New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Iowa? What did I do wrong?
    Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things.
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #782
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by PJ the Epic View Post
    Well, you apparently wanted to be somewhere flat and full of pigs, bacon, and corn.

Honestly can't fathom why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #783
    Barbarian in the Playground

You have displeased the farm gods!

As punishment, you must detassel the corn. All of it.

4. - Top - End - #784

Borrowed a, I guess.

...okay, that was pretty bad even for me.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

So, hi. Figured I've been on the boards for a couple years, it's high time I actually posted here

I suspect no one here's actually going to recognize me, since I mostly just haunt the gaming boards (and, previously, homebrew/PbP). Quick summary: I'm basically That One Annoying Kid From Japan. I'm about as terrible at introductions as anyone can be since I've got no clue what to say, so please feel free to ask if you've got any questions. Way easier to just answer those.

Anyway, hi everyone. Been up all night, so I'm going to consider getting some sleep, then end up sitting by my desk anyway
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #786

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    .Anyway, hi everyone. Been up all night, so I'm going to consider getting some sleep, then end up sitting by my desk anyway
    Nah, I recognize you, Silly metal man.

Wait, you're from Japan? Or is this some kind of trope I've never encountered before?

Anyway, I'm sorta vaguely confused by all of the punning that was going on.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

I'm from Japan, yes.

Quick rundown: Born and raised in Japan, except for a year and a bit when I lived in Spain. Bad idea. Anyways, I'm English/Israeli, not Japanese, before you ask.

Quicker rundown: I'm strange.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

I know you, Coggers. I-

Holy crap why am I up so late. I should be sleeping I have work in six hours gragh.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wait, you've never posted in this section? Weird. I could have sworn I'd seen you somewhere outside of Gaming (Other). But, whatever. Yo.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Wait, you've never posted in this section? Weird. I could have sworn I'd seen you somewhere outside of Gaming (Other). But, whatever. Yo.
    You have, probably. I'm on PbP and Homebrew every once in a while.

Kinda surprised to see anyone here that I know, honestly Also, Coggers? I'll add that to the pile of nicknames, then. Can't be any worse than "Coggles".
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

11. - Top - End - #791

NecromancerGuy

You have, probably. I'm on PbP and Homebrew every once in a while.

Kinda surprised to see anyone here that I know, honestly Also, Coggers? I'll add that to the pile of nicknames, then. Can't be any worse than "Coggles".
    The Coggles, they do nothing! haha awesome. C-Wheelies where it's at though, yo.

So, somehow I've managed to find someone who is willing to rent a house without air conditioning in the middle of summer.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Coggles, eh?
    *Jots it down in his notebook.*

Also, I don't suppose there's anyone from the Australasia portion of the world that's going to the Rainforest Music Festival in Borneo as well, is there?
    This avatar by Phase.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Coggles, eh?
    *Jots it down in his notebook.*

Also, I don't suppose there's anyone from the Australasia portion of the world that's going to the Rainforest Music Festival in Borneo as well, is there?
    Best font ever.

Got to start using that somewhere.

Okay, third best font ever. Italicized Garamond comes ahead. And I guess Script would be another if it was actually large enough to be legible.

Sorry, I ramble >_>
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Best font ever.

Got to start using that somewhere.

Okay, third best font ever. Italicized Garamond comes ahead. And I guess Script would be another if it was actually large enough to be legible.

Sorry, I ramble >_>
    Eh, it's perfectly okay. Fonts are fun.

In MSN, I use Lucida Calligraphy, 12 point, maroon regular. Great font, and I'm trying to adapt my own illegible handwriting to it.

EDIT: My chances of successfully transferring to Uni of Strathclyde have increased to about 99.7%. Nothing will stop me now. X10 000
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-07-06 at 02:54 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Banned

Coidzor, what, you didn't expect the owners to live in it in the summer without a/c, did you? No, they wised up!

Quote Originally Posted by Starfols View Post
    You have displeased the farm gods!

As punishment, you must detassel the corn. All of it.
    Pardon me while I decide what I hate more, you, or earwigs. (Pluck.) (Scream like a girl!) (Shake off earwigs so fast they break local speeding ordinances.)

Homesick for decent barbecue. Going to try to brew up some mustard-based barbecue sauce and, if good, drown a chunk of meat in it. Wish me luck and the mystical ability to make biscuits (American biscuits! Not "cookies"!) outside of their home territory.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

I tried barbecuing yesterday, actually. By request. As it turns out, I'm a klutz. Ended up briefly catching fire twice.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

I tried barbecuing yesterday, actually. By request. As it turns out, I'm a klutz. Ended up briefly catching fire twice.
    Catch and release then? You should've kept it and grilled it. Grilled fire... mmmMMMmmm...
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

As ingenious as that idea is, some of us aren't too keen on keeping fire. Crazy, I know. Still, maybe I should try that some time.

What do I keep a fire in, anyway? Say, a fish tank?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

As ingenious as that idea is, some of us aren't too keen on keeping fire. Crazy, I know. Still, maybe I should try that some time.

What do I keep a fire in, anyway? Say, a fish tank?
    Well, if you're going to keep it around... They do make good pets, but they need to eat very often. They like to eat everything though... Gotta train them with a water gun, like you do for a cat. I'm sure you could find a place for fire somewhere.
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-07-06 at 04:17 AM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Yourself or the stove?

Painful Oo
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

I once catched on fire, or more correctly, the paper candle-ring for the burning candle I was holding caught on fire when I held it over another burning candle while trying to light a third candle placed next to the second one in the candelholder (confusing, eh?). Panic ensued (for me), and I managed to blow out all the three candles in the process. This was in front of a school dinning room packed with parents in third grade...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    Yourself or the stove?

Painful Oo
    Myself, I'm afraid. I am not a clever person. Accident-prone, on the other hand... yes. Very yes.

Teddy: For some reason, that reminds me of something my younger sister did on her birthday a couple days back. Blowing out the candles, only the cake happened to be tiramis/tiramisu/whatever people call it. Chocolate powder flying absolutely everywhere.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-07-06 at 04:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #803
    Banned

So I got to use my laptop today.

In short, here's the story: my laptop hinge broke, so it's sitting at a friend's, disassembled and awaiting replacement parts. He has a spare TV and spare VGA cable so I got a chance to plug it in and use it. It took some jiggling of the settings to convince the screen to display properly, but after a while I got it figured out. Also discovered that my 3 year old laptop can do dual monitors!

It was really nice to be back on my computer because I know where everything is, and in a sense it was like visiting an old friend in the hospital: still a bit painful because the time you're spending with him is quite different from the time you normally spend and you know he's still sick, but it reminds you why you hang out with him in the first place.

I also took the first diagnostic step to figuring out why my computer is so goddamn slow these days. End process tree of explorer.exe fixed the problem, which means that something based off of explorer is running in the background. Basically what I'm going to do is figure out which processes are closed by the end-tree and dig them out of my computer manually. It'll be great to have my (absurdly powerful... even by today's standards it's pretty solid) laptop back.

I mean seriously, it's got a core2duo with 2.2 ghz/core, 2 gb of ram, and the 8600gtm with 512 mb ram. Sure the ram is outdated and the graphics card is a little underpowered by today's standards, but the dedicated ram is pretty solid on it (the 1gb cards are fairly rare) and it is a 3 year old dell running XP. The only flaw I have with it is that the hdd is only 80gb.

I'm considering ghosting the drive and simply flipping in a 500gb drive instead... but I need an IDE enclosure as well as a HDD, and that's a bit more than I can afford right now since I just dropped $70 for repairs (including parts) and need to drop another $80 to replace the charger.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post

EDIT: My chances of successfully transferring to Uni of Strathclyde have increased to about 99.7%. Nothing will stop me now. X10 000

Assuming there's a Christinglemas Meetup this year, you're coming. You are right?
    Yes.
    Yes you are.

Speaking of meetups, I'm off ingredients shopping tomorrow, and doing some of my cooking then too.
    Most on Thursday though.
    It'll be fun cooking cookies, flapjacks and a cake in this weather.
    If only my camera didn't turn everything blue I'd be tempted to post pics of my scrummy cooking.
    And in preparation for Friday I bought the most awesome gift ever. History Friend's going on an archaelogical dig in Greece to dig up some rocks or something Ancient and Greek, and she's hardly seen a single Disney film.
    So what'd I buy her?
    Hercules!
    And I'm going to include a note along the lines of: 'everything you need to know about Ancient Greece' inside the card too.
    Because it's the most historically accurate portrayal of Ancient Greece ever.
    Plus I got her RENT because she loved helping out with the OUDS production of it.

ION:
    I finally have a hair ribbon that works! It's not a hair ribbon though. It's a tie from around a bundle of towels. It's very long and red.
    When it's all tied proper the tail hangs down to my waist.
    I like it a lot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    :Speaking of meetups, I'm off ingredients shopping tomorrow, and doing some of my cooking then too.
    Most on Thursday though.
    It'll be fun cooking cookies, flapjacks and a cake in this weather.
    it'll be more fun Eating them!

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Banned

Like, time for barbecue everyone! Briskets and biscuits! Why are you bringing cookies to a barbecue?!! My tiny little doggy eats cookies and I, like, do not want to deal with what that does to him! Doggy diapers are just not cool!

The sauce was too thin for garnish but it left its flavor behind. Yum!

27. - Top - End - #807

NecromancerGuy

Cogwheel... What part of yourself caught fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Coidzor, what, you didn't expect the owners to live in it in the summer without a/c, did you? No, they wised up!
    Well, I was planning to live with either the son of the owner or the owner, depending upon whether they went through proper channels to turn the deed to the house over to him or not. If they didn't, she's still getting taxed for it and owns it what with losing the paperwork like idiots.

Pardon me while I decide what I hate more, you, or earwigs. (Pluck.) (Scream like a girl!) (Shake off earwigs so fast they break local speeding ordinances.)
    I am confused though as to why you hate me in particular this time.

Homesick for decent barbecue. Going to try to brew up some mustard-based barbecue sauce and, if good, drown a chunk of meat in it. Wish me luck and the mystical ability to make biscuits (American biscuits! Not "cookies"!) outside of their home territory.
    I hear it involves black magic. I've never tried myself, not after the horror stories of my mom trying to learn from my dad. Then again, he had to make it up as he went along since his mom wouldn't or couldn't teach him.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-07-06 at 01:42 PM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #808

MonkGuy

@Superglucose:

An extra Gb of RAM and your computer will be another one altogether. Seriously. Windows is a RAM eater from birth, and you still got to have all the Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, etc... etc... Just look at your tray. Every little thingie there is feeding off your RAM. Also, browsers today assume you have infinite RAM (I am looking at you, Firefox). And RAM is usually cheap.

Oh yeah, a good ole format and reinstall can do the trick for lagging. I used to manage my windows installations pretty well, but even 2 year olders started to get sluggish. If yours has never been formatted, it is due. It will also brute-force solve your explorer.exe issues.
    Last edited by FinalJustice; 2010-07-06 at 05:17 PM.
    In two seconds I will hit the ground
    A moment stretched out over years
    And my eyes will flicker and then something has changed
    An empty cage, a crimson bud, a street of blood
    A city rose sprung out to greet the rain

PoS: Enter Rain

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm incredibly excited. My family got a new TV (while I was staying with my cousins for Anime Expo, apparently), so we're moving the old one out of the family room and into a bedroom. Since my bedroom has the most space (seriously, it's like 20 feet x 10 feet, at least; I don't recall the exact measurments), I'm getting the old TV. Which means I no longer will need to go downstairs to play any Gamecube (my only console) games I feel like playing. In fact, I'll just have to roll my chair over like 4 feet to be right in front of the TV.
    Now, I need to figure out how to hook it up to my computer so I can play movies on it...

EDIT: Oh, and get the spare GCN connection cord my friend has so I can play the games with sound. I've gotta remember to ask them about that.
    Last edited by absolmorph; 2010-07-06 at 05:41 PM.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FinalJustice View Post
    @Superglucose:

An extra Gb of RAM and your computer will be another one altogether. Seriously. Windows is a RAM eater from birth, and you still got to have all the Anti Virus, Anti Spyware, etc... etc... Just look at your tray. Every little thingie there is feeding off your RAM. Also, browsers today assume you have infinite RAM (I am looking at you, Firefox). And RAM is usually cheap.

Oh yeah, a good ole format and reinstall can do the trick for lagging. I used to manage my windows installations pretty well, but even 2 year olders started to get sluggish. If yours has never been formatted, it is due. It will also brute-force solve your explorer.exe issues.
    Reformatting will bemuch more effort than digging everything out by hand. I am a HORRIBLE organizer and trying to find all the stuff I need... well things go away forever.
    Last edited by Superglucose; 2010-07-06 at 05:54 PM.