New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

(OOC:I just realize I messed up previous moves. This is hard without a board. I'll do one more move, then let's say you checkmate.)

Vicente grew irritated enough that he acted quickly.

"My king to D-8."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

((Isn't it just? ))

"Knight to F-5. Check, yet again, Vincente."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    ((Isn't it just? ))

"Knight to F-5. Check, yet again, Vincente."
    Vicente sighs and tips his own king over.

"I concede the match, Sir. Your ability with chess continues to surpass my own. Nonetheless, a good game."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Vicente sighs and tips his own king over.

"I concede the match, Sir. Your ability with chess continues to surpass my own. Nonetheless, a good game."
    "So soon, Vincente? I am disappointed. I was playing a high risk, high return game. It is the only way one can reasonably expect to promote a pawn. The game could have been yours at any point, had you but seized the initiative and retained it. I would have been forced to react in an attempt to cover the inevitably heavy losses that would have had imposed on me, given the strategy I chose to adopt."

Aléjandro slowly and purposefully removes the blindfold from around his eyes, standing as he does so.

"The secret to chess is to identify not only the strategy of one's opponent, but their temperament and the façade they use to conceal it. Once you know that, you can play your opponent like a beginner plays a fiddle, throwing their plans into discord."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"So soon, Vincente? I am disappointed. I was playing a high risk, high return game. It is the only way one can reasonably expect to promote a pawn. The game could have been yours at any point, had you but seized the initiative and retained it. I would have been forced to react in an attempt to cover the inevitably heavy losses that would have had imposed on me, given the strategy I chose to adopt."

Aléjandro slowly and purposefully removes the blindfold from around his eyes, standing as he does so.

"The secret to chess is to identify not only the strategy of one's opponent, but their temperament and the façade they use to conceal it. Once you know that, you can play your opponent like a beginner plays a fiddle, throwing their plans into discord."
    Vicente gives a nod of understanding.

"I see. I shall endeavor to remember that. I suppose some of the methods I use in...other activities...to read individuals would come in handy here.

At any rate, do you know if there were any important events occurring today? You know I was shut up in my lair for a few days. I had a breakthrough on a project, and didn't want to abandon it mid-stride.
    "

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

The sound of running feet is heard along the courtyard, and a few seconds later there is a long shriek of despair that ends with a fleshy, slicing sound and a steady dripping. Apolinar nods to himself quietly; it is done. Getting up off his chair, and with the monthly paperwork done, he issues orders to his lieutenants to continue supervising, hands them the stamp used to sign death warrants, and heads out, clambering up several flights of stairs and eventually reaching aboveground.

Shielding his eyes from the 'sun', he decides to spend a few hours aboveground, checkng up on the different Sectors. He couldn't actually do anything of course, but nevertheless Apolinar felt the need to uphold the law, as skeletal as it was. Eventually, Apolinar worked his way to the arena. Since this was technically free time, he could of course go in purely for his own entertainment. However, Apolinar apparently has something against having fun, as although he does in fact take a seat in the arena, he seems to pay very little attention to the fights themselves, casting his eyes around.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Vicente gives a nod of understanding.

"I see. I shall endeavor to remember that. I suppose some of the methods I use in...other activities...to read individuals would come in handy here.

At any rate, do you know if there were any important events occurring today? You know I was shut up in my lair for a few days. I had a breakthrough on a project, and didn't want to abandon it mid-stride.
    "
    "Nothing especially exciting. Several individuals wishing to live in the sector, all of them most likely Cuprum, from what I've seen of their applications, whom I have to officially welcome in, as is custom. I've had no word from his Majesty regarding anything, so I would assume we are free to continue with the daily tedium."

The slightest of sighs escapes the Cuarta.

"It is times like these that I wish we were actively pursuing diplomacy with Seireitei. The political drama would provide a wonderful amount of distraction. And debate, of course."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "You mean the Shinigami?

..."

Mei looks thoughtful for a moment. "That might not be a bad idea, actually... we could gather a lot of valuable information that way...

And, of course, it would be a fun challenge..."
    "It sssure would, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan!~<3"

"And even if it doesssn't provide any information, Mei-Mei-chan will have another lover to worssship her!~<3" Ruwa smirks.

Talon

Talon rolls her eyes. "Yeah, whatever you say. It'll be fun to watch you bleed..."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-14 at 04:05 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Nothing especially exciting. Several individuals wishing to live in the sector, all of them most likely Cuprum, from what I've seen of their applications, whom I have to officially welcome in, as is custom. I've had no word from his Majesty regarding anything, so I would assume we are free to continue with the daily tedium."

The slightest of sighs escapes the Cuarta.

"It is times like these that I wish we were actively pursuing diplomacy with Seireitei. The political drama would provide a wonderful amount of distraction. And debate, of course."
    Vicente hummed low to himself.

"More applicants...good, good.

As for diplomacy, I do agree the proceedings would be interesting. Perhaps I'd be able to slip away and hunt more freely, hm?
    "

He stood and offered the Espada a bow.

"I think I'm going to take my leave from here and go explore the Sector. Perhaps beyond. It is roughly noon-time."

There's just a touch of leer in his voice as he moves to retrieve his cloak from a hook on the wall.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good day, Vincente."

As his Fraccion leaves, Aléjandro carefully returns the chess pieces and board to their storage location, before exiting his quarters himself and making his way down towards the Sector Transfer Office he had had set up in the Argentum Quarter.

11. - Top - End - #71

Sereg looks at the palacio of the espada, Watching the blacony outside Mei's room. Thoughts flash across his mind of visiting the amusing espada, but are quickly shot down by memories of his former visits. He then looks at the other towers around the city, his eyes stopping on the segunda palacio. Sereg weakly slides from the roof of his chapel, putting the watch into a pocket and his sword through his Obi before using Sonido to appear on top of the palacio of Edward, ending up behind the fraccion. "Spying on The Octova, are we? You must know you can get a better view from my sector, if you so wish. Where is the Segunda?" He asks Lalita.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Good day, Sir Aléjandro."

With that, Vicente slips on the cloak, disappearing from that extra sense that most all spiritual being seem to have. His silent steps and darker clothing allowed him to quickly vanish in the halls of the Palacio.

It wasn't long before he was on top of a nearby building. There, the wind made his cloak flutter a bit, but his signature was still utterly gone. He stood there, contemplating the place that wasn't quite "his" kingdom.

Yet, despite his personal predilection to hunting, he rather liked the setup his master had created. It was orderly and productive.

And every once in a while, an attempted squatter gave him an excellent test subject.

A shake of his head brought him to reality. Reaching into his belt, he pulled out his newest grapnel gun and fired it across a gap.

Silently, he moved through the air, moving from roof to roof like a predator. Even in broad daylight, not many down on the streets noticed him. It was only when he reached the largest sector that he had to resort to moving along at street level. A few alleys allowed him to move outwards with no notice from the lesser beings in the Sector.

Eventually, he reached the edge of the sector closest to his goal: The Eighth Sector.

A grapnel shot allowed him to find a rooftop with the appropriate...angle of view. He lowered himself into a shadowy corner, taking care to make no sudden movements.

His eyes seemed to flex oddly. And then he could view the Octava and her Fraccion with as little trouble as if they had been only 10 feet away.

Slowly, he pulled out a flat black device; a few quick manipulations revealed it to be some sort of camera.

For scientific behavior studies, of course.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ruwa

"It sssure would, Mei-Mei-chaaaaan!~<3"

"And even if it doesssn't provide any information, Mei-Mei-chan will have another lover to worssship her!~<3" Ruwa smirks.
    Mei nods. "Yes.... I believe that would work very well... but first..."

Mei smirks, and reaches for the curtain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmmm?" Lalita lowers the binoculars and notes Septima's arrival from the corner of his eye. He then puts them down and jumps up, dusting his white Kimono as he turns to look at his superiors.

"Ah, Lord Septima!", the Fraccion says and bows deeply, his earrings glinting in the artificial sun. "I'm honored by your presence! I'm sad to say I don't know the current whereabouts of dear Master Edward, but I heard he was going to visit the Exequias today."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Tark snorted, and beat his chest once.

"Good! You want me to save one of them for you? I'm hungry, but I'm sure I can save something that would fit your tastes."

Was only proper Tark provide for his woman, after all.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

After dealing the paperwork for the new applicants and sending them to their new domiciles, Aléjandro leaves his sector, heading on what he expects to be a pleasant walk made all the more pleasant for the company of The Book of the Dead, still in the original hieroglyphics.

That presumed pleasantry is quickly dispelled when his path leads him almost straight into the middle of Genoveva, Talon and Tark.

"Oh... Primera, Privaron 109... Talon. Good to see you."

17. - Top - End - #77

"In that case I believe I may go visit your unfortunate stalkee. Please refrain from telling Edward I was here." Sereg says, looking at the Octova's palacio before using Sonido to appear on her balcony railing, without waiting for any answer from Lalita. "Mei, are you aware you were creating quite the spectacle earlier? Ruwa was worse in that regard, though. Also, I regret to inform you that a fraccion has been watching you through your window." He says without going inside the building. I wonder if they know I can see them from my palacio all day?
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-06-14 at 05:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Vicente sighs as the spectacle seems to end. With barely a rustle of cloth, he stood, tucking away the camera. He'd gotten a couple of shots, at least. Some of his contacts would be pleased.

He knew that Aléjandro knew he occasionally dabbled in some of the "seedier" parts of the city. It was tolerated because it was merely a means to an end; that of acquiring means and materials to further improve himself. So long as Vicente kept the business out of the Fourth Sector, there were no problems.

A quick survey revealed his Master out on a stroll.

Vicente decided to try stalking Alejandro from rooftop. He had enormous advantages, but Alejandro was the Cuarta Espada. Vicente thought of it as merely another test for the both of them.

Of course, by the time he was close, his sharp eyes and ears confirmed what his sixth sense hinted at: a gathering of two Espada, and two Privaron.

He settled on a roof, hidden in another shadow, to watch and listen. This should prove entertaining.

Especially with Talon down there.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-06-14 at 04:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Having found nothing of interest in the Arena, Apolinar strode out of the gates and headed along the road, spying two Espada and two Privaron in the distance. As he got closer, they resolved themselves into Tark, Talon, Alejandro and Genoveva. Passing on the opposite side of the road, he looks them up and down, narrows his eyes slightly then forms the smallest of smirks.

"Hello." Apolinar begins, doffing his helmet.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-06-14 at 05:10 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Talon

Talon doesn't even dignify Alejandro's greeting with a response; the temperature seems to drop around 20 degrees near the dragon girl.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

After a while, the curtain may rise again, and Mei looks at her Fraccion. "So, do you think we should ask for one of Genoveva's Shinigami? We could always try capturing one ourselves..."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #82

Sereg realizes soon that he is at the wrong floor, sonido-ing up to the correct window and saying "Mei, you realize you had a fraccion all hot and bothered by your... Show in here, yes? May I also suggest not gong to the mortal world for a shinigami at this time. Forgive me for imposing, but I overheard you talking about it. The shinigami are looking for any reason at all to encite full on war with our faction, which would reflect badly on the one who gives them a reason, if you catch my drift. He still stands outside the window, not wanting to enter onto any situations. These women are making spectacles of themselves, and destroying the name of the arrancar. If only Von Geister would put them in their place. Though she may enjoy that. He thinks, frowning

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, probably because he was watching through a telescope. Since you can't see between the palaces without them.

And your point is taken."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa hums in thought, while wrapping herself up in her silk cloth again. Well, assuming she's free, now. "Well, that would be rissskier... wait."

"...actually, I'm not sssure what is rissskier, talking to Genoveva or capturing one ourssselves."

Ruwa sticks her serpentine tongue out at Sereg when he's looking away.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-14 at 05:59 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Incidentally, I'm going to call peeping in on Mei's room impossible right now. Unless you're right next to the window. None of this 'I looked accidentally'.

The distances involved, as Mei pointed out, mean that 'getting a look' would be impossible without a telescope, anyway.}}

Ruwa isn't free yet, no. Mei will do that when they're back down on the ground.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-14 at 06:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #86

"Angering Von Geister would be riskier, dear Ruwa. If you two are done in there, may I come in, Mei? Las Noches is dreadfully boring today, unfortunately." He says, and will enter through the door on the ground floor if he is allowed.

((Sereg can't see in the room, because of the curtain.))
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-06-14 at 06:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

{{But still. None of that. You can see Ruwa sunbathing, if you try. But Mei is not peepable on 'accidentally'.}}

Mei nods, and starts carrying Ruwa down to the floor, before releasing her.

She heads over to pull on one of her dresses. "You can come in, Sereg."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa proceeds to clothe herself in her silk strap, then. It's a laborious process, but she's become pretty proficient with it.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-14 at 06:11 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei looks at her. "Let's go down to meet him then, Ruwa."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #90

When the girls mett him he looks at them suspiciously. After what he heard he's surprised they look so presentable. "May I ask why it is you want to get a shinigami in the first place, Mei?" He asks, looking at her deliberately.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-06-14 at 06:16 PM.