New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Shadow Ops - Resurrected and still going

What!!! Jacks is about to wake up. If you get to check the thread do so, otherwise Jacks is half out.

Jacks begins to stir.

Kitty, you quickly move into the library. You hear the little man continue down the hall. This room is so massive it makes you pause to get your bearings. You think you see some people working on the walls, but they must be.....hundreds of feet away. You reach for the closest tome and hear the little man say..something. Next thing you know you're in a little room. No tome, no clothes, no nothing. 'He' looks at you, "Please sit there and wait for the Doctor," pointing at a table in the middle of the room. The only other thing in here is a stool.
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

2. - Top - End - #152

(Darn skippy I am. I guess I showed you! That's much better. :D)

What does 'he' look like? I've got 3 ft tall and that's it.
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~
    Depending on which avvy I'm using:
    Erin Avatar (aiming gun in chainmail) by Annex.
    Veronica Avatar (goth chick psion) by Gorbash Kazdar.

3. - Top - End - #153

PaladinGuy

Like I said, it's hard to tell, what it is. It's about three foot tall, has black greasy, flat hair that is about shoulder length. The robe it wears is reaveling nothing about what's underneath, even though it's tied at the waist. It's hands are just short and stubby, but it holds and moves that wand through it's fingers with great agility. It's eyes are a dull blue, and seem to have little life to them. It's face is pale, but not white white, and it's features are none descript as well. It has 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, and 2 ears, but the features are just flat, and....there.
    "Feelings and empathy are just devices to better help you see into the hearts and desires of your victims."

4. - Top - End - #154

(Oops, you did say most of that. :-[ I somehow missed the description. Of course you post that and I find it immediately.)

Kitty goes towards the creature, to peer out into the hallway. The nakedness doesn't bother her except she doesn't know exactly how he managed to do that. She is talking the whole time, winsome and charming, stretching and posing and vamping to a ridiculous amount. It's probably just going to encourage the thing more, but if it distracts it for a moment.... "I'd rather not, thank you all the same. I'm perfectly healthy as you can see. You did say there's always options, after all." She watches the thing's reactions very carefully (sense motive: 18+9=27).
    "Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Crap, and here I was waiting for Jacks, so I could really get some ire going. Sigh, t'was not to be.

Rowan, a tall human

So, a trap on the lock, naturally, and the spider can instantly put us in here without so much as a howdy-do. Lovely.

So, Stiff, can you slip through these bars?
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aren
    "I'll try, but I dont think it will work." says Aren, and attempts to squeeze through the bars. If that fails, he will get one of his daggers out and start banging it against the bars.
    "That's replacing the octopus in my nightmares!"
    "There's an octopus in your nightmares?"
    "Not any more!"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human

While Aren works it out, hopefully, Rowan will take a look at the trap trigger, and see if he can disable it.

This is so not good -

(Disable device - 11+4=15)
    "I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

8. - Top - End - #158

PaladinGuy

The little'man' laughs at you, "Hee, hee. Options, yes, options are what the Doctor gives. Hee, hee" It seems to be unfazed by your nakedness. As he reaches for the door and begins pushing it closed. "Now go sit and wait."

Aren you try it squeeze between the bars, but just as your chest gets close to touching the bars, you feel a little tingle. About that same time you hear a scream.

Rowan, you try to disable the trap. You grimace, as you realize you set it off. Immediately you scream in pain and jump back away from the door. Pain sears through your body. Your scream echos through the halls. The pain continues on for what seems like forever. You are barely able to think, as you try to control yourself.

Yes Kitty, you hear the scream from down the hall as the door is being swung closed.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Rowan, a tall human

After I can see and breathe again

Well... good. Heya, Stiff *cough*, disarmed the trap the ol' fashioned way.

So, to the lockpicking - Rowan'll so very take 20 on that.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aren
    Aren raises an eyebrow, and asks "Are you sure its disarmed? These are magic after all." and trys to squeeze between the bars again, hoping the tingle was related to Rowan setting off the trap.
    "Not any more!"

11. - Top - End - #161

I smile but am firm. And anyway, why not? Rowan just rushed things a bit faster than I meant, but oh well. Charm Person on the little thing.

Then, "You misunderstand me. I opt not to see the doctor in the first place." I wedge myself between the door and the wall, and try to break out, towards the noise.

~~

12. - Top - End - #162

PaladinGuy

Kitty you try to lunge through the door. As you break free you hear a deep, hard voice from behind you, "Now you're really pissing me off," as you feel a hand wrap around the back of your neck and enclose your entire throat. It lefts you up and tosses you inside the room. You bounce off the table and hit the ground. (taking 4 points) By the time you recover and are able to look up you see the small man smile, and push the door closed.

Rowan the pain lasted for 10 minutes. As you begin to pick the lock the little man comes around the corner. "Tsk, tsk now. None of that." He points his wand in your direction and says. "Now I've reset the trap. I would stop that if I were you."

Aren you were trying to squeeze through the bars again when you felt the tingle begin again. You then heard the scrap of a boot before it came around the corner and retreated back into the cage. It looks and feels like you can slip through the bars, but that tingle does not seem like it came from Rowan's cage.

13. - Top - End - #163

Do I recognize the voice?

~~

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aren
    Aren frowns and looks around for a small rock or something similar to throw at the little man.
    "Not any more!"

15. - Top - End - #165

PaladinGuy

No Kitty, it's just a deep husky voice.

Aren there are no stones in the cages. You do have a quiver of arrows though.

I'll be gone tomorrow. I'll post later in the weekend.

16. - Top - End - #166

(Whereas Kitty is nekkid and 'helpless'.)

Kitty

"You're pissed, off? Good. The feeling's mutual." Kitty mutters to herself. She composes herself and sets about examining the room she's in, the table, everything.

~~

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

{OOC: Back for the weekend}

I'm assuming I have time to wake up and take a few actions before the little man comes back?

If so, I draw a dart and a vial from my backpack and dip the dart in the vial. Next I stick my arm through the bars to make sure an item can pass through. Then I will wait to HEAR him arrive, as soon as he is about to come into the room, become invisible - surprise attack - throw the dart at him.

(11 + 6 = 17 Flat Footed.)
    (This Space for Rent)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aren
    Aren frowns, frustrated at the lack of rocks to show his displeasure with. He does not fire an arrow at the man however, as it seems a bad idea to attack someone who could send him into the cage with such ease. He does, however, get out his sap, and fiddle around with it in the cage.
    "Not any more!"

19. - Top - End - #169

PaladinGuy

Kitty as I said earlier, the only thing in the room is a stone table and a wooden stool.

Jacks you test the space between the bars, and nothing happens. You throw the dart as he resets the trap on Rowan's lock. As the tail of the dart crosses the edge of the cage a light flickers as the dart disappears.

Aren, you draw your sap and smack your hand a couple times. You sure wish he'd get close enough for you to knock the crap out of him.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

{OOC: Hrm. Sometimes maybe the GM just doesn't mean for you to get out......}

Frustrated, Jacks shakes his head and sits down in a Lotus Position to meditate and regain his focus.
    (This Space for Rent)

21. - Top - End - #171

(PAGE 5, :o!)

Kitty having exhausted herself searching for any hidden anything and failing, finally sits and waits for the doctor to visit.

~~

22. - Top - End - #172

PaladinGuy

I'm not sure if Rowan wanted to test out the little man resetting of the lock so for now he is in the cage thinking.

Jacks after several minutes of meditation, you see in your minds eye, your arm passing through the bars with no effect. Then you see the darts path is true until it is destroyed as the tail of it passes between the bars and over the edge of the cage. The little man barely took notice of it, but his hand did twitch just before he left again.

Kitty, after a momnet the door opens and a tall man, rather good looking, steps in, shutting the door behind him. He is right around 6 foot tall, black hair, slightly greying around the edges, and deep green eyes, that seem to know everything as they look at you, and into you. He smiles and you feel your knees weaken, you're glad your seating. As you keep your composure, "Well Miss ......... , How are you today? " He waits for you to supply your name. If you don't he just continues.

23. - Top - End - #173

(Oh, well, then if he's a hotty then it's okay that he has me all trapped here naked and against my will on a table playing doctor. :o)

Kitty

While surprised at her reaction, Kitty just chalks it up to the rabble she's been hanging out with and dismisses her wobbly knees. Boy, what a softy I am lately... Wobbly knees, like I'm some teenager! Well, for that you at least deserve my name, like it matters... she thinks to herself as she simply says quietly, "Kitty" watching him curiously.

edit: stupid italics

~~

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: Did he not notice that I was invisible?)
    (This Space for Rent)

25. - Top - End - #175

PaladinGuy

Jacks, he barely acknowledged the light that destroyed the dart. You don't think he even looked your way. So I guess the answer would be, 'No, he didn't notice.'

His smile grows a little, "Hmm, Kitty. Well Miss Kitty, How are you today?" He takes your wrist between his thumb and two fingers, then holds it up to his chest as he steps forward. Then seems to stare in space for a moment, waiting for your answer. Then he moves close and looks into your eyes, then pushes the lids back a little and looks into them some more. "So, is Kitty short for Katherine?" He places his hand between :o , at least it's nice and warm, and feels your heartbeat. Again he stares blankly as you answer, or not.

26. - Top - End - #176

Kitty

I answer the question "how are you" with "I'm just fine and I told your little 'nurse' or whatever that already." But then he asks what Kitty is short for. I coulda handled the physical stuff, but asking my given name is too much. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

~~

27. - Top - End - #177

PaladinGuy

Kitty, he looks at you again, still smiling. "I'm checking on your general health. What does it look like I'm doing?" He moves his hand to your back, "Take a deep breath, please."

28. - Top - End - #178

"And why are you checking on my general health? How is it your business?"

(Pg 5 again, sigh. How am I supposed to know this has been updated if I have a busy day? I need my own personal page that only has my games on it because I'm the queen of the universe. And Guam.)

~~

29. - Top - End - #179

PaladinGuy

He looks at you Kitty, "Please take a deep breath." Then waits for you to comply.

No more ideas from the guys?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

I defer to the wisdom of my teammates at the moment. I can't feel my fingers.