New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World [CONTENT WARNING]

Jane has been quiet. A car full of strange men most of whom are carrying guns isn't exactly her idea of a good time.

So she makes herself small and tries to avoid notice. Her heart pounds and threatens to jump out of her chest more than once and it ends up sinking when the radio broadcast comes on.

She brushes the glass off of herself and meticulously places her hair and clothes until her pulse goes back to something closer to normal.

"There has to be an S-Mart around here...You can get everything there." And maybe I can slip away from these crazies...

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

"Actually, that's not a bad idea." Jeff will lean forward and tap Jack on the shoulder. "With everything so crazy, there's not going to be a lot of people, and there are medical supplies, guns, ammo, and maybe some clothes."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

*Jack chuckles a bit as Jane speaks up*

"That's good thinking, Miss. Solid and sensible. You'd make a fine Marine"

*So saying, Jack turns the car in the direction of the nearest S-Mart*

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jack knows there is a well established S-Mart north of here about ten minutes. However, to the south is one much closer, though it has yet to open it doors to the public. He assumes it has merchandise inside, as it is set to open within the month or next, but he can't be sure.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

*Jack considers momentarily.. the new one is bound to be less ransacked than the well-established one, so if it is stocked, it will likely be more intact.. and, since it's so close, if it turns out to be empty, they can quickly return to the new one. Voicing as much to the others, he heads towards the newer location*

6. - Top - End - #396

The trip is uneventful, quite the opposite of what everyone expects, save for a few buildings looking ransacked or just plain beat to hell. There is a Logan's Roadhouse restaurant that is mostly burnt to the ground, with bits of the building strewn all over the parking lot. The smoke has long since poured out and been exhausted. The sunrise is coming along nicely as the clock reads 6:10 A.M.

There are no cars to be seen, let alone a single person anywhere. You pass many restaurants, as well as a few department stores on your way to S-Mart, including a Krogers, Target, Kohls, Menards, and Sears. A wreck in the middle of an intersection causes Jack to go around through a parking lot, with little inconvenience.

Approaching the S-Mart, you see a largely empty parking lot except for three cars rammed into the front doors, in a haphazard blockade. You could easily climb over them, but it might be more prudent to try a back entrance. It is safe to assume someone is inside. You have just entered the parking lot, quite out of view of the front doors.

7. - Top - End - #397

Skunk

At the mention of heading to an S-Mart, Skunk emits an odd, hollow laugh.

"Amazing!" he says, shaking his head.

At the multiple queries, he replies, "With all this crap going on, it isn't me that figures to find an S-Mart! I friggin' work at one, in the friggin' Hunting Department! I guess I thought of Len's first for guns, cuz I bought my shotgun there before I started working at S-Mart."

He shrugs lamely, and attempts to inspect his gun briefly as their borrowed SUV enters the S-Mart parking lot.

Seeing the trio of cars playing the part of stooges seeming to be trying to get through the big doors at the same time, he says to Jack, "Head around back. These places always have a main delivery bay and a separate door that leads into the stock foreman's office."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

Jack bows to Skunk's superior knowledge of the S-Mart layout, pulling around the back, making sure to keep out of view of the main doors, and of the windows, if possible.

9. - Top - End - #399

Thankfully, there are no windows to be seen from the sides, and the backside of the building is bare, save a large garage door, and a small side door beside it, up three concrete steps. The back here looks largely untouched by human interaction, perhaps only dinged up in the past usage.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

Jeff is mostly silent the entire ride there, creeped out by the fact that there's not another living soul to be seen on the streets for the entire ride here.

When they reach the parking lot, he comments, mostly to himself, "With the blockade up in front of the door, it seems pretty clear there are people here. Maybe they won't want to, but we need to convince them to share."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Halfling in the Playground

Tom

Glad to be somewhere safer, hopefully, than the ransacked gun store, Tom lightens up a bit. He seems a little worried at the barricade to the front, clearly wondering who could be inside.

"You right Jeff, they might not wanna share. They might be able to stop us convincin' 'em too... I don't know 'bout you lot, but I say we watch out backs in there"
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

12. - Top - End - #402

Skunk

Skunk watches the rear of the building come into view and is pleased, after a fashion, to see the area hasn't been targeted by mobs. Especially the big door.

"Hmm...good news. The delivery bay hasn't been pried open from the outside, or left hanging open from the inside, which means its likely the stockroom hasn't been infiltrated yet," he says while sharp eyes continue to scan the little angles and nooks visible from his limited vantage point. Infiltrated?

Even before the SUV comes to a slow stop, Skunk's released his restraints and has the door ajar. He hops out as soon as possible, leaving the door partly open and advising those inside to do the same to avoid the noise which might alert anyone inside. In addition, he stretches in to turn off the radio. Though there was currently silence due to whatever happened at the studio, an overlay broadcast from local government or such might cut in and be overheard by anyone that might be inside.

He adds, "So, does anyone need or want this Remington or should I go ahead and use it. No one gets my pistol, by the way." The last words sound a bit petulant, but it isn't secret knowledge that those who like guns--too much, or otherwise--tend to become very attached to certain ones. Most especially those that have been instrumental in preserving their own lives.

"So if anyone isn't armed yet, and can use it, now's the time. We might be lucky and find some fresh shipments of arms and ammo in the stock room, but bear in mind that depending on what sort of departments they're running here, most, if not all, of the guns may be longarms. Pistols aren't typically part of a hunting loadout. Anyway, we'll see what we get. The doors will be locked, and I'm guessing the bay's probably locked too, from last night at closing time. If not, it'll tell us flat out that someone's inside or has been inside the stock room since then and just closed the door." He trails off and pulls away from the SUV with the last words, rifle in one hand, pistol in the other.

For the moment, he leans over the passenger side fender, pistol aimed in the general direction of the bay and side doors before him as he gives the area one more look while waiting for the others to hit the pavement.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

Jeff will move to the back of the car and pop the back door so that the woman and Tom can climb out- and in the new light, Jeff gets his first good look at the new female. Tall and not too hard on the eyes, but Jeff is married, and quickly checks her hands to see if she has any sort of weapon.

Staying near Tom, Jeff will whisper "This sounds like a bad idea gone worse- but if we stay together, we might get through it okay."

Dropping to one knee, behind the car and out of sight of everyone but Tom and this lady, Jeff pulls out his wallet and speaks in chineses, staring at it intently. The wallet seems to shimmer, and turns into an FBI badge, complete with brass eagle and shield. When he's finished, he looks back up at Tom, and gives a half-convincing smile, "Just in case."

With his minimum of preparations complete, Jeff moves to a crouch, looking at the back of the warehouse and his compatriots.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

*Jack grins, a feral light leaping into his eyes as he thinks about combat.. slowly killing the ignition as he pulls his Ruger pistol from it's pocket and checks the chamber and nods*

I'm ready. Let's go.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

He can't be all bad if they hired him...can he? Hmm. If the creeps in housewares are any indication, working at S-Mart does not a gentleman make.

Jane remains quiet until Jeff unlocks the back and allows her to step out.

"Thanks. I seem to be all about being released from vehicles tonight." She looks up. "Ugh. This morning."

Jane has no weapon in hand, only a bag and a purse. Her smile IS killer...but she doesn't look like the kind of girl who carries a gun. Some lipstick and breathmints are far more likely.

She bats her eyelashes and quickly goes to check her hair in the car mirror before following after the others.

She catches up to Jeff. "I'm Jane by the way. Are you ok? You seem a bit drained..."

16. - Top - End - #406

Tom

Tom leans out of the door Jeff had just opened, giving him a smile and nodded thanks, and steps onto the ground. Hearing Jeff's whispered comment to him, Tom can do nothing but agree. "I hear you on that one, who knows whats in there.." he whispers back, trying not to let the fear in his mind show through in his voice.

Staring intently at Jeff's wallet, Tom can't help but feel amazed. "Some fancy technology that is.." he mutters, slipping his hand into an inner pocket. Finding what he wants, the hand comes out cluching a bulky and rather lethal looking colt python. "Just in case, eh?"

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

*Jack gives another one of those odd grins as he chuckles softly and shakes his head.. putting his foot down carefully, attempting to move as quietly towards the door as possible*

This reminds me of back when me and the boys were behind the Bamboo Curtain. Those were some times, I can tell you.. this one time, there was a lab, deep in the jungles... wasn't even black ops. Even the black ops fellas didn't know about this place.. they were growing these... things in vats. Before we torched 'em, I got a good look at 'em.. the worst part... the worst part was that, despite the muzzles and the tails and the fangs and claws.. you could see the bits where they had been people, once. That's what this **** reminds me of.

Oh. And nice to meet you, Jane.

"Move Silently" - (1d20+7)[14]

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

Walking with Tom and Jane, he hears both of their comments, smiling in return to Jane's comment. "Hi Jane, I'm Jeff," He says, after finally learning her name. Shifting his wounded shoulder, he's not exactly sure when she showed up, and doesn't want to badmouth Jack with the crazy guy standing less than ten feet away. He goes the safer conversation route, and simply replies to her query; "I do feel a little drained. I could use a cup of hot coffee and about two days worth of sleep, at very least."

Listening to Jack yammering on about crazy drek, and watching the punker and Jack move toward the back of the warehouse, Jeff is more than happy to let them take the lead. He nods at Tom's gun, as if to reassure him that it's a good idea for the crazy people not to have ALL the guns.

19. - Top - End - #409

Skunk

As the others begin to move, Skunk moves from beside the SUV's fender, pistol in his right hand, Remington held in the other He angles in towards the left side of the big loading door with intent to get a look at the lock to see if it's been broken, and if not, whether it's currently secured or left open.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Jack introduces himself from way in front of them, Jane is a bit startled. She waves at him uncertainly and tries not to think about the things that the older man describes. Jane also glances at Tom's gun, a little less convinced now that he is one of the sane ones.

Jeff seems like a safe bet.

"No kidding. I feel like death warmed over and I absolutely need a shower." She runs a hand across her hair, placing it again. "I don't know what to do about getting to work this afternoon either...I guess I should call my manager...If I can find a working phone."

"Work." She rolls her eyes to the sky. "I wonder if there even IS a work for me to call."

She looks at the only man not carrying a gun and whispers. "Do you really think that it's safe to follow those two?" She nods her head in Jack and Skunk's direction.

21. - Top - End - #411

Jack and Skunk both skulk over towards the closed bay door, and find to both their dismay and relief that it is shut tight and unmarked. That means no one has been here yet, but also that they will have to find a way to open it. Nearby, above a set of three stairs and behind a railing, is a steel man-sized door, that also looks secured and untouched.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

Jeff gives Jane half of a smile when she mentions calling into work sick. He winces when something twinges in his arm, and he remembers how serious thier situation really is. "Jane, I think they'll understand if you don't call in."

With Tom's gun out and ready, and Jeff and Jane together in a smaller group, Jeff begins looking around. "Wait, wasn't there another guy in our group?" With a short whistle to the two front men to hold up, Jeff will move back to the car to check on Ed.
    Last edited by Logain; 2007-01-30 at 03:42 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413

Skunk

Feeling the, so far, unwarranted need to keep his voice low, Skunk says to Jack, "Okay, looks like we're good on maybe finding stuff left to be moved from stock to shelves. We might be able to find something useful--though we do have a rather nice assortment of ass-kicking already, if ya ask me."

He holsters his pistol, sending it and his right hand briefly into his leather jacket, then takes the trio of steps, hopping over the railing to gain position in front of the metal door. Over his shoulder, assuming Jack has continued to maintain their relative positions, he says, "I'm rusty, but I might be able to get this popped, but don't count on it."

Standing the Remington on its butt to lean against the wall beside the door, he lowers himself to one knee as he fishes out his trusty--if lightly-used--set of lockpicking tools.

However, being an avid watcher of slapstick movies of all sorts, he thinks to test the doorknob first--just in case. Finding it locked, as expected, he selects a pair of long, oddly-shaped tools and slides them into the knob's keyhole. Looking up at the door rather than at the knob itself, he begins the dextrous maneuvers all hope will result in relatively easy access to the room beyond.

24. - Top - End - #414

Tom

Smiling at Jane's comment about missing work, Tom is reminded of the fight he had missed earlier. My manager 'aint gonna be happy 'bout that.. Slightly worried about his job security, Tom remains silent as he walks near to Jeff and Jane.

"Wait, wasn't there another guy in our group?" Jeff's question hits Tom hard, they had all forgotten about Ed. Turning on his heel he follows Jeff back to the car, hoping that Ed will be all right.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane follows Tom and Jeff back to the car.

"What do we do if he isn't ok?..."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

"I'm not in condition to do much more than say a prayer for him at this point. I guess we could drag him inside and try to do something medical... but I'd rather get him to a hospital, assuming that one is still open and not overrun with horrors at this point."

Jeff moves to the side of the car Ed climbed into before they left the other building, and opens the door gently, almost afraid of what he's going to find.

((How is Ed faring at this point?))
    Last edited by Logain; 2007-01-31 at 03:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417

With what seems like ease, and maybe luck, Skunk finds a click and a pop much to his liking. The doorknob twists slightly, assuring him that the door is now unlocked. Jack looks on tensely, wondering what may be lurking behind the door.

As Jeff gently pops open the car door, Ed's body slumps towards him slightly, but not so far as to fall out. The wound in his shoulder looks to have bleed alot more, as most of his shirt is now stained, as his part of his jacket. After a moment of wondering whether he's alive or not, his eyes flutter open and his head tilts to look at Jeff. He coughs and sprays blood onto the back of the driver's seat, then says, "What..... where are.... how did... I can't remember. Jeff? Tom?" His hand comes to rest on his face for a moment before stumbling out of the vehicle and leaning against it.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff
    Jeff immediately grabs Ed, slinging the injured man's arm over his shoulder, and helping take the weight. With his arms busy, he nods with his head for Tom to take the other arm.

"Hey man, you're going to be alright. We're stopping here for some supplies, and then we're going to get you to a hospital. How are you feeling?"

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane hangs back just a little so as to avoid crowding the men. She looks at Ed's shoulder and sees the wound clearly for the first time; her heart sinks a little at the sight of the blood.

That doesn't look good at all...

30. - Top - End - #420

Skunk

Skunk's success is underscored as he pulls back his elbow to pump a clenched fist. "Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" he exclaims a bit too loudly. He shushes himself immediately afterward with a finger to his lips.

Returning his tools to their leather roll-up and placing that back into its previously arranged hiding place, he stands and looks at Jack.

"Ready?" he asks, but then thinks to glance around for the others. Noticing them at the rear of the SUV, but, from his angle, not being able to see what they're doing, he wonders what they're up to. He says as much to Jack. "You wanna find out what's holding them up and drag 'em over here so we can get to business?"

As Jack answers, Skunk recovers the Remington in his left hand, his 9mm reappearing in the other.
    Last edited by Velvet Elvis; 2007-02-05 at 11:09 PM.