New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Shadow Ops - Resurrected and still going

[OOC: As much as I think it'd be hilarious to accidentally stab Rowan, I agree - Jacks is probably not that likely to do so]

Jacks

Jacks scowls at Rowan, "Watch yerself, bub." and goes about his business.

[Search = 13+6 = 19]
    (This Space for Rent)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Now how am I supposed to attract sewer sharks without chumming the waters?

Sheesh!
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Between the three of you poking, and prodding, you manage to find nothing. There does not appear to be any traps here. Shining your light down the passage you see it extends well beyond the shaft of light.
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Jacks

Jacks scowls at Rowan and gestures down the hallway, "You first, CHUM!"
    (This Space for Rent)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

excellent...

Rowan, a tall human

But of course, Jackie -

I move in, keeping an eye out for whatever lurky lurkies are lurking, trying to be quiet about it.

(move silently - 15+6=21, search 12+4=16, Spot 16+5=21)
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

6. - Top - End - #66

Kitty

takes up the rear. Silently, like that matters with the motor mouths splashing each other with sewer water. :-X
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~
    Depending on which avvy I'm using:
    Erin Avatar (aiming gun in chainmail) by Annex.
    Veronica Avatar (goth chick psion) by Gorbash Kazdar.

7. - Top - End - #67

PaladinGuy

Lol, just out of curiosity what type of light source are you using as you proceed down the passage searching, spotting, and such? Really it won't have any effect. Really!! ::)
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

8. - Top - End - #68

((I don't know, where's the respawn site? :P I have my tinderbox. :D Wasn't there something I had cast light on? Oh, that was during combat, nevermind.))
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm... Well Aren had a latern, I think.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aren has a bullseye lantern. He'll let Rowan use it if he blocks the light by being in front.
    "That's replacing the octopus in my nightmares!"
    "There's an octopus in your nightmares?"
    "Not any more!"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds good - axe put away, latern in hand.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Behind Rowan, sword and alchemist fire out, ready to attack...uhm.....something OTHER than Rowan. :p
    (This Space for Rent)

13. - Top - End - #73

PaladinGuy

Yeah sure, I expect Rowan will be in flames shortly. ;)

Moving quietly shouldn't be a problem. Since you only move a short distance and look for traps, move a short distance and look for traps, rinse and repeat. Using the latern, you have more than enough light. I fact you shine it down the passage and see that it extends past the edge of the light. The passage continues just as it started 4 foot high 3 foot wide. The walls and floor are smooth. It smells old in here. As you move forward and search you see that while there is a thin layer of dust in here, it has been disturbed. The dust is settling again in the middle, but you are pretty sure someone, or something came through here no more than a week ago.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human

I will, of course, relay that to the group, then look for any signs of numbers, composition, etc. as I'm continuing my slow search n' sneak pattern -

(Survival 16+7=23)

15. - Top - End - #75

PaladinGuy

It's hard to tell numbers and such. It looks like the dust was disturbed in a space about a foot wide, maybe a little more. After covering another 30 feet you see a place on the wall that might have been a hand. It's very hard to move through here. You have to either crawl or squat continuously.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human

Now that things are getting tight I'll ask that Kitty be square in the middle of the group, as she's the most vulnerable -

Jacks, cover our butts man - don't let us get cut off - we won't be able to get out quickly, okay? Aren, move up here with that bow - the ceilings are low, but you might get a shot or two off in close range, should we need it. Kitty, here (hands over a sunrod) - in case I have to ditch the latern the messy way.

If there were folks moving down this (dry?) passage recently, they either should a. have the same issues we are having (hence hiding the numbers) or are small enough to move through. I'm going to look for any evidence of the latter, and also looking for other such evidence on non-invite to dinner with mom sentient creatures moving through this area - rats to fiends.

17. - Top - End - #77

PaladinGuy

Yes the passage is dry. Nothing from the tunnels came into the passage when the door opened. Other than the week old resettled dust, you don't see any tracks, rat or fiend.

If everyone agrees to the new line up, there are no problems. I sure Kitty doesn't mind squeezing up tight to Jacks to let him to the back. ;D

18. - Top - End - #78

Kitty

Shocked look at Rowan, but I hold out my hand for his sunrod. (Kinky. Hey, seriously, what's that? I'm assuming a magickal flashlight?) And I file into the middle, quiet and watchful.

edit for simulpost: Yeah, the flesh sandwich don't bother me none. ;)

~~

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, basically, and it lasts for a good while. You can't put it out without making it worthless though.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aren
    Aren shrugs, and says "Alright, if you insist." and gets out his bow, testing the draw in the confines of the tunnel.
    "That's replacing the octopus in my nightmares!"
    "There's an octopus in your nightmares?"
    "Not any more!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Jacks

With a nod, Jacks makes room for Kitty to pass, then takes up watch behind the cleric at the back of the party.
    (This Space for Rent)

22. - Top - End - #82

PaladinGuy

Well Jacks, that certainly felt nice. Kitty is soft in all the right places.

Aren it's tight and you'll need a dex check for any quick actions to get the bow set, but once in place you can draw it fine.

The group has rearranged, and you continue on. You travel very slowly for the next 200 feet. Finally you come to a cross section. You know where you came from that leaves three passages to go. Which direction would you like to take?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human -

Rowan makes a trail mark on the righthand of the tunnel, then looks to track those who came before. Take a few minutes, then move in that direction. He'll also want to note that in any (if any) unused passages, why they might not be used - sound, size, demonic laughter - y'know, whatever.

I hate using all this light down here. If there's... Scratch that, when there's trouble we'll just be announcing ourselves. Better than stumbling about though...

The group will note that Rowan's stopped being loud, talking only loud enough for our rearguard to hear.

Stiff, what's your prediction? What have we got to look forward to?

(Survival: 17+7=24)

24. - Top - End - #84

PaladinGuy

The dust is lighter here in these passages. To light to get any impressions. Whatever travels through here, either cleans the passage, or is big enough to rub/dust the walls and floor as it goes.

All the passages look the same, and you hear nothing from any of them.

25. - Top - End - #85

PaladinGuy

Which way?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human

I'll note to come back to this intersection, if need be, but if I don't see actual evidence of travel on either side, I've no reason to go either way.

Forward, and step lightly guys, they cover tracks in these parts.

27. - Top - End - #87

Kitty

Kitty nods at Rowan, "Lead on oh fearless one."

(edit:
    OOC: GM, you may do what you like with Kitty til Monday. Enjoy. ;D)

~~

28. - Top - End - #88

PaladinGuy

Hmmmmm, sounds like fun. ;)

Rowan you continue to go straight then. This passage like the other two is reasonably clean. You can find no traces of passage. You continue moving slowly through, checking carefully. Unlike the first passage this one makes several sharp turns. After you've traveled for hours it seems, and have been traveling straight for some time, you see at grate at the edges of the lantern's light. Behind that you see a light.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human -

Hmph, the way out - lovely. I'll poke out to see the location of this exit, but then we need to head back to the intersection.

30. - Top - End - #90

PaladinGuy

Your head won't fit through the grate, but you do see......Ahhh, I take that back, Your head won't fit through the grate you see, but, how are you approaching...lantern/no lantern. Fast or slow. I'm not going to assume anything here, so give me a few more details. No, not a jackass amount of details, but enough that if something happens it not my fault. :)