New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

"Thank you for overseeing the arrangements, Landa. The construction is going as expected. Edward decided he was above helping me, and it will show. But in all the skybox should work out well. I trust you will be joining me tomorrow?" Sereg replies to her, still looking up at the clear glass skybox. Now a layer of single way mirroring is being draped across the facility, allowing the Espada to watch the proceedings and not be seen. He turns to look at Landa~Ora as he finishes his question.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Jadakiss
    Guest in the Playground

Landa~Ora replies, "Why yes. Tomorrow shall be a splended day! Is there anything else I might assist you with, Sereg?"

3. - Top - End - #573

"No, Landa. I do not require anything else. Feel free to go about your business until tomorrow." He tells her before going up to the skybox.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Jadakiss
    Guest in the Playground

"Sure thing. See you then." Landa voices, giving the same cherubic smile as before. She turns and exits through the doors she entered, and returns to the placio for the night.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Voice of the Legion

(Note: Italics without quotation marks denote signed communications. "Italics with quotation marks denote speech with emphasis.")

Strategos, construction materials in place. Our orders are completed.

"Good. I will report to the master at once. Return to me."

As you will.

At the top of Hueco Mundo is the King of Hollows, Erscheinung Von Geister, and immediately beneath him are his ten swords, the Espada--as such, the Espada are in a position of power, ruling the entirety of the empty world of Hueco Mundo, answering to none but the corrupt King himself and his consort. The personal servants of these Espada, therefore, are in a position of great power, for only 12 other beings in all of Hueco Mundo wield greater authority than they do, and so the Fracción of the ten Espada tend to consider themselves above menial labor such as construction.

Not so for El Voz de la Legión. His Aspect of Death is undying loyalty, dedication despite truth, reason, and danger. If his master Sereg Arturo ordered it, he will do it, be it suicide or self-humiliation.

Today's task was to supervise and assist with the construction of the Skybox. Thanks to the utilitarian value of Voz's Resurrección, it was the duty of Voz to haul materials to the construction site. Again, most Hollows, much less the personal Fracción of the ten most powerful Arrancar under von Geister in Hueco Mundo, would consider using their power for merely building things to be an insult, but there is no place for such pride in Voz's mind, only loyalty.

The Voice of the Legion raises his hand into the sky and makes a fist. In a flash, the thousand Phalangitai under his command disappear, and Voz seals his power into his short sword.

He walks up to Sereg.

"Master. All construction materials have been delivered to the site. All that is left is for the slaves to finish building the Skybox. Progress goes as scheduled.

The Legion stands by for further orders."
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-07-07 at 09:46 AM.

6. - Top - End - #576

"Voz, we are done for the day. I will oversee the rest of construction personally, and be back to the Palacio before morning. The rest of your day is free as of now. What little is left of it. Do as you will, just remember that any action you take may reflect upon myself and The King." Sereg says to the warrior, hoping he would take the hint and take the rest of the day for leisure.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "Voz, we are done for the day. I will oversee the rest of construction personally, and be back to the Palacio before morning. The rest of your day is free as of now. What little is left of it. Do as you will, just remember that any action you take may reflect upon myself and The King." Sereg says to the warrior, hoping he would take the hint and take the rest of the day for leisure.
    Leisure? I...hmm. "As you command, Master. The Legion will...take the rest of the day off." He bows and marches off.

What to do next? Chess again?

The...rest of the Legion are bored with Chess, Strategos.

Very well. Shogi?

Erm...

Then we have nothing else to do.

Perhaps the others wish to converse?

I had thought that the rest of the Legion had little to say?

We mean the other Arrancar, Strategos.

...I see...

And so Voz marches off, looking for a conversation companion.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

Arcelia's fraccion, Lia, takes Talon's terseness as disinterest. She politely stays and converses a little more before excusing herself so as to leave Talon to whatever would most interest her. The Espada herself walks alone through her palace, thinking quietly as she waits for Genoveva's tournament to begin.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcelia's Palacio

It would just be a niggling sensation at the back of Arcelia's mind at first, the feeling of eyes upon her and watching her movements. Nor would that sensation go away, but rather grow stronger the longer it persists as if the mystery watcher was drawing closer and closer.

Familiar, but not hostile, eyes at that.

Soon enough, and it would likely come as no surprise to Arcelia, she'd feel an arm slipping about her waist from behind, another crossing over her left shoulder so slender fingers could caress her cheek. Warm breath tickles at her ear as a voice whispers to her ever so softly..

"Arrrrcccceelllliaaa-chaaann...did you miss me?" the Primera whispers playfully, the shorter arrancar almost up on her tip-toes as she leans against Arcelia's back.

"Ah know it ain't 'een long since we talked but Ah had such 'onderful news. Just 'ad to share it." Genoveva whispers, breath still tickling the Espada Tres' cheek, "'ut ya first...'hy do Ah feel a Privaron lazing 'bout here? Thought ya didn't like fighting.."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

Arcelia appeared to remain calm, her face a well composed mask, but Genoveva might feel that her pulse is just a bit too quick. One way or another, Genoveva's appearance got to Arcelia, though it's difficult to figure out in what way.
    "I still don't, Genoveva, but I do entertain visitors."
    Tercera replies smoothly, placing her left hand over Genoveva's. She hasn't made any attempt to shift her position, allowing Genoveva to act as she wants so far.
    "It makes so many more friends. Look, see? You're here too, aren't you?"
    She turns her head just enough so that she can look back at Genoveva with one sparkling eye and a smug grin.
    "So what's the occasion?"

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Arcelia's Palacio

Might never seemed to factor into it, two fingers trace along the line of Arcelia's throat, right across where one's pulse might be. A soft and throaty chuckle into the other's ear then, even as Arcelia would feel herself minutely tugged back towards her, the hand about her waist drifting up until it rests between Arcelia's breasts just above her heart.

"What's da matter Arcelia-chaaaannn? Scared? Excited? Worried 'bout somethin'? Ah can feel it ya know..how fast yer blood is pumping..." Genoveva teases with an almost evil sounding giggle, still in that rather...intimate position.

"Tch. Who needs friends when ya can have allies?" the Primera comments off-hand, just before a wicked grin comes to her lips. A brief but sharp pain as she 'nips' the Tereca, hard enough to leave a light mark on the other Espada's throat.

"Ah met a' interestin' fella in mah Palacio. Made mah blood boil just lookin' at em. So...timid but he coulda been a Fraccion so easily. Ah'm taking him to the melee..wanna see how 'e handles de violence, eh? Who knows? Might decide to keep'em on as a Fraccion. After all, ya have a new one yerself." she whispers softly, words not carrying even a foot or two away as another throaty chuckle bubbles out of her throat.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

"Intruders don't really soothe my nerves, Genoveva. I didn't survive this long by leaving down my guard, even if I don't like fighting."
    Arcelia replies, a slight hint of annoyance entering her voice. However, she gives a small sigh a moment later, and she still doesn't resist Genoveva's hold, so she can't be all that put out over it. She seems a little amused by Genoveva's opinion on friends, and listens quietly to her as she speaks, then closes her eyes as she feels the Primera's breath drawing closer.

Genoveva feels Arcelia's body tense under her hands as she bites, then slowly slip back to normal after. The messenger voices no complaint, and in fact does not vocally acknowledge it at all, though Genoveva can feel her weight shifting a little closer, pressing back slightly against her.

"Are you sure he's timid, Genoveva?"
    She asks, her voice soft, but controlled.
    "What made you think that about him?"

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

"Awww, ya don't think of me as 'n intruder, do ya Arcelia-chan? Aft-ter that 'onderful minute we spent up in my tower or...well we nevuh talked that much before dat, huh?" comes the little quip, almost thoughtful even as she feels the other arrancar tensing up from her impromptu bite.

If anything she lets Arcelia lean up against her smaller body, supporting the other's weight as the hand over Arcelia's heart presses down with a slight pressure.

"Suspicious Arcelia? How come? Ya are allowed ta have yer little playthins' but Ah'm not? Tsk, ya don't look good green." the Primera taunts softly, "Ahh, but 'e is. Ya'll see 'im soon enough, eh? Either he's timid as a bunny or 'e's a better liar den you..."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

"I don't assume that arrancar sneaking into my palace are you, Genoveva."
    Arcelia says, her tone tinged with amusement.
    "Should I? Is this going to become a regular occurrence?"

As Genoveva taunts Arcelia, the messenger looks back at her, wearing a little smile that says Genoveva is far off the mark.
    "Interesting opinion."
    She says delicately.
    "But I don't really care much about him. Why would you think I did? I care about your thoughts on timidity, Genoveva. Though, not just timidity. I want to know what you think it is, how you use the word, what you would apply it to. You use it with such scorn, after all."

Arcelia lightly trails a finger down Genoveva's left arm, turning her attention to it.
    "On the other hand, you seem to find it intriguing. Making him a fraccion? An odd thing to even contemplate about someone you so despise."

She smiles, but it is not a comforting smile, nor a smile Genoveva has seen on her yet- far crueler and predatory by far, like an animal toying with its prey.
    "And then, there was the last time we met, and now. You like this, don't you? A feeling of control."
    Her left hand takes Genoveva's, bringing their palms together.
    "Before then, you told me everything that went through your mind. All the thoughts of what you could do to me."

Arcelia turns, moving easily in a manner that pushed her weight further against Genoveva, and also emphasized her height, the dynamic of the situation shifting so smoothly as Arcelia continues to smile, pressing down on Genoveva while Genoveva's arm around her is the only thing that keeps the Primera from falling.
    "But there was one little contrast later: You liked it when I put a little force behind my words, didn't you?"
    Golden strands of hair sweep down as Arcelia brings her head closer to Genoveva's, leaning a little lower to do so.
    "Even then though, you were ready against me. You just keep going back and forth, Genoveva. I wonder... what is it that you really want?"

One white gloved hand lightly slides up Genoveva's back to her neck, which it traces over softly, teasing and yet still threatening, so close to the vital places in Genoveva's body. Even with the lesser strength that she possessed, Arcelia was capable of inflicting heavy harm on someone this vulnerable and open to her.
    "What would you prefer... control, or someone who controlled? And would you know which, even if you thought you did?"
    That menacing little smile turns amused as Arcelia lets up, ceding a little control back to Genoveva, so she wouldn't feel the need to take it back.
    "I'm sorry, sometimes I just get a little carried away with my thoughts."
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-07-07 at 04:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei, lowering herself to the floor, calls out. "Ruwaaaa... I'm going out for a bit. Can you look after the Shinigami for a while?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

[Palacio Octava]

Mei receives no response, given that Ruwa is currently out.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei heads back up... and wraps the knockout webbing over Jiro's mouth and nose. "That should keep you out."

She does stick a note to the door, asking that whoever gets back first can check on him.

And then... she heads for Genoveva's Palace!

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

"Really? Cause Ah'm rather used to it mahself by now. Bunch of jobbing squatters can't manage ta keep da blood off my floor." Genoveva says offhand, her own voice tinged with curious indifference, "Why shouldn't it? Edward-kun, you, and me are da three ace's-in-the-hole for Las Noches, Ah think we should get along better..."

"Why would Ah think that? Simple..he's an unknown..Ah know ya love yer word games with people's heads..and yer good at it too. But to be good ya have to know da players and dis is a new one." the words come easily, closed eyes still so mischievous even as Arcelia's own body touches upon her own, "Does it need particularley deep thought? Ain't like a Ah need a fraccion to do much after all. But 'e's an anomaly..so Ah want to keep 'im where Ah want 'im."

"Arcelia-chaaann~! Ya finally baring yer fangs? Ah haven't disturbed ya, have I?" Genoveva says with something akin to admiration tinging her sickly sweet voice as the hand takes her own, her own fingers limp in the other arrancar's grasp. For once the Primera even remains silent, her fox-like grin only growing wider as Arcelia spins the dynamic around like it was a top. Genoveva wasn't exactly large for an arrancar, nor was she short, but it was still relatively simple for the Tereca to smile and support the Primera from falling over.

But there wasn't a sign..a tell to betray a quickening of her pulse as Arcelia leans in close to her, nothing besides that damnable grin at the other woman's words and thoughts. Even more surprisingly...she made no move to defend herself as the gloved hand teases across the back of her throat, just letting out a long slow breath as the menacing smile turns amused. So very quiet, waiting for what was going to happen next. Not the terrified silence of cornered prey or the snarling submission of a beaten down predator, no amusement, just silence.

Finally the Primera began to laugh, softly at first, but then louder until finally she reaches up to wipe an imaginary tear from her left eye.

"Is dat it then? De limit of yer moxy?" she says gleefully.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-07-07 at 05:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

And finally, Mei walks up to Genoveva's Palace... and knocks.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

Arcelia gives a little laugh as well, which is quite genuine in its sound, and does not sound as if it is being made at Genoveva's expense.
    "I suppose it did look like I was putting myself on display, didn't it?"
    She brings her right hand up to gently brush through Genoveva's hair in a strangely reassuring manner.
    "No, Genoveva. But let me tell you what really set all this off."
    She leans in closer to whisper softly to her, as if sharing a secret.
    "There's a difference, Genoveva, between timidity and passivity. And I wondered if you really knew."

Her left hand tightens around Genoveva's hand, not forcefully, but to remind her that it is there.
    "Do I seem timid, to you? Is it spineless of me, to place no defenses between us- but instead, to invite you in? Is it out of fear that I hold your hand the way I do? Am I trembling as you try to exert your dominance over me?"
    Gently resting her cheek against Genoveva's, she continues to speak quietly.
    "Your boldness is not the only form of strength, Genoveva. Standing calm in the lion's den does not draw attention as fiery displays do, but do not think it is any less courageous.
    "Though..."

Her last word is suddenly a bit more playful and mischievous in tone, and she drops the quietness of her words as well.
    "Maybe comparing you to a lion isn't quite apt. I'm not really sure I'm in as much danger here as a poor mortal in a lion's den. I think you're having far too much fun to want to do anything to me, at least just yet."

With that, Arcelia drops Genoveva's hand and slides her arms around her, grinning down cheerfully.
    "Am I right?"

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    "That'd be awesome." Canguro grinned, pulling out one of the letters to read the first name. She blinked as he told her about the plants, looking to the leaf in her other hand.

"Oh! Sorry 'bout that. I was curious, heard the plants absorbed reishi." She quickly stuffed the leaf into her mouth before reading the letter, waiting until she finished eating the leaf before opening her mouth

"Okay... first one is someone named Bailarina..." she read the name aloud.

((OOC: Im just making up names of people, not sure if I should use names of other characters >,>. The name is Spanish for dancer))
    "Oh, I'm afraid she's not here anymore", Lalita lies, feigning grief with surprising skill. "She got caught up in a battle between two bloodthirsty Menos when she was visiting Decima's sector - truly tragic. But I gues we could take it to her, ah, sister. Follow me."

Lalita starts tip-toeing trough the halls of the palacio, smiling smugly whenever he's sure Canguro can't notice. If Canguro pays close attention, she might realize Lalita is just leading her around in a circle - if she's not distracted by plants in a vast gardenhouse they walk through, that is.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

Genoveva's almost maniacal smile of good cheer never fades as the other releases her hand and slips her arms around her. Normally, with almost anyone else, Genoveva would have slipped her zanpakuto between the speaker's ribs for what had just been said to her, out of spite if nothing else, but she hadn't...yet anyway.

Rather, she leans up closer to Arcelia and begins to chuckle again...

"Fer now." is all that she says before leaning back languidly, stretching like a cat within the other Espada's embrace before turning her attention unto Arcelia once more, "Anywho, tis all Ah wanted to say. Guess Ah should be goin' then."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

"Actually, as it happens, there was something I wanted to ask you."
    Arcelia says.
    "You came in at just the right time."

A little more at ease now that Genoveva has confirmed that she won't be getting stabbed at least for the moment, Arcelia's tension and suspicion seems to seep away, replaced by quiet confidence and scheming.
    "I was trying to think of the best way to get myself involved in your little game, and I realized that while you're in charge, you're also participating. So you're not really in the best position to interpret the rules... if you do, the others will be angry if you twist them in your favor, and I don't doubt some conflict over them will show up."

"But, as I'm not participating- and because I do tend to act as a messenger and steward- I could be quite impartial. And I do have authority enough to where they would have to put some thought into contesting me.
    "I have a few little ideas of how I can enforce things if people get unruly, as well."

She brushes her lips over Genoveva's cheek, then kisses her cheek softly.
    "Let me judge the competition, should it be needed."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Arcelia's Palacio

The Primera remains silent as the Espada Tres reveals her idea, head tilted to the side quizzically like a child observing a most curious animal. But the suggestion doesn't seem to bother her that much, if anything she begins to throatily chuckle once more even as the other kisses her cheek.

"Hehehe..'ow very interestin'! Ah think ya should do et anyway, don't wait fer someone to ask, ya know?" Genoveva says slowly, as if thinking about the idea even as she agrees with it, the hnd on Arcelia's chest rising to scratch Arcelia underneath of her chin.

"Knew there was a reason to keep an ya..." she says softly as one hand catches the other Espada's chin so that the Primera can lean up for a brief peck on the lips. "Should make things much more excitin' then they already woulda been."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia's Palace

Arcelia seems rather pleased with Genoveva's praise of her.
    "It's your competition, Genoveva. I could just judge it on my own, but if I have your permission, then that gives me authority that will be difficult to deny. There's a difference between the judgment of a bystander and an appointed official."

There is a moment's pause and consideration before she continues.
    "I suppose I could force others to accept my opinion, but you know that's not how I conduct myself."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Vicente turns to look back at Garoux, then returns his attention to his path as he speaks.

"Then it is indeed fortunate that I am not seeking to conduct a test just now. I am merely moving towards our destination with the most efficient speed for myself. If you had had issues keeping up, I would have slowed until we reached your maximum efficient speed. I believe Sir Alejandro will have more specific tests in mind."

Even now, they are drawing close to the entrance for the Palacio Cuarta. Vicente is delighted on this inside; he will finally be able to again dress in something more fitting one of his stature.
    "Cuarta's sector. Hm. Interestin', Ortiz. Didn't have him down as the sort to get involved with this."

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    "Cuarta's sector. Hm. Interestin', Ortiz. Didn't have him down as the sort to get involved with this."
    Vicente keeps guiding them in, slowing their pace as they enter the sector. They're very close to the Palacio now.

"I'm sure Sir Alejandro will explain any questions you have regarding this situation. I find that, at times, his plans are deep enough even I cannot see the results beforehand."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei is still knocking on Genoveva's door.

...she's nothing if not persistent.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Vicente keeps guiding them in, slowing their pace as they enter the sector. They're very close to the Palacio now.

"I'm sure Sir Alejandro will explain any questions you have regarding this situation. I find that, at times, his plans are deep enough even I cannot see the results beforehand."
    "Well, ain't you got a high opinion of yourself, Ortiz."

The wind their way through the rest of the sector, and soon after climb up the towers of the Palacio Cuarta to Aléjandro's quarters, Roux following the Fraccion all the way. The Espada's door is open, and he is sat reading a book, titled in the Roman alphabet as The Mabinogion.

"Ah, Vincente. I see you've brought someone back with you. Would you care to introduce us?"

Wait... is this an affectation, or is he actually like that?

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    "Well, ain't you got a high opinion of yourself, Ortiz."

The wind their way through the rest of the sector, and soon after climb up the towers of the Palacio Cuarta to Aléjandro's quarters, Roux following the Fraccion all the way. The Espada's door is open, and he is sat reading a book, titled in the Roman alphabet as The Mabinogion.

"Ah, Vincente. I see you've brought someone back with you. Would you care to introduce us?"

Wait... is this an affectation, or is he actually like that?
    Vicente smirked slightly

"Merely a confident assessment of my abilities."

Vicente bowed when they entered.

"Sir Alejandro, this is Garoux Lobosolo, Numero #12. He has agreed to fight for you, pending final approval of his terms. Which I will allow him to enumerate properly."

He hesitates for a moment.

"May I be excused then, Sir?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune