New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Von Geister enters the area of the gathered espada, announced by the sound of his cane tapping the floor, and speaks up with a smile.

"I think you should accept, Genoveva. It is not like you will lose anything of worth if he wins. Correct?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

At the sound of Geister's voice, Sereg immediately throws himself to the ground in a bow. "Lord Geister, I did not expect you here. I am sorry there were not preparations made for your arrival. Thank you for gracing my arena with your presence." Edward. Must. DIE!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Vicente smirks slightly at the simpering of the Septima.

'Sounds like he was an incompetent fool. Good to see such a being put in his place.'

Vicente unfolded his legs, standing on his feet. He then turned towards the Ghost King, clicked his heels together with positively military precision, and gave a deep bow that left his body in a 90 degree angle.

"Your Majesty. Always an honor."

Only then did Vicente straighten his posture. He did not re-seat himself, instead waiting until the monarch of the white sands was seated himself. It was only proper, after all.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-07-19 at 11:33 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Perfectly timed, Arcelia steps in after Von Geister. Clothed in trailing white and gold garments, she likely looks a queen amidst rabble in the arena. Carrying herself perfectly, a polite smile on her face, she enters with a light step and knowing eyes. Two of her servants enter behind her subtly, Lia of course being one of them.
    "I seem to have arrived a little late. Though I suppose a true king needs no herald beyond his own presence."
    Arcelia gives a curtsy rather than a bow, given that her dress would make a bow seem rather odd.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fortunato's keen supernatural senses alert him to the King's approach long before his physical arrival. As he senses Von Gester getting closer, the Quinta Espada stands slowly from his seat and turns around to face the entrance, hands folded behind his back. He bows deeply in respect.

"Your Majesty."

Having paid his respects, Fortunato deliberately sits once again, lacing his fingers in front of his face. He keeps one keen ear tuned in to the conversation between Genoveva and Sereg, his interest piqued.

I'm glad I've already taken care of all of my betting.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-07-20 at 08:23 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva's head tilts back in a uproarious peal of laughter, slapping her hand on the balcony even as the Old Ghost joins the other Espada. If anything that only makes her grin all the wider!

"Hah! Tis impossible to win, dat's why! Der's what...hundreds of hollows in dis stadium of yers? Betcha that there's more then forty adjuchas lurkin' about too. Unless Ah murdeered all of'em but his, there ain't no way I can win. Ah applaud ya fer tryin' to pull one over on me Sereg..just try ta hide it better next time!" She chuckles out loud, giving the kneeling Sereg a snicker and nod of the head.

Maybe Genoveva approved of the attempt to out-smart her, it was hard to tell though she gives a telling 'glance' at Anita as if to say 'see? that's a good start!'. It was Arcelia's entrance that stops the bout of laughter, making the Primera kip-up unto the edge of the sky box and give a low sweeping bow that was just a tad mocking of the third Espada. Even if Genoveva's expression said otherwise.

"Ahh, mon bel invité! Comment agreeable pour voir que le judge sévère est arrivé!" the Primera says eloquently, extending one hand towards Arcelia, "Will ya join me princesa?"
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-07-19 at 08:38 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva's head tilts back in a uproarious peal of laughter, slapping her hand on the balcony even as the Old Ghost joins the other Espada. If anything that only makes her grin all the wider!

"Hah! Tis impossible to win, dat's why! Der's what...hundreds of hollows in dis stadium of yers? Betcha that there's more then forty adjuchas lurkin' about too. Unless Ah murdeered all of'em but his, there ain't no way I can win. Ah applaud ya fer tryin' to pull one over on me Sereg..just try ta hide it better next time!" She chuckles out loud, giving the kneeling Sereg a snicker and nod of the head.

Maybe Genoveva approved of the attempt to out-smart her, it was hard to tell though she gives a telling 'glance' at Anita as if to say 'see? that's a good start!'. It was Arcelia's entrance that stops the bout of laughter, making the Primera kip-up unto the edge of the sky box and give a low sweeping bow that was just a tad mocking of the third Espada. Even if Genoveva's expression said otherwise.

"Ahh, mon bel invité! Comment agréable pour voir que le juge sévère est arrivé!" the Primera says eloquently, extending one hand towards Arcelia, "Will ya join me princesa?"
    "May I change my statement then, dear Genoveva? I will have a total of seven Adjuchas within the arena. Those seven will be seen by you beforehand, and all shall be within the arena proper, within fighting distance of all the other contestants. If a single one of them lives at the end of the match, you lose. If all seven are slain by a contestant, then you win. Sereg stands and looks at Genoveva as she walks away.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-07-19 at 08:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Vicente watched the Septima struggle to recover himself.

A hand moved up in front of his mouth, mostly covering the smile growing on his face. Another being besides himself, Alejandro, or the Ghost King being uncomfortable always amused him.

Despite his best efforts, a tiny shred of a chuckle escaped his mouth. Whether anyone heard it was up for debate. The slight shake of his shoulders was also only marginally visible as well.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Lalita fingers his earrings absent-mindedly as he watches Canguro's show of strenght. "Is that so? Interesting choice of weapon." He puts his hands behind his back and nods. "I wish you the best of luck, then, Miss Canguro. Please, don't get yourself injured. That would make both me and my master very sad."
    "There's no point in getting sad even if something does. Be too careful in life and you'll end up with regrets." Canguro said as she threw her hands behind her head.

"But... thanks for the concern." She added with a smile, before walking to where Apolinar walked off to.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister turns up to Vicente as Sereg grovels, giving the fraccion an approving glance, before turning back to the septima espada. And then Arcelia arrives, giving her line.

"Preparations are overrated, I did not even wait for my herald to arrive before me after all."

Von Geister turns to face Arcelia.

"The wait was worth it, you look stunning, my dear."

And back to Sereg.

"No. All I need is a chair. I am sure you have a vacant chair, Sereg. Don't you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #761
    Orc in the Playground

[Colosseum]

Talon sneaks her way to the stands, trying to seem as inconspicuous as possible. While she couldn't stand certain people there, well, she didn't want to miss any carnage.

However, she does make a point of picking a spot away from any other spectators, so it is likely for naught.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Von Geister turns up to Vicente as Sereg grovels, giving the fraccion an approving glance, before turning back to the septima espada. And then Arcelia arrives, giving her line.

"Preparations are overrated, I did not even wait for my herald to arrive before me after all."

Von Geister turns to face Arcelia.

"The wait was worth it, you look stunning, my dear."

And back to Sereg.

"No. All I need is a chair. I am sure you have a vacant chair, Sereg. Don't you?"
    Sereg bows deeply again.
    "Yes, Lord Geister. There are ten chairs awaiting the Espada inside the skybox overlooking the battlefield. Unfortunately I was told you were not coming, so I did not make the necessary preparations for one of your status. I shall stand as a self punishment for my insolence." He begins walking inside, looking back at Von Geister. "May I show you to your seat now, Lord Geister?"

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This is nearly too much for Vicente.

The Fraccion watches the proceedings further for a moment, then turns to the railing surrounding the skybox. He walks over and grips the rail, his gaze roaming over the stands.

For nearly a fully minute, his shoulders seem to shake on and off. Were somebody to assume, they might think he was having a good belly laugh at the Septima's plight.

This is ridiculous, though. After all, he's completely silent, and after about a minute, he turns back around to face the interior of the skybox.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-07-19 at 11:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita waves good bye to Canguro, before vanishing amidst the rest of the crowd. He doesn't seem too keen on joining his master in the skybox. Instead, he wanders behind Talon. Maybe by accident, maybe because he loves watching her squirm.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, there's no need for that, Sereg."
    Arcelia says, then looks towards Von Geister.
    "Nor is there need for you to stand, of course, and thank you."
    She smiles at his compliment and then gestures to Lia, who steps outside for a moment. Arcelia reaches out to take Genoveva's hand, though she still looks towards Von Geister.
    "I wasn't sure anyone would be able to prepare for you appropriately, so I took the liberty of doing so myself."

Lia reenters, with two other servants following her, carrying a large chair which looks rather like the throne in her palace (though it is obviously not the same one). They quickly place it in the most prominent empty place they can find, then withdraw from the room.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister walks away from Sereg and towards the chair brought by Arcelia's servants.

"Your offer is noted, Sereg, but I will take Arcelia's."

Von Geister takes his seat and shores his staff on the side.

"I will accept your self-imposed punishment, however... Perhaps Voz or Landa could use your seat instead."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei, at this moment, walks in, curtsying to Von Geister, then sitting in her seat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Vicente's smirk had deepened as the throne was carried up.

When the Ghost King declared that Sereg would still stand, he nearly lost it.

He had to turn towards the rail and have another fit of shaking shoulders before he was finally composed enough that he could calmly return to his place by Alejandro's seat. There, he once more resumed his midair lotus position.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

"If there is anything else you need, my king, my servants will provide."
    Arcelia smiles once more, then turns to Genoveva.
    "Now, where are we sitting?"

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

Genoveva, herself, managed to to avoid laughing at Sereg's plight, merely observing the Septima in a new light. If it was good or bad was up for debate but she managed to hide any laughter she might have been feeling unlike Vincente. Rather, she merely extends a hand to Arcelia to pull her up unto the balcony of the sky box to sit beside her.

"He he he...'ank ya for 'at." is all she says, though why is just as mysterious as to why she didn't laugh at Sereg.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

"For what?"
    Arcelia asks, raising an eyebrow. To most observers, her expression seems totally blank and innocent, though there is the faintest curve at the edge of her smile. The discerning viewer will not that she's enjoying something, though it is impossible to tell whether it is Genoveva's presence, Vincente's various attempts to hide his laughter, or Sereg's foolishness.
    The messenger sits besides Genoveva, moving carefully to avoid harming her clothing in any way.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

"Ya'll see." is all that Genoveva says in response, with that very same smirk on her face, casting a glance over her shoulder impatiently at all of the other Espada, their fraccion, and the Old Ghost himself.

"'ey, where's Pan and 'ico?" the Primera says off-hand, slitted eyes almost seeming to narrow at the lack of presence of the latter. Apparently she hadn't forgotten the bet at all which didn't bode particularly well for Pico if things went poorly.

"Hehe..'his should be good. 'nyone approach ya yet?" she whispers softly into the judge's ear, leaning in close to avoid another easily eavesdropping on her.

=================================================

Amada

There was no answer over the intercom, but soon Amada herself came through Pico's office door carrying a bouquet of flowers and a thing of chocolates with a dead-pan look upon her face. Silently she advances over to the desk and offers both of them to Pico.

"I can't accept these gifts Pico-sama. We aren't 'hooked up' like you slurred last night and I can't take these after Edward-san kindly offered them to you after you visited his Palacio. You seemed happy when you came back though." She says with an utterly straight face, looking the very image of the proper fraccion.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Arcelia rolls her eyes at Genoveva and whispers back.
    "I haven't even had a chance to tell anyone I'm judging. So what do you think?"
    She shakes her head.
    "I'll wait until everyone arrives, and make the announcement."

24. - Top - End - #774
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anita

Anita shifted awkwardly in her seat, looking at the other occupants of the skybox. Two espada were on the floor, while she, a fraccion, occupied a much-too-large throne. Even worse, the Ghost King (as Genoveva liked to call him) himself was present, making the fraccion even more uncomfortable. She brought her feet up onto the edge of the seat, putting her arms and satchel behind them; she did not want to look too comfortable in Genoveva's chair.

The fraccion simply wanted the arena match to start and finish as soon as possible, so she could return to her work.

25. - Top - End - #775

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Von Geister walks away from Sereg and towards the chair brought by Arcelia's servants.

"Your offer is noted, Sereg, but I will take Arcelia's."

Von Geister takes his seat and shores his staff on the side.

"I will accept your self-imposed punishment, however... Perhaps Voz or Landa could use your seat instead."
    Sereg stands dumbstruck for a number of moments, his eyes cold and unblinking. Finally his head jerks toward Geister and he begins blinking. "Yes, Lord Geister." He says evenly, walking to the back of the skybox.

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "Ah, there's no need for that, Sereg."
    Arcelia says, then looks towards Von Geister.
    "Nor is there need for you to stand, of course, and thank you."
    She smiles at his compliment and then gestures to Lia, who steps outside for a moment. Arcelia reaches out to take Genoveva's hand, though she still looks towards Von Geister.
    "I wasn't sure anyone would be able to prepare for you appropriately, so I took the liberty of doing so myself."

Lia reenters, with two other servants following her, carrying a large chair which looks rather like the throne in her palace (though it is obviously not the same one). They quickly place it in the most prominent empty place they can find, then withdraw from the room.
    Sereg pauses midstep, letting his foot slowly lower to the ground. "You...Knew? You knew that Lord Geister would be attending and you didn't find it fitting to tell me? Because of your inability to do your self tasked job I'm left looking like an incompetent fool?" He says, his words slowly growing in volume.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward took a seat beside Anita and leaned towards her. He slowly reached out and tapped her lightly on shoulder with a single finger. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you alright?" His words were soft and cautious as if he were speaking to a frightened animal or a small child. Both his voice and face held great concern. At the same time he was eavesdropping on the others nearby.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-07-20 at 05:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Vicente turns to view the commotion, an interested look on his face.

Well, he turns his head; his body continues to face the same direction. And he doesn't appear to have snapped his neck in the process.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Sereg pauses midstep, letting his foot slowly lower to the ground. "You...Knew? You knew that Lord Geister would be attending and you didn't find it fitting to tell me? Because of your inability to do your self tasked job I'm left looking like an incompetent fool?" He says, his words slowly growing in volume.
    Arcelia looks down at Sereg calmly, considering him only with slight disdain, and not much else.
    "Inability to do my job? I may be Tercera, but I cannot hope to come close to matching my king in any capacity. He decided to arrive first, as he said- and so he did. Or are you doubting the power of his majesty?"
    She looks closer at him, then smirks and relaxes, leaning against Genoveva.
    "How sad that you so swiftly turn to blaming me. You should really think your words through before you speak, Sereg. It would most certainly help you look like something other than a fool."
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-07-20 at 05:50 PM.

29. - Top - End - #779

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Arcelia looks down at Sereg calmly, considering him only with slight disdain, and not much else.
    "Inability to do my job? I may be Tercera, but I cannot hope to come close to matching my lord in any capacity. He decided to arrive first, as he said- and so he did. Or are you doubting the power of our king?"
    She looks closer at him, then smirks and relaxes, leaning against Genoveva.
    "How sad that you so swiftly turn to blaming me. You should really think your words through before you speak, Sereg. It would most certainly help you look like something other than a fool."
    "You had time to get the chair for Lord Geister. You're using this as an excuse to make yourself look better, aren't you? The question is, why undermine one who is lower on the totem pole than yourself? You gain nothing but selfish satisfaction at watching me be put on the spot when you could have easily prevented it. Did you leave before Lorg Geister?" Sereg's right hand slowly moves to the hilt of his weapon.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Edward took a seat beside Anita and leaned towards her. He slowly reached out and tapped her lightly on shoulder with a single finger. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you alright?" His words were soft and cautious as if he were speaking to a frightened animal or a small child. Both his voice and face held great concern. At the same time he was eavesdropping on the others nearby.
    Anita

Anita was surprised as Edward made any effort to interact with her, she almost jumped a few inches in the air as she was poked. If she could bow while in what amounted to the fetal position, she would. "Ah! I mean, hello, Segunda-Sama. I am fine. Just fine." Anita resumed her first seating position, one that seemed to not bother others as much. A few seconds pass. Was I too... dismissive? I will need to learn how to deal with other espada if I want to be successful...

"And... Uh... How are you too?" The Fraccion said, trying to strike up a conversation.