New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo

Paramonos puts one arm around Ruwa to make sure that she doesn't fall, but doesn't regard the glomp with any extreme reaction. He tries to look at Ruwa's face. "Hello Ruwa. It's been a while. I hope you are doing well." He says with a hint of a smile. He then looks back at Mei. "Very well. Anything for you and your associates to have more..." He looks briefly at Ruwa again and back at Mei. Intelligence. He deadpans.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

"Sumthin' private. Ears of Espada only, dontcha know? Don't want to ruin an' of the fun for it starts." Genoveva confides with a down right malicious look on her face. Whatever the Primera was planning, it probably wasn't good for someone. It would be the who that was a mystery until the final act of it had unfolded. "No worries though, eh? Arcelia ain't missed a delivery yet, doubt she'll start now."

Pico's surprise draws a brief look of amusement to her sharp features though, head tilting to the side to observe as yet another Espada arrives in this dingy little street. She keeps the same puzzled look of amusement on her face

...as she abruptly leans on Pico's shoulder, resting her weight on him even as the image fades away without anything to keep it there. Her breath is warm on Pico's cheek as her free hand pats his side.

"Sumthin' good, sumthin' fun, or sumthin' business-like? C'mon, ain't got all day!"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Apolinar checks a few more buildings on his way back to the gateway, but eventually gets there. With no one in sight, as he arrived about 30 seconds before Mei did, he heads down the stairs to the Ciudad Baja and is just about to reach the bottom when he hears voices from above. Apolinar frowns as he recognises those voices. What were they doing here? Trying not to dwell on his utter hatred and disgust for the two of them, he stands at the bottom and waits patiently, unable to repress a small sigh.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Pico instantly turned his head in shock towards the source of the breath, looking almost bird-like for the second. As she patted him on the side, his skin involuntarily quivered in anticipation. Not the good kind either; the kind of anticipation that a person gets when he is locked in a room with a bomb, expecting the bomb to go off any second. His posture becomes rigid, sliding his way out of her grasp. "Business," he says coldly, "although I gotta admit, lately I've been bored out of my frikkin skull." He relaxes a bit, allowing himself to slack in posture. "I wanna talk to you about throwing me a couple of prisoners of yours to give my boys a bit of a challenge." His face and voice turns angry for a second. "This time, preferably not one that is almost dead." He then turns his head slightly to the side, squinting his eyes at Genoveva. "What happened to that one again?" he said sarcastically.

He then looks around at the group. "What is going on around here anyways? And more importantly," he thumbs towards Talon and Aléjandro, "why is nobody dead?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva

"Sumthin' private. Ears of Espada only, dontcha know? Don't want to ruin an' of the fun for it starts." Genoveva confides with a down right malicious look on her face. Whatever the Primera was planning, it probably wasn't good for someone. It would be the who that was a mystery until the final act of it had unfolded. "No worries though, eh? Arcelia ain't missed a delivery yet, doubt she'll start now."
    "Oh. I believe that social convention dictates that I express positive emotion at this revelation, though I am still unsure on whether it would be required to be delivered with a sarcastic tone or not. Either way, I am sure the message will provide some relief from daily monotony."

He nods at the Primera as she turns her attentions to Pico, and then turns to look back at Talon.

"Others may see you as a lost cause, but I will see you hauled from that pit of bubbling hatred that you reside in. You are an excellent warrior, Privaron 104, and would be greater if you would only let go of all emotion."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Tark is doing his best to follow the conversations, but the large man is not mentally agile on the best of days. He's getting confused. However Pico says something that interests him. He looks over at Pico smiling.

"I'll give your boys a challenge. How many are you looking to lose?"

Tark never even considered that he'd lose. There was only person who had that honor. And Tark would rectify that loss as soon as he could get his hands on that cheating little...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Talon growls at Alejandro, still not reacting in words.

Is he condescending to me!? Dammit, I swear, I will tear his throat out with my bare hands once I get the chance.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Aléjandro's mask remains utterly impassive at Talon's animalistic vocalisation.

"Perhaps I was wrong. If you can now only communicate through growls and other animalistic utterances, perhaps you have abandoned all sense of reason altogether. It is a great shame for our cause to lose so fine a warrior to so petty a problem."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

"'eel Tark, need ya in one piece, rememba?" Genoveva says idly from her perch, not even sparing the time to look down at the Privaron as she does so. It just came naturally to her, the casual ordering of others around.

"Tell ya what Pee-cos. Ya win the game I'm settin' up for all us blades and I'll let ya have yer pick of stock from the Pits. So long as ya provide replacements..." Genoveva says all too cheerfully, giving her fellow a solid pat on the shoulder before leaning back, "But if ya lose...then I get ya."

Her tone was deadly serious, even if she keeps the same mocking look on her face. There was little room for argument on her face, no room for bargaining or even backing out...

"Just kidding!" she says abruptly, snickering wickedly before she turns and begins to saunter off once more, "Ya win and ya'll get some prisoners. Ya lose and ya et less meat to play with, take it or leave it."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Paramonos puts one arm around Ruwa to make sure that she doesn't fall, but doesn't regard the glomp with any extreme reaction. He tries to look at Ruwa's face. "Hello Ruwa. It's been a while. I hope you are doing well." He says with a hint of a smile. He then looks back at Mei. "Very well. Anything for you and your associates to have more..." He looks briefly at Ruwa again and back at Mei. Intelligence. He deadpans.
    "Aw, how sssweet. Have you missssed me, Parry-kun?~<3"

Ruwa backs off, allowing Paramonos to do his job as gatekeeper.

Talon

Talon finally turns to Alejandro, giving the Espada a glare that would probably cause a lesser being to pass out in fright, before walking off, digging her sharp nails into Tark's arm, and Pico's shoulder (unless they move, of course).

"Come on. I want to kill some s**t."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei chuckles at Ruwa's antics, and waits for Paramonos to do his job.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ruwa

"Aw, how sssweet. Have you missssed me, Parry-kun?~<3"

Ruwa backs off, allowing Paramonos to do his job as gatekeeper.
    Paramonos

Paramonos smiles, moving his halberd out of the way of the door. "Of course. It gets so... dull without someone like you around. We really must catch up soon." The arrancar says, leaning on the frame of the door, sticking his halberd in the sand. "You have permission to proceed, Lady Espada."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei nods, and proceeds on to the lift.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

When Talon dug in to Pico's shoulder, he almost smacked her arm away. "Back off, sister. I didn't say that you, either of you, could 'kill some ****'." He emphasised the quote with the "quote" hand gesture. "Next time I want heads to fly, though, I'll keep you two in mind. If you don't cause your own heads to fly first."

He then takes a crumpled pack of cigarrettes out from his pocket and takes out a cigarrette. He then puts the death stick in his mouth and produces a match out of nowhere, lighting it in and the cigarrette in one smooth motion. He puts out the match by stomping and grinding it with his boot. He takes one long drag, and then breathes it out in a sigh towards the ground. "Why do I think I am going to regret this?" He then looks towards Genoveva, cigarrette in his hand. "Alright Genoveva, Deal. Where, when, who, how many, and what's gonna happen when Von Geister finds out about this?" He counts off the questions as he is saying them with his free hand.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa

Ruwa waves to Paramonos, following after Mei. "Well, sssee you later, Parry-kun!~<3"

Talon

Talon glares at Pico.

Glares.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-06-15 at 08:03 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

"Shoulda asked those questions before argreein', huh?"

The Primera waves off the Decima's questions with an ever-growing vicious smirk on her face as she begins to stroll away from the gathering with a more and more complex growing in her mind.

"Dontcha worry 'bout a thang. Just let lil' ol' me handle all the details. If ya lose though, don't go thinkin' about any disappearances in yer realm for the next couple a' weeks, kaaayyy?" Genoveva tosses back over her shoulder, giving a deceptively cheerful wave back to those who had been gathered. Then she was quite simply gone.

---

Well...not gone but making her way towards the palace of Arcelia at a fast clip with an all too pleased look on her face...
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-06-15 at 08:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

"I will see you later, Ruwa..." Paramonos says almost disappointedly (It is hard to tell with his usual tone), before standing up straight and returning to his duties once more.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

After much time flying about Edward finally found Genoveva. He picked up his pace and then jumped towards her pouncing like a panther in front of her path. "How's my favourite arrancar doing?" His face beamed as he spoke.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-15 at 08:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Pico doesn't even acknowledge Talon's glare, being too busy doing some glaring of his own, his glare directed at where Genoveva was. "That son of a..." For a second his jaw was agape in utter dumbfoundment. He then threw his cigarrette to the ground and stomped it once furiously. "I KNEW I was gonna regret this." He then walks away from the group, steaming in anger. "If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I gotta go set up a frikkin' patrol. God frikkin'..." Then he lapses into a string of cursing that could make a sailor blush as he Sonídos back to his Palacio for a stiff drink...and by stiff drink, I mean down a bottle of strong booze over the course of the day.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Tark watches Pico go, sniggering softly.

"Jenny isn't the son of anyone... unless I've been fooled. Nor are you a gentleman."

Tark turned to Talon, and shrugged.

"What was I doing just now?"
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-06-15 at 08:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Serazel sighed as he moved past Paramonos. Whenever he got embarassed or nervous by certain circunstances, he slipped back an unusual mannerism in his voice.

"We... musn't be very well-liked in Las Noches, kara."

He liked to think he was intelligent, at least.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

The lift drops.

And at the speed it moves, it might as well be free-falling. Any other speed would not suffice to take people through the Ciudad Baja after all.

The lift loses speed suddenly upon reaching the level of the throne chamber. Leaving Mei and her entourage before one of the ten vast doors of the room.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei walks forwards. And knocks.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

In front of Genoveva's path turned out not to be the safest path to be. Not because she attached Edward on reflex but because at the speed she was going...there wasn't any time to stop! The Primera had enough time to widen her eyes in surprise and tuck her shoulder down in front of her.

She barrels into Edward at rather impressive speeds before tumbling and rolling right up to her feet. The look of sadistic amusement no longer sat smugly on her face, but she didn't seem particularly worried either.

"Edward? What's yer techni-colored arse doing out and about? No one left ter decorate yer quarter?" Genoveva says, teasing playfully even as she saunters over to Edward and offers him a hand up if he might need it.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Ruwa hangs onto Mei as the lift drops, fighting a scream the whole way.

...Then, calmly follows after her Espada, mimicking her nonchalant nature.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

The door creaks open into the large round room, at the center of which is the, throne, raised by several steps, upon which sits the Ghost King.

And before him, a squad of shinigami, most of them standing on their feet, but a few with their knees on the floor, held in place by unseen forces.

Von Geister looks up to the arrivals, taking his attention off of a shinigami woman who falls on her knees in front of the throne, just as the king himself rises to his feet and walks down the stairs towards the trio.

"Mei, my dear Octava Espada, and with Ruwa and Serazel, no less. What brings the three of you here?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei bows. "A... plan, you might say, my liege."

Mei proceeds to outline the idea Ruwa had and potential benefits.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of the Shinigami listened to the plan with a distinterested air. Asaka was among them. Whatever their will to resist had been, it was long since gone. But a few of them began to struggle. Those that had not been broken still hoped for freedom, and struggled at this new plan to turn them.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward had no need of help to right himself. Immediately after being knocked back and off his feet he stood up in a single blur of motion as if nothing had happened. He was an expert at such recoveries. He had an image to preserve. "Isn't it obvious? I was looking for you darling. What else would I be doing? So, what are you up to today? Did you finally come to your senses and realize your feelings for me? Is that why you came running in such a hurry?" Edward's voice was cool and filled with confidence. He stared boldly into her eyes as if he were bewitched by her beauty and trying to instill the same feeling within her for him.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-06-16 at 01:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister listens intently to the two or three lines delivered. Not a particularly complex plan, really.

"That's what I like about you Mei, putting the fun back in functionality! Lucky you, I have just had this batch delivered with the Conductor's help, stumbled on something they shouldn't had, the poor things. We only barely saved a few of them from the broodlings."

A white tentacle busts from the floor, grasping one of the shinigami by a leg and pulling him back to Von Geister, lifitng the man upside down in front of Mei and Ruwa.

"This one looks good to the two of you ladies? His mind is still his own, even."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing