken up.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina looks up and stops pacing at his comment. "Wh-what?" She blinks for a moment and then sits down and turns away, making herself as small as possible while sitting in the chair. "Um...th-thanks." Her foot taps continuously against the floor. "S-sorry for being...um...sorry."
    "And now I think you're adorable." Hibiki suddenly rushed in and grabbed his things. "I wonder what was so urgent he couldn't talk to us," said Ken, despite having an idea of what it might be.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-25 at 08:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Kina barely notices Hibiki run in, completely absorbed into the situation at hand. She notices her foot tapping and quietly silences it with careful positioning of her other foot directly on top. For several minutes, she sits in silence, not responding to Ken's questions at all. Then, she stands up, breathes deeply, and turns around. "Um...Ken? Do you...I mean...um...never mind." Immediately afterward, Kina sits back down and turns towards the front of the class again, laying her head in her arms and staring out the window.

It takes her a minute to process the opposite half of what just happened. She sits up with a jerk. "Wait, is something happening?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Two beady eyes become momentarily visible in the darkest corner of the room - just to blink in irritation. " Wuzzat? 'Yer Highness'? Since when ye turned to ruler of da goddamn world? Just ring da damn bell, so even da dimmest bulbs'll figure to go home already! Or will Ah hafta do dat mahself?"

Outside, dark clouds float over school grounds, and first drops of rain start drumming the school roof, first as a faint drizzle, but soon a raging downpour, drenching hapless students who happen to be on their way home. One can only wonder the cause of such sudden and depressing change in weather.
    Something large, white and plated hammers the floor behind Reene, a tail ending in a mouthlike structure. It is somewhat hazy and indistinct, as if only partially there.

And the same applies for the vast, ethereal, monstrosity that looms over her, mimicking her movements as she turns to face Souta.

"Since before your ancestors considered how abruptly their lineage would end, Mori Souta."

Still staring the newborn hollow down, Reene slams her open palm on a button on her table, ringing the bells to signal the end of the school day.

"Now go do your goddamn job."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Sora sits down at a table, the same one as Yoko. He taps his hand on a table, clearly impatient.

"Yoko, why are we here? This is just... A cafe, right? It's not anything important."

He glares sourly out the window, clearly wishing he was someplace else.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [Venti Buon]

Sora sits down at a table, the same one as Yoko. He taps his hand on a table, clearly impatient.

"Yoko, why are we here? This is just... A cafe, right? It's not anything important."

He glares sourly out the window, clearly wishing he was someplace else.
    "No no, it is a nexus for all things eerie, Sora-san. You see that man over there?" She points to a random person sitting at a table alone. "He's actually a nine headed dragon from the fourth dimension. The man on the other side of the cafe, the one sitting with the blonde woman, is an intergalactic politician, the woman is a powerful space pirate. Everyone in Pheonix City is in some way like them, you and I included. Kaito-san is actually a female demon named Mxyspltz. Don't tell her I said that, though." She stares at him blankly, years of lying allowing her to keep a straight face.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

"Looks like it, but we don't need to stay around and find out," said Ken in reference to the bells. "Want to just leave and ask our teacher about it tomorrow?" He had his suspicions, however he didn't feel much of an urge to confirm them with Kina around.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

"Um...I guess." Kina picks her bag off the ground and swings it onto her shoulder. "I...guess this was a weird first day, huh?" Kina smiles, for what is probably the first time since she's been at school. It's an awkward smile, but still a smile, one that comes naturally of its own accord. "So...where are we going?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eirene

Eirene began doing as asked, locking down anything that was fragile and making sure to secure all the windows. <Oh c'mon Vi. Is this all really necessary? It's probably going to calm down soon enough.>

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Halfling in the Playground

[Takara]

Takara is about to head up towards the roof when the sound of rain begins to reach her. She frowns.

"Looks like the roof is out. So, down it is!"

She turns and heads for the nearest set of stairs to head down towards the ground level.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix eyes Eirene. <The only thing worse than a thief is a hollow. Bastards don't give a damn about collateral damage... Don't you remember what happened last time!?> The bount girl fumes. <And it's not like I can hold them accountable for breaking my ****!> She finishes securing everything, making her way to the kitchen.

<Gah! Just thinking about this makes me want a drink!> She opens her booze fridge, surveying her options...
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-08-25 at 11:27 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: I assume we can go ahead with the whole locked in thing now.)

Ken shrugged. "I don't know. It's up to you. I guess we could check out that cafe or walk around the neighbourhood for a while since a lot of places will probably be new to you." He slipped his bag on and walked with her to the front exit. He tried to push the door open but it wouldn't budge. He then put some real force into it and gave up when it still refused to give. "Yup, it definitely seems like something is going on. Maybe other students are stuck in here like us. Why don't we look around for them?" There was no trace of panic in his voice, instead it was quite casual.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-25 at 11:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "No no, it is a nexus for all things eerie, Sora-san. You see that man over there?" She points to a random person sitting at a table alone. "He's actually a nine headed dragon from the fourth dimension. The man on the other side of the cafe, the one sitting with the blonde woman, is an intergalactic politician, the woman is a powerful space pirate. Everyone in Pheonix City is in some way like them, you and I included. Kaito-san is actually a female demon named Mxyspltz. Don't tell her I said that, though." She stares at him blankly, years of lying allowing her to keep a straight face.
    Sora gave her look that said "Pull the other one, it has bells on it." Because there's a fine, fine, line between believable and outright ass-pull. Yoko seemed to be doing fine at dancing around it all the time, but she just went way over the actual part of the line, and set off Sora's common sense.

"Of course they are Yoko-chan. And I'm actually a spiritually-empowered demon that gained the ability to cause widescale destruction on accident."

The look on his face implied such sarcasm, such blatant sarcasm, that there's only the slimmest chance that she'll actually believe him.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ettin in the Playground

[School]

The vengeful spirit of Mori Souta blinks again as he observes the phantasm flickering around the principal. It'd been bad enough to serve under her in life, what on earth would compel him to do so in death? The grumpy janitor barely stops himself from just lunging at her throat - some part of the once good-natured ghost still recognizes the woman before him as his employer, and it wouldn't be wise to bite a feeding hand, right?

"Bah. Useless wench, always bossin' me 'round..."
    , the janitor grumbles before fading into the wall completely, leaving Reene alone in her office. Oh well. Time to lock the place down for clean up. Picturing all the doors in the school in his mind, the janitor reaches forward with his spirit - in a moment, all exits and doorways within become locked and held together by his will.

But what's this? Some girl's trying to get in? Well, too bad for her! What part of "school's over" doesn't she get anyway? Just come back tomorrow like all sane kids do...

Unfortunately, it seems there's someone still in the school - quite many people even. His anger growing, the janitors blows out a whisp of smoke. Who should he get rid of first? Maybe a gang of whippersnappers hanging near the nurse's office? A pair of lovebirds goofing in the corridors? The lone rascal running down from the roof? What the heck had she done on the roof anyway?

But wait! There's someone lazing about in the sports hall? Is he... snoring? The heck?

Janitor quickly checks where the window closest to the culprit is. It'll surely feel refreshing to throw the slacker out. Truly, Tani might be in for a rude awakening.

Meanwhile, the students now locked up in the school will feel a dark presence moving around them - like a shadow deeper than all others gliding through the dim corridors. It's an unnerving feeling.

Even more unnerving is a sudden chill that sweeps over them, like the distant wail of some horrid monster. The vague feel that it came from the outside is the only comforting thing in being trapped in a haunted school...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #1277

[School]
    Nurse's Office

Nakahiro's head snaps up suddenly as he feels the wave of malign influence that sweeps over the school. He was able to pass off his earlier bout of spiritual awakening as his mind playing tricks on him, but not this time. There is something real, something tangible about the feeling he is getting now. He looks around nervously at the others.

"Does anyone else have a sudden desire to leave?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School]
    Nurse's Office

(OOC:Okay, I'm just going to assume an authority figure gave Kaito access to aspirin, because this is starting to drag on too much.)

Kaito had just finished swallowing his last bit of water when the odd feeling washed over the school. He tensed, waiting for a headache...but it never came.

Instead, he merely felt the same apprehension Nakahiro was displaying.

"Yeah. And I trust my gut. Heiaki-sensei, thank you for your assistance. I think we need to be leaving now. Sayaka-san, could we please make haste? I think the storm outside is about to get worse."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Orc in the Playground

[Nurse's Office]

Valeria freezes for a moment, eyes widened. She felt something... and by what Nakahiro and Kaito were going on about, she wasn't alone. There was no way this could be coincidence.
    Vaaaaale... rrrr... i... aaaaa...
    Then, quite suddenly, she bolts out of the room, dropping her pills with a clatter.

((Assuming it's one of the doors not locked.))

Some distance away, she trips, screaming a bit, as she backs away from the middle of the floor into the wall, looking around in a paranoid, frightened fashion. What's going on... who's there? What's there!?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Nurse's Office]

Kaito's eyes widen as Val suddenly runs from the room.

"Valeria!"

He calls after her uselessly.

Well, useless until he takes off running after her, barreling down the hallway at surprising speed.

He hears her scream, and increases speed, finally skidding to a halt once he's about 10 feet away.

"Valeria...what's wrong? Why are you so scared?"

21. - Top - End - #1281

[School]

Nakahiro jumps a bit in surprise as Valeria suddenly rushes from the room, moving right past him.

"Whoa, hey!"

This is almost immediately followed by Kaito, who also dashes past Nakahiro in his pursuit of Valeria.

"Ack! Wait up!"

Snatching his umbrella from where it was leaning against the wall, Nakahiro spins around the door frame and dashes forward, chasing after Kaito. He pulls himself to a stop a few feet behind Kaito, but remains silent.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Orc in the Playground

[School Hallways]

Val jumps, looking to Kaito with frightened eyes. "I... h-heard a voice... It was like it was right next to me..."

Or in my head...

She's a bit shaken up.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

As the bell rings for the end of the day, Michiko gives a sigh and slumps just a little bit. She'd have to catch up on whatever work she had missed then, not to mention rush to her club to ensure she would have time to change or risk being late instead. Truly, she didn't have time to fool around with a bunch of kids playing hooky and dragging Sayaka into it as well...though Sayaka was behaving oddly as well.

"Haaa...I suppose that's the end of it anyway then." Michiko mutters to herself, heading out into the hallway as quietly as she had entered and heading towards the lockers to grab her things. Another sigh then.

Raining? Figures. At least it gives me valid cause to stay inside and catch up on what I missed in class...

But as she went to go test the doors leading out...they didn't open, making the delinquent girl frown before shaking them again. It seemed as if she'd have to go and find a teacher or janitor before getting out. Looks like she was going to be late...and there was this high-pitched whine in her ear, like a fire alarm was wailing away, but she could barely hear it...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School Hallways]

Kaito blinks, not sure of what she meant.

"Valeria. It's okay. You're not alone. You have friends here. Together, we can stay safe. Just try to calm down a bit. Maybe we can give your mom a call, and she can come pick you up. And Nakahiro and I can stay with you, here, until she arrives. Does that sound alright?"

He walks a bit closer and crouches down, putting himself at eye level with Val. His face shows only friendly concern.

25. - Top - End - #1285

[School]
    Hallways

Nakahiro, under normal circumstances, would crack a joke at this point in order to try and lighten the mood and maybe help Valeria feel better. With the inexplicable events of the day still fresh in his mind, however, he feels the gravity of the situation is greater than normal, and elects to keep quiet and let Kaito do the talking. He walks over and leans against one of the walls, keeping an eye on Kaito and Valeria.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-08-26 at 09:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Erima
    [A certain scarf and schoolgirl]

Down.

Down.

Takara and Erima went down to the ground level. For an echoing sensation like this, there was a feeling of supernatural energy to be bouncing, as if it filled the area. But it wasn't filled, so it would come and go, or stay in some places, which is what the 'echo' was. As Takara walked, Erima focused on this strange sensation.

"...

Stop Takara."
    Erima said quietly.

"The echoing... I understand it now. But I need you to press on the window there." She continued.

The window did not open, even if the lock was tried to be turned.

"I thought so. There is a presence at work here. This area is likely being manipulated by a spirit. I thought maybe another youkai... but no. This scale is too large and not centered. It looks like we can't leave for now even if we tried." Erima observed with a thoughtful voice, though more tense and awake than she had been before.

There was a malevolent presence now, and suddenly Erima was very interested.

The dark outside had also cast this mood to be a darker one.

Sayaka

Sayaka's distraction with certain pressing events make her miss Kaito's question. Actually it is Valeria's sudden dash that caught her attention, but the girl already had run past her, so she couldn't grab her.
    "W-wait!" She tried to say, but already Nakahiro and Kaito went running after her out the door when there was a scream.
    Michiko had disappeared already, probably to go home which was good.
    The malevolent presence had grown, the eerie panic from Valeria...
    No, this wasn't good. Sayaka ran over to the window in the nurse's office, but it wouldn't open. She bit her lip.

"Mr. Heiaki, I think it's a good time to leave now. Excuse me."

Without waiting for the teacher's response, Sayaka also rushed out of the room. Down the hallway she could see Valeria and the two boys. But she could also see how dark it was outside already. There was the malevolent presence again, and Sayaka felt a cold sweat start.

Sayaka had decided now that she wanted everyone to get out of this place now. She would come back, but first...

"I'll be back in a minute." She called out to them down the hallway.

Sayaka muttered a prayer to herself and ran towards the stairs, but stopped at the class schedule chalkboard. Taking the chalk, she quickly wrote an extra two characters on the board. A small ward. She held the chalk with her hand and ran up the stairs. Maybe if she could scatter them around the building...
    But first, she went to her classroom, and with relief saw the door was open. Had Michiko come by here? Sayaka didn't know. But she stepped into the room and wrote another ward on the chalkboard. Then got her bag and the few talisman she brought with her (always).

And then the door slammed shut and locked with a horrible click.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Orc in the Playground

[School Hallways]

It takes Valeria considerably longer to calm down this time, but after a long period of silence (looking to Sayaka when she interrupts it), she nods shakily, reaching into her pocket to pull out her phone.

At first, she tries sending a text. When that fails, she about drops her phone.

Next, she tries actually calling... to no luck. She holds the phone up to her ear, looking to Kaito with her panic renewed.

"...N-no reception..."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #1288

[School]
    Interior

Nakahiro's eyes widen as Valeria fails to send her messages to the outside world, his level of discomfort rapidly rising. He fishes into his pocket and withdraws his own phone, then flips it open. It reads as having no reception. He bites his lip.

That's not a good sign. There is no way we shouldn't have phone reception here...

On a whim, he walks over to a nearby window and attempts to open it. Despite putting significant effort into lifting it, he is unable to do so. He looks for the lock, but even after finding it he can't unlock the window. He turns around to look at the others, but stays quiet. It's probably just a fluke...right?

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Erima
    [A certain scarf and schoolgirl]

Down.

Down.

Takara and Erima went down to the ground level. For an echoing sensation like this, there was a feeling of supernatural energy to be bouncing, as if it filled the area. But it wasn't filled, so it would come and go, or stay in some places, which is what the 'echo' was. As Takara walked, Erima focused on this strange sensation.

"...

Stop Takara."
    Erima said quietly.

"The echoing... I understand it now. But I need you to press on the window there." She continued.

The window did not open, even if the lock was tried to be turned.

"I thought so. There is a presence at work here. This area is likely being manipulated by a spirit. I thought maybe another youkai... but no. This scale is too large and not centered. It looks like we can't leave for now even if we tried." Erima observed with a thoughtful voice, though more tense and awake than she had been before.

There was a malevolent presence now, and suddenly Erima was very interested.

The dark outside had also cast this mood to be a darker one.
    Yuudai

Up.

Up.

Yuudai had forgotten something back in class, and was now rushing upstairs to go get it before he left school. Or so he thought, things did not look so good. The 2nd year student was carrying a large bag underneath one arm when he saw Takara. He almost forgot about it instantly. Now he was occupied with his thoughts.

I hope the Freshmen will think I'm cool this year. Wait, no, I know they will...

Do I say hello? A casual "hey"? Wait, no, that sounds too familiar. Good afternoon? Well, it isn't good... that would be lying... "Who are you" is a bit too rude... But the freshmen are usually into bad boys.
    He eventually settled.

"Er... What are you doing here?" He asked the girl with the scarf, trying to seem a bit annoyed. Perfect.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-08-27 at 11:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School Hallways]

Kaito looks between his two friends, standing straight as he does so.

He offers Val a hand to assist in standing up herself.

"Let's just try to go find a teacher. Worst case, maybe we have to break down a door. Or at least a lock. We can do it, but it'll take two, maybe even all three of us."

With that, he begins to "confidently" walk down the hall, in the general direction of the nurse's office, where a teacher was still hanging around.

Well, that's what he thought might be the case.