Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi shrugs. "I don't know, either."
    Kaito shrugs as well.

"I suppose that's the way things go, then.

Well, it was good seeing you again, Izumi. Thanks for helping Val feel welcome. I think I'm going to head home; my folks should be home before long for dinner.
    "

With that, Kaito stands and starts collecting his books and bookbag, to get ready to leave.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods, and waves goodbye as she starts heading off as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, there was... a series of explosions", the suited woman says weakly, pointing towards the street where, sure enough, there are several craters in the pavements. "I was thrown against a wall and... next thing I see is myself bleeding and this young man lying beside me."

Despite the odd weary pause, her voice is suprisingly firm and calm. She doesn't seem all that distressed about the situation, despite her torn and blood-soaked clothes and the chaos surrounding her. She smiles at the detective and brings her hand to rest against her chest. If Henry is feeling particularly perceptive, he might notice odd lacerations and bloodstains on her shoes...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Aki retains her hiding place behind the crook in the buildings, listening to the conversation between the four. The girl in the bicycle helmet wasn't a concern. She had some spiritual power, but was likely just a medium. The Cop and the boy might have something about them, but if it was there, it was faint. But the woman... Aki didn't scare easily, and the woman made her shiver, and wish she had the back up of her family.

No, I am a Quincy. I won't get scared, and run crying to momma. Something cause that building to collapse.

Aki gripped the handle of one of her weapons through the cloth that hid it, a Silver Tube already in the other.

But I still need more information.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-15 at 07:07 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria

Val is smiling widely as her mom appears. "So I take it we're pretty much moved in?" She laughs lightly. "Anyway, you won't believe it, mom; a bunch of the people at the cafe were really nice, and I even made a couple friends!" It's not hard to tell she's really excited.

Hibiki
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito nods.

"Glad to hear it. You heard any news on some of the replacement teachers?"
    Hibiki sneezes, back on his search for the principal.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Henry is a perceptive man after 20 years on the streets, and notices the lacerations and bloodstains quite capably. Looking directly ar her now that he was repressing his sight less made him kind of queasy, but Henry managed to shrug that off. Also, this woman sounded unconcerned, confident - bold, even - for someone who had lost about 2 pints of blood. He narrows his eyes ever-so-slightly. Mrs. Unknown Creepy Woman was top suspect for the explosions, assuming it was caused by what he thought - and dreaded - it to be, but still, the proverbial elephant in the room of a girl wielding a baseball bat with injured people right next to her needed adressing.
    "...Alright, ma'am. You just stay calm and the ambulance will be here any minute. Now as for you, miss, first I shall need your name."
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene sudenly and silently appears behind Hibiki, smiling and holding up her notepad.

"Can I help you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yoko had been quietly listening to the conversation for some time, looking at everything and nothing all at once. Her eyes ran over everything, but she never stayed for more than a few fleeting seconds on any item or person. Soon after Val leaves, Yoko stands up, bowing sarcastically to Izumi and Kaito before they leave. "Hello, classmates. Fancy meeting you here. Are you both ready for the beginning of school? It is quite closely upon us." She says at the table, continuing to walk past, though holding back to hear their answer.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, I'd say I'm ready, Yoko-san."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I'd certainly hope I'm ready, Yoko. Glad you decided to pay attention to me now."

Kaito doesn't look at her as he slings his bag over his shoulder.

"Izumi, I'll see you later. Yoko, take care."

With that, he starts walking away at a leisurely pace, heading in the general direction of his home.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki turns to face the woman, easily needing to look up, but into her eyes, and not whatever amount of cleavage she may have. He's not a perv, after all. "Oh, hello. Hamasaki Hibiki, I'm one of the new teachers here."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani heard voices, appearing from the equipment room with a handful of dusty old equipment which he dropped when he saw Hibiki. He looked over at Reene.

"I thought the students weren't going to be here for a week?"

Turning back to Hibiki, he slapped a huge smile across his face.

"And... yo. I'm Ito Tanigawa, the new PE Teacher. You can call me Tani-Sensei!"

To complete the introduction, Tani gave Hibiki a thumbs up... and in the process dropped all the equipment he'd been carrying.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene's assets are very distinctive, but she has them fully covered by her suit. No cleavage to stare at, plenty to imagine.

"Haha. No, no Ito, Hibiki is one of our teachers too."

"I am the school's principal, Reene Lucaster, and now that I think about it I did not introduce myself to you either, Ito. My apologies for that."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki looks over to Tani with a passive expression. Then, a raised eyebrow. "...Right. It certainly makes sense, now." Turning back to Reene after that cold display, he bows at an angle that nearly makes him lose his glasses. However, he makes a quick recovery on straightening up.

"Nice to meet you, Lucaster-san." The two might notice the distant, distracted air he has about him.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani shook his head.

"No worries Ms. Lucaster."

Tani turned back to Hibiki, bending over to pick up all the fallen equipment.

"You are a teacher? You are a small one, aren't you! What do you teach?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria

Val is smiling widely as her mom appears. "So I take it we're pretty much moved in?" She laughs lightly. "Anyway, you won't believe it, mom; a bunch of the people at the cafe were really nice, and I even made a couple friends!" It's not hard to tell she's really excited.

Hibiki

Hibiki sneezes, back on his search for the principal.
    Claudia nods, absent-mindedly raising her arms over her head to stretch her latissimus dorsi muscles.

"Everything's arranged, Val-chan. I was just getting some exercise, now that your things have been put away. I'm a little more... out of shape than I thought."

Turning her thoughts to Val's report, she smiles brightly.

"Anyway, it's wonderful that you're making friends already, Vally! This move looks like it might have been good for you, too. What are they like?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

...Crap. I need to stall for time.

Both of Michiko's hands raise up into the air, dropping the bat down unto the ground with a loud clang as she holds them up out-stretched. She was unarmed and, aside from her odd appearance, didn't seem all that threatening either. But then how could they tell she was focusing her willpower on the space directly around the detective?

"My name? Does it look like a bat could cause an explosion? I cam here cause my...friend, the boy, called me and said that he was under attack. I get here and this woman has him slung over her shoulder like a bag of meat!" she says hotly, at odds with her normally calm and cool tone, deliberately trying not to sound like herself, "She's the one you should be questioning! If I had been the one to cause those injuries the bat would have blood on it and so would I! What kinda two-bit detective are you?"

That should do it...

Finally having gathered enough energy, she waits for a moment...maybe this detective would see reason...or just go away.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-06-15 at 07:28 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck Williams

Beck sat on her pull-out couch bed in her tiny apartment, watching TV. Whoa. That can't be...that's near here! Holy crap, what happened?! She thought, dumbfounded, as something like an explosion rattled and shook the building she was in, causing her to fall off the couch. She fumbled for the remote and switched off the TV. That might be a hollow causing something like that...better check it out. Beck locked up and left the building, headed in the direction of the explosion.

((Sorry again))
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-06-15 at 08:11 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki

Hibiki eyes Tani again. "History. Though, I noticed your pool on the way here... do you have a club?" He turns to Reene at his question.

Valeria

Val grins widely, moving to the living room to sit down on the couch. "Well, there's Izumi, she's another girl my age. I didn't talk as much with her, but she seems nice... and then, there's Kaito... he's my age, too; he seems smart, and knows English. And his parents are in law enforcement. And guess what!" She doesn't even wait for Claudia to guess. "They're both in my class! And... well, there was this really nice waitress, too, and the rest of the staff at the cafe was... interesting."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-15 at 07:54 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes, we do, this is an old institution and there are several clubs sponsored by the administration, including several sports clubs."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani nodded.

"Yep. I'll be heading up Martial Arts. You should come little man. You could do with a little more exercise!"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Hibiki

Hibiki eyes Tani again. "History. Though, I noticed your pool on the way here... do you have a club?" He turns to Reene at his question.

Valeria

Val grins widely, moving to the living room to sit down on the couch. "Well, there's Izumi, she's another girl my age. I didn't talk as much with her, but she seems nice... and then, there's Kaito... he's my age, too; he seems smart, and knows English. And his parents are in law enforcement. And guess what!" She doesn't even wait for Claudia to guess. "They're both in my class! And... well, there was this really nice waitress, too, and the rest of the staff at the cafe was... interesting."
    Claudia takes a seat beside Valeria, and nods encouragingly as the teen provides her impression. As she delves into so much detail regarding Kaito, though, a small, mischievous glint appears in her eye.

"Well, if they're in the same class as you, they sound like they could be good friends. Would you like to invite them back here for a party at some point this week?"

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki

Hibiki eyes Tani... again. "I get plenty of exercise, thank you." Then, back to Reene. "...do you need any help with the swimming club? Believe it or not, I have some expertise there."

This soul cannot deny his love for the water, after all...

What did I say about not bothering me in the middle of a conversation?

Valeria

Val blinks, and grins a bit wider. "Really? That would be okay?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-15 at 09:00 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

"It is a generous offer, but I only really deal with administrative matters in this particular scenario. The PE teacher is, by default, responsible for all sportive clubs.

And that would be mr. Tanigawa here."

Reene points to Ito.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia's smile grows alongside her daughter's.

"Well, a house like this is hardly necessary for just three people, right? There are just two conditions I want you to follow: I'll need a day or so to get everything fully unpacked, and get the supplies for a party, and I want you to finish your studies before anyone gets here.

I want you to be fully ready to start the school year before you start spending all your time playing with your friends, okay?"

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani smiled at Hibiki.

"I really could do with some help in Martial Arts. How about you coach along with me? Then I'll be happy to do the testing to make sure you can handle coaching the Swim Team. After all, that is a lot of work."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki

Hibiki turns to Tani, sighing. "And what, pray tell, makes you think that I couldn't handle it?" With a shrug, he considers for a moment. "...yeah, I guess."

Valeria

Val hugs her mom, suddenly. "Thank you! I'll call them up."

"...And, no problem, mom; you know I can't disappoint you for all the stuff you've done for me..." ...she fights off a sniffle.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-15 at 09:51 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani looked at Hibiki, and shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to test anyone who watches the kids in the pool, no matter my impression of them."

Tani smiled, and looked up... trying to remember what the testing actually consisted of.

"When do you want me to do the test?"
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-15 at 09:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki turns to Reene, then back to Tani. "Now would be fine, if Lucaster-san doesn't mind waiting. I assume it involves actual swimming, of course?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Tani nodded. He was almost certain that it did.

"Yeah... I'm pretty sure it does. It's been a long time since I did one, to tell the truth."