New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World [CONTENT WARNING]

As Skunk peers out into the darkness trying to see the source of the gunshot. His tiny beam of light pierces the darkness like a bullet rending flesh. As he sweeps the light across the room, he sees the sounds of the gurgling gore as his light illuminates the woman's body. The mere sight of her is enough to turn his stomach, and he fights to keep down his last meal. In his pain, he sees an older man rush over to Jeff and try to treat a wound. However, the sight of the woman clawing at her own flesh has preoccupied his mind.

In Jack's desperation, he runs to Jeff and looks the wound over. Jack feels for a pulse to make sure there is someone here to still save. He fumbles for a moment but does manage to feel a somewhat weak beating beneath the skin. He tears off a strip of cloth that more or less ruins his shirt as it pulls along a seam, but he applies it to the wound regardless. After a few moments of screwing with the cloth, he has succeeded only in soaking it with blood, and not stopping the bleeding in the least.

Outside, amongst the rain, Tom hears some sort of loud thud. Then again a few seconds later. It gets louder as her approaches the wreckage of the bus and cars. In a flash of light, he sees a person trying to get out of a vehicle near the front of the line of cars that bus had hit earlier. The woman happens to look up and see Tom staring back at her. A crack of thunder breaks the monotony of the rain as it is unnervingly loud. The pounding rain on the roof of the car is deafening from inside.

The door is jammed on the driver's side, and completely blocked on the other by a car. The woman appears to be struggling to get out. The two stare at each other for a moment, not knowing if they can trust the other...

[Skunk-man: fort save please.]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

Tom

"Damn wet out here.." Tom grumbles to himself as he trudges through the rain. He starts to get bored and begins to think he will not find the woman, or the child. It was around here that he heard the thudding sound of rain water slamming onto the metallic wreckage which seemed all too familiar.

"Oh no.. Not this place again.. Not where it all started..." Tom looks around hurridley, attempting to spot any falling lamp posts or monstrous beings waiting in the dark. What he did see however was a trapped person inside the car.

Tom rushed over to the car she was trapped inside and spotted the jarred door she was banging against. Without much thought for if she was actually a human Tom pocketed his gun and grabbed onto the car's door. Powerful muscles bunched together and strained, anxiety to help the woman fueling his strength as he wrenched at the door to free her.

(( Strength Check to open car door (1d20+1=19) ))
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

3. - Top - End - #213

In the cold wet rain, Tom grips onto the slick metal door handle and pulls as hard as he can. His hands cramp from the cold and the tight area, but the door comes flying open. Tom not expecting quite the give it had, he slips and tries to maintain his balance. Tom is granted a view of a head full of red hair, kept up neatly, despite the accident, and brillant green eyes amidst the dark and harsh scenery.

Inside the car, Jane sees a man running up to the door and grab onto it without even a pause. He seems almost heroic, if it wasn't for the throbbing pain in her head due to smacking into the window in the crash, and the fact that he gets off balance when the door flings wide. The cold air is a shock to the relatively warm interior of her car. The chill sends a shiver down her spine, and let's her know that the world if definitely real, no longer the dream she was having.

[Tom: Balance check, please. Jane: please describe anything relevant, such as clothing, etc.]

4. - Top - End - #214

Tom

Tom did not expect to be able to open the door, and the fact that he succeded in wrenching it open suprised him. He started to slip backwards, turning his feet sideways as he did so in an attempt to steady himself before arching his body over to brace himself if he did fall.

((Balance Check (1d20+1=13) ))

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

The young woman gasps as the cold air pushes all of the warmth outside of the vehicle. She shivers and stares in awe and fright at the strong man that just tore her car door open. She pauses briefly looking somewhat stunned.

Without the streetlights and the reflected illumination of an entire city, it is difficult to make out colors. It almost comes as a shock to the retinas when the car's reading light comes on. The sight that greets Tom's sore eyes is a study in loveliness.

Brown leather shoes and khaki pants are all that are visible beyond the neatly cut jacket that emphasizes Jane's trim waist. It is her face that draws the eye however, she is Galatea come to life. A halo of golden red light crowns her head.

This is without a doubt the kind of girl that makes women clutch the arms of their boyfriends in a quintessential gesture of possession. Yet her grace is effortless and there is none of that hyper sexualized energy that usually crackles around young women of this day and age.

Jane practically jumps out of the car in her haste remove that caged feeling that had been preying upon her mind since she opened her eyes into the pitch dark that was the street.

“Thank you! I felt as though I would never get out…”

She shivers again but this time it is the pressing and oppressive memory of the unlit vehicle that shakes her to the core.

((Is anyone green? I'll change it if the color has been previously claimed. :) ))

6. - Top - End - #216

Skunk

That last meal seems to have a mind of its own, and with the things going on tonight, it may very well be the case.

It twists and turns inside him, pushing in all directions to escape. Skunk, like most humans, automatically fights against the sensation, but the usual ridiculous odds against resisting that seemingly primal urge continue on course.

Were there enough light to see, it would have been a technicolor nightmare come true. Projectile and copious to an unnatural extent, it spews forth in heaving gouts to splatter across the floor, an equally sickening sound accompanying it.

Skunk doubles over as the heaves continue even though the fuel is mostly exhausted. The sound of weak retching interrupted periodically by coughing and deep gasping continues in the darkness, yet another precious memory to add to the collection.

Somehow through it all, Skunk has kept a death grip on his pistol, though his worthless little flashlight has dropped to the floor. It bounces a few times in a direction away from the unsavory puddle as if it too had a mind of its own, spinning its narrow beam uselessly into the darkness.

As if to justify the gun in his hand, a brief thought flits through his brain that perhaps using it on his own head might take away the overwhelming nausea....

7. - Top - End - #217

As Tom's mighty grip upon the car door is unwavering, he feels the ground under his shoes give way just as easily. He is granted the vision of a gorgoeus woman with red flowing hair before he lands right on his ass. The embarassment and irony are not lost in the rain...

Inside, as Jack holds Jeff's still body, Jack hears the kitchen doors open and an immediate retching, followed by dry heaving. It is enough to unnerve anyone, were there not an old woman clawing at her face a few feet away.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

*Jack sighs, looking down at the body of the young man.. he checks for a pulse on last time, then gently closes his eyes.. another dead man in another battle. Another nameless battle. And for what purpose? who knows. Damnit all.

Shaking his head, Jack slowly gets up and begins to work his way to the kitchen*

(All this assuming there is no pulse, of course.)

9. - Top - End - #219

Tom

"Ouch.." Tom mubles to himself as he gets up from his elegant fall. He may have freed the woman, but was at a loss of what to do next. What was it he was always told to do when meeting someone new? Introduce himself was it?...

"Ello, the names Tom. I aint sure, but I thinks it was us who crashed into you.. Sorry bout that, but, least I found ya and could help.." Now mumbling his words and speaking incohearently, Tom decides that talking about something other than the near death experience she just had might be a good plan.

Clearing his throat he says "not seen a woman and kid have ya? Whole reason I come down 'ere was to find em.. No good 'em runnin off alone.. Well, im gonna go look for 'em, ya can tag along if you want.." He then smiles at the woman and begins to carry on in the direction he was already going in.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane looks more concerned than anything when Tom falls down.

"I'm Jane." She half-smiles. "Thanks again...um..."

She looks around at the twisted metal poles that used to be streetlights.

"Wait up!"

She grabs her bag and keys and runs to catch up.

"I didn't see anyone come this way. Say...Do you have any idea about what happened? I mean...Are we suddenly at war? Shouldn't we find shelter from the bombs or something?"

11. - Top - End - #221

Tom

"Jane... 'Ello Jane, and don't mention it...

Tom thinks to himself when Jane mentions war. War?... Well, I guess that is an idea.. Dunno how no terrorists could do none of that freaky crap back there..

"I don't think we at war lady, though you would think so bein' with the people I was with... Ya should watch out, theres some freaky stuff been hapnin' today.. Very freaky stuff.. Anyway, I am a looking for this woman, and her kid, like I said earlier.. Not seen them have ya?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane shakes her head indicating a negative.

"No, no one...until you came along.

What do you mean? Are people in a state of panic? What IS going on?"

13. - Top - End - #223

Skunk

After a short time, the threats in his stomach dwindle to just the occasional, and he is able to stifle them. Rising again to his feet, Skunk takes some tentative steps towards his little flashlight, avoiding the direction of his known but unseen disgorgement.

Though he can see the beam splaying across the floor, it is difficult to judge the distance. It appears nearby, but a step or two in that direction seems to bring him no closer. The bile in his throat, in his mouth, eats away at his teeth and lips forcing him to swallow dryly a few times. Then he hears a very strange sound in the darkness, a sound that he realizes he's been hearing all along but which was too disassociated with his actions to pay attention to. It seems to be coming from somewhere deep in the room and it curdles his blood just a little, though he can't bring a solid image into his mind to explain it.

Mostly under his breath he asks the blackness before him, "What the hell is that?" Then he forms the question properly, "Hey, what's that weird noise? You hear it?"

The relative quiet as compared to only a few minutes ago seems deafening despite the drumming of the ceaseless rain.

14. - Top - End - #224

Tom

"A state of panic? Ya could say that.. Of course, people are panicin', but its tha reason they panicin' that is the problem... Right.. maybe it will be better if i explain my day so far.."

"The day started with a nice bus ride, you can see the results of that ride back there. The lamp posts... now that was fun... Falling lamp posts chasin us down tha street before we broke into some shop. Us.. its me and tha people I was on the bus with. Those people was this kid Ed, who got shot, but I think he is okay. Theres the guy who shot 'im, Jack, he 'aint so calm right now.. Jeff.. it was him who sent me out 'ere, he was alright when I left, think he was goin' ta see on the old woman. I dunno if she is alright, she was a wee bit mad in tha head.."

"When I say a wee bit mad, I mean a lot mad. She attacked us, well attacked Jack, and when she got pulled off she got a bullet in her chest. That was when ah came out here to look for the woman and her kid, Jeff was gonna 'elp the woman, I hope he could..."

"Then thats where I met you.. It be a pleasure to meet you, but ah really need to find that woman.. Nothing good out 'ere right now.. If ya don't mind, could ya please help me find 'em?" His account of events so far over, Tom starts to walk again, motioning for Jane to follow.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane hesitates. It isn't exactly her usual modus operandi to simply follow strange men along empty streets. Then again...if the other two choices were to stay alone some more or to go looking for others signs of life...

Jane inhales the cool night air in order to give herself some courage and catches up once again to Tom.

"The lamposts just bent on their own? Why did this woman you are seeking run away?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

*Feeling a slight pulse under his fingertips, Jack does everything he can to keep the young man's condition from worsening*

(Take a 20 on a heal check)

17. - Top - End - #227

Jack manages to bind the wound properly, and notes that the pulse is just as weak as before, but blood isn't oozing out all over the floor. He hears a new male voice in the darkness, in the direction of the earlier retching sounds. In the flashing lightning, he can see a quick outline of a young man... with a mohawk, looking for something on the ground. For a moment the eyes of Jack and Skunk meet, and there is a strange sort of stare down to see what the other's intentions are.

By this time, the old woman's body has dissolved into a sort of greenish, red icor and is soaking into the carpet, leaving a vicsous, bubbly material behind.

Outside, Tom and Jane trudge through the constant rain, as even now Jane's clothes are all but soaked through to the bone. The torrential downpour drones out most other sounds, leaving the two to stand close together to even hear the other's words.

18. - Top - End - #228

Tom

Standing close to Jane and nearly shouting so he could be heard over the rain, Tom replies to her question. "Bent? They was fallin' over, and I got no clue what was makin' 'em do so. I 'aint too sure what made the woman run out either, I think she thought it would be safe out 'ere..."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

*Jack sits back, nodding to the young punk.. wierd dress, but at times like this, who gives a rat's ass?*

Evening. Quite a night we're having.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

The cold sinks into her bones and Jane begins to tremble a bit.

"..."

Jane begins to say something but is drowned out by the rain, she repeats it more loudly.

"Tom, how can we hope to find this woman if we can't even see ten steps in front of us? We don't have any light and we're going to get hypothermia if we stay out here. How long have you been searching for this woman? And how far in one direction?

You said that she was with a child...I doubt that they would have stayed out in this rain for very long. They must have found shelter and we should do the same.

We're going to catch our death out here. We need to get indoors sooner than later."

21. - Top - End - #231

Skunk

In one split-second flash of light, just like in one of those horror flicks, Skunk sees in dull colors a puddle of disgusting greenish goop in one spot, a puddle of chunky orange goop in another spot, his little flashlight lying steps away and a man hunched next to another that is quite a bit more bloody than any healthy man should be.

Subdivided within that split-second, the hunched man turns and reclines, then casually speaks to him. Lights out! Well, if you don't count the pitiful dribble of his errant flashlight.

Skunk fails to answer the man immediately, and instead takes two careful steps towards his little crackerjack toy, trying to avoid any obstacles his eyes might have registered but which his brain has yet to process. At least that little beacon helps him orient a bit better now that the lightning's provided the whole dreary scene for his mind's eye to work with.

"Yeah, just wonderful. What happened to that guy? I heard the shots, he take one or two?"

His civility now taking a backseat, he again launches into a bit of a snit, "Dammit man, how about just telling me what the hell's been going on in here?! Ever since I stepped through that back door, this place has been jumpin' like a dog's ass in a bucket of fleas!"

Skunk blinks in the darkness as he tries to figure out where the hell he picked up an old backwater simile like that.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

*Jack runs his fingers through his hair, not minding the mess, sighing a bit*

That's a damn good question. We were on a bus, and we crashed.. we got out of there, but wierd **** started happening all over the place.. it was like something was coming at us.. lightposts falling down for no reason. We ran in here, but the old woman that was with us, something happened to her... it was like she was.. possessed.. Long story short, I ended up shooting her. What's left is that pile of goop over there, so I guess that goes to show there was something badly wrong with her.. this guy, well, he was on the other side of the woman, and the bullet went through her and into him.. poor kid.. he's alive, and he's not bleeding out anymore, but he needs some medical help.

23. - Top - End - #233

Skunk

...finally, something rational...heh, you should talk, dude...

At the mention of falling lightposts, Skunk's adrenaline begins to flow. "Lightposts? They fall at you, like they were chasin' you? Same **** happened to me! Crossin' the river at the bridge, just everything went funky all at once. Cabbie rammed into the bridge retainer and flew out the window, lampposts began to slam all over behind me, until I ran over here and saw the light under the back door."

Once he recaptures his flashlight, he switches it off, not knowing now how close the tiny battery was to conking out. Then he steps over to the wall and begins feeling his way toward the sound of the man's voice. Anyone here not shooting or screaming was more inviting than hanging out in the middle of the darkness all alone.

"Umm...so that goop is some old lady? I should be thinking you're a total whacko right about now, but I'm not all that surprised."

Sensing he's near the two men, he flips on his mini-flash and catches sight of the speaker, then moving the beam down to the gunshot victim.

"Oh man. Wish I could help, y'know? I'm not, like, good with that sort of thing. Had medics in military school, but I wasn't one of 'em."

While Skunk doesn't exactly harbor the sort of compassion of an average social-worker, his history has given him some, at least for an apparently innocent victim. That seems to spark an idea in his mind. "Hey, how about we move him into the kitchen and I try to get the oven on? Or at least the burners. He'll be better off if he's kept warm. Maybe we can find some blankets or something, too." He tries to ignore the previous fiasco of the candle search.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane hesitates to move any further when no answer if forthcoming from her companion.

"...Tom?"

25. - Top - End - #235

Tom

Tom's mouth opens and closes a few times, as if he was speaking, yet no sound was coming out. After a while, when Jane had again said his name, he stopped and sighed. "You're right.. There is no hope.. Well, we better get inside somewhere.."

Lost in his thoughts and now silent, Tom looks around for a place to shelter in. It okay Tom, ya saved one person.. Maybe the woman will be ok, and if she okay, the kid is okay...

26. - Top - End - #236

As the two stand outside in the cold, hard rain, Tom begins to shiver, an obvious sign that he's been out in the stuff too long. He is losing precious body heat, and the wet limbs that rub across each other are beginning to chafe. When Jane mentions sheltor, the first place that jumps to his mind is the American Legion building he had exited mere minutes ago.

27. - Top - End - #237

Ed

His hand clenching the frame of the doorway so tightly that his hand was already completely white from lack of bloodflow, Ed stands silently listening to Skunk and Jack talking to each other, swaying around slightly as though outside in a warm summer's breeze though it's obvious that only his grip on the doorway is keeping him from slumping to the ground. "Y'know it might have helped him if someone around here wasn't firing his gun at anything that moved in the room, eh Jack?" he spits out in a weak wavery voice filled with sarcasm.

Giving up his struggle to hold on to the doorway with a long sigh he backs up to one of the ovens behind him slowly and using it as a support sinks back down to the ground with his back to it. Taking his other hand back of his chest and the cloth strapped to it he tries to see how it looks, failing to get a good view from the sporadic lightning flashes.

Edit: Just noting the remembering to CTRL-C every time before you post is a life saver, there was a forum overload or something the first time I tried to post this and it would have been lost if I hadn't learnt that painful lesson before now ^_^
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

28. - Top - End - #238

Skunk

[OOC: gonna step ahead a move before waiting on Jack to reply so I can get a post in between the server problems.]

Skunk hears another disembodied voice as it chastises the man he now knows as Jack. He's slowly piecing together what's been going on out in this room while he was in the kitchen.

"Hey, how many people are in here all together? I count you, me..." For a second he thought to say "and the other two guys you shot" but thought the sarcasm would be totally misplaced. "...and these other two guys. I remember the lady and her kid taking off out the back door and some other guy. Anyone else?"

Not letting the situation lie, he stands and says, "This is bull****, we have to have some light or this night's gonna be a helluva lot longer than it's been already. Have you searched this room thoroughly? Any upper floor? Didn't notice when I ran over here. Any cabinets or closets or whatever? I can't imagine a building this size not having any kind of quake kit or something like that...would need one by law, anyway, since it's obviously a public building."

He picks a direction to head in, choosing to start to the left of the kitchen doorway he takes the first steps.

29. - Top - End - #239

Tom

"Ya know what Jane?.. I got a great place we can go, where I came from. Its safe enough in there.. and at the least its warm.." A clear direction of where they could go in his mind, Tom turns around and begins to walk back to the building he had just come from.

30. - Top - End - #240

As Skunk stumbles in the darkness, a quick flash of lightning, following by terrible rumbling alerts him to the wall he is coming close to. He is not able to pick up an details, as the flash is there for but a moment.

In the same flash, Ed can see a punker type walking slowly through the building parallel to the kitchen. The most notable feature is, of course, the large semi floppy mohawk upon his head. To Ed's best guess, he looks fairly harmless.