New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World [CONTENT WARNING]

Skunk

When the guard started flashing the light at them, Skunk became a tad bit nervous. He didn't want him to flip out if he saw the gun still pointed at him, but Skunk wasn't about to let his guard down, especially not now. His mind worked as he tried to figure what he'd do if he were in the same position. The result was: not much else. After all, if Jack or Jeff were coming at him with a knife or pointing a gun at him and acting all weirded out, he'd lay a line of lead into either of them. Better safe than sorry in an upside down world. He further granted the guard some benefit of the doubt about his overall nonchalance. Maybe he was just in a light state of shock; emotions are dulled and warped when you're like that, and the impact of doing things you'd never do otherwise don't sink in until you have the mental wherewithall to think about it.

Still, Skunk remains on edge. Apparently, normal didn't exist anymore.

Turning a little to the side so that his gun was no longer facing directly at the guard, but was still up and ready just in case, Skunk says to him, "I guess ya hadda do it. Some strange things happening tonight. So, who was it that trapped you guys in here?" He could sort of smell the suspicion of his companions, and keeping the man talking a bit might help all of them determine if he's legit, or not.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive = 11 (1d20=9+2)

2. - Top - End - #452

The guard shakes his head when questioned about the first aid kit. "Sorry son, there's nothing like that back here. That stuff's all kept in the employee lounge." Looking now for the next person to be speaking, he sees Skunk with flopped over mohawk and all. "Yeah, strange isn't the word for it. The guard started freaking out and everybody else jammed the door shut. I had to down him..." His voice trails off a little.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skunk needs a spot check

3. - Top - End - #453

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot = 14 (1d20=12+2)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

Jack nods at the man's story, thinking quietly and shuddering a little bit as he walks along with the others.

Yeah, we know what you mean.. we had a simliar experience.. and old lady who was with us.. she just freaked out.. it was like she was possessed or something

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane frowns at Jack's words...

What old lady?

6. - Top - End - #456

Skunk

Not quite satisfied with the guard's answer, Skunk presses a bit. "That other guard...what exactly was he doing? I've seen people freak out all sorts of ways in my life; what was this one doing that made ya feel it was necessary to shoot?"

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

Jeff shakes his head at Jane. "Trust me, you're better off not knowing. It's how I got shot, anyway."

8. - Top - End - #458

The guard begins to take steps towards the group in general while saying, "His face looked like some kind of feckin' rotting corpse and he tried to bite my arm off. It took three bullets in the face to get him off of me...." Its odd and might just be the intensity of the situation, but the guard shows very little remorse or sadness for having to kill in such a brutal fashion. And amazingly, there is no blood on him for having to such someone at close range.
    Last edited by HellFencer; 2007-02-20 at 02:14 PM. Reason: colors

9. - Top - End - #459

Skunk

Watching the guard warily as he steps closer, Skunk is finding the dichotomy between his supposed actions and his demeanor a bit unsettling. His description of his whacked-out co-guard's actions seemed to fall into a similar category, a bit, at least, as those of the old lady he'd been told about. Whatever madness was invading people seemed to turn them into total weirdos, and this guard, though peculiar didn't appear to fit the bill of possessed homicidal maniac. Perhaps his nonchalance was due to shock. Yeah. Skunk had already thought that might be the case and it may well be true.

"Really?!" Sounding stunned and curious seemed a good ploy to draw some more out of him without revealing all the gory details of our own experiences just yet. "Whaddaya figure happened to him to make him go nuts? I mean, that'd take some pretty bad smack to get ya doing that sorta thing. And did you say all the...umm...people out in the showroom are like that or was it just him?"
    Last edited by Velvet Elvis; 2007-02-20 at 03:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

"Boy, if I knew what was wrong with him, I wouldn't be in here with a dead body," says the guard as he walks even closer to the group. He is now somewhere around twenty feet away, approaching closest to Jack and Skunk as the spearheads. "And they were trying to lock that thing in here; I'd assume that means everyone out there is fine."

11. - Top - End - #461

Skunk

I thought I smelled something unlike rose petals in here....

Skunk makes an offended grunting sort of sound, and says, "How come ya didn't just shove the corpse out back until it could be taken care of properly? I know I wouldn't, and don't, want to be stuck in a dark room with a corpse of anything laying around."

He couldn't shake the feeling that the guard was sincere and just another shmoe like themselves, caught in a ridiculous situation with little solid idea of what to do about it. Likewise, he couldn't dismiss that nagging in his head that comes from the special sixth sense of the paranoiac placed in an unorthodox situation.

With pointed acuity, Skunk notices every inch the guard draws closer, but reacts in no outward manner other than to continue feeding him line in the form of questions and inferences in hopes he'll either hang himself and give away his true nature, or coil it all back up and prove, if such were possible, he was what he claimed to be.

I've definitely seen this episode of Horror After Midnight, or something. Now what did Marcus and Beasly do...?

12. - Top - End - #462
    Halfling in the Playground

Tom

Tom leaves it to Jack and Skunk to talk to the guard, his attention staying with the others closer to him. He glances sympathetically at Ed, unsure of what he could do to help him. Jeff's words filter into Tom's brain, causing a certain amount of curiosity, he never had found out how that had happened. Kepping his voice low so as to not draw attention to them, Tom speaks to Jeff in a quiet whisper. "How did you get shot, anyways?"
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

13. - Top - End - #463

The guard replies bluntly to Skunk's inquiry again, "Would you wanna pull a dead body across the floor and then outside? I'd have thrown up again..."

14. - Top - End - #464

Skunk

An irritated smirk plays across the world's favorite punker-wannabe; at least for a moment.

"Well, uhh, no, however I think I'd like it even less if I had to smell the thing rotting nearby. One option makes it all done and out of the way, the other is a gift that keeps on giving."

With the guard seemingly a bit too bi-polar for comfort, Skunk asks, "Tell ya what, you show us where the body is, and we'll cart the sucker outside. You might not want to do any dirty work, I mean, beyond shooting him, I guess, but it's not such a hot idea to leave it lying around. And you never know if the thing might not just pull a Jason or something on ya, and wake up again, eh? Better it being outside than drag-stepping itself around here...in the dark...with us. Know what I mean?"

Of course he knew what Skunk meant. It was all perfectly logical; perfectly rational.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

Jack eyes the man carefully, saying nothing, his face blank.. His instincts within, though.. they tell him this guy is not to be trusted. Either he's been a little bent out of shape by all this, He has been for awhile... or, well, Something Else. In any case, he bears careful watching.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff
    Jeff tests his shoulder and winces after Tom's question. He looks to jane as well as to Tom, and lowers his voice so that they understand that this conversation is for them, and not for the general public... or the crazy guard sitting in the dark with a corpse.

Jeff sighs, reviewing the story in his mind before saying it out loud. Yup, it still sounds as crazy as it was to live it. "The old lady Jack was threatening actually did attack him- she bit his gun... it was crazy, it was like she was trying to freak him out and get him to kill her, but he shot her, and when he did, I was trying to pull her off of him, so the bullet went right through her and got me. After that bus crash, I was mostly running on fumes anyway, and I dropped to the ground. Next thing I know, the house is on fire and spitting out my backpack, and the world is upside down."

With his story over, he keeps his voice at the conspiratorial whisper level, and says to Tom and Jane, "If this guard dude is as crazy as Jack, or starts anything funny, we leave and let them deal with each other."
    Last edited by Logain; 2007-02-21 at 01:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467

The guard takes yet another step forward slowly saying, "Yeah, sure, whatever... body's back there." He points behind Jack whom is standing next to a small office. In fact, you are all next to the office's wall as it serves as a partial one-sided hallway as you enter. The opposite side has a hip-level railing that comes out as far as the office does. Jack happens to be at the corner of the office, however, and can tell very minutely due to ambient light, that there is somewhere he can walk back there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so I know, are you all inside, or are some of you still outside?
    Last edited by HellFencer; 2007-02-21 at 03:10 PM. Reason: colors

18. - Top - End - #468

Tom

"Ah, yeah..." Tom now remembers the scene vividly, the struggle to separate them, Jack's panic, the bullet slamming into Jeff. However, Tom's memory of it was a little fuzzy, in his version it had been Ed who had been hit. Shaking his head and sighing, Tom comes to the conclusion that for two different accidents to blend into one in his mind, then something is seriously wrong.

Indicating the guard with his free hand, and keeping his voice to a whisper, Tom asks Jeff the question which had been nagging him for a while. "You think we can trust this guy? I 'aint too sure myself..."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

"I very much doubt that we can trust him. But it doesn't look like we have a choice for the moment."

20. - Top - End - #470

Skunk

Skunk narrows his eyes in the semi-darkness that envelops his head. Yer just buckin' for a shot to the gut, aren't ya?

"Jack, would you...uh...mind taking a peek over where...what did you say your name was?" He momentarily transforms his request to Jack into a question directed at the Guard, but finishes the first before the peculiar man could reply. "Back there in the office area, and give us the skinny on what we're dealin' with?"

If the guard was innocent and just odd, and especially if he were already spooked, he'd be sheet white if he knew Skunk had now reoriented his MAS M50 to aim straight at the man's uniformed crotch, and would remain doing so as long as the guard's flashlight wasn't giving away that little secret. You could be one of those more talkative zombies, maybe....

Idly, Skunk skimmed the warped convolutions of his brain trying to recall if he'd ever seen any one of those movie protagonists shoot a zombie in the nads, and if so, what the result was. Head shots are fine, but sometimes you just have to go for style points.

21. - Top - End - #471

"Me? Jamison... Officer Jamison, actually," the guard says, trying to sound authoritative. But, in the current situation, the effect of his words are mostly lost. He takes another step towards the group, easily within the tens of feet to them. A strong, bone-chilling wind whips inside the doorway, tossing everyone's hair, and nearly knocking you over. The door to the outside world, however, slams shut with such ferocity that it makes you all jump slightly. The metal on metal thud echoes into the blackened area for a moment.

22. - Top - End - #472

Skunk

Already wound up like a top, the wind was enough to give Skunk shivers borne of far more than just its chill, but the subsequent slamming of the door all but made him jump into his own arms.

In a voice more like a groan than otherwise, he whines, "Dammit! Not again!" Sighing heavily in a sort of frustrated resignation, he turns in place and steps back toward the door, necessarily lowering his gun and, for the moment, replacing it in his concealed holster. Perhaps the unsettling nature of the new situation made him forget, or the guard's rather more normal proffering of his name put him at enough ease, but he didn't seem to care much that his back was to him now.

Breaking out his exceptionally powerful pen-light once again--an item becoming as indispensible as air--he threads the short distance back to the door to test the knob. His stomach, or more precisely that key spot between the stomach and the throat where one feels heartburn the worst, was already dreading validation of his suspicion that the door had locked itself. Under his breath he chanted, No locky, no locky, no locky.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane nearly jumps out of her skin when the door slams shut. She huddles nearer Jeff and Tom.

Don't panic! Don't panic! Breathe Jane... Keep the new crazy guy talking...

"So... Officer Jamison who are the other people that were inside the store? This place isn't set to open for another few weeks if I recall correctly."

She reaches up to place a strand of hair that isn't out of place. The gesture is graceful enough but Jeff and Tom might notice, if they happen to glance at her just then, that her fingers tremble almost imperceptibly.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff

With the clang of the door slamming shut behind him, Jeff drops into a crouch again, his features feral and teeth bared. He realizes his face a second after, and relaxes, thankful for the cover of darkness and the lack of flashlights.

Clearing his throat before speaking, Jeff says into the darkness and silence "That's probably not good."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

Jack grimaces as the door swings shut, eyeing the man suspiciously.. fingering the heavy gun in his pocket, he moves slowly, cautiously, easily.. but putting his back against a wall in any case, watching the man carefully

26. - Top - End - #476

Tom

The sound Tom makes to accompany the slamming door is just that, a sound. It cannot really be described in words, more of a feral sound from primordial times. While Jeff hides his shock, Tom does little to cover up his feelings. He snarls a little, letting his teeth show, his muscles tensing across his body. "Somethin' goin on here.." he mutters under his breath, "an' I dun' like it one bit.."

27. - Top - End - #477

Skunk snakes his way between people, making note of their reactions as he slowly walks. His mind is on much more important things right now, though. His hand reaches out and grips the now chilled metal handle, to find that it is in fact, locked, or at least jammed shut. Its hard to tell which, until his penlight sweeps the middle of the door and notes a strange fold across the metal. A fold. Across a door. A two inch thick steel door.

Those whom keep their eyes stuck to the officer, note his reaction to the door shutting. Or rather, a lack of a reaction, as he merely stands and looks everyone over. "Well, the store's technically still closed, but employees are required to be here for training. Same fer me and that poor bastard I had to shoot." Jane notes the lack of compassion in his voice.

28. - Top - End - #478

Skunk

Skunk releases a barrage of expletives so loudly against the door, the resulting echoing all but entirely mangles the individual syllables involved. Of course, the vast majority of the words were single syllables, anyway, that much could be determined. In any event, it's not hard to visualize his limp mohawk flopping from side to side as he verbally rips the door a new one. Which, given the circumstances, would be useful seeing as how the merry band of misfits are now soundly trapped inside with Mr. Happy.

A loud not-metal on metal sound reverberates throughout the cavernous stockroom as, out of sheer frustration, Skunk's booted foot connects with the door.

"Aiiiiarghhh! Door's ****ed up, and we ain't going through it anytime soon!"

Everyone's favorite (and only) nearby ex-punker spins on his heels in defiance of the door's decree that they all be stuck inside. Momentarily losing balance, a quickly outstretched had finds the edge of a piece of furniture to keep him from eating floor, or wall, or something equally unpalatable. Sticking his hands out into the mostly-darkness to balance and reacquire his composure, he reaches under his leather jacket and now faces forward with mighty pen-light in one hand and pistol in the other.

Walking the few steps back to the clot of people, he says, "I'm not even going to explain it, but the door's kinda bent outta shape and it ain't gonna open." Somehow, the ordinarily preposterous statement would have everyone claiming he was on drugs (again), but the special conditioning they'd all endured over the last day or so was enough to make such concepts as believable as someone claiming they'd left their keys in the car. Shrugworthy, and nothing else.

"So, Mr. Guard man, howzabout you show us around the stockroom so we can, I dunno, maybe get the **** out of it, somehow?" His words were a mix of frustration and anger. And he did have a gun in his hand....

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane frowns and purses her lips.

He sounds like a real jerk this guy...something's definetly wrong with this picture.

"Bent? That's bad news."

Ah gun! Not again...just stay quiet Jane...maybe things will work out.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff
    "This whole day is bad news," Jeff whispers to the two people he's starting to actually trust.

A little louder, toward Skunk, Jeff raises his hands and slowly moves toward him. "Alright, we know it sucks, dude. Calm down. Don't freak out."

Hands still out in an attempt to keep Skunk from freaking out like he did in the kitchen the other night, Jeff looks over his shoulder toward Jamieson. "Okay, is there any other way out of this place?" And only after asking this, Jeff notices how well the guard seems to be taking this all... a little too well. Jeff is pushed slightly more in the direction of being convinced that this dude is part of the problem and not part of the solution.