New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Hueco Mundo...
    Bleak wastes under eternal midnight.
    A world, a sea of dunes and storms of silt.
    Above cavernous depths.

Hueco Mundo, not the most welcoming place in the world. The White Sands are vast and open, and silence reigns. There are no landmarks but a few petrified plants, some rocks... And Las Noches.

The great city rises from the horizon as if it were but a few miles away, so vast are its walls, visible from anywhere in the dunes. A bastion of civilization in an otherwise empty world, ruled since time immemorial by the Ghost King, Erscheinung Von Geister.

But there is much more than that, beneath the sands is the sprawling Forest of Menos, endless caves dotted by countless columns of rock, petrified trees whose canopy and eroding leaves shape the desert above.

Hueco Mundo, the hollow world, the place where souls go to fade...

Why are you here?
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-13 at 03:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Sereg Arturo, espada number seven, sits atop a mighty gothic cathedral, looking on all that he presides over. His power gives him a great deal of certainty in himself as he watches his domain for any breaking the rules. Beneath him is the roar of uncounted hollows screaming for blood inside an arena of death. Sereg's hood flaps about his face, his knee length white jacket held tightly to him. In his left hand is a silver intricate pocket watch, one he stole from the mortal world many years ago. His feet hang from the roof, and on them rests his blade. The scarf wrapped tightly around his lower face hides any hint of emotion while he stares blankly at the watch, only looking every few minutes for trouble makers.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Pico Kurazume leans on the rails of his balcony connected to his suite, looking out on his domain with a shot glass less than a quarter full with fine sake, and holding a burning cigarrette in his hand. Wind is gently blowing through the area, causing Pico's ankle long coat to move with the breeze slightly, his hair to rustle, and the smoke from his cigarrette to seemingly disappear. That is one of the reasons that Pico picked that floor to put his suite in, the wind. That, and the compartment that can hold booze and smokes, but part of it was the wind.

Just around his Palacio, wild festivities seem to be always in motion. The area seems to be a living abstract painting of some sort, what with its eccentric designs and garish colors. On the outskirts, to his right, are blasted fields and buildings, smoke rising from the area. The outskirts almost look like monotone black and white in comparison to the area surrounding the Palacio.

Presently, Pico was considering letting the Arrancar Militia that was under his command loose on his domain. "Nah. Not today." He downed what was left in his shot glass and put the cigarrette back in his mouth, and walked into his suite, namely over to the office portion of his suite. On a fine wooden desk are a smattering of papers, spread out all over the top amidst lamps, pencils, and other office supplies. Pico leaned against his desk, contemplating what to do next.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sabas Fortunato stands in the top room of the bone-white spire of his Palacio, looking out over the Sector given to his governance with his hands folded behind his back. The child-like Quinta Espada's face is unreadable as his eyes sweep the crowded streets below, searching for...something. One of his Arrancar retainers stands nearby, awaiting orders from Fortunato. For several minutes, the Quinta does not move. Finally, he speaks, not looking at other Arrancar.

"Come closer."

The retainer mutely approaches until it stands next to its master at the window. One-on-one discussions with Fortunato are rare, and don't always end well for the recipient. The eccentric Espada can hardly be called consistent, however, and it could just as easily be a commendation, or even meaningless. Fortunato knows all of these thoughts go through the Arrancar's head, but does nothing to enforce or disprove its thoughts. Fortunato says nothing at first, but points out one of the myriad buildings below. The retainer, possessing a hawk-like Resurrección, is easily able to pinpoint its location.

"Raze that building. No one may know it was on my orders. Allow no one to see you. You may acquisition additional resources, if necessary, but the end goal cannot be known to anyone. Go."

The retainer silently bows and hurries from the room. It knows failure will not be tolerated, but a swift success could result in a lasting favorable impression or even a promotion. Fortunato stares out of the window for a few more seconds, a thin, cruel smile crossing his face. Turning from the window, he sedately walks towards the chessboard he keeps nearby. He picks up a white knight, then moves it into position on the board.

"Game start."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The Conductor stood at his Podium, his hands cutting through the air in rythmic patterns. Facing him were dozen of dark figures, each one an exact copy of the others, but for the instruments they hold. The Rows of players are arranged in 4 great arcs, the lighting dim over them. They have no need to look at music, or any such thing. All the lighting, and all the attention (or all the would be attention, for the Audience, main floor and balconies both, is conspiciously missing) is centered on one lonely figure. Six different Spotlights (controlled by more of the players in the rafters) focused on this poor soul. A Hollow, one of the many dwellers in the city. This one had broken one of the Espada's laws, The Conductor didn't know which. More importantly, he had tried to escape. The Players' caught him just outside the walls of the city. If he hadn't claimed to have some minor musical talent, the Conductor would have simply returned him to the Espada. As it was, he had been spirited back to the Auditorium, and now did his best to play. To put it lightly, it was awful.

"You lied to me... didn't you?"

The Hollow dropped his instrument, a Clarinet. The Conductor stared at him, waiting for a response. As the tension mounted, the Players picked up another tune, no visible instructions for them coming from the Conductor. It was low, and quiet, but built as more instruments added in. It started out as a harmony, but took on dissonant overtones, but spoke of growing anger, and danger. All the time the Conductor stood there, no sign of his thoughts passing his face. Finally he shook his head.

"I'll take that as my answer."

The Conductor turned, walking away, his annoyance stealing the enjoyment that any future star players might bring. The Hollow hit his first perfect note, a cry of despair as he realized the punishment that awaited him once he was returned to the Esapada.

"At least he could sing for me at the end."

The Conductor's laughter joined the cry of despair as they echoed in the perfect acoustics of the Auditorium. As both sounds died, a perfect silence settled over the Auditorium, the lights out, and the sole remaining figure in it settled down in one of the chairs, turning his mind to the other players scattered through Las Noches and beyond. He had a job to do, despite his pleasant distractions here.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei wanders the corridors of her palace, currently... well. A bit bored. "So quiet around here at the moment..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Deep in the bowels of the Menos Forest, in the complexes of Ciudad Baja...

There is a lake. What a lake is doing in the moisture-sparse world of Hueco Mundo is anyone's guess, and yet it is there. At the bottom of this lake... is the home of a dragon. Perhaps not in the most conventional sense, but many would agree, it is no mans land for all but the bravest. And even then, they will very likely not return.

Talon awakes with a yawn, and stretch, as she looks upon her collection with malicious satisfaction. She had been sleeping upon the mountain of Hollow masks for decades. But quickly, the memories of her situation sour her mood. Sliding down from the pile and dusting herself off, she makes her way out of her sleeping quarters, and through the intricate stonework of her lair. While her life as a Privaron differed little from her life as an official Espada, it was a life she had no pleasure in. Passing through the large main hall, and then her exquisite banquet hall, she finally stops, sitting upon a throne of stone and the most impressive hollow masks of her keeping: draconic things, with fearsome maws that could easily tear a man in two.

Looking up, she sees the glass ceiling of her self-proclaimed throne room, looking upon the bottom of the lake like a kingdom of her own, despite her aversion to subjects.

Yes, it was a good day to be Queen. Unfortunate that her days as such were over.

"...One day, Alejandro... But for now..." Talon debates her activities for the day.

Where one story is told at the bottom of the "earth", yet another begins near the top...

The sun shines upon a balcony in the center of the Eighth district of Las Noches. Yes, all were aware that the effectual noon in Las Noches was a special time.

A tanned, well-endowed woman with bushy black hair, and a serpentine demeanor lies upon a rock belly-down, soaking in the sun with a pleasured moan. For all those that frequented the skies of the city, Ruwa was well known for the spectacle she allowed...

Nothing like nude sunbathing, after all.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-13 at 10:25 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Mei's the Octava. }}

As Ruwa sunbathes, she might feel the presence of her Espada on the roof, Mei having decided to come up. "Ahhh... it's a pretty slow day at the moment, Ruwa."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

((...I knew that.))

Ruwa turns her head, giving Mei a snakelike smirk. "Oh, hiya, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan!~<3"

"Isn't it alwaysss, though, Mei-Mei-chan?~<3" Leaning her head back down, it's obvious she doesn't mind the slow goings one bit.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-13 at 10:34 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei smirks back, and lies on the rock next to Ruwa. "I suppose so... and there are benefits to not much else going on."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

"Of courssse, Mei-Mei-chan!~<3" Ruwa responds, enthusiastic as ever. There is a long pause as she shifts her head back up, giving her Espada a cutesy look.

"...Like back rubsss?~<3"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei grins, and reaches down to start rubbing Ruwa's back. "You can give me a back rub after this, though..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Tark sat in his territory. It was just a section of the Ciudad, filled with tumbled down buildings, and trees. Tark didn't like buildings. Didn't think they were proper. Living out, exposed to the Elements, that was the way of it. His territory was small, necessarily so as Von Geister wouldn't allow him to establish anything more. He didn't care if other Arrancar, Hollows, whatever lived there. Even when he was an Espada, he had only two rules. Stay out of his way, and whatever he wanted was his. Nothing had changed that, at least in Tark's mind.

"I'm hungry!"

Von Geister had all sorts of rules about when one could eat Hollow's. He claimed it wasn't needed, and all sorts of nonsense. Tark hardly noticed. They told him that eating wasn't really needed, that they could survive on am.. abgrinent... something. Tark didn't much care about that either. He knew one place he could eat Hollows. At the Arena, there were always those Idiots fighting. Tark only had one reward.

What I kill, I eat.

Tark shuffled off toward the Arena, snuffing about for Talon. She would watch him. She should be around here somewhere. He had told her to be, after all.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward awoke today with an idea. Before further wooing all the gorgeous beauties of Las Noches he would first attempt to gain the employ of, oddly enough, a certain man. He flew out of his ever so comfy bed fit for a princess and immediately zoomed along the city as graceful as a gazelle heading towards The Conductor's abode. He hoped to arrive right at his doorstep without any interruptions along the way.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-13 at 11:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

"Of courssse, Mei-Mei-chan.~<3" Ruwa hums in satisfaction as Mei begins to rub her back.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei makes sure that it's a very good back rub.

Afterwards, she smiles. "My turn now, then?"

She grins, and starts getting out of her dress for the rub.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-14 at 12:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward is met outside the Auditorium, a Flautist standing there, his face betraying nothing of course. Edward had been observed approaching the Auditorium, and when it became clear it was the Espada's destination, the Flautist had been dispatched to meet him. It began to speak, the vocie an exact match for the Conductors, cultured quality and all.

"Greetings, Segunda Espada. Would you like to come inside? Or are you in a hurry? If so, feel free to relay whatever you desire through this player."

The Conductor's voice betrayed no sign of any emotion, beyond a simple curiosity as to the Espada's purpose in coming.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"I most certainly would like to venture inside. I wish to speak with your master directly." His voice was a tad haughty as if to mock the doorman's dull verbal delivery. Edward appreciated how prompt this greeting was. I've gotta get me some of these guys, he thought plainly.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Tark wasn't alone in his shuffle towards the Arena, though it might take him a little while to notice that someone was tailing him through the streets of Las Noches. But as he sniffed around he'd hear the throaty chuckle as his hidden observer came out of the shadows and into the light.

"Beeeaaarrrr-kuuunnn, ya aren't sniffin' for lil' me, huh?" comes the wicked little drawl as the slight figure moved towards the lumbering Privaron Espada. The pressure around this slight...girl was like having a blade at one's throat, but Tark might not be self-aware enough to realize the intensity of the feeling or be capable of respecting or fearing that sensation.

Genoveva, the Primera Espada, approaches the big man with a casual demeanor that others might not be able to replicate. Besides Talon that is.

"I could hear ya a mile away, ya know? Real noisy knuckle-dragger, but that's what I love about ya Tark. Yer no nonsense. Yer big. And ya kick ass. An' I need a fella who can kick ass, am I lookin' at the right boy or do I need to keep lookin'?" Genoveva says familiarly, reaching out to pat the muscle-bound man on the arm with a crafty look in her eyes, "A fella to make his bonnie beau proud, eh? What do you say Tark?"

Her voice is coy and savage at the same time, the perfect tone to settle a rampaging beast. That wasn't quite what Tark was, but the same methods should work. The Primera was nothing if not observant, especially of those who had fallen since they could always make another ploy to get on top. She wasn't worried about that, from Tark, but in the course of watching Talon's empty court (with some amusement at that) it was impossible not to notice the connection between the two.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The Conductor

The Flautist stepped aside, opening the door, and nodding cordially. If the mockery bothered him, it showed no sign of it.

"Proceed straight down the hall. I await you there."

With that, the Flautist simply held the door open.

---

Tark Winald, Privaron Espada 109

If Tark was bothered by Genoveva's appearance, he didn't show it. Skulking around and such was for the weak. If the Primera Espada wanted to play around in the shadows, she could. He could feel the Spiritual Pressure coming off her, but Tark did not fear it. If Tark wanted to, he would crush her. He simply saw little point in it. Tark only wanted one Espada Seat, and that was his. Even if he had been tricked out of it, he'd have it back someday.

"What do you want, Geno...Geov...Jenny?"

Tark wasn't one for big long words, and the name was shorter, and more pleasant. Tark was never one to insist on formality, and didn't mind her touching him. The only thing she would feel was his strength and perfection of form.

"You know I'm the strongest. I can kick any ass that I want to. At the moment though, I just want something to eat. Preferably something... fresh."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-14 at 12:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa sits up, wrapping herself in the long strand of silk that substitutes as her clothes. In a matter of moments, she takes to sensually rubbing Mei's back.

"So, Mei-Mei-chan... what did you want to do today?~<3"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-14 at 12:44 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei hums in pleasure as Ruwa rubs her back, smiling. "Ah... you're very, very good at this, you know...

And I'm not sure... part of me just wants to relax in my web... of course, there's nothing to say I can't have company."

She hums some more.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-14 at 12:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward quickly strode on in and down the hall like a peacock until he stood with The Conductor. He didn't give him a chance to speak before casually beginning his sales pitch. "Well I haven't spoken much with you before but I've got a proposition for you. How about you move your home and all your stuff over to my palace? As you must know, there are plenty of people just dying to listen to your music over there. I'm no expert but it doesn't take a genius to figure out you're your work is the best in the business and I'll make sure you're supplied with whatever you need to perform it."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, if my lady wissshesss it, I have no choice, hm?~<3", Ruwa responds, nipping playfully at Mei's neck.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei chuckles as her neck is nipped, and stands, taking Ruwa's arm as she leads her to her room. "So, how's it been with you, Ruwa? Anything interesting happen to you recently?"

Once they get there, Mei will start wrapping Ruwa in silk in preperation for carrying her up to her web.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-14 at 01:13 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The Conductor stands alone, at the center of the stage, the auditorium empty once more. Everything is dark but for a single spotlight shining on the Conductor as he stands there. As Edward enters, a spotlight switches onto him as well, a Player in the rafters following him with it. The Conductor listens to his speech calmly, and shakes his head afterward.

"I cannot acquiesce to your request, I am afraid. To begin with, I am the Exequias, not one of your Fraccion, and taking up residence in your domain would make it more difficult for the other Espada to contact me. Furthermore, I have everything I need here."

The Conductor smiles.

"I like this building, and I like my privacy. As well, moving to your home would involve displacing my star players, and some of them are rather fragile. If you would like, you may schedule an appointment, but for now, I shall remain here."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva, Primera Espada

"Jenny? Weellll...ain't ya just a sharp one.." the arrancar's hooting fills the street as she enjoys the simple name that Tark had given her. There were others who would have found it insulting, a reason to take offense and harm the big lug, but it didn't seem as if Genoveva was one of those people. Not at the moment anyway.

"That's right lummox. Yer big, strong, an' hungry. Bet the Old Ghost still won't let ya eat much..live meat though, does he? Well what if I told ya...I could get ya nine free meals? Fresh an' kickin'? And you even get to tenderize'em first. Sounds good, eh?"

She sauntered away from him, one hand idly resting on the pommel of her falchion even as she inspects Tark critically, as if appraising a piece of meat in a butcher's shop.

"It won't be easy though. I can't let ya fight unless ya can swear yer strong enough to get the job done. Can I count on ya Tark?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Tark considered her offer for a moment, before nodding. 9 Meals would fill his belly. Then he could go take a nap, or find where Talon had secreted herself away. She was fond of doing that. Tark didn't mind... much.

"Alright Jenny. Sounds good. Some fights to get the appetite nice and ready, and meals to sate it. As for being strong enough..."

Tark smiled, taking out his Battleaxe and embedding it in the wall of a nearby building, the masonry falling inward.

"...I am. I'll be suprised if any of my meals even scratches me."

Tark smiles. He has the utmost confidence in his Hierro. It would not fail him. Ever. Tark swung his Axe down now, cleaving it into the ground. He spat in his palm, and head it out, clearing expecting Genoveva to do likewise.

"You find nine idiots to fight me, and I'll get rid of them. No trouble. Deal?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward was not the least bit dismayed by the man's response. "Oh come on... I've got all sorts of artsy artisans that are itching for a new project to begin. They could make you a new stage far grander than what you have here. You'd have a huge audience too. Why would you want the other Espada to be able to contact you easily? You'd rather serve them than compose music? Ugh." He pretended to gag. "Whatever you've got here we can improve upon. Star players? I've got citizens that devote their entire lives to perfecting their skills. And that's not all. There all sorts of plays going on. Wouldn't you like to provide the music for those? Perhaps the scripts and performances would give you some inspiration."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The Conductor shook his head, still emotionless.

"This stage suits my needs, and I have all the audience I want."

The Conductor smiles faintly, entirely aware that the space behind him is completely empty.

"As for the Espada, my wishes are immaterial. Von Geister has instructed me to be available to them, and so I am. Until he orders that to change, I will continue to follow it. My Star Players are not something that can be replaced so easily. Despair and terror add such sweet overtones to most pieces, and I fear replicating such with your subortinates would prove... unpopular. And I have no wish to demean my art by doing any such thing as playing for the Theatre."

The Conductor nodded. He was no one to provide background color. Music was the only thing that mattered.

"If you wish to make a request for me to do so, please do so, and I will do my best to fufill it."