New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Banned

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Oh, I thought he misspelled grape.
    I am the only one that can see through the veil...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    Seriously, using water to get rid of fire just leaves all that fuel and oxygen behind, which has already been established as a fire hazard. Best thing to do is use up all the fuel and oxygen.
    What? No, you just light the fire on fire.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
    Someone's been reading too much Schlock Mercenary...
    What's Schlock Mercenary?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Executor View Post
    Another webcomic. I'll let people that actually read it explain it.
    Never eat French fish. They're poisson.

Avatar by Elder Tsofu. May he forever be as awesome as he is when I typed this.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    What? No, you just light the fire on fire.
    That's true; I forgot you need to burn up the heat as well.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Random note: I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's finally separated itself from the original anime and gotten into what I presume is the manga's true plotline and...holy balls. Every episode now, something happens and I'm like "lolwut the eff."
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Eminem and Alicia Keys should fight crime.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Oh, I thought he misspelled grape.
    I am the only one that can see through the veil...
    It's called "raps" in Swedish, and it doesn't come close to the other translation of "rape". The only reason that I included "-seed" was because of the stupid name, so that it would be a bit more obvious that I didn't misspell it.

ION: I took a shower for the first time after my accident this morning (if you don't count the hair-cleaning earlier this week). I feel so refreshed, but apparently, clotted pus isn't as water-resistant as clotted blood, so I had to walk around half the morning with my elbow clear of everything before it finally dried up and clotted again.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-06-19 at 08:53 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Suddenly, a random image!

LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    Suddenly, a random image!

Waldo and Carmen Sandiego!?!?!

I cant tell you how long ive been looking for both of them!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heh, I've seen that before, but its still awesome.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Random images? WHERE IS RAWHIDE WHEN WE NEED HIM?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMew View Post
    It is, however, probably one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen.

13. - Top - End - #193

Well if were going for more random pics

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194

That reminds me of this:

“I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

15. - Top - End - #195
    Firbolg in the Playground

ANd now for something completely different:
    A post without pictures or links. Just words, hopefully strung together into a semi-coherent sentence or phrase.

Weather's been crazily gorgeous since lunchtime, makes me crave an ice lolly.

And since when did Cameron go blonde? Eh. Watching stuff that I don't get to see much, or hardly ever, is okay.

Insanely blue sky, makes me think that summer's going to be super-awesome, that is, if I can even find a job.
    So blue, so delicious, it's actually cyan, I mean so blue that it's almmost white around the edges, purely cloudless and, welp, heavenly.
    I hope the summer lasts more than a few days this time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #196

Ice lolly? Is that a forzen preteen girl in a skimpy outfit?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

That would be an ice loli. Ice lolly's just a popsicle.

Anyway, I'm deciding whether or not to splurge and buy several albums that I want (Starling, Spiders, Tiger and Sprites and Modern Gameplay by Sprites, The Lonesome Death of Buck McCoy by The Minus Five, The Beta Band's three EPs, ABC Music by Stereolab, Can Cladders by The High Llamas).

OK, so yeah, it's mostly because I couldn't find them online anywhere. I'll keep looking, but it I can't find them, I might have to choose some and let go of the others.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2010-06-19 at 02:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMew View Post
    Waldo and Carmen Sandiego!?!?!

I cant tell you how long ive been looking for both of them!
    "This troper once saw a Carmen Sandiego/Waldo fic once. Unfortunately, in a case of perfect irony, he can't find it anymore."
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Executor View Post
    It's a far harder then most science fiction webcomic about a team of mercenaries who do their best to get paid twice, thrice and generally as much money as they can from their clients. The art starts out crummy, but improves, and the story really carries it even with bad art.
    It updates daily and has for its entire run that recently topped a decade.
    Archive Binging at its *urp* finest.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2010-06-19 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

@Koorli: Curses, a thousand curses! Here in the land of 300 days of sunshine (or whatever they claim to be) it's cloudy, windy, and dreary. Have Inglaterra and my banana belt hometown mysteriously swapped?

This weather seriously screws with my brain. We had a balmy January, windy February, and rainy rainy rainy March, April, May, and June. The river is higher than I've ever seen it this time of year, but I WANT MY YEARLY FOUR MONTHS OF DROUGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    OK, so yeah, it's mostly because I couldn't find them online anywhere. I'll keep looking, but it I can't find them, I might have to choose some and let go of the others.
    I believe hard copies to be vastly superior anyway.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: Welcome to Oregon, my dear, the weather's been ****ed since I got here.

I got you one better. A comic exploring the pairing. Actually rather well done.

Still can't find the damn thing anymore or remember who did it.

Had to do with the hypothetical offspring of such a union.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-06-19 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #202
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And since when did Cameron go blonde?
    You see, there also used to be an actual Boris Johnson, a boy slightly sillier than most, but with coherence. Unfortunately, during his time in the boarding halls of future power, some foolish lad picked up a suspiciously blonde-hued rock which had fallen from the stars, and carried it inside. . .now there is only the shell of a man, and the being from the stars seeks a new host and, this time, rather more brains to devour. . .

23. - Top - End - #203

If you don't mind hard copies (which you can rip to your computer anyway) and if you haven't already checked, Barnes & Noble has a pretty good music section. If I want an album and I can't find it anywhere else, I generally go there and find it pretty well (but that's after sifting through a lot of junk). I dunno how obscure the music I buy is compared to what you're looking for, though.

But you might as well give it a shot, if you haven't already checked. *shrug*
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    It's a far harder then most science fiction webcomic about a team of mercenaries who do their best to get paid twice, thrice and generally as much money as they can from their clients. The art starts out crummy, but improves, and the story really carries it even with bad art.
    It updates daily and has for its entire run that recently topped a decade.
    Archive Binging at its *urp* finest.
    I've been meaning to start reading Schlock for forever now, but I'm so intimidated by the massive archives that I can't bring myself to start (and starting at any point other than the beginning would be cheating).

Of course, waiting longer and longer probably isn't a good idea if the size of the archives are what's scaring me.

But both my brother and my friend have been bugging me for a while, so I might get around to it in the vast quantities I free time I have to myself this summer, perfect for archive binging.

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post
    If you don't mind hard copies (which you can rip to your computer anyway) and if you haven't already checked, Barnes & Noble has a pretty good music section. If I want an album and I can't find it anywhere else, I generally go there and find it pretty well (but that's after sifting through a lot of junk). I dunno how obscure the music I buy is compared to what you're looking for, though.

But you might as well give it a shot, if you haven't already checked. *shrug*
    Ooh! That's actually a good idea!

I kind of doubt they carry the stuff, because I am a pretentious indie hipster douche and listen to pretentious indie hipster douche music, but it'll give me something to do anyway. Most of my friends are on vacation in exotic places, so I've been cooped up in the house for around a week. I need things to do.

25. - Top - End - #205

Ooh! That's actually a good idea!

I kind of doubt they carry the stuff, because I am a pretentious indie hipster douche and listen to pretentious indie hipster douche music, but it'll give me something to do anyway. Most of my friends are on vacation in exotic places, so I've been cooped up in the house for around a week. I need things to do.
    Oh, but you're the coolest one. When the time comes to kill all the hipsters, I may spare you.

Anyway, good luck with finding that pretentious indie hipster douche music.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Well goshdarnit if that doesn't just warm my douchey old heart.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    @Koorli: Curses, a thousand curses! Here in the land of 300 days of sunshine (or whatever they claim to be) it's cloudy, windy, and dreary. Have Inglaterra and my banana belt hometown mysteriously swapped?

This weather seriously screws with my brain. We had a balmy January, windy February, and rainy rainy rainy March, April, May, and June. The river is higher than I've ever seen it this time of year, but I WANT MY YEARLY FOUR MONTHS OF DROUGHT.
    I like that name . . . I shall steal it and use it equally alongside Britland. It makes me happy.

From the sounds of it though, it does seem like your home's swapped with mine though. We've had the CrAzYnEsS in the weather that seems like our normal weathers have done a freaky Friday on us.

ION:
    I have a bed now. Seriously. A bed. Not a settee, not a floor, but an actual bed. Granted, it's a fold-away bed, but it's a bed.
    I am pleased.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Koorli, where are you living now that it's summer that you just got a bed?

And also, my condolences for you having to sleep on a settee. It's like a chaise-lounge and a formal sitting room's couch combined for the ultimate in horrible uncomfortable furniture, especially to sleep on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

I have been meaning to ask this, but your avatar Sneak strongly resembles one Wally B. Feed.
    Coincidence or intentionality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

30. - Top - End - #210

We have had rather summery weather of late. To the point that my American friend hasn't been complaining that it's too cold.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."