New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World

Edward 'Ed' Kaitler

Fortidude Save:1d20+2=14 [Also Hitpoints are at -1]

Slowly stumbling even further backwards from the old lady Ed brings his hand up from his chest to in front of his face and see's from the lightning flashes that his hand which felt slick and wet in the darkness is bright red from where he just touched his chest.

It's...blood...it's...my...blood.....but.....why?

Gasping as another coughing fit enveloped his body Ed slowly rocked forwards and backwards on his teetering legs before bit by tiny agonizingly slow bit he fell backwards onto the floor of the room. With his vision going darker by the second he saw his phone had fallen out of his pocket as he fell and remembered where he was supposed to be going right now "Sally...I'm...sorry..."
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff will bolt across the room, pushing the old lady out of his way, dropping his pen-light in the process. It's spins around on the ground, illuminating the room like a horrid game of spin the bottle, finally ending up on Jeff, as he lays Ed down on his back. Jeff rips his soaked and dirty shirt, and probes a finger deep in the wound, trying to figure out how bad it is.

He'll spend the next three rounds stabilizing Ed.
    (Heal Check)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=592135

Or... maybe not.

He'll put his face close to Ed's and say "Dude, you're lucky- I think it broke one of your ribs, and even though you're coughing up blood, you're going to be okay. But we still need to get you to a hospital."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gunshots, crazy cackling, ghosts at the door, and this damnable darkness. Cuthbert's mind races trying to figure out a rational course of action in an increasingly irrational situation.

...fusebox...sometimes they're in the back rooms of these sorts of buildings...this is a back room...maybe...come on...come on...

Again, forced to rely on what would ordinarily be a pathetic source of light but which now has become something of a lifeline to hang on to, ...where the hell's my maglite when I really need it... Cuthbert begins casting about the room, crisscrossing the walls at a height of about five feet, looking for an attached metal box or the telltale line indicating a recessed version.

...come on...come on...where the hell are ya...

spot check - (1d20+2=9)

4. - Top - End - #154

Jeff attempts to remove the bullet from the wound, not realizing that sticking his finger into a sore could cause infection. However, at the choice between infection and death, one would assume it to be a viable option. Jeff is in luck, as his finger tip finds the chunk of lead, and is able to slowly pull it back out. He then tears off a strip of Ed's shirt and binds the wound with it. Futher attempts to stop the bleeding anymore, fail. All Jeff accomplishes, is getting himself stained all over his hands and the tops of his pant legs with Ed's deep red blood.

Tom manages, quite easily pins Jack to the floor, as Jack's entire body goes limp, and his face is an expression of partial shock and partial fear. The gun bounces out of his hand and lies next to them.

In the kitchen, Cuthbert frantically looks around for a cuircut breaker box, but is having trouble in the bad lighting. His eyes dart violently around the kitchen, but he doesn't find any recesses in the wall nor any telltale signs of a box.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

*Jack continues to lay limp, his mind turned inward on itself, lost in his own small world of private misery and flashbacks*

6. - Top - End - #156

*Edward is completely unconcious, thank god for that too, otherwise that whole 'let's stick the finger in the bullet hole' dealy would have been a whole lot worse (w/hole!)*

((Yes this was just a poorly disguised bump really, I mean it's not like you needed me to tell you Ed was unconcious. Or did you!?!))

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

With Ed bandaged up, and Jack whimpering in the corner with Tommy, Jeff is going to look around.

"What the hell happened in here?!?!"

(What is the old woman doing at this point? How about Suzie and her mom?)

8. - Top - End - #158

Melissa and Suzie are still frozen in the far corner of the room, staying far away from anyone that comes near to them. Melissa also has pulled the cross from her necklace out and is saying silent prayers.

The old woman, oddly enough, finishes cackling and stares down at Jack, even when Tom's body gets in between their line of vision. It appears as though she is wholly interested in him alone.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff will move over and kneel by the woman and her daughter, wiping his hands on his already-dirty jeans so he doesn't smear blood on them. (He doesn't know about the old lady, and the lights are still out)

He'll kneel in front of them, and in a voice as calm as he can manage, tell them "Don't worry- he's going to be okay. The bullet wasn't too deep, and it didn't hit anything that's going to kill him. We should still get him to a hospital, but he should be okay." He'll stop for a second here, as he can't remember the mother's name. He'll calmly look her in the eye, and ask "I'm sorry, I don't remember your name, but I'm Jeff. Are you doing alright?"

Still trying to remain calm, Jeff will look over at Tom- Jack has apparently lost it, and ask "We leave for a second and come back to a gunshot wound- what happened?"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack Goodwell

*Jack growls, trying to fight off the doubt in his own mind, slowly struggling out of the blackness that seems to envelope his world. He clenches his fists, and roars in defiance, pulling himself back to his knees and staring down the old woman, his eyes filled with terrible rage*

What.. the Hell.. are you?

*Jack coldly searches the floor for his gun, all the while staring at the woman*

Will check: (1d20=18)

11. - Top - End - #161

Jack sits up slowly and calmly, though Tom would like to think otherwise, as he still tries to pin Jack to the floor. Jack's mind tries to warp around the situation, as the crazy old woman stares down at him with increasing intensity, and someone whom he thought was friendly. However, in the blatant insanity of it all, Jack finds the courage to stare the old woman down.

The woman looks down at Jeff with disdain in her eyes, speaking the prayers louder and louder as if to block out his words. She pulls the necklace completely off of her and holds the cross out to Jeff, as if it were a ward to stop him in his place. Suzie stares out at Jeff with worried eyes, long since devoid of all tears.

[OOC: Jack and Tom - opposed grapple checks, please. Also, a search check -2 from Jack.]

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

*Jack struggles with Tom's restraint, still fumbling for his gun*

Let me up Tom, I'll be all right. That *thing* did something to me, but I'm better now.

Grapple check vs. Tom (1d20+2=9)

Searching for gun (1d20=16) (-2 is included)

13. - Top - End - #163

[OOC: Umm...I guess I didn't find what I was looking for, so...]

Cuthbert Thompson continues to search, having seen nothing on the wall with his all but useless flashlight beam being swallowed whole by the dark.

He moves carefully to the wall opposite the sink and begins feeling around with one hand while the flashlight beam erratically follows it along. ...if there is a fusebox, it'll most likely be on the back wall, out of the way...

In his search he'd all but forgotten the others that were already here when he arrived. He calls out over his shoulder, "Hey! Anyone know if there's a fusebox or something in here?"

Unaware of the bizarre drama playing out in the main room between flashes of lightning Cuthbert wonders, ...why aren't these morons helping me get the damn lights on?...

14. - Top - End - #164

[Search check at a +2 for Cuthbert.]

15. - Top - End - #165

Tom

Tom feels Jack trying to push himself up. He tries to restrain him, but the momentary surge of strength he had gained for seeing Ed shot fails him and once again he feels as weak as a kitten. Rather than show this to Jack he instead stands and releases him.

"Right.. But you do anythin' like that again.." he leaves the threat hanging in the air, when he apparently realises than Jeff spoke to him too.

"I dunno Jeff... The old woman 'ere must a felt hungry.. took a bite outta Jack's gun. When Ed 'ere pulled her off she left a few too many teeth in the gun for my likin'.. Jack tried to put 'er down.. an he missed.."

At least.. I hope he missed..

((Grapple Check vs. Jack (1d20+2=3)))

((Ah.. good to back old normal rolling.. At least I can keep my dignity with this roll..))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

"She bit the gun?"

Jeff turns around to say something to the old woman, and then hears Cuthbert's call from the kitchen. Suddenly remembering that guy he let in from the rain.

Leaving his flashlight on the ground, he'll move over to the closet, saying "Hey, let me check some places in here..."

Searching the closet for the fusebox or anything useful.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=602543 (10)

17. - Top - End - #167

As Jack's hand gropes the darkness, it is greeted with a cold metallic surface, ridged in places that are all too familiar to him. Without even thinking about it, his hand properly grips the gun as Tom stands back and let's him up. There is a wild calm across Jack's face, seen only in the flashes of the lightning.

In the closet by the front door, Jess finds a white and lime green windbreaker that has seen better days by far. In one of the corners, a rifle leans silently. In the frequent flashes of light, he can tell that it does not have the clip loaded. In the top of the closet, is an old looking black box. It is a flat black, suggesting non-metallic.

[Reminder: still need a search check +2 from the Skunk-man ;)]

18. - Top - End - #168

Search check as requested:

(1d20+4=16)

Includes my woeful Search skill (+2).

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff will pull the old-looking black box down from the closet and open it on the floor. He'll leave the rifle in the closet, but make a mental note so he remembers where it is.

20. - Top - End - #170

Upon opening the black box, Jeff finds that inside are old photos of people standing in and around the building. Also there are various old awards piled along the bottom, including medals and simple ribbons. Of last note, there are four rifle bullets rolling around the bottom, and a small pendant on a silver chain in the shape of a magnifying glass.

With further inspection in the kitchen, Cuthbert's hand slides across a cold metallic spot on the wall. His fingers find a small pull tab, and upon opening the door, finds a panel of fuses. They are all set to the "on" position, however.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff will put the bullets in his pocket, thinking maybe they'll come in handy later. Once he's done, he'll call out "Hey dude- there's no fusebox out here. Any luck in there?" as he walks toward the kitchen. He's trying not to think about the old lady biting the gun, or any of that craziness, so he's keeping busy with other things.

(He'll also glance at the mother and Suzie again, checking on them)

22. - Top - End - #172

The feel of the metal shoots a little thrill through Cuthbert as he realizes he's found what he was looking for. In a voice barely above a whisper and far too low for anyone else to hear over the sounds of rain drifting in from outside, "Oookay, now we're talking. Let's pop this mama open and have a look."

Grey eyes gaze into the starkly demarcated disk of bright light shining upon an array of switches. Seeing they're all flipped on, he peers more closely at the row of fuses themselves to see if they're all blown, expecting that to be the case. As he does so, he also glances inside the bottom and sides of the box housing to see if there are any replacement fuses lying about or taped to the side.

Hearing the man he saw leave the kitchen earlier calling out, Cuthbert replies without turning his head, his voice resonating in the metal housing. "Yeah, actually I found the box, but I think the fuses are all blown. Lookin' for some extras right now. Hey, you happen to have a penny on ya? Not sure I do, I don't normally carry change."

Cuthbert continues examining the contents of the box, then adds to the last question. "I don't suppose you've seen any candles or anything around? Can ya check the cupboards in here while I'm lookin' at this thing? Might be some in there."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

*Jack's voice is steely as he looks intently at the old woman, raising his hand once more. He snarls at her as he pulls the trigger. This time, his aim is much better*

Go to back to hell, whatever you are.

Shooting the Hag again (1d20+2=19)

Damage v Hag (2d6=7)

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

"HOly SPOON!"

I'll run, head down, grabbing Melissa and Suzie, and dragging them to the kitchen. That crazy bastard is shooting people?!?!?!?

I'll swear when I get through the door and realize that I left Ed in there, unconscious.

25. - Top - End - #175

Hearing only another resounding gunshot from farther inside the building in response to his innocuous question about candles, the slim man with the floppy...and still wet...mohawk searches for the fuses as fast as possible.

...come on!...this is spooning ridiculous!...whackos inside...whatever the hell it is outside...i should'a stayed home...

26. - Top - End - #176

Cuthbert strains his eyes in the darkness, searching, now frantically, for extra fuses. He feels along the edges, looks at the door, even the counter nearby. He finds none. Upon further inspection, no fuses even appear to be blown out. Suddenly, there is a few more people clammering to get inside the kitchen. Cuthbert sees Jeff and the woman from before, with her daughter, all wideeyed at the shot that was just heard.

Another crackle of lightning strikes nearby, as the accompanying thunder is a mere second away, and the subsequent rumbling causes the building to shake violently. The pattering of the rain against the steel roof drones out most of the screams of Melissa and Suzie as Jeff drags them into the kitchen.

There is only cold hate and absolute resolve within Jack's eyes and voice, as he raises the gun and levels it at the woman's chest. He slowly, and calmly pulls the trigger, letting the gun jump in his hand as he is accustomed. The bullet flies from his gun, finding its home directly below the woman's collar bone. A small gout of blood finds its way onto the floor with a sickening sploot, and the woman teeters backwards a few steps, but keeps her eyes fixated on Jack, with a menacing grin, full of teeth. The woman coughs, seemingly gagging on her own blood, spitting forth dark red icor onto the carpet.

Tom watches in horror as Jack fires his gun yet again, though he is quite used to seeing blood in such quantities. He can see Ed start to stir.

Ed regains consciousness at this point, soon enough to see another bullet fly from Jack's gun. This time, however, he sees that the bullet is meant for the old hag of a woman, whom spews blood onto the ground near him, getting his shoes wet with red.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

*Jack eyes the old woman with undisguised hate, keeping the gun leveled directly at her. If it looks like the first round won't finish her, he will fire again. His mind is icy calm as he regards her, eyes boring into hers*

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff, not wanting to leave Ed behind unconscious (or leave his flashlight there), will push Suzie and Melissa into the kitchen and then move back into the room, shouting the chinese spell to cast Daze on Jack.

After he's been hit with that, Jeff will literally run across the room at full speed, grab Ed (conscious or not) and then throw him over his shoulder and start back.

29. - Top - End - #179

Tom

"Ah man.. not again.." Tom mutters as he sees Jack fire his gun again. An after I gave him it back too... Tom sees Ed start to regain consciousness out of the corner of his eye and moves over to him, knowing that he could not help the woman, nor could he stop Jack from what he was now doing.

"You alright kid?" Tom says as he starts moving towards Ed.

((Sorry about the lack of posts over the last few days, my internet has been off))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

30. - Top - End - #180

Watching the old woman fall to the floor in front of his feet with a calmness completely contrary to the horror he felt before Ed just slowly blinked for what seemed to be long minutes until a voice shocked him out of his passionless reverie.

"You alright kid?", the voice coming from a large man moving towards him That's that Tom person...

He coughed slightly then sharply drew in an agonizing breath as the pain from his bullet wound suddenly came back to him in full "Not too bad considering I just got shot I gu-" he said, getting abruptly cut off in the middle of his sentence by Jeff quickly hauling him up and taking him away.

Spoiler
    Show