New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Dead - Versus the World [CONTENT WARNING]

Jack

*Jack nods in agreement, looking down at the young man*

Good idea.. only thing is, I dunno whether or not it's safe to move him...

*Jack shoots a venemous glare at Ed*

Mmm.. right. I should have let whatver that *Thing* was run around and tear us all to shreds. Good plan.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Skunk

"Hmmm...yeah, you might be right. Where'd he get hit?"

Skunk continues his trek along the wall, using his mini-flash to provide some guidance.

The last stroke of lightning finally revealed why the rain seemed so loud and the cold so chill in this room: a window directly ahead of him was broken.

Beneath the window he sees a desk, its surface appearing not just damp but sopping wet from all the splashing drops that have bounced in over the sill. There appear to be papers and other documents on top, but they're entirely soaked and probably illegible by now.

"Hey, anyone have time yet to rifle through these desk drawers?"

Skunk steps toward the desk with a plan to have a closer look.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane's light frown goes unseen in the gloom that permeates this damp evening.

She speaks up so as to be heard.

"Ok, lead on."

4. - Top - End - #244

Tom and Jane soon reach the front door of a simple building that has a sign out front reading "American Legion, local 303". To Tom's best recollection, the front door was a viable entry, as the podium had been moved. As they near the door, they can both feel the water inside their shoes, feeling as through their feet are swimming in the stuff. Through one of the windows, they see a tiny light beaming around the room seemingly at random.

When Skunk approaches the table just below the broken window, he sees that there are no drawers beneath the simple table. As he has guessed, all the documents have had their ink run profusely, and it is impossible to read what they might have once said. The carpet makes a squishy sound that reminds him of the sound of the puke hitting the carpet.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane hurries to the door and knocks.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Halfling in the Playground

Tom

Tom follow Jane over to the door. He mutters something along the lines of "don't bother.." as he sees her knocking and reaches out to open the door himself.
    Avatar made and used with permission of Ink.

7. - Top - End - #247

Jane's knock, while audible to those inside, is lost among the two outside, as the rain drowns out all sounds. Tom, knowing better, walks up and turns the knob. The door slides open quite easily, as it had been broken open the first time they came in. To those inside, the front door swings open and the sound of the pounding rain fills the tiny building.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane lets Tom take the lead into the building. He did mention gun toting nuts at some point earlier...

9. - Top - End - #249

Skunk

Seeing no drawers Skunk wonders about this place, "Hmm...this place seems awfully empty, y'know? This an American Legion joint, right? Supposa be a place where a lot of people come and do whatever it is they do, so should be some kind of junk around that gets used a lot."

Not really expecting answers to his essentially idle rhetoric, he continues tracing a path along the walls, no to the left of the table, if for no other reason that to keep himself busy and maybe dig up something useful.

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

Skunk jerks his head in the direction of the sound, but the general darkness obscures the actual source. After all, he'd been in the place for how long now? And he still hasn't seen hardly any of it.

The sound of someone unbolting and opening the door leads to the vague silhouettes of two new people standing out in the rain.

"...hmm...more whackos prolly..."

He returns to his search, but continues to glance toward the newcomers just to keep an eye on things.

10. - Top - End - #250

Tom

Seeing Jane wait for him to take the lead, Tom enters the building which had become all too familiar to him. "I'm back Jeff!" he calls into the darkness, "and I brought someone with me.. Jeff?.." With this he begins to look for Jeff so he could tell him off his failure, but also off his un-suspected success.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane hesitates a moment longer but the chill and suddenly unsafe night convinced her that no matter what, humanity was better than staying out in the cold.

She steps into the room and closes the door behind her. The final click does not strike her as ominous. In fact, at this moment in time it represents the sound of safety.

Her eyes are drawn to the bobbing light as moths to a flame. She does not notice the tension in the room...not yet.

12. - Top - End - #252

Skunk

Skunk wonders who "Jeff" is, then draws the likely conclusion and speaks to the bigger of the two silhouettes, "Umm...I think he's over..." A mini-flash beam suddenly darts toward the general direction of Jeff's prone body, "...there, somewhere. He's being watched over by, umm...Jack, yeah. I think he got shot or something in all the crap that went down here."

He probably should have mentioned to them to watch their step what with all the goop, blood and vomit that currently decorates the floor. But the lack of constant light has become something of a grace in disguise on at least that count.

His preoccupation with trying to find things in the dark like some poor sap with an uncontrollable compulsion disorder--persevering in the face of constant denial of satisfaction--he almost didn't realize who it was he spoke to.

"Hey! Ain't you the guy that left out the back door a whle ago? What's it look like out there? I kinda expected you to be torn to shreds or eaten alive by now."

With his successful recognition of one silhouette one would think he'd move on to the next and question its presence, but instead, he just goes back to his searching. This evening has turned his usually capable mind into a jar of flies that never seem to light on anything long enough to follow through on a line of thought. Maybe it's just the darkness.

13. - Top - End - #253

Tom

Tom had no idea who had just spoken to him, he assumed it must just be another unlucky soul who had been dragged into it all. "Yeah, that's me..." he replies, a little shocked at what the man had expected he would run into out there. "It don't look that bad.. I found Jane 'ere.." He was thinking of what to say next, some comment about being torn to shreds, when the man's earlier words finally sunk in.

"Jeff?.." he murmers weakly as he stumbles over to where the beam of light indicated. It didn't fully sink in about what had happened after he had left. He got shot? Another? Two people now... When Tom had found what he assumed to be Jeff, he knelt down beside him and attempted to see if he was okay. " 'Ang in there..."

14. - Top - End - #254

As the door is closed, the sound of safety to some, is the sound of prison for others. The beam of light the sweeps across the floor ends up across a pair of legs that one can assume belong to the downed Jeff. Near him is a hunched over Jack, currently shooting a dark glare in Skunk's direction. As Tom stoops to check on Jeff, he sees that the wound is already bandaged, and decently too. Every now and then the body shakes a bit, like he's having a terrible dream.

15. - Top - End - #255

Skunk

Skunk continues his scanning of the room, wall by wall, considering Tom's words as he does. "I dunno, man, it was all freaky, and I mean FREAKY outside before I found this place, and I know it wasn't all in my head cuz someone else mentioned the lamp posts flopping all over. That and the rest of the haunted house crap going on, I just figgered you'd probably be kissing yer ass goodbye goin' out there."

Stubbing his toe on something, Skunk sticks his hands out to steady himself and then resumes his reconnaissance of the little strips and spots of the room he can see well enough to identify objects.

"Oh, and hi, umm...Jane, right? Hmm...I guess since things have calmed down a little bit maybe we could, like get each others' names and stuff and get a situation report. I mean, see who's messed up. Call me Cu...just call me Skunk, that's what I'm used to."

For a second, Lieutenant Cuthbert Thompson III, popped in for a visit. But that was long behind him now, Skunk is the dominant personality these days.

In one errant sweep of his mini-flash, Jack's scowling face is briefly lit and then viewed ghostlike on Skunk's retinas for a second or two more. Apparently, Jack wasn't happy about being fingered as the one that popped Jeff, but the moment was left to die a quiet death to feigned ignorance.

"Okay, I need me some stuff to work with, come on stuff, come out and play...."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane waves uncomfortably.

"Hi... It's raining pretty hard out there so we couldn't see a few feet beyond our noses."

Someone got shot! What have I stumbled into?! Maybe I should get out of here and take my chances.

Jane's trapped deer stare is fleeting and she is relieved that it goes unoticed. At least there is some blessing to this lack of electricity.

17. - Top - End - #257

With the constant flashes of light from the lightning storm outside failing to give out enough light for Ed to look at what his chest actually looked like now he muttered a silent curse against everything in general and clamped his hand back on the cloth covering his wound. Still feeling a little dizzy and woozy he seemed to remember something someone had said That Skunk guy...something about 'burners' in the kitchen. That'd mean that these are gas stoves then and if the gas still works then they should be able to give out enough light for me...worth a try at least.

Groaning loudly Ed's spare hand shot up to the top of the oven he was leaning against, gripping it hard and using it to help him get back up to his feet again. After nearly dragging himself back up he moved his way around to the front of the oven, pushing in the dial for what looked like the largest burner and clicking the ignition switch C'mon work you stupid piece of crap, let something in this night go right for a damn change...
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

*Jack growls and curses, feeling helpless, not knowing what else to do but wait, sitting with the unconcious kid, hoping he'll make it through.. not wanting to move, for fear of something happening to the kid while he's not around*

19. - Top - End - #259

Jack's mind should be at ease, keeping the kid in his careful watch, but something just won't let him. Something eats at him that it is his fault ultimately, even if it was an accident. It pounds in his head like the worst headache he's ever had, but only in fleeting moments. Once more people start to come inside, however, he feels the room begin to slink in towards him again. Just like before, he breaks into a cold sweat and the darkness does what it can to swallow him. His newfound claustrauphobia is taking its toll once more...

Ed has much more luck than anyone else has this entire night, as the burner clicks about three times, then lights in a decent sized gout of flame. Light pours through the room, cutting away the shadows like surgical knives through flesh. The terrors of the night skulk away into their corners for the moment...

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane hesitates in the suddenly silent room.

"So...has anyone looked for candles or for anything else that might provide more illumination?"

21. - Top - End - #261

Skunk

The sound of a question so utterly absurd to Skunk's ears is uttered somewhere in the dark, it resounds from one side of his head to another like a ping-pong match going on in the center of his brain "...has anyone looked for candles...".

Skunk stops dead in his tracks, the little beam from his mini-flash ceases the sweeping and bobbing and suddenly points dead in one direction.

Trying with a yeoman's effort not to sound sarcastic, Skunk responds to the words in the dark, "Hahaha aha ahahahahahahaha!" He'd probably continue cackling like that for a while longer if it weren't for the fact that his throat had already been partly stripped bare from his earlier screamfest.

The mini-flash beam resumes its bobbing and sweeping along the wall as it now turns inward to the left and then turns back again towards the southern face of the building.

Aha, a door! And another just a few feet farther. Skunk shuffles his way to the first and reaches out toward the latch....

[OOC: Quick orientation...it appears I spy the bathroom door.]

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jane frowns and mutters, more to herself than to anyone else.

"It's a legitimate question..."

She doesn't advance further into the room. Instead she remains at the door, hesitant.

23. - Top - End - #263

The silence that had settled over everyone like a blanket of barbed wire is suddenly shattered as an insane cackling echoes through out the room and then just as suddenly as it came, stops. Its as if Skunk were suddenly another person, momentarily out of control of his body and mind. Like a car swerving out of the way of a little girl, and screeching like a witch.

After the temporary outburst, Skunk finds his way to the bathroom, quite obvious due to the toilet and sink. However, its got to be the single smallest one he's ever seen, even in comparison to the dives he used to play in.

One bit of glimmering hope, however, is the outline of a person in dim lighting from within the kitchen. Jane is the only one with a good view of it, considering everyone else is proccupied. She can't quite make out what the person looks like, as it is about twenty five feet away, through a tiny window in a set of double doors.

24. - Top - End - #264

With the third click of the igniter the oddly cold looking blue gas flames jumped up from the burner, throwing meagre amounts of light and heat over Ed's body though right now it seemed more like a bounty after all that had happened. Feeling oddly invigorated by the warmth and light of the flames he stood more steadily on his feet, no longer having the feeling that he could collapse at any moment weighing down on him. Thank god they're working, now I just have to... he thought before a hideous cackling from the other room interrupted his thoughts, bringing a slow shudder moving across his body in spite of the warmth from the flames. Well since no-one seems to be screaming, let's try to get the rest of these going then, alright Edward?. Turning his attention back to the stove he quickly got the rest of the burners alight with ease, except for the last one which stubbornly refused to go aflame. *click* *click* *click* went the igniter, over and over again but still no response from the last burner...
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

25. - Top - End - #265

Skunk

Casting the light around in the tiny bathroom Skunk sees little of interest until his light catches a small mirror on the wall and the little flashlight that seems to pitiful in the darkness managed to force a tight squint from his eyes.

Then he thought he saw a face in the mirror, through his nearly shut eyes, but it wasn't his. When he tilted the light away and a little bit down, so that the reflection wouldn't blind him, the only face he saw was his own, looking like crap, with eyes bulging and bags beginning to form under them. He knew it hadn't really been that long since the crash on the bridge, but it sure seemed like the longest night of his life. "...light tricks to top it off, eh...wonderful..."

"Well, great, nothing but a head made for midgets."

He leaves the bathroom behind and lets the narrow door close behind him, then turns to his right and steps to the next door.

"This place is creepy enough to begin with, nevermind all the weird **** that's going on otherwise. Reminds me of a dollhouse or somethin', like all the stuff's not set up right." Partially suppressing a sudden chill that runs up his spine, he reaches for the handle of the next door.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jeff twitches on the floor, as if a reminder that he's still alive. His face is covered with a look of pure terror... whatever is in his dreams, you're happy you don't have to see it.

27. - Top - End - #267

As Skunk comes around the corner to find another small door, he also finds himself smack in front of a woman introduced as Jane, and another rather large man that he doesn't quite recognize. Nearby, behind him, lies Jeff and Jack huddled over him to maintain the bandages. It is a rather uncomfortable closeness, though there is room enough for the door to be opened.

28. - Top - End - #268

Tom

*Sigh* was the best description of the deep, rumbling sound which escaped the tightly closed lips adorning Tom's face. The look of terror on Jeff's face, along with his convulsions and twitches, paints a picture in Tom's mind, one he would not like to see...

Don't worry Jeff... I 'aint gonna let you die Jeff... 'Aint gonna let you die... Thoughts similar to this run through Tom's mind. The feeling of uselessness is probably the cause of these thoughts. Being unable to help the old woman and then looking on helplessly as Ed suffered the fate Jeff is now stricken with. He was still un-sure of what had happened to Jeff, but the fact that he was not there to help him seriously dented the self-conscious part of his mind which thought of himself as "useful"... Don't ya worry Jeff... I'm 'ere for ya now... 'Ere for all of ya...

((Well, my apoligies for the complete lack of posts over the last two weeks, I went away on holiday and completely forgot to mention it here...))

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

Jane cranes her head towards the blue flames in the distance.

She observes only until she eventually realises that no one else seems to have noticed.

"So...who's in the other room with the lights?"

30. - Top - End - #270

Skunk

Seeing more than just the door handle near him, Skunk tilts his mini-flash upwards to about neck level and sees the face of the lucky new occupant of the House of Horrors the rest have come to love so much.

"Well, hello there." Skunk affects a smile, of sorts. The woman might think he's either trying to be adorable or that he's constipated. Either way, Skunk then notices the other entity nearby and repeats the earlier routine, except the flash points up a bit higher.

Scrunching his brow a bit in thought, Skunk isn't sure if he recognizes the man's face, though he's pretty certain by now it's the same guy that dashed out the back door some time ago.

"Umm...hey. Hmm...you see any cars parked outside in the lot, by any chance? Haven't had a chance to look. How about other people? This the only one you saw?"

Then he remembers, "How about the lady and the kid? Isn't that who you ran out after?"

While awaiting a reply, Skunk moves to the second door and reaches to the knob to open it.

"Exsqueeze me, there, young lady. Gotta get to this door."