New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647
Results 1,381 to 1,409 of 1409
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Shadow Ops - Resurrected and still going

Jacks shrugs, "I'm just here on duty. "

(OOC: If we're going to continue after this mission, I think I need to either re-create Jacks (as I've lost all his files) or create someone new. I'm totally willing to do either - up to you LB. )
    (This Space for Rent)

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The grave looks the same as it did before you went into the hill.

Although he didn't really shape it in the form of a request, you are pretty sure the cover story about the Vecnians was the favor he was talking about.

(No, I believe we have come to the end of our tale. I wasn't planning on a continuation. )
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Orc in the Playground

(Sadness!! I've really enjoyed gaming with you guys over the last...what....2 years? Dang! IF you decide you want to keep it up or do something different with the same people, I would gladly offer the forums I run at affshc.net to run it. It should be less traffic and so less issues with connectivity. Just a thought.)
    (This Space for Rent)

4. - Top - End - #1384

(Thanks, I didn't get that, Mr. GM. It will be the end of an era, won't it? We've had a good bit of fun here. )

Kitty smiles.

"Okay then. Rowan? Let's get somewhere where we can sit down and decide what to do next. Sound good?"

And with that Kitty starts heading to town, eventually wanting to end up at her apartment. She puts her hand in her pocket, feeling her package, but still is reluctant to just open it up right here in the cemetary.
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~
    Depending on which avvy I'm using:
    Erin Avatar (aiming gun in chainmail) by Annex.
    Veronica Avatar (goth chick psion) by Gorbash Kazdar.

5. - Top - End - #1385

PaladinGuy

Hey Ignatius, we play on another site as well. We have issues with this place as well. That's part of the reason I'm not starting a new adventure. Where would you like us to contact you when we get a new game or something else going?

We've enjoy gaming with you too Ig. Until next time take it easy. Btw, how did you really like the game. I'm always up for some constructive input.
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

6. - Top - End - #1386

PaladinGuy

PS: Kitty when you get home and take the item from your pocket, you see that it is a small tube of .... blood.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Orc in the Playground

Hrm. My honest opinion?

For a webgame, this was great. Chris and LG are a heckuvalotta fun to game with - and even though this game wasn't your standard DnD game, I enjoyed it - maybe even BECAUSE of that.

*shrugs*

So long as your next game isn't something like VtM, I'm probably interested, and will plan on NOT getting involved in any other webgames. <wink>
    (This Space for Rent)

8. - Top - End - #1388

PaladinGuy

(Are you going to be hanging out here, or is there somewhere else we should contact you?)

Also, what kind of reports are youo guys going to turn in?

9. - Top - End - #1389

Yeah, that was the next step. "Rowan, Ignatius, how truthful you want us to be? The story we were given is as good as anything I can think of offhand."
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human -

I was going to add in a mirthful puce dragon who disposed of the bodies for us, but past that, verbatim.

---

I've been discussing running a game in the near future. LightBringer and I run a few games over at ORP. Here's the link.

http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...lay.php?f=1327

Feel free to take a look. Who knows, there might be a spot for you over there, plus LadyGlutter and I recently had a discussion about putting together an epic game. I'd like to invite you to that, when we start.
    Last edited by Chris_Chandler; 2008-05-05 at 01:12 PM.
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Orc in the Playground

"Are you two SURE you want to lie to our own organization here? Seems these Watcher types are just the sort our superiors want tabs kept on..."

OOC:
    I'll check here on this thread periodically. Or you can e-mail me.

madduxk[dot]1fsacr[at]affshc[dot]net

And I've registered over there, Chris - MadDogMaddux is my handle (my standard internet handle)
    Last edited by Ignatius_the_Monk; 2008-05-05 at 05:37 PM.
    (This Space for Rent)

12. - Top - End - #1392

Kitty looks at Jacks and thinks for a moment before she speaks.

"Frankly, this is how I see it. My 'superiors', ha, seem to WANT to remain in the dark. Even the people giving us this assignment were terrified we'd actually talk to them about it. And if they want to keep tabs on someone just because, well, I believe in privacy myself. But I am biased on this issue for sure, and I'll admit that.

What really worries me is I'm sure his society has me outclassed, and if I were set to 'keep tabs' on him I really wouldn't be able to. Based on all I saw, the department just wants assurance that no cult of Vecna is in existance, which they aren't. They also want to know that no more random cut up naked girls are going to be found lying around. Which they aren't. We don't have to outright LIE, we can just give them enough information to satisfy them. In effect we did find a cult, though not of Vecna, right? We can word it to be ambiguous enough to cover that. They did destroy themselves, in a way, too.

I don't have a problem with him being up and running. That's the long and short of my point of view and what I propose we do next. However, we're a team, so I want to know what you'd rather do, and why. Hopefully as a team we can come to a decision."

~~

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Orc in the Playground

Jacks rubs is stubbly face as he listens, "You're right to an extent...but how do we know that these 'Watchers' are really to be trusted? Maybe WE can't keep tabs on 'em, but SOMEONE could. I mean, surely you don't think of we are the city's brightest hope? From what I know, at least 2 of the three of us are merely 'redeemed' criminals" he grins in mock criticism, "and the third is hardly competent!"

"And speaking of hardly competent - there's still a flower of death out there with an itch for Rowan's head on a platter. What do we do with THAT? Don't you recall that when we mentioned a cult of Vecna, that he knew about it already? BY THAT NAME?"

Jacks shakes his head, "Seems to me, Miss Kitty, that you may be swallowing something whole here, and it's pretty big."
    (This Space for Rent)

14. - Top - End - #1394

Kitty grins impishly.

"Well, part of my 'life of crime' prepped me for telling half truths, knowing when to leave things alone, and *ahem* swallowing things whole." She laughs. "I'm sorry, I tried to let that one slide but... anyway, I think the best way to get Black Lotus on all of our bad sides is to implicate HIM in this or try to get him shadowed. Everyone knows who Vecna is, and the rumor put around was that this WAS Vecna.

Yeah, I was willing to let it lie, absolutely, because I don't want Black Lotus on my bad side. I don't hardly want the man to know I exist. Yes, I agree, there's a bigger story here. I just was hoping to get out of this with my skin intact. Do you think that the best way to help Rowan out is this way? And you know, you're awfully quiet. You should answer that too, Rowan."

~~

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human -

I imagine that I'll have to deal with Black Lotus on my own terms. Anything we disclose now won't affect that outcome.

I look from Kitty to Jacks and back again.

Personally, this whole situation was a bit outside of what I felt even capable of controlling or changing. Rather, it seemed we only had to nudge one piece over for this whole mess to topple. I don't imagine, again, that anything we disclose would affect our Councilman's actions, either.

I perk up a bit -

That being said, I've moved from "needs to be killed" to "hardly competent." Things are getting better every day.
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Orc in the Playground

Jacks chuckles with Rowan, and nods, "If you're willing to handle the Lotus on your own, I think we can let that sleeping dog lie. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't linked me to your actions, so I think that's the end of that."

He pauses, thinking, "If anything, it seems these Watchers might be more useful as allies than enemies. I'll admit I feel that I owe the city little to no loyalty, my alliance with the enforcers was more an alliance of convenience than anything." he shrugs, "If, then, all three of us are agreed that the safest next step is to tell the City that we encountered the magical practitioners of a cult, and that by force we terminated their operations leaving no evidence to the contrary - then I suppose I can live with that."
    (This Space for Rent)

17. - Top - End - #1397

Kitty beams. "See, that's more like it. The Watchers being allies is exactly the way I was looking at it."

With that I find some paper, "I suggest we get to work on writing up the report now."

((As long as that's cool w/ the GM, of course. I was thinking since we've established what our report is going to say, we can all just write it up and then we'll move on, fading to black and coming back to turning it in? Unless you actually want us to write it up... ))

~~

18. - Top - End - #1398

PaladinGuy

Lol, no, no need to go through all that.

The group agrees to a reasonable sounding story that doesn't have to many bold face lies, and each of you use that to write your reports. The chief accepts these, and has a talk with each member individually. He ask some general questions, and get the feeling that the problem has been dealt with. He shakes each of your hands and sends you home with a "Job well done!".

THE END

Mostly
    Last edited by LightBringer; 2008-05-08 at 08:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Orc in the Playground

Mostly............?
    (This Space for Rent)

20. - Top - End - #1400

I feel a little strange. That Mostly is the only thing helping me cope, don't take it away!!!

~~

21. - Top - End - #1401

PaladinGuy

Mostly.......Perhaps!

22. - Top - End - #1402

Dude, in that case,

EXPERIENCE?!

~~

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Orc in the Playground

LoL!

W00T! A gamer's favorite word!

<edit: Aw HECK! What level am I anyway? :P )
    Last edited by Ignatius_the_Monk; 2008-05-09 at 08:52 PM.
    (This Space for Rent)

24. - Top - End - #1404

PaladinGuy

Lol. I believe you were one level above the second to last, but not quite to the third from the top.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Orc in the Playground

/me scowls.

(there really needs to be a way on this forum to post shorter posts)
    (This Space for Rent)

26. - Top - End - #1406

PaladinGuy

Lol.

Hey, I sent you a pm on ORP. It was just a howdy, but you seem to be ignoring me.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Orc in the Playground

Oh.....seems I've been forgetting to check in over there.
    (This Space for Rent)

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

Ignatius -

Please check ORP PMs.

I have something for you.

29. - Top - End - #1409

PaladinGuy

Okay guys, I think we'll communicate on the other site from now on.

This thread is officially dead.