New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

The beast is forced to loosen its grip to move its head from the Cero's way, allowing Soshi to get his lungs full of fresh air. As the molten-hot glow and the rumbling of collapsing structures fade, Soshi will see that his attack struck a hole through the being's shoulder, and burned away its left ear.

Yet already as he watches, the damaged flesh knits itself together, scorched scales falling off and being replaced by new ones, their silver patterns gleaming in the faint light like a multitude of leering eyes. In but a few seconds, the beast looks as if it had never been wounded at all.

"Oh? Seems like you have some fire in you after all"
    , the tall creature says, with a curious tone on its voice. It tilts its head to the side and gives Soshi a long, appraising look. "It is sad to see that flame wasted. You could've become something great, child."

Again, the beast leans closer, its skeletal mouth opening just slightly. "Sleep well", it says, and presses its ice-cold teeth against Soshi's lips, as if kissing him. Gonzui. Unearthly cold, like an icy dagger gouging his heart from his chest, makes Soshi's physical pain seem mild and distant. His eyelids feel heavy as stone, and the world around him begins to fade into grey blur...

Yet, he doesn't die.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-15 at 12:46 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

"...Soshi? Soshi?! Hey! You better not be..he hung up on me!" the pajama-clad girl snaps her phone shut irately, stuffing it into one pocket of the robe even as she storms out of her bedroom. Quickly she slips on a pair of tennis shoes and hurries down stairs towards her family's garage. There was noise coming from the living room, which meant her father was still up.

Dammit...

"Hey Dad, I'm heading out for a little bit but I'll be back as soon as I can!" She calls out, slipping into the garage as quickly as possible.

"Wait, where are you going Michiko? Give me a minute and I'll have the driver pull around.."

"No time, I'll just ride myself. Don't worry, I'll be back in time to get a full night's rest!" she calls back, quickly grabbing the keys to her motorbike and a aluminum bat that she hooks unto the side of it. As the garage door opened and Michiko raised out into the night, she reaches up to flip down the visor even as her long hair and robe flutters behind her.

Better still be alive idiot...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Soshi slowly slacken's in the monsters hands. As his eyes slowly close, he glares at the best with the fading light of his life. And then, he is still.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature lets go of Soshi and lets him fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes. Then, it fades away like a bad dream, the oppressive aura fading from the alley. Limp body of suited woman jerks and moans slightly, bringing a hand to her chest.

Quarter of an hour later, the woman is standing beside Soshi's unconscious body, holding the remnants of her coat folded on her right arm. She's torn a long shred of cloth from it to bandage the wound on her chest - it's doing little to stop a red stain from spreading over her white blouse.

"You're still alive?"
    , she asks, amused, poking Soshi's side with her foot. She then kneels and begins lifting the young man on her shoulders. "Surprisingly tenacious, you are. Maybe we can make something out of you, after all", she continues as she walks towards the mouth of the alley. Sirens can already be heard from the distance.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Rosa smiles in return. "You're welcome. I can't vouch for everyone, but I am sure that you will find most of the people here are pleasant, if a bit more...interesting than what you may be used to. I'm glad I didn't cause you any trouble." She then motions to everyone. "Can I get any of you anything else?"
    Valeria shakes her head. "No, I'm... fine..." The girl pales a bit (somehow...), sitting back in her seat for a moment. She looks a little ill. Idly, she pulls out a bottle of pills from one of her many pockets, takes a few, then puts it back.

N-not now...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Henry contentedly sits and sips his tea, until his pager goes off. Excuse self. Go outside. Ger in car. Switch on police radio. List- what?

Henry quickly pulls out his key, slams it into the ignition and twists. Putting his window down, he reaches for the police light, fumbles slightly, eventually attaching it to the roof and switching it on. With a deafening screech of tyres, the car bolts off like a starving cougar, headed straight for -which district? Ah. Henry's brow furrowed as the radio continued.
    "Large explosion, building confirmed demolished." Demolished!? Rotors in the background, that meant helicopter. But still, DEMOLISHED!?
    Henry cautiously picks up the reciever and answers.
    "This is Unmarked Patrol 2-3-2, heading to scene, over." Henry didn't really care how it was done over in Japan. He spoke his way, and it worked, and that was the end of that.

The car roars as it heads towards... well, whatever just happened.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria shakes her head. "No, I'm... fine..." The girl pales a bit (somehow...), sitting back in her seat for a moment. She looks a little ill. Idly, she pulls out a bottle of pills from one of her many pockets, takes a few, then puts it back.

N-not now...
    Kaito leaned forward, a frown on his face. He looked concerned for his new friend.

"Val, are you alright?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Val nods shakily. "Y-yeah, I just... it happens, it's nothing new..." The girl focuses on breathing for a couple moments, before she sits back up, looking a bit better.

"...sorry about that, I..." She bites her lip. "Well, I've got a tumor... in my head. And sometimes it makes me dizzy, or see things... N-no need to worry, though, they've stopped it from expanding, so I just need to take a couple pills and a few deep breaths and I feel better!" She chuckles nervously. "So, uh, d-don't worry about me. What were we talking about, again?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Val nods shakily. "Y-yeah, I just... it happens, it's nothing new..." The girl focuses on breathing for a couple moments, before she sits back up, looking a bit better.

"...sorry about that, I..." She bites her lip. "Well, I've got a tumor... in my head. And sometimes it makes me dizzy, or see things... N-no need to worry, though, they've stopped it from expanding, so I just need to take a couple pills and a few deep breaths and I feel better!" She chuckles nervously. "So, uh, d-don't worry about me. What were we talking about, again?"
    Kaito doesn't look entirely convinced, but he leans back in his chair.

"Ok. I'll take your word on it. I was worried about a friend, is all.

You asked if everyone around here was so nice. I'll be honest; there are plenty of nice people in our school and city, but just like everywhere else, there are saints, and there are jerks. Part of the human condition, I suppose.

But hey, you've got at least a couple of friends, and there are people in our age group that I know will want to be friends, too.
    "

Here, he gives her an encouraging smile.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

N-not now...
    Noticing Val's sickness, Rosa sets the tray on an empty nearby table and heads towards the counter. A moment later, she comes back with a cool glass of water in hand. She sets the glass in front of Val subtly, then picks up the tray and continues making the rounds.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Mortal World

Michiko

Long hair billows behind the sports bike rider as she zips through the streets, going to all of the little spots where she knew Soshi liked to hang out. always she kept looking from side to side, trying to keep her eyes open for a glimpse of the guy he was looking for. Already she'd been searching for some time and...

There!

Just a brief glimpse, but she'd seen the homeless kid who called himself Soshi! And, more importantly, there was someone else with him! It was too bad that she had already passed the entrance, but it was nothing that a fast Y-turn didn't fix, especially since she already heard the noise of sirens approaching the same spot. She didn't have much time!

Vrrrrrrrrrr!

There'd be a flash of light in the alleyway as Michiko swerves down into the alley, just barely missing the suit-wearing woman as she zips past. Only at the last second did she spin her bike around to a stop, inches from the other end of the alley as she hops off and grabs hold of her bat. Keeping a cautious eye on the woman, Michiko slowly approaches though she keeps her identity concealing helmet on for the moment.

"Hey you, what happened here? Why are you lugging around my subordinate?"
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-06-15 at 03:53 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #132

The sirens would, from the point of view of the alleyway, get louder and the roar of an engine complaining bitterly about being overworked would begin to be heard. After a few seconds, the car pulled up and screeched, sending a rush of smoke from the tyres as it stopped outside the ex-building.

Henry sighed and switched on his walkie talkie. Getting out of the car and holding it to his mouth, he speaks. "This is Unmarked Patrol 2-3-2, I am at the scene, the building is completely wrecked" he panted as he sprinted into the building. A quick check of the intact rooms showed it had been abandoned for some time. "Building seems to be unoccupied." Fotunate... No one seemed to be hurt. But where had it come from? Heading out of the door, he heard a creak above him and managed ot dive out of the way of the falling doorframe and rubble. Well, at least he'd have time to tell the backup the building was unstable...
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-06-15 at 03:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

The suited woman is flat against the wall - well, as flat as she can with Soshi on her shoulders - and pale from shock. Well, paler. Young people these days drive like crazy! It takes a moment for her to collect herself. "There was an accident", she splurts. "Some kind of explosion... I woke up near him... thought I better get him out before anything else happened..."

Blood seeping through the woman's makeshift bandages has painted most of her blouse dark red by now. Judging by her looks, it's a miracle she's staying up, let alone carrying anyone. "Who are you? Can you take us to a hospital?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki was bored. She'd spent the morning doing her best to complete her first Seele Schneider, but just like always, something went wrong. The Arrow/Swords were very touchy at the best of times. Of course, her parents and Siblings could all make them, but they refused to give her any advice, except things like 'keep trying' or 'we all went through this.' Her mother and father were both at work. and her middle brother (the only one that still lived in the apartment with them) was off doing... something. Aki was alone. The TV was on, but she wasn't paying attention to it. She was just so bored!

I could go for a walk, or...

Aki's thoughts were interrupted by a squawk from the Police Scanner her parents had hidden in the kitchen Cabinets. It was one of the ways they picked up on Hollows. The despicable creatures normally made quite a mess, especially if it was one of the big ones. Aki smiled as she heard the report. Building Demolished, mysteriously? Sounds like it could be... fun.

Lets go see what is going one...

Aki picked up her things quickly, and set off on foot. She didn't wear her cloak, carrying it under her arm, so she didn't look all that odd. Her feet carried her to the scene, but she didn't approach, seeing three people there already. The Girl just hung back and listened, evaluating the three carefully.

15. - Top - End - #135

Henry hears voices from the alleyway. Aha!
    Jogging up to the mouth of the alley, he slows down as his eyes take in the scene in front of him, a look of mild puzzlement on his face. After overhearing the woman, he speaks once more into the walkie talkie. "Got three here, one unconscious, one injured, and another apparently fine. Need an ambulance at..." Coleby pauses for a moment and recalls the location, before informing his colleagues. After this he switches instantly into Civilian Rescue Mode and steps forward, showing his badge.
    "Ma'am, I am Detective Henry. I've called an ambulance, you'll be fine now. Just put him down and rest, you're seriously injured."
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-06-15 at 04:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria nods and smiles at Rosa. "Thank you..."

"Well... I wouldn't know much about what people are like, but it makes sense, I guess. I definitely won't regret deciding to go to normal school even if you're the only friends I make." She sighs, looking to her phone's clock, and then back to Kaito and Izumi. "...well, I should probably get going." She particularly turns to Izumi, at this. "...Oh, can we have each others numbers, too, Izumi-san?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods, and pulls out her mobile. "All right, Val."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito waited for the girls to exchange numbers, then stood as Val herself stood to leave.

He offered his hand for a handshake.

"It was nice to meet you, Val. Take care, and we'll see you soon. Have a good evening."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

After trading numbers with Izumi (and giving her number to Kaito in the process), Val calls up her driver, then pulls out money for the tab... that is, hers, both Izumi's and Kaito's, and a large tip. She then obliges to Kaito's handshake with a smile. "...it was really nice to meet you both. Thanks for making me feel welcome."

...Then, she retreats to the car as soon as it pulls up, before Kaito or Izumi can decline the offer.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-15 at 04:38 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi, before she goes, offers her hand for a handshake as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito sits after Val leaves. There's still a bit of a smile on his face as he shakes his head.

"Well. I suppose that means this won't be a boring year, eh, Izumi?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "Yes, it does..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi nods. "Yes, it does..."
    "Have you been up to much this break? I've mostly just let myself sleep in, read several good novels, and took a one week vacation out of town. Yourself?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles. "Mostly the same, this has been a relaxing break."

Apart from the fighting... I swear, there's no end to those... things.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Some time later...

Val arrives back home. She seems to be in a great mood as she enters the house, looking for her mother. "Mom! Moo~oom!"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

The bloodied woman turns to look at Henry and sighs with relief. "Thank goodness. It's nice that... people watch over each other, even in these cold times", she mutters and lowers Soshi to the ground. She then falls backwards and sits against the wall, seemingly exhausted. "Wouldn't have known what to do without you."

There's something decidedly off about the whole situation, even if Michiko and the newly arrived detective can't quite put their finger on it. Of course, it might just be the fact that Michiko is still holding her bat like a mugger. Through lids half closed, the suited woman observes the two, waiting to see how they'll react to each other, and smiles slyly.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-15 at 05:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi chuckles. "Mostly the same, this has been a relaxing break."

Apart from the fighting... I swear, there's no end to those... things.
    Kaito nods.

"Glad to hear it. You heard any news on some of the replacement teachers? I know our gym teacher retired. Something about bunions. Not sure about some of the others; mom and dad don't really have an "inside line" on such things. Not that they'd tell me if they did."

28. - Top - End - #148

Henry nods at the woman, and turns to the girl with the helmet, and frowns. "Miss, I'm going to have to ask you what your part in this is. You're holding a weapon in the presence of two injured people. Stay right there, I'll get to you in a second."
    Henry pauses for a moment. There was something really, really off about that older woman, he could see it. Unfortunately, due to the fact that no one else on the force could, Henry mentally filed it under "Stuff to investigate later." as a possible cause of the explosion.
    Returning back to the case in hand, he speaks to the woman once more. "Ma'am, could you tell me anything about what happened? Anything strange you noticed beforehand?"
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-06-15 at 05:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi shrugs. "I don't know, either."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Some time later...

Val arrives back home. She seems to be in a great mood as she enters the house, looking for her mother. "Mom! Moo~oom!"
    A moment after her call, Val can hear the sound of running footsteps up the flight of stairs from the basement. After about the time that it would take for someone to straighten out her hair and clothes, Claudia steps daintily into the room. Her skin is covered with a thin sheen of sweat; in fact, she steams. Nevertheless, she has her breath under control, and gives Val a warm smile.

"Good job getting home on time, Vally. How was your night out?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show