Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 719
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Tom shifts his weight as Ed says that he needs to get out and stands up to help him.

    "I dunno nothing bout no hot-wiring.. but if something is really happening around here... then you gonna need some 'elp."

    Tom sighs before carrying on with "an if you really goin out there.. then im gonna come with you.."

    Besides.. if theres something out there, i'd rather not sit and wait for it
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    "Yeah, my wife is out there too- but she's across the country in California, so there's not much I can do about her. We need to check the news and see if there's anything on there about this. You can help her more by looking for a TV in this place."

    If someone brings a flagpole over, I'll break it in half and shove it through both sides of the door handles. Then I'll tip the podium and wedge it under the door handles as well.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Through the combined efforts of Jack and Jeff, the podium is securely wedged in front of the door, keeping it shut. Tom and Ed then both agree to go outside, however, there is now a podium neatly holding the door shut, disallowing access. This leaves a dillema; two want to stay, two want to leave...


    ((I'm posting a map of this place in the OOC thread))

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack coughs*

    I know a little something about enginges and vehicles. I might be able to get something running, if It's not one of the new jobs all done up by computers. Anyway, I say we get out of here and find somewhere with some firepower.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    "Are you kidding me? You did see the giant invisible evil thing following us, right? Knocking down telephone poles and all that? It apparently didn't break down the doors, because I was able to hold them, but I don't want to go back out there. If we could find a TV or something, and figure out what's going on, that would be better."

    Jeff's actions, like his words, hope to prevent the others from leaving. He moves between them and the podium/door, hoping to convince them to stay.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    "Look, mate, I know exactly what your saying. *But look at it another way, the 'evil invisible thing' managed to knock down them there lamp-posts. *Jack 'ere managed to move that podium with just a bit of 'elp fromyou. *You really think that something strong enough to knock down a lamp-post 'aint big enough to knock open that there door? *Well I dont wanna wait around and fight out.. and im sure if you think about it you don't either.."

    He starts to move to the door before saying "anyways, you heard the lad, his girl needs 'elp.."
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff will put his hands up, gesturing for them to slow down.

    "Yeah, but if she's in trouble, police are already on thier way- they're probably on thier way here too, and we're not going to make things better by stealing a car and driving cross town."

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack laughs at Jeff's comment*

    Police? oh, I doubt it. Something is going wrong in a lot of places, I think. Did you hear our friend's cell phone conversation? something's going wrong with his girl, too. I'd bet the crap's hitting the fan all over the city. The police have bigger butts to save than ours, friend. In the end, it's always just you and your friends against whatever's out there. And like our big friend here said.. anything that can knock down lamposts just because they're in the way is gonna have no problem with this door. We need some place a lot safer, hopefully involving a lot of steel.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    As the three of you are going back and forth about leaving or not leaving, Ed stands up and says "Alright look, I don't know what's going on, nor do I pretend to, but my girlfriend is out there and needs my help! And DAMMIT I'm going out there! Now move!" He clicks his phone shut as he moves towards Jeff, and slides it into his pocket. He tries to move past Jeff and tug on the podium to unblock the door.

    The sound of a door unlocking and opening is heard over by the bathroom as the woman and her daughter both walk out. Its obvious they've both been crying, as the woman's mascara has run and the girl's eyes are red and slightly puffy. They walk over, hand in hand, to Jack. The woman says, [color="blue"]Thank you so much. Without you, I don't know what would've...[/color] she says, almost crying once more. She stops herself, swallows, and continues talking. "I don't even know your name...I'm Melissa, and this is Suzie."

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    "Where we goin' then? Where does ya girlfriend live kid, that call sounded urgent, like we need to go there soon. Right?..."

    Sounded damn urgent thats what it sounded...

    "And where ever we goin to.. lets not take the bus.."
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack nods in agreement with the big boxer*

    Tom's right. We need to get going soon. Something's really, really not right.. it's like being hunted, all over again.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff shakes his head, all too aware that he's losing the argument against leaving. He backs up and rests against the podium, his body still between those who want to leave and the doorway.

    "Yeah, but what happens to these people when you leave? Are you planning to take Suzie along with you? What about the old lady? What about this unconscious kid? They'll slow you down, and if this thing really is as fearsome as you think, then you're leaving them for dead if you leave."

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    *Jack gives the woman and her daughter a small smile*

    Name's Jack Goodwell, ma'am. And i'm just pleased to help

    *He then turns back to Jeff*

    we'll all go together. Splitting up is just about the dumbest thing to do in this sort of situation. Now look, son, i'm telling you, we do NOT want to wait around in herel like rats in a trap for whatever is out there. We need to get somewhere that's really safe. This place doesn't look like it would stand up to a good windstorm, let alone whatever *it* was.



  14. - Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Eyeing Jeff critically Ed makes a step towards him, slight anger showing in his eyes. As he does so he points his finger to Jeff's chest sharply "Like he said they can come with us, if anything is out there than they're better off not stuck in this place. Once we go get my girlfriend and her flatmate we can find somewhere better to go if something's happening." Turning his head towards Tom he answers him "Sally and *insert DM chosen name here* are only about two miles from here, only thirty minutes walking and alot less whichever way I end up going."
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Melissa smiles, saying "Jack..." under her breath. Just as she starts to say something else, the old woman starts moaning loudly. She moans as if being woken up, but soon the moaning turns into wailing and eventually screaming.

    Before anyone has a chance to walk up to the woman, the window near the bathroom, just over the large table, is shattered, sending glass into the building. Instantly, an overwhelming feeling of dread overcomes you as the utter sense of evil emanates just in front of you all. The old woman screams and howls, trying to move, but it unable, whether out of fear or pain you can't tell.

    And when the woman's screaming reaches its appex, you feel the evil overtake her and writhe inside of her before disappearing.

    The entire ordeal is over in a few seconds, giving no one time to intervene...how they'd intervene is still in the air though...

    The woman slowly looks up at you all, licking her lips. She takes her time watching each of you in turn. Once satisfied with that, she stands up as if there were nothing wrong with her. "Alright, dearies, let's get out of this hellhole, alright?" she says sweetly.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Tom was walking over to the door when the old woman began her display. What the hells hapnin' to her.. he thinks and begins to walk over to her when the window shatters, stopping him in his tracks. He brings his arms up over his face to protect himself from the glass when the feeling washes over him.

    "Oh dear god.. What the hell is that!?"

    He starts to feel ill when the horrible feeling washes past him and into the old woman. He felt a mixed feeling of happiness, that it was gone from him, and dread for the old woman at the same time. The dread part increases when the woman stands up and speaks to them all.

    Something aint right 'ere.. but what is it?.. "Mam.. I suggest you tell us what the hell just happened to you.." he says while reaching under his jacket to get his gun. Its okay Tom.. if something is in her.. then you just have to get it out..
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack snarls and reaches inside his coat, pulling out the heavy Ruger revolver and taking aim at the old woman*

    All right, whatever the hell you are. I hope you have a damn good explaination for whatever just happened. Something is seriously FUBAR here, and I want some @!#$@$% answers right now.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff will throw his hands up, "Whoa! Whoa! Easy there, Jumpy McShoot-a-lot! She's just an old lady!"

    That being said, I'll move over to her and ask her in a low voice how she's doing- she was talking about her son earlier, so I'll try and figure out if she's the same person as before.
    "Are you alright? I know you've just been through something traumatic, but we need to make sure you're okay. Can you remember your name? Or where you were headed?"

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack growls, his nerves dancing the razor's edge as he keeps his aim trained on the old lady, trying to keep her in his sights despite Jeff's interference*

    Jeff, if I were Catholic, I would be callin' what we just saw a demonic possession. Now i'm not, but we all just felt something... evil. Now I reccomend you step away from the woman, because every instinct in my head is screaming at me to shoot right NOW. I'm being polite, on account of the unusual circumstances, but you do not want to be over there right now. Something is very, very wrong here.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Between the crazy guy who wants to kill people like the world is suddenly lawless, and the crazy old lady who is probably posessed, that doesn't sound like bad advice.

    Jeff moves out of the way, back toward the blockaded door.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    The old woman, as kind and sweet as they get, slowly walks towards Jeff as she says, "Well of course I know my name, silly goose. I'm Barbara, and I was on my way to visit my son Patrick. I don't remember how I got here, but I must say I am quite ready to leave. Are we going soon?" She holds a sweet smile the entire time, and seems to be telling the truth.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Hairs all over his body standing on end from the feeling of evil flowing throughout the building before Ed looks briefly at the old lady with eyes opened wide with shock and fear at what might have happened to her. Is something like this why Sal was so frightened? I have to get there now then...right now.

    After a moment's hesitation looking at the old lady a bit longer Ed turns his attention to the door, quickly moving towards it and starting to drag the podium out of the doorway.
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Tom's hand comes back out from under his jacker, but not holding the gun. Jack there has this under control.. I'll go help the lad with the door..

    This thought in mind he steps over to the podium Ed is trying to tip and puts his bulk behind it and tries to help him with it.

    ((Sorry about not posting earlier, but the only think I could think of would have been to shoot the old woman, and im sure we don't want that ::) ))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack grits his teeth, sweat beading on his brow as he considers his options. His mind is in that strange, cold place that it always went during combat, the strange, buried lizard-brain underneath all the fleshy mammalian feelings, the part of the brain cooly calculating the optimal chances for survival and how to achieve them*

    I know I should just put a bullet in her head now.. but that wouldn't work, no. They would disapprove.. they don't believe, because they don't want to. Best to wait, I guess.. but if she makes one false move...

    *Keeping the gun trained on the woman, Jack speaks in a calm, controlled voice*

    All right, let's all get out of here.. ma'am. I want you to stay in front of me and not make any sudden moves. I don't like this one little bit.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jeff moves aside as the other guys push the podium out of the way. After they move around for a moment, he'll take the unconscious kid and drag him out of the doorway, freeing up more room.

    His eyes go wide with shock at Jack's words. "Dude, I know we've been through some freaky stuff tonight, but you're threatening an old lady?" He steps between her and Jack, and puts a comforting arm around the old woman, and says "Here, have a seat over here, and we'll figure out some transportation," as he leads her to sit next to the unconscious teenager.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HellFencer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Phobos, Mars orbit
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    The old lady doesn't even seem fazed by the gun pointed directly at her head, as she walks up close to the two men trying to heave the podium back up. In fact, she almost looks....happy. To Jack, there is a strange, slight grin on the edges of her mouth, and when he looks away for a second, or blinks, it seems as though her eyes stare directly at him, but when he looks at her, she is clearly watching the men pull the podium up.

    At this point, the woman pulls her daughter behind her and steps back away from Jack. Her face is that of shock, and near disgust as she reaches the table at the side of the room. "What are you doing Jack!? Put the gun away! You were supposed to be an angel! But now I see that you were just a devil in desguise..." She makes a break for the double doors, slamming her shoulders into them. They fly open with ease, and a glimpse of a kitchen is seen before the doors swivel a few times before shutting all the way again.

    [Ed and Tom, strength checks. Tom is aiding Ed's roll.]

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Logain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    "Holy crap. That's not going to go well."

    Jeff will bolt after them into the kitchen, trying to stop them from leaving.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GazMania's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Tom

    Tom was busy straining at the podium to see the woman bolt out of the door, never mind caring about it. He was still aching from the bus accident earlier so couldn't put as much force into it than he usually would.

    ((Strength check to move podium (1d20+1=3)))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The other side of the sky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Jack Goodwell

    *Jack mutters a curse under his breath, torn between running after the woman and child and keeping his eyes on the old woman. The decision is made easier when Jeff runs after her. Despite his youth, the kids seems to have a good head and a good heart. Jack continues to watch the old woman, sure that she's planning something, but not willing to make any fatal decisions based on a hunch alone, however poweful.*

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

    Heaving at the podium to make it move Ed thinks again of Sally and what trouble she may be in, his determination to get to her giving him newfound strength in getting this obstacle to his goal out of the way.

    Strength Check:1d20+1=19
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •