New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World [CONTENT WARNING]

Tom

"Well ah wasn't really lookin' for no cars, so I don't know... An' yeah, Jane 'ere was the only one I found..." Tom appears to be avoiding the last of Skunk's questions. It was quite clear by the look on his face that thinking about the woman and child was dis-comforting to Tom, and that the nervous cough which came next was an indication to change the subject.
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Skunk slowly opens the door to plumb its dark secrets... only to find that it is a rather normal looking closet. Three metal hangers dangle from a pole, with an old lime green and white windbreaker on the nearest one. In the corner, rests an old looking rifle, though in the flashes of light, it doesn't appear to be loaded. On the top shelf, rests a black box that looks as though its been disturbed recently.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

Jane tries not to look uncomfortable or disgusted. She marginally succeeds but does decide that moving out of the way would be advisable.

She steps into the room and continues to crane her neck towards the dimly lit room accross the way.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff's thrashing calms, as if the bad part of the dream is over...

5. - Top - End - #275

Skunk

Peering into the closet and finally seeing something of potential interest elicits an upliftingly happy response from the floppy-haired punker, "Yay, a jacket. Yay, an old rifle. Yay, a box."

Sarcastic little bastard.

"Hmmm..."

Skunk ignores the rifle for the moment and takes the box down from the shelf. As a kind of natural process, he mentally gauges the weight of the container in an effort at guessing its contents before doffing the lid. He played this sort of game every birthday and every Christmas when he was a kid. Got pretty good at it, too. Of course, the weight of a package of socks or a new volume of the Encyclopedia Americana became pretty easy to recognize after so many repetitions. He never did get the whole set. But those days are long gone, anyway.

"Oooh, I betcha its a nice big box of candles, ya think?"

Sarcastic little bastard.

6. - Top - End - #276

Unfortunately, for that poor little bastard, as he opens the box, he sees nothing even remotely like a candle. In fact, the box had been disappointingly light in his hands. Inside are old photos of people standing around inside this building, as well as outside of it. Beneath the dirtied photos lie awards that were never handed out to people in the form of ribbons.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

Sensing no immediate threat from the loony looking through the box, Jane carefully wanders over to the lit room.

8. - Top - End - #278

Giving up on getting the last burner to light up with the rest of them Ed quietly stands in front of the stove for a few seconds, letting the small amount of heat from the flames warm him up slightly before continuing on with what he meant to do. Looking down to the makeshift bandaging around his chest it didn't look so bad in this light, it merely looked dark rather than stained with his own blood. Slowly he reached down to it, hesitating slightly before taking it off Come on Edward, you need to see how bad it looks, if it's ok then you can go to the hospital after you go get Sally.

Taking in a deep calming breath he started to take the bandaging off, cringing slightly in pain as the dried blood it was soaked in came unstuck from his skin. In the eery blue light from the stove it didn't actually look too bad, all that was there was a rather small hole where the bullet went in. It didn't even look like it was bleeding anymore. Slowly he wrapped the bandage back around, for all the good it might do for him.
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

9. - Top - End - #279

Skunk

Sifting briefly through the box, Skunk releases a disgusted sigh. "Y'know, this place must not have been occupied for a while. Was it boarded up or something when you guys showed up? I didn't notice anything like that, but I went around back."

He tucks the box under one arm then reaches for the windbreaker, throwing that over his other shoulder. Its slick fabric causes it to slide down over his arm a couple times despite his best efforts to fix it in place. The problem is eventually handled by sticking one wadded end of it in his jacket pocket, letting the rest dangle to the floor.

Sticking the end of the mini-flash between his teeth, he aims the beam down to the corner where the rifle stands, then reaches in and grabs the weapon a hands-width down the barrel. Pulling it out carefully, not allowing the business end to swing towards himself or anyone else he can actually see in the room, he inspects it for a moment.

{OOC: gauging age, condition, calibre, etc...you have my char sheet. :)}

10. - Top - End - #280

Tom

"Boarded up?.. Ah don't remember no boards, but ah think there was some kinda barricade down over by tha door, it wasn't too easy to get into."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Pixie in the Playground

The young woman peeks her head into what appears to be the kitchen.

"Hi."

12. - Top - End - #282

Jane sees a very dimly lit kitchen with a man standing in front of the oven. Three of the burners are on and shedding light, however little, upon the man's features. He is just in the middle of putting a bandage back onto his shoulder as you peek inside. He looks up and your eyes meet.

And just as Ed finishes up putting his bandage back on, he feels eyes upon him, and hears the tiny squeak of the kitchen door opening. He turns his head and sees a brand new face.. the face of a woman, staring at him. He hears her tiny greeting, and their eyes meet.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

*Jack stares down at Jeff's suddenly tranquil, recumbent form, lost in his own nightmares and dreamscapes. His senses seem to tell him he is somewhere - or more accurately, somewheres - else. The smell of burnt flesh. The sounds of gunfire, then of hard rain on a tin roof. The searing heat of summer. The biting cold of winter, so cold that icy fingers seem to reach into the bones and chill the marrow within.. his breath comes slow and deep as his eyes stare, seeing not Jeff but all the faces of the dead before him. All the bodies left behind in places that never were, in events that never happened, save in the minds of those who were there. Behind the Bamboo Curtain, where strange beasts in the skin of men stalked each other through jungle twilight, and noises out of nightmare echoed through the endless trees.. all this, Jack sees, hears, smells, feels, as he kneels besides the still form of the deathlike dreamer*
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2006-11-07 at 11:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Edward

Looking up towards the sound of the door to the main room of the building opening he saw a figure standing in the doorway, from the weak amount of light coming from the stove the figure appeared to be female, a guess which was re-inforced when she uttered a small greeting towards him. So another person's stuck in here with the rest of us. I wonder why she picked this building above the other ones around here...

"Uhhm hello there. I think you might want to get away from there, all the crazier people in this building seem to have congregated around in there. In fact out of the sane people who are here, one's lying in there, shot, and the other went outside to go help a couple people who ran out into the rain." And whatever the hell other freaky **** that's waiting around out there, I sure hope Tom finds them and gets back soon I still need his help to get over to her apartment. He lets a small sigh before looking back up to the girl with a small bit of a surprise at himself for his lack of manners "My names Edward by the way, Edward Kaitler, you can call me Ed if you want to."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285

As the two begin their introductions in the kitchen, Skunk tries to decipher the secrets of the rifle in his hands. As he turns it over and over, he can tell that it is a well built rifle, though it has seen much better days. The name brand has mostly been rubbed off, though "ton 700" is still legible. To Skunk's knowledge, there are only a few ways to check if the gun still fires. He can either take it apart and study the pieces, or stimply try to fire off a round. His knowledge of guns does extend so far so as to tell him that it is a bolt action rifle, meaning one shot in between reloads. Overall, though, it feels like a very dependable piece of equipment in this situation.

As he is checking over the new-found toy, he notices Jack begin to sweat and stare down at Jeff as if in a daze. There is no way to tell what Jack is thinking, only that it is quite intense. Skunk thinks it best to avoid him for the time being, especially while holding a weapon...

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

She walks in.

"Um...I'm Jane. Jane Morgan. Tom was the one who was searching for the two that ran out. He found me instead; my car was hit by a bus, I think."

She steps closer to Ed.

"What's going on? Why was there a shooting? Did anyone call the police?"

17. - Top - End - #287

Skunk

"Hmmm...this ain't a bad little rifle. I'm surprised to find anything of use in this place given what I've seen so far."

Skunk walks to the desk, yanks the jacket from his pocket and tosses it on top. He then takes the box from its snug spot under his arm and puts it down atop the jacket.

Lastly, he goes through the necessary motions to determine if the gun is loaded.

As he does so he says, "I dunno about the rest of you, but I'd kinda like to get the hell outta here. The other guy went out and made it back, so how bad could it be? Rain doesn't bug me. 'Sides, we should get that guy to a hospital or whatever."

18. - Top - End - #288

Tom

"A hospital? Yeah, sounds a plan.. I'll go tell the others. Oh, an by the way, 'the other guy'.. he got a name ya know." With a quick glance back at Jeff, Tom starts to make his way towards the back room, still not sure of who he was actually talking to. Huh, I wonder if he be the one who Jeff told me 'bout, when he said 'bout the trouble..

The thudding sound of heavy boots and squelching clothes announces Tom's journey to the kitchen. His large hand grips the side of the already opened door and pushed it a little bit wider, more to announce the fact that he was entering the room, but the widened opening was needed to accomidate Tom's bulky size. Seeing two familiar faces inside the room, and the lack of anything that he would prefer not to see, Tom smiles broadly. " 'Ello again..."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

Jane swiftly turns around when she hears noise behind her.

"Oh, Tom. You startled me. Listen...You have to be straight with me. Ed here says that some of the people in the other room are less than all there. Is it safe to be in this building? Is there anywhere else where we can go?

Has anyone tried to call the police?"

20. - Top - End - #290

Edward

Seeing Tom's broad frame step into the doorway a small smile spreads across his face in return to his broad one. Finally some things are starting to go right in this hellish night. Tom was right to help me before, he should probably take only a little bit of convincing to go ahead now...

Just as Ed was about to step forward and talk to Tom Jane swiftly popped up before him with her own questions about what was going on. Hearing what she was saying he thought back to what had happened. "They aren't 'all there' but I don't think it's their fault, there's been some really weird things happening tonight." Looking distictly uncomfortable for a moment he speaks up again. "Also we tried to call the police and hospital right, ahhhm, right after the bus crash actually. None of us got anything other than a dead line though." Remembering his own phone and the harrowing call he'd made on it a grim pallor settles over his face, the small smile held on there dissapearing in an instant. Moving over closer towards the doorway he looks up to Tom "You don't know how to hotwire a car do you Tom? I'm well enough to move and I don't want to be wasting any more time in here, I have to go get her now."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Skunk

Skunk replies to Tom's rather snide comment, "Yeah, Jack, Jeff, Joe, Fred, Tom, Marsha...I can barely remember my own name tonight. Maybe we can have a brew and do some introducing properly when we get outta here."

Skunk likes his new rifle and hefts it up to test the weight, while running a hand along the barrel to get a feel for its alignment.

"We gonna need a car, I think. Can't lug the injured guy the whole way. Anyone drive here? I, umm, got here, sorta, by cab."

22. - Top - End - #292

Tom

Tom was ready to step in and answer Jane's questions, but Ed beat him to it. Tom waited patiently for Ed to finish, so that he could give his own input of the topic. However, what Ed said pretty much summed up Tom's feelings about the night. "Yeah, thats 'bout right Jane. Some freaky crap been hapnin' in here, but it not really no ones fault."

When Ed mentioned 'her' Tom was quite unsure what he meant. He thought about it for a little while before it hit him, Ed's girlfriend still needed help! While he couldn't remember her name, Tom was more than ready to help him find her. Huh, maybe you will find someone else tonight Tom. Just maybe... Tom shook his head sadly to Ed, "Nah Ed, I can drive, but I need a car to do it..."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

JANE

"How far do you need to go Ed? Who do you need to find?"

24. - Top - End - #294

Skunk

Pulling back the bolt and peering inside, Skunk sees that the rifle is empty and there were no signs of shells in the closet where the rifle was found.

"Oh well, this pretty much figures. Still, nice weapon. I should be able to pick up some shells at the shop...tom...whenever I get home."

He places the rifle on the rain-slicked desk, then grabs up the box and removes the lid. Flipping the photos around inside the container proves too much of a hassle, so instead he spreads the thin jacket out on the corner farthest away from the broken glass of the window and dumps the contents onto the synthetic fabric. He brings forth his mini-flash and begins to sift through the photos, paying more attention to the details now than he ever would with photos of other people he didn't know. It preoccupied his mind a bit and provided a minor sense of place within this building. At least the first photo did...
    Last edited by Velvet Elvis; 2006-11-11 at 02:38 AM. Reason: incorporated new info

25. - Top - End - #295

As far as Skunk can tell, the rain has soaked the entirety of the table, and even has begun to drip onto the floor. From this vantage point, Skunk can see outside the building, and notices through all the torrential downpour, lights many city blocks away, indicating that power is on at least somewhere. However, he does also see that within a good mile around their position, no lights are on anywhere.

He still manages to look through the pictures however, but doesn't come across anything of importance. Every time he goes on to the next photo, he swears that there is another person in the previous photo that he didn't see. Its funny though, because its only when he's not looking at the photo that it happens.

26. - Top - End - #296

Skunk

At first he didn't notice, but there was something peculiar about the photos. The sharp light in contrast to the general darkness of the rest of the room was quickly hard on his eyes and he figured the sensation that the pictures kept changing was just a side-effect of that. He didn't know anyone in the pictures, anyway, so the fact that it seemed he saw someone different, or someone extra when he checked some of them twice didn't feel like much to worry about.

Noticing what appear to be streetlights in the distance, he drops the short stack of photos back onto the jacket and turns in place. He could still see the glare of the mini-flash reflection on the photos in his retinas as he spoke, "Hey, umm...Tom...where's Tom? Tom you in the big room? TOM!? You happen to notice any streetlights on anywhere when you were out there? I see some down maybe a mile or so, hard to tell?"

He turns back and gathers up the rifle, leaving the jacket and photos to dodge the bouncing raindrops on their own.

Anyone in the main room could hear him say, "Doesn't look like the world has ended, so anyone else ready to get the hell outta here? I'm tired of standing around in the dark. We can borrow a car or something or knock on some doors and borrow a phone. This is a mostly residential area. And didn't I see a 7-11 right around here?"

Skunk's voice and demeanor seems almost upbeat by comparison to his usual sarcastic normal.

27. - Top - End - #297

Tom

While Tom was waiting for Ed's reply to Jane, Tom heard his name shouted from the room he had just came from. Sticking his head around the door Tom got there in time to hear Skunk's question about the street-lights. "Yeah, saw some lights. Not too far from 'ere, found Jane near 'em" He stands around to see if Skunk had anything else to ask him, and so was there to hear his... 'plan'. "I don't know 'bout no 7-11, but me an' Ed in 'ere was just talkin' 'bout the same thing, he wants to get out too. Maybe ya should come see if he got any ideas, 'cause I don't know a thing 'bout borrowin' a car."

28. - Top - End - #298

Skunk

At Tom's suggestion, Skunk walk's slowly toward the kitchen, whose location is easier to see now that the doorway has been transformed into a softly glowing blue rectangle.

Reaching the doorway he steps in but stops quickly to reassure those inside, "Oh, don't mind the rifle. Found it in the closet. Nice piece, but it ain't loaded at the mo, so no probs, eh?"

He sidles over to the sink, not too far from the stove which has served to warm the room a bit, though most of the heat is escaping through the many holes this place has acquired tonight.

"Hmm...well, I don't have a plan, exactly. Just figured we could, y'know, wire a nearby car and get, umm...Jack, or is it Jeff...to the hospital. Qualifies, as an emergency, right? There's like, some rule that says it's okay when it's really important. Not like stealing it or anything, it'll get back to the owner eventually."

Apparently satisfied that he's justified all the sticking points, he waits for any reply.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

Jane

"What about the car I was in? It shouldn't be too totaled seing as I'm still alive. We can go and have a look...I'm nowehere near dry but if we keep moving I should be able to avoid getting hypothermia."

30. - Top - End - #300

Skunk

"Hmm...well, that'd remove the problem some might have with borrowing a ride. How far away is it?"