Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 719
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Is there a gun store, hardware store, pawn shop, or some place that would have weapons nearby? I'd rather have a chainsaw than a .38, but either will work in a pinch.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As you all begin to run off opposite of the falling poles, the poles start falling faster and faster. Tom hefts the old woman onto his shoulder and starts running, followed by Jack with a girl in his arms. The girl look up at Jack, then shifts a little and looks over his shoulder.

    The next thing Jack hears is the high pitched squeal of a small girl. The sound is absolutely horrific as she cries out for dear life. Her mother is running right behind Jack, trying to keep up. Ed runs past the both of them, his eyes searching for someplace safe. He spots a certain building and runs to it across an open parking lot. The others recognize the lettering across the front that say "American Legion".

    Jeff brings up the rear, draggin the teenager as fast as he can. His hair bristles along his body, and everything tenses up. It feels as though his heart will jump out of his throat, he is so panicked.

    Ed gets to the door of the place and tries to turn the knob, but to no avail. He bangs with his fist, then turns to kicking, but all proves for naught.

    The evil feeling is getting closer and closer...

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    I'll drop the teenager once I get to the door, and help hit it with my shoulder. "Give the kid to her mom and help, dammit!" I shout at the medic guy.

    Apparently the girl is feeling better, because she has one hell of a set of pipes!

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    (Include a strength check in your post if you are trying to force the door.)

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    After his stout kick on the door frame didn't work Ed took a few quick steps backwards and breathing in deeply he turned his shoulder towards the door and charged towards it, trying to put every ounce of strength he had into his shoulder. Please god let this work, I dont want to find out what's back there, not after that phone call, not after the phone call.

    Strength Check: 1d20+1=14 plus Action Point:1d6=4 for a total result of 18.
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *If the door doesn't bust on Ed's attempt, Jack will draw his pistol and try to blow the lock off.*
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Ed's shoulder rams hard into the door, and through the fear, you can all hear a loud crackling of wood. Ed nearly tumbles over as the door flies open. He is standing inside of a small hallway that leads into a large open room. It looks mildly defendable, but definitely better than staying on the street.

    The falling lamp posts are nearly on top of the group and the primal terror is climaxing within your minds. The little girl stops screaming and seems to have passed out once more. Now, it is the girl's mother whom is screaming her head off, as she tries to shove Jack inside the building.

    Inside, the building smells of disuse, but is otherwise in decent condition. It is, however, extremely dark inside, save for the moonlight shining through the doorway, making Ed's shadow appear slightly strange. He hardly has time to ponder it though.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Tom carries on running with with the old woman over his shoulder when he hears the sound of splintering wood in place of the falling lamp-posts he had gotten used to.

    Skidding to a halt he turns around to see Ed entering through the door and Jack beind 'helped' through by the young girls mum.

    He rushes over to the door, "C'mon, hurry up!" and gets inside as soon as there is an opening.
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff gets there too late to help push open the door, but he grabs the kid by his collar, and drags him in as he pushes the lady holding her daughter through the door.

    He is terrified, and his only thought is getting away, but at the same time, he doesn't want to leave these people to it. How weird is that? His breath is coming in pants, his eyes a little glazed, and his adrenaline rushing.

    "Come-on-hurry-we-got-to-get-inside!"

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Ed is pushed into the interior of the building, quickly followed by Jack and the little girl's mother. Tom jumps inside and sets the old woman down, heaving for air. Last but not least, Jeff gets inside, tugging the kid by the collar. As he is desperately pulling the teen inside, he sees the poles falling within twenty feet of him....then ten feet....

    Jeff stands and, being the last person inside, throws the door shut. It opens inward, so he rests his back against it as it shuts. Just as the door shuts, there is a loud thumping from the other side. It is strong enough to push the door back open several inches, then gives way to Jeff's weight making the door shut again. This goes back and forth for about thirty seconds. After that point, the pounding stops, Jeff suddenly stops yelling, and the inherent sense of evil calms down.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff shakes himself... suddenly realizing that the voice screaming was his own. He sits down, out of breath, and suddenly not terrified, as the evil leaves.

    He looks around the near-total darkness of the room, and sighs. Without giving up his spot by the door, he arranges the unconscious kid to sit next to him, as kind of a temporary doorstop, and takes the iPod out of his pocket. He thumbs it on, hoping to find some music to calm him down. If nothing else, the little light will be nice.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Most of what Jeff finds is rock music, most of which is popular on a rock station right now. However, there is nothing that one could consider calming. The slower slongs are better than the faster ones in terms of calming down, but overall, it is a moot point.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    With nothing worth listening to on the iPod, Jeff will look around at the other crash survivors.

    One by one, he's going to look them over, and when he's done, he'll speak up and introduce himself.

    "Uhhh... okay, everyone. I'm Jeff. I'm from California."

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Standing in the middle of the room rubbing his aching shoulder Ed walks over towards one of the walls and pressing his back against it he slowly sinks to the floor, sitting down with his legs splayed out. As the man by the door attempts to introduce himself Ed glances towards him and letting out his breath in a sigh he reaches into his pocket and brings out his mobile phone. Quickly punching in a few numbers he presses the dial button and waits for the person on the other end of the phone to pick up.
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack nods to Jeff, and shakes his hand with a firm grip*

    Jack Goodwell. Pleased ta meet ya, Jeff. Shame things couldn't be more.. friendly-like.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Inside the room was a lot better than outside it in Tom's eye and he sighs with relief. " 'Ello, the names Tom. Ya might a seen me box.. if you inta that sorta thing.." He then looks around the others expectantly, one of 'em must of seen me...
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As introductions are being made, the woman walks in front of Jack, and takes the girl from him. They walk around to where the bathroom is, and go inside. Everyone can hear the sharp click of the lock.

    Looking around, the room is rather...quaint. There are several american flags on poles, clearly oversized. In fact, they look as if it could mostly wrap up an adult. There is a Podium in the other end of the room and most of the carpet is flattened down from years of use.

    As Ed let's the phone ring, several rings go by, when a frantic woman on the other end picks up. "Ed, is that you?....Ed....I'm so scared.....Ed, please help me....." she says. Its obvious the person he was tyring to reach, however, her voice is very shakey and distant.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Hearing the panic in her voice Ed's hand tightens around the phone and he starts to break out in a cold sweat. Breathing in deeply to try to calm himself he answers the voice on the other end of the line, fear still colouring his voice "Sal don't worry baby, it's Ed, I'm here. What's wrong over there Sal, did you hurt yourself or did something bad happen? What is it?"
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    The girl's voice on the other end of the phone seems to calm a little. However, she still seems plently scared. "Ed...there are things outside my apartment....I don't know what they are....I just--," she says, getting cut off. Ed hears a loud thump in the background and another girl's voice screaming, "Sally, get off the phone!! HELP ME WITH THE DOOR!" Ed hears the phone drop to the ground and pounding on the door.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack stares for awhile at Old Glory, lost in thought.. this whole place reminds him of dad, of the second Great War, where men became heroes.. why couldn't it have been like that for him? But no.. now is not the time. It looks like war is here again. Any maybe this time, there will be a place for him*

    All right, folks. I think we all know by now that something is seriously FUBAR. I think we have two options here: Barricade ourselves here and wait for rescue, or try to break out as soon as possible. Personally, I reccomend breaking out. Why? This place just ain't defensible. There's no weaponry, no food, no nothin. We get trapped in here more than a few days, we're goners. Even faster if the water gets cut off. As soon as we can, we need to make a break for it.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    "Run from what? Fallin' lamp posts and crashin' buses? I get what you sayin' though, this don't seem the most secure of all places.. and all that stuff which just happens is a wee bit.. coincidental?.. Yeah thats the word.."

    Tom grins sheepishly and fumbles around under his jacket. The hand comes out holding the handle of a gun.

    "Your right about the food.. but wrong about the weapons. You never know when you'll need it, right?"
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    With all the talk of 'defensible' and weapons, Jeff just shakes his head. "Well, we could always go out in groups and check on that 7-11 about twenty feet from here. Those falling lampposts passed right by it, and they'll have food and drinks... maybe a gun under the counter, too."

    After he says this though, he'll ask "Hey, where did the mom and daughter go?"

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    Coincidence my $@#. You all FELT whatever that was. I learned to trust my instincts a long time ago, and they were telling me someTHING was out there. Not someone. SomeTHING. yeah, I've got a piece on me too, but no heavy artillery. The 7-11's no good. It'd be fine to raid for supplied, but it's got those huge windows in the front. They'll get shattered in a moment, and I doubt we'll be able to patch them up very well. Look, you folks might think I'm crazy, but let me tell you a little secret: I did five years behind the Bamboo Curtain during the Cold War, and after. I learned a few things. Like what it feels like to be hunted. And that's how I felt out there tonight. And what I'm telling you is that if we don't get somewhere with plenty of hardware, stock up on supplies, and get our heads down, we are going to be regretting it....

    *At Jeff's words, Jack looks around concernedly*

    Damn good question.. I think she went into the bathroom.. but she's been in there a while.

    *Jack moves over and knocks on the door*

    Ma'am? You and your girl all right in there?
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    There is a short yelp from the woman, then a sigh. "Oh..yes, we're fine thank you. If we could just have another minute?" she says, practically pleading with Jack.

    The old woman shifts around and shakes her head a little. She opens her eyes slowly and looks around, very confused. "Oh my...where are we? I was on my way to see my son, but this isn't the bus at all...." She groans a little as she tries to get up, and holds a hand on her low back. She gives up and stays leaned against the wall.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff will gesture to her, but stay holding the door with his back. "Careful, lady- we were in a pretty bad bus wreck, and everyone here got hurt. We dragged you in here for saftey."

    Looking around the room at whatever is in here, I'll speak up and say "Hey Jack, Tom- is there anyway you guys could bring those flag poles or anything else you can find so we can brace this door? I'm tired of sitting against it, and we need to figure out what's in this place."

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    At Jack's answer to Toms statement he replies "No, no, I meant that it was like too coincidental.. ya know? That summet caused it.. Yeah, that what I meant.."

    Tom stands up as Jeff asks for the flag and grunts his acknowledgement. "I'll try to find something better..." he says as he scans the room for anything that could be used as a barricade.

    ((Search check for barricade items (1d20+1=12)))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    The old lady looks over at Jeff with a blank look and continues to rub her temple. She appears to be very confused aobut what is going on. "Where is my son? Have any of you seen him? He's such a nice boy..."

    Tom glances about the room and takes note of four flagpoles, a five foot tall podium, and a folding table that is six foot across.

    ((I will get a picture of the room up on monday))

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack sighs and shakes his head*

    All right, let's get this place barricaded up for now. But I still say we need to get out of here, at first light, preferably.

    *So saying, Jack examines the windows of he room, meanwhile moving the poidum infront of the door, getting help if it's too heavy*
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Letting his hand that held his phone drop to the ground as Sally went away from the phone Ed looked at it, quietly contemplating what he had to do. She needs help, that's obvious. To help her I'll have to go back outside though, with whatever the hells out there and her place isn't real close-by. But maybe on of this lot will know how to...

    Having made his decision Ed lifts his gaze from the floor and stands back up, slipping his phone into his pocket as he goes. Looking across the room he looks towards the three other guys there "Before you barricade this place up, if that's what you're doing, I'm going. My girlfriend needs my help and I have to get to her now, if any of you knows how to hotwire a car that would help me get there fast but if not then so be it."
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As Jack tips the podium, he realizes that its not made of anything real sturdy, as he can easily move it by himself. However, when he gets to the door, there is still an unconscious teenage boy and Jeff both sitting against the door.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •