New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edward was happy to see there weren't any significant objections. "Don't worry. There's no cheating involved. The rules for the event are just really open ended. I don't doubt your abilities but I want to make sure you win so I asked Pan through his fracción to possess you while you fight. You stay in control of your body while he gets to enjoy riding along inside you with the best seat in the house. You get to have fun obliterating your opponents with some ridiculous raw power. The rules say an Espada can't fight for you but he won't be. Together you'll be one person and since you're technically doing all the work it's alright. You're a Privaron, not one of us ten. At least not right now. So it's all good. Tark's going to be participating and he's a pretty beefy guy. It wouldn't be very satisfying if he could just absorb everything you threw at him right? Besides, I'm sure others will try to do whatever it takes to get an advantage. And think of it this way, Pico's going to be indebted to all three of us. Doesn't that sound swell? I know you think I'm some sniveling little pantywaist, but hey, isn't him owing such a person gratitude amusing?"
    "There is such a thing as the spirit of the rules, you know." Apolinar glared at Edward, before continuing. "Then again, I'd bet my good eye that absolutely everyone involved in this is searching for some loophole to gain an advantage..." The general turns to face the arena, pausing thoughtfully. "Ah, to hell with it. There's upholding your honour, then there's being a fool for reputation's sake... Pico needs a humbling anyway."

Noticing the Fraccion shuffling about, Apolinar turns to him, making a guess to his intention. "Keen to leave already, Tandon? In that case I'll just call in that favour you owe me right now: My words said earlier stand, you smug, condescending, mincing, unmanly, deceitful, irritating, cowardly, effete, gutless, flouncy little prat." Turning back to Edward, Apolinar continues as if he hadn't just been incredibly petty, mean and demeaning to his Fraccion. "Anyway. I'll take that offer... Did you need to tell me anything else?"
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #512
    Orc in the Playground

[Sector Eight]
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Ruwa may get a partial answer to this question.

Because right about this time, Vicente runs by at high speed. The poor fellow hasn't been successful yet, so he's still clad in just a loincloth (one that's very securely fastened). The brief glimpse she gets would reveal that as far as he's concerned, he might as well be decked out in his normal attire.

'Note to self: Never follow Alejandro again. Unless ordered to do so by him or the Ghost King.' he thinks angrily to himself.
    Ruwa blinks.

Then blinks again.

Then, continues on her path. "Sssomeone needsss a tan..."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita freezes at Apolinar's rant. For a moment, he just stares at the General, silver grey eyes wide open. For a moment, it seems he might even get angry...

... and then a cheerful smile returns on his face, and he gives Apolinar a mockingly polite bow. "My pleasure to be of service, General Rodriguez, sir. If you ever need me again, just send me a message." With those words, the Fraccion is off, leaving behind a small cloud of dust as he Sonidoes back to Segunda's sector and begins looking around for a more comfortable attire to lounge in.

Oh, and his binoculars, too. Can't forget those.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nope. I believe Katarina may still be at it with Pan smoothing things out so I'd appreciate it if you wait a bit to meet up with him at the arena to confirm that you'll be working together personally. I've no doubt she'll succeed. Thanks for your help." Edward quickly left to meet Pico and Amada at their palacio.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-28 at 02:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Katarina followed him into the shadows. Well, Pan-sama, this isn't easy for me deciding where to begin or what to say, so here goes: some of the espada are involved in a plan to make the privaron espada, Apolinar, who will be Pico-sama's champion for the upcoming grand melee hosted by Genoveva-sama, win. I was contacted by another espada who wished that you help with this plan. They told me that you would be rewarded for your efforts, but rathered that I asked you so you know that I don't think this plan is a wasted effort. Your help, they told me, would be greatly appreciated. Plus, I'm not so sure if you can refuse this, they were very specific in talking about you. I know this is confusing and sudden, and I'm sorry for that. Do you want me to tell you the details of the plan?
    As Pan listens, he begins to look a little suspicious.

Which Espada had approached you about it?

6. - Top - End - #516
    Halfling in the Playground

Katarina looked up, surprised. Oh, the Segunda, sir. He was very nice about it.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

7. - Top - End - #517
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Don't mention it..." Apolinar calls after the disappearing Espada. "Not that you will, mind, but whatever." After heading back to the gate, he stands and muses for some time about what just happened. Well, I'm probably a pawn somehow, and there's probably a ridiculous scheme or two, but- Why the hell am I thinking about this, anyway?

It seemed that Apolinar's mood would not improve anytime soon.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Pixie in the Playground

Pan doesn't look very childish right now, he appears to be thinking hard for a moment.

Oh... So what else do you know about this plan? Is it Edward's?

9. - Top - End - #519

There are other espada involved in it, so it's hard to believe. To tell you the truth, I assume it is his, but I'm not entirely sure. He told me that he wants you to use your powers to enhace Apolinar's, making Apolinar stronger than any of the other champions. She paused, wondering what she should say next. Now this wouldn't necessarily be considered cheating, because it would be you controlling him, sort of like a puppet. And in return, you will be rewarded with some of Genoveva-sama's prisoners.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #520
    Pixie in the Playground

Pan looked up at Katarina

Genoveva's prisoners? So this is part of some wager between Genoveva and the others. Do you know what would happen if she wins?

11. - Top - End - #521

He didn't tell me that, sir. I am only a fraccion really, a messenger of sorts. I don't know what would happen if Genoveva-sama's champion won, but I'm pretty sure that if you use your powers to amplify Apolinar's own, he will be unbeatable. Katarina sighed.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward finally made it to Pico's palacio and knocked on whatever most resembled a front door. He ignored any bothersome fracción or citizens in the area and waited for either Pico or Amada to answer. As he waited he imagined Amada as Rapunzel suddenly letting down her hair from the top of the tower so that he could secretly climb up it and meet her. Oh how romantic that would be.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-28 at 08:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Pico's Palacio

Less romantic is how the front door opened, kicked open irately as a short figure stepped out to stand in front of the Palacio.

"Hey, what's your problem? Pico-sama is trying to sleep, and you going pounding on his door!" she huffs out with her hands on her hips, starring resolutely at whoever dared to disturb her lord's rest...to find herself staring right at the Segunda, Edward. "...Crap."

Clearing her throat, the diminuitive Fraccion straightens up and holds herself properly, allowing irritation to be replaced by cool nothing. Best not to show emotion.

"Ahem, my apologies Edward-sama, I had thought it to be an interloper seeking to waste my lord's time. I did not think one of the revered Espada would be here. How can I be of assistance?" Amada says formally, even as she begins to sweat it a little. If he was anything like the stories of other Espada, he might just decide to take her head off for the insult...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Sensing her nervousness Edward attempted to put her at ease. "Relax Amada, I'd never hurt you. If anything I'm the one who should be scared. I'm at your mercy. At any time you could break my heart. Anyways, I've come here to tell you of a plan I have to help your master. I've gotten Apolinar to be his champion in the upcoming event at the arena and Pan will be helping him to ensure he wins using his unique powers of enhancement. He is nearly certain to win as a result. Might I come inside so we can both take a seat and talk?" He wore a cheerful smile as he spoke.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-28 at 09:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Pixie in the Playground

Pan studied Katarina's face as she spoke. He had felt something welling up in his gut he couldn't place the feeling but it felt horrible. He turned away from her to examine his own feet before he spoke again.

Without knowing much, I can't agree to it. If I am, we'll have to change that. ...Do you have any idea where Edward is?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Pico's Palacio

Edward's reassurances don't actually seem to do much for assuaging her fears of beheading, defenestration, disembowelment, or any other sort of long word meant to show a grisly way for one to be maimed. It certainly didn't help that Edward seemed to be so...friendly.

Amada's tattooed eyes blink rapidly as she processes what had been said, relaxing from her posture just a bit. If he was telling the truth then it provided an 'out' for the situation that Pico currently found himself embroiled in. Course, if it was a trick then it'd just be digging a deeper hole for him to be buried in. Was it really worth the risk?

"Um...Well...Pico is still sleeping, as I said, but if you'd like then you could discuss this plan with me and I can tell him when he wakes up?" Amada says slowly as a smile begins to form on her pale face, stepping back and out of the way to allow Edward entry.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward momentarily frowned a little seeing that she still didn't feel secure around him but his smile quickly returned. He began to walk leisurely into the building and just as he was about to completely pass the threshold he spun about to pull out a bouquet of sea green roses from behind his back which he offered to Amada with an outstretched arm and a bow. "These are for you," he said softly. Afterwards he turned back to the room and waited for her to take a seat. Once she did he would do the same.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-28 at 11:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    Pan studied Katarina's face as she spoke. He had felt something welling up in his gut he couldn't place the feeling but it felt horrible. He turned away from her to examine his own feet before he spoke again.

Without knowing much, I can't agree to it. If I am, we'll have to change that. ...Do you have any idea where Edward is?
    Katarina decided that it was time to make some serious lies. Well...hold on, I do remember what Genoveva-sama said. If she won the tournament, Pico would have to present her with one or two of his fraccion....Amada, I think that's her name, for example. Nothing would be taken from you. She paused, thinking furiously. I....I think Edward's in love with me really, because he gave me some rather good compromises without asking anything in return. I'll try to remember everything I can sir, but in the meantime, some questions will probably help to jog my memory.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Pico's Palacio

Amada tenses when Edward abruptly spins and whips out a bouquet of roses from behind his back, seemingly from no where, and reluctantly takes them from Edward's hand and carries them with her to the seats she finds for them.

"Um...thank you. Where on earth did you grow flowers in Hueco Mundo though?" she can't help but ask, pointedly sitting across from the arrancar-man and holding the bouquet in her lap. For a long, and admittedly awkward, time Amada simply sat there and stared at the Segunda with her one exposed eye before noisily clearing her throat, "So...yeah. What does this plan of yours actually entail? I mean...I should probably ascertain if there's a threat to Pico-sama inherent in this scheme."

It was the simple truth, it was her job as Fraccion to try and promote Pico's interests where she could, even if she was a bit...rude to him in private when he needed a good smack or two.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

"I grow them in my personal garden at my palacio. I'd be delighted if you visited it some time. They live off reishi. As long as they are steadily supplied with it they will never expire." He paused as she asked her other question. "There's no threat to Pico. I've arranged for Apolinar and Pan to help him all on my own. He doesn't need to do anything other than give whatever prisoners he might win from Genoveva to Pan. He won't win anything as a result but he won't lose anything either, and believe me, he's got a lot to lose. I mean, just look at you. I think I'm offering a pretty good solution to his troubles. I doubt he can find a better champion than one that has the combined power of a privaron and a current espada. Genoveva's given us vague enough rules that he won't have to worry about being disqualified. I'm not doing this for him though, I'm doing this for you." Edward stared at her doe-eyed with a look of contentment plastered on his face.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-30 at 09:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Pico's Palacio

"I'll think about doing that Edward-san but Pico-sama keeps me pretty busy with keeping things in order and all." Amada says, somewhat uncomfortably at that, before listening to the rest of what Edward had to say with growing alarm.

"Hold on just a minute here! Just what do I have to do with Pico losing and how is this for me? I think you skipped a couple of important sentences you should backtrack too." Amada says, standing up from her chair with hands on her hips. It was meant to be imposing but...well...it's not.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward remained seated. "I thought Pico would've told you by now that the bet he made with Genoveva didn't specify who she might take from him if he lost which means she could take you as a prize. Do you think he has room to argue how she chooses to interpret their agreement? As for how this is for you, well, I don't want you to be unwillingly separated from him. I couldn't care less about how he'd feel if he lost you. Your feelings are all that matter." Edward seemed to grow bored of all this explaining. "I really like that pose you're doing by the way. It's exhilarating."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-30 at 08:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well...He told me, but he didn't tell me that I wasn't exempt from it." Amada says as a vein begins to pop on her forehead.

Geez, if I get traded to the Primera like a side of beef, things will just go bad for me. I'm not even guaranteed a position as a fraccion, but that's the least of my problems!

Edward's comments though seem to deflate some of Amada's bluster though and she stares at him with utter bafflement.

Er...he is an Espada, right? This isn't some guy posing as Edward is it? Cause that'd explain soooo much right now.

"Why do you care what happens to me? I'm not even your fraccion or subject!" She questions aloud.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward sighed at the little lady's query, stood and gradually walked over to her side. "Because I'm madly in love with you," he said simply.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Katarina decided that it was time to make some serious lies. Well...hold on, I do remember what Genoveva-sama said. If she won the tournament, Pico would have to present her with one or two of his fraccion....Amada, I think that's her name, for example. Nothing would be taken from you. She paused, thinking furiously. I....I think Edward's in love with me really, because he gave me some rather good compromises without asking anything in return. I'll try to remember everything I can sir, but in the meantime, some questions will probably help to jog my memory.
    Pan looked back up at Katarina, wide eyed at this admission about Edward. As Katarina continued to speak he felt himself growing numb as as familiar if old feelings seeped through him. At first a wave of panic struck him and he wanted desperately to cling to Katarina. The urge ebbed away though, along with his panic as anger took him over. He was seething inside, not at Katarina, never her, but at Edward. The Espada was using her, he couldn't see it any other way. Pan looked away again, at the gillian's massive spindly legs when he spoke again.

Maybe we should speak to Edward directly about it. There isn't too much time before then. We'd have to speak too him anyway... how about now? Better sooner then later.

26. - Top - End - #536

Katarina nodded. Whatever you say. However, I've absolutely no idea where he is now.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere in Las Noches sat a figure. Garoux Lobosolo was sat on a piece of rubble he had personally acquired and moved to this spot as a form of seating. The unyielding discomfort of it suited him just fine. Kept him on edge, alert and attentive. Kept him from sliding into distracting contentment, kept his mind on the task at hand, which at this moment consisted of whittling away at several branches taken from the crystalline trees of Hueco Mundo.

The Numero sliced off a segment of crystal - razor sharp along one edge, his hierro rendering the other, less deadly edge holdable. Its balance wasn't perfect, but he could work on it easily enough. And so Roux returned to his work.

((OOC: He's ready for Vincente to discover him whenever, KD. ))

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Somewhere in Las Noches sat a figure. Garoux Lobosolo was sat on a piece of rubble he had personally acquired and moved to this spot as a form of seating. The unyielding discomfort of it suited him just fine. Kept him on edge, alert and attentive. Kept him from sliding into distracting contentment, kept his mind on the task at hand, which at this moment consisted of whittling away at several branches taken from the crystalline trees of Hueco Mundo.

The Numero sliced off a segment of crystal - razor sharp along one edge, his hierro rendering the other, less deadly edge holdable. Its balance wasn't perfect, but he could work on it easily enough. And so Roux returned to his work.

((OOC: He's ready for Vincente to discover him whenever, KD. ))
    "Do you simply prefer a weapon besides your own power's blade, or are you a fan of backup weapons?"

Vicente stood about a dozen feet behind and to the left (roughly Roux's 8'oclock), as if he'd been there forever. He hadn't visually hidden his approach, but he couldn't stop how silent he was, or how absorbed in his task Roux was.

"Tell me. Do you plan to only ever sharpen that weapon...Or would you like a reason to use it?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Pico's Palacio

Time seems to drag on and somewhere in the distance the two would be able to swear that a hollow-cricket began to chirp as Amada stares at him with wide eyes.

Wa-wait WHAT?!

"Yo-you don't even know me that well! How could you possibly love me?! This is nuts!" She exclaims, almost babbling as she stares up at Edward. It was hard not to stare at this point, the entire world seemed to turn upside down on her. Suddenly she didn't blame Pico for deciding to drink his problems away at time, especially as she plops down back in her chair with a dazed look on her face.

"I must have a tumor or something, I can't have heard that..."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward knelt down and peered up at Amada as she sat. "How could I not harbour such feelings for you? The moment I saw you I was caught hook, line and sinker. That elegant flowing hair, your fluid movements and that deep liquid sea green eye. I feel like I could drown in it. It's as perfect as a pearl. You're absolutely gorgeous. I just can't help but get all bubbly and shower you with praise. With looks like yours the world is your oyster. The fact that you've reeled me in without even knowing it is proof." He was utterly enthralled by her.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-01 at 07:31 PM.