Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 719
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    *Jack curses under his breath. He takes another look at the girl's wounds. If the blood is really pumping badly, he will attempt to suture the wound closed, assuming there is something in the medical kit he can use to do so. If there isn't he will look for something to cauterize the wounds. If the wounds are not that serious, he will just attempt to bind them.*

    Heal Check for the girl (1d20=18). Apparently Jack is a medical savant.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack does find something to suture her wounds shut, as well as a needle to thread it on. As he gets closer, he sees that removal of the glass will be necessary. As he slowly pulls them out, he finds that they are about as large as the ones he pulled out of himself not but a few minutes ago.

    He surprises himself with how well he sews the girl back up, thinking she will make a full recovery. The woman can only gape on in horror as she holds the child steady, but looks extremely relieved as he finishes. "You really are an angel, sent by God to deliver us from woe and suffering! Praise to Jesus!" she exclaims.

    As she leans down to kiss the girl's forhead, Jack sees a necklace drop out of her shirt. It is a simple silver chain with a crucifix upon it. However, the cross hangs upside down, tangled in the chain for a moment before correcting itself.

    The cell phone outside the bus grows even louder as Jack watches the crucifix dangle about. It has now rung for at least a full minute or two without stopping.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    (( Sorry 'bout not posting yet, had a real busy coupla days and it just slipped my mind. On the plus side I now have a nice new wallet, after about five or six years of abuse the old one was ready to die long, long ago :D ))

    Suddenly the Ed hears the ringtone on his phone going off and judging by how loud it was it'd been going for awhile now. Must be pretty shaken by the crash if I hadn't heard it till now. Still gotta call the ambo's though.

    With that thought he makes his way towards were his phone is and telling that it's outside he kicks out the remaining glass in a window a quickly goes to pick it up. Pressing the answer button he put's the phone up to his ear "He-hello, who is it?"
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack stands up and stretches, breathing a sigh of relief as he finishes suturing the girl's wounds closed. he pockets the broken glass, not wanting anyone to step on it*

    Damnation, but that was close. If I ever see old Doc again, I'm buyin the rounds. Seems like a nice lady. Little high on Jesus, but I guess you could do worse. Just hope everything works out all right for her and the girl... man.. that upside down cross really messed with my head..

    *Jack shakes his head, then looks around. He looks out the window, trying to spot the cell-phone*

    Well, I can't begin to guess at His plans, but I just have to do what I can. In any case.. someone really wants to get through.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As Ed's hand reaches for the phone, the sounds of the ringtone seem to flow together into a sort of ping sound. Its almost as if time slows down and the sounds blend into one horribly long note. Ed feels as if he will never reach the phone. When he finally does, the sound reverberates through his mind for a moment as he hits the answer and hears only slight static.

    As he is about to hang up the phone, he hears a sound. And then another, and then a few and they get louder each time. After about five or so sounds, he can tell it is the sound of a person laughing.

    "heh heh......hehehe.....heh heh heh hehe....hahahaha.....hahahahahahaha..heeeeehahahaa aa... Hahahaaaaa... Hahaha Haaa.. Heh Heh Heh... HA HA HA...HAHAHAHA...HAHAHAHAHAH AAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA......"

    It slowly degrades into nothing more than a hysterical maniac on the other end of the voice, however the laughter send a chill striaight down Ed's spine. He can't let go of the phone, as much as he wants to. He can't even speak back. Finally the laughing subsides and is immediately followed by a whispering voice and echoes in Ed's mind. It feels as if his ear is being tickled by breath, it is so real...

    "join....us...."

    After that, the phone starts beeping as if a call was lost and Ed is in control of his movements once more.

    As all this is going on, the woman says to Jack, "You shouldn't be so modest. There is a plan for all of us, in the grand design. We were meant to meet like this." She actually smiles a little at this point, and Jack can tell that the girl is in less pain as before. In a bout of mad luck, the girl actually shakes her head a little; her eyes fluttering open.

    "....M...mommy?"

    (Ed needs a will save :))

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Will Save:1d20+1=5

    (( Well I don't think that this is going to turn out well, no I don't think that this is going to turn out well at all . . . ))

    (( Also it just had to be my bad saving throw didn't it ::) ))
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As the voice drops away from the phone, there are images of death implanted into his mind. Corpses piled into massive hills, blood drenching everything, skeletons stretching out to claw at him. Then darkness. He hears the sound of chopping. It is a fleshy sound, like that of an axe hitting a wet log..or sinking into thick mud and hitting a lump. In fact, as the image lights up, he can see it is an axe chopping a human. The view pans around and it shows Ed holding the axe, going at the body as if driven by it. His face holds a distinct grin.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff will feel for the old lady's pulse, and check her for any wounds or obvious injuries. While he's doing this, he'll shout out to the other passengers "Did anyone ever call an amublance?"

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Tom stand patiently with the phone to his ear and when some-one finally does pick it up he is about to talk when the fact that it is a robot gets through his brain. *"Damn it! *What damn thing we pay damn taxes for damn it if there aint even no man to answer me call when someone need help damn it..." With his little rant over he puts the phone back inside his pocket.

    That damn ringing better stop soon... he thinks to himself as he leans on the nearest wall and watches Jack work to save the child. *"Wonder if he a doctor..." Tom mutters as he rubs his back, "not good to have no damn injury before no fight.."

    As Tom leans on the wall the young man gets up, kicks a window in and pulls his inanely ringing phone out. *Tom watches him, unable to hear the laughter on the other side. *Wonder why he aint sayin' nothin'. is the thought that crosses Tom's mind, but the words that come out are "you all right kid?"

    At Jeff's comment Tom answers him. *"Yeah, I rung the ambulance, but he aint comin'. *There aint no man to answer me call."

    ((Stupid laws of physics, I knew that))

    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    ((Just so you know, the bus is upside down, meaning you can't sit on anything except the metal cieling, covered in broken glass.))

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    "Well, this lady is having a seizure, and I was too scared to check that kid," he says, pointing to the kid who was wearing the blaring iPod.

    Jeff swallows hard, and glances back up in the driver's direction. "Maybe someone should go twist the handle thingie to open the door. I can't imagine it's doing any of us any good to sit in the glass."

    Jeff coughs, still tasting his own vomit, "Or at least, we could check on the poor souls in the car in front of us."

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Its right about at this point, that all of those conscious can start to smell something strange in the air. At first, it smells sickly sweet, and deathly familiar, but you can't put your finger on it. A few seconds go by and then it hits you hard in the face like a brick; you can smell gasoline, and not just a little. You can get away from it. You can't hear it leaking, as the rain is still pounding away outside into the street.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    "Your right.. we should check on that car, but..." Tom stops as he smells something and sniffs the air a few times to figure out what it is. "Ya know.. that smells like.. GAS!" The last word is a frantic yell as Tom realises what it is he can smell. "We gotta get outta here.." Tom says as he begins smashing at the emergency door behind him to try and open it.

    ((Strength check to open door. (1d20+1=16)))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Try as he might, Tom is not able to bash the door open. At best, he makes a dent in it. Breaking the glass would prove foolish, as there is black criss-crossing metal inside the window for added protection. Tom does realize that several of the windows have been broken out, and with a little time, could be cleared of excess shards.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff will take off his heavy jacket (it is raining, after all) and use it to protect his hands as he knocks the glass out of the edge of a frame. He'll shout to the medic guy, "Start helping the lady and her daughter out, okay?"
    He'll then turn around, and shout to the big guy pounding on the door, "Can you grab this old lady?"
    Jeff will do his best not to do more damage to the unconsious kid with the earphones, and drag him out the window after everyone else.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Tom stands pounding on the door but it does no good. He's about to lose hope when he sees the windows that are already broken and an idea forms in his mind. Hes about to go over there and knock the glass out of the frame when the young man gets to it first.

    "Right.." he says after being told to pick up the old women, "but 'urry up with that there window" Leaving the boy to knock the glass out of the frame he steps up to the old women and trys to pick her up.
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *The smell of gasoline triggers a flood of images in Jack's mind.. burning, deathpainscreaming... he finds himself breathing hard, bent over a little hands clenched into whiteknuckled fists, teeth gritted. Then he stands, straightening up*

    Damn.. get ahold of yourself. This is NOT the time.


    All right, folks. We need to get out of here, now. Get the glass out of the biggest windows you can, front windshield preferably. is there anything long and flat that we can use as a stretcher for the girl?

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    ((I was under the impression that the front of the bus was still entangled with the car that we smashed into. If that's not the case... well... I'll still knock out the side windows. I've already seen the dead driver, and it gives me heaves.))

    After Jeff is finished clearing the glass from the frame, he'll toss his jacket to the medic guy, and say "Use this- we just need to drag her outside."

    Once the glass is clear, and he's passed off his jacket, Jeff will move over to the kid with the headphones and slowly and gently roll him over onto his back. If there are no obvious wounds, he'll try to check the kids pulse (his hands are shaking).

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As Tom attempts to pick up the old woman, he finds no problem doing so, except that she seems rather awkward for such a small person. He drags her out of the bus carefully, not doing more harm than good.

    Jeff has no problem clearing out the rest of the glass, minus a few new scratches to his coat. He tries to check for a pulse, but is worried about getting the hell out of the bus and has some toruble finding it.

    Jack shakes his mind and finally gets a grip on reality. Or so he thinks. He knows its not real, and yet can hear the gunfire of automatic weaponry, the screams of people burning to death in fire choking on their own ashes. It is enough to drive him mad, save for the coat that hits his leg. If done slowly, the coat would suffice, in Jack's opinion.

    As you are now moving around more, and breathing a bit heavier from panic setting in, you are getting a little bit tipsy from the fumes. Not enough to effect your movements, but you are growing slightly numb on your extremities and lightly dizzy.

    (Jeff: heal check baby, with a -2. Everyone can attempt a Will save at a -2 to calm themself down; if not, you are shaken until you are out and away from the bus for awhile.)

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Heal Check: (1d20+1=21)
    Will Save (to calm down): (1d20+1=9)

    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=558455

    Once people are moving, I'll start to get jittery. I mean, this bus could go up at any moment. And there's no telling when help will arrive.

    I'll gulp some air and try to take the kid's pulse again. I just have to focus. I did have to do CPR that time Johnny got hit by a riptide. This isn't any different.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    His hand shaking slightly as the images leave his mind and he hears the voice on the phone whispering to him softly "join....us...." and then . . . nothing. The call connection was lost. Lowering his still shaking hand Ed looked at the phone in his hand, lights soft illuminating it. What the f#&k was that ****. Jesus that crash must've been much worse than I thought, I really . . . and suddenly Ed's thoughts are cut short by a cry that pierces through the haze of his mind "GAS!".

    Looking back towards to the bus he see's everyone concious in there scrambling to get everyone else out and even outside the bus he smells the distinct whiff of petrol in the air. Snapping the cover of the phone shut he quickly goes back to the bus window and see's some guy asking for a stretcher for a girl. "Man forget a stretcher we haven't got time for that, just pick her up and pass her out to me out the window quickly before the petrol finds some flames!"
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    "Calm down Tom.. you out now Tom.. you be fine Tom.." Tom mutters as he bounces from foot to foot. *It seems to be that hes fighting an invisible foe, Tom was doing the one thing he is most used to to calm him down, his boxing. *"Might still get to fight on time Tom..." he mutters, seemigly oblivious to whats happening around him.

    ((Will save to regain cool (1d20-2=6)))

    ((This is assuming im outside the bus and not inside, will edit in the morning if not))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    (Will save on bus (1d20=7) -2 = 5)

    *Jack is unable to get the death-screams out of his head, or purge the stench of burning flesh from his nostrils. He looks down at the little girl again, though, and can't bear the thought of hurting her. He takes off his coat, and gently places the girl on it, motioning the nearest calm person over to help him carry her, being as careful as possible not to jostle her in any way, while still moving with as much haste as possible.*

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff steadies his hand for a moment long enough to find a pulse in the boy. It is strong and healthy, as the boy appears to be. However, panic is beginning to set it more rapidly, as his heart starts to beat as though he was running. hsi vision starts to become blurry on the edges and he feels a little more dizzy.

    Unfortunately for Tom, all his mind can focus on, is the crash, the squealing of tires, the sounds of metal crunching, and the thought that he, or anyone else, could die in an explosion. Thoughts of his best fights race through his mind. He tries to run through scenarios in his mind to calm him, but all it does is get his heart racing.

    As Jack desperately tugs at the girl wrapped in his coat, the woman helps with the other end. As they get her to the window, Ed outside helps pull her out. When he gets outside, he looks around, somewhat wearily as if a chopper is about to fly over but shakes it off.

    Watching everyone but himself get out of the bus, Jeff starts to worry even more.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Okay, you're really starting to freak out, Jeff- take deep breaths... wait... there's a gas leak. Just do tai chi or some **** later- grab this kid and pull him out into the rain. Maybe he'll wake up, and everything will be cool...

    Jeff is starting to panic, his breath coming in short gasps. As everyone leaves him behind in the bus, he starts to have throughts of hollywood blockbuster explosions, and his firey death. Jeff will make sure he has his backpack wit him, and then he'll pull the kid with the headphones out of the window, and into the rain.

    Now that he's in (slightly) cleaner air, he'll start breathing heavily and trying to calm himself down while he drags the kid further from the bus. Once he's out, he'll look around and ask "Is that it? Did we get everyone alive out of the bus?"

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    So then I dodged to the left, jabbed to the right and he hit me with a bus. GAHH!. Tom's thoughts are interrupted by the memory of the accident and he is dismayed to realise he is still there. "Just gotta calm down.. breath deep, all the crap.." are barely audible as Tom mutters to himself as his previous attemps at calming down had failed.

    "Yeah, hes right, we all all right, right? No one on bus still, right?" His voice sounds hopeful, no way I gonna go back in there
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As you all stand in the rain, chest heaving for real air, the cold chilling through all your clothing, you feel...sad for some reason. Its a strange sensation, seeing the wreckage of the bus. It feels like a part of the journey has died...and the sky is crying to see it end. You all see soem sort of flickering light from the front of the bus, but can't tell where its coming from.

    As you are all standing safely away from the bus, there is a feeling deep in your gut that something is watching you. Something...not right. The hair on the back of your neck stands on end, followed by your arms, and finally running down your legs.

    Off down the road, you hear a loud crash of metal against the street. As you snap your heads to look, you see a second one tip over and smash into the street. And a third bashes into the concrete, sending sparks into the air. It occurs to you that they are falling over in your direction, and speeding up. By now, the nearest one has fallen down a half a block away from you.

    As they "fall at you," the sense of fear, panic, and...evil...heightens in your mind, making it feel as if you should flee for your very life.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    "What in the?... Run!!" are the only words Tom manages to get out before hes turning around and running away. He stops to grab the old women and slings her over his shoulder. He pumps the powerful muscles in his legs as fast as he can as he runs in the opposite direction to the lights and attempts to look for anything to take cover in, but in the panic he is under he doesn't do a very good job of it.

    ((Search check to find somthing to hide in (1d20+1=4)))

    ((Dont count on me to find any cover, or to run very fast carrying the women))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff sees that something bad is going to happen. Something very bad.

    He'll drag the kid at as close to a run as he can manage, to the closest building, (one with a not-so-sturdy door) and try to kick it in.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Hackles rising, Jack snarls, his face a blank mask. He quickly scoops up the girl in both arms, running towards the closest building, following the overs for now, muttering to himself*

    Cover, damnit.. gotta get to cover..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •