New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation IV: The Lore Thing

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Indeed. There's a lot of humor that you can have in the setting, but the fact is that Creation sucks for anything that doesn't have supernatural powers, and many things that do.
    Really, Creation as written is practically unsalvageable, to be honest - might as well get Autobot to start working on 2.0 before it bluescreens for good . There is exactly one thing that could even begin (not secure, mind. Just begin) to give it a chance of saving itself from imploding, and that would be the healing of the Great Curse - except nobody except Lytek knows or even suspects about it and Lytek's not telling, so nobody can even start so much as looking without severe metagaming, or Lytek going against what he's done in the last many thousand years.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2010-10-04 at 03:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    In real history, your landlord, his many servants and his even more numerous enemies did not have supernatural powers that exceeded all your hopes of matching. In Exalted, they have all those powers plus everything expected from a real history person.
    I don't know, does it really matter whether your local lord kills you for daring to question his authority with the awesome powers of the elements or kills you with a couple of flunkies with swords?

And like others pointed out, there's at least the possibility that you could get some supernatural power of your own.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Oddly enough, the Abyssals offer the highest chance of that.

All it takes is one Abyssal redeeming, then someone smart thinking 'now, why isn't this Solar going mad like the others?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    There is exactly one thing that could even begin (not secure, mind. Just begin) to give it a chance of saving itself from imploding, and that would be the healing of the Great Curse - except nobody except Lytek knows or even suspects about it and Lytek's not telling, so nobody can even start so much as looking without severe metagaming.
    Really, that is just Lytek being stupid. He communicates with the Unconquered Sun and the other Incarnae on a semi-regular basis. Couldn't he tell them "hey, lord and ladies, there seems to be a problem with your Exaltations that make them increasingly crazy" between rounds on the Games of Divinity? I mean, it would not make them take action, but at least the Unconquered Sun could send one of his Zeniths a message on the matter.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Firbolg in the Playground

If the problem was known, it would be either solved already, or there would be another huge obstacle preventing the lifting of the curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed.

I honestly think Abyssals redeeming offer the best chance of the problem becoming more widely known.

Since the Neverborn lift the Great Curse from newly Abyssalfied Exaltations, and they specifically can't reinstate it unless they're killed (again).

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #1087

Really, that is just Lytek being stupid. He communicates with the Unconquered Sun and the other Incarnae on a semi-regular basis. Couldn't he tell them "hey, lord and ladies, there seems to be a problem with your Exaltations that make them increasingly crazy" between rounds on the Games of Divinity? I mean, it would not make them take action, but at least the Unconquered Sun could send one of his Zeniths a message on the matter.
    He just wants to fix it himself.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    He just wants to fix it himself.
    That is him being stupid, like I said. At this point, I'm not sure anyone other than Nara-o in the entire Celestial Bureaucracy is not insane, stupid or both.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Barbarian in the Playground

They are insane. By human standards.

Take Jupiter, for example. She's the Maiden of Secrets, so she does know about the Great Curse. But she can't tell anyone, because she's the Maiden of Secrets. She literally cannot do it. A great many of the gods are in a similar position.

The gods were never intended to run Creation all by themselves - they were meant to have the primordials telling them what to do, trumping their natural proclivities. Now, the Unconquered Sun is supposed to fill that void, but he's stuck playing the Games of Divinity. So it all falls apart.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    Now, the Unconquered Sun is supposed to fill that void, but he's stuck playing the Games of Divinity. So it all falls apart.
    The solution is obvious. Destroy the Dome. Then he'll have no choice but to help Creation, because he cannot keep avoiding his Compassion.

We're allowed to do that. We're Solars.
    I use black for sarcasm.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out the clothing and colour of First Age Misho's clothing in this strip. I can't tell whether he's wearing pants, or... whatever it is that Misho's wearing (Skirt?) Can anyone help?

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1092

The solution is obvious. Destroy the Dome. Then he'll have no choice but to help Creation, because he cannot keep avoiding his Compassion.

We're allowed to do that. We're Solars.
    On a scale of 1-10, I would rate this as 'Poorly Considered' for a number of reasons.
    1. The Unconquered Sun will kill you, and likely anything within a hundred-mile radius.
    2. The Unconquered Sun will now have nowhere to hide in order to avoid needing to suppress his Virtues. As he is the most powerful statted being in the setting, and is said to likely go insane from his uber-Virtues being constantly triggered (in often self-contradictory ways) outside the Dome, this is not a good thing.
    3. It is entirely possible that the Games Of Divinity are part of the vital mechanisms of Creation, and that destroying them would result in the fae/shinma completely steamrolling the place.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

1. The Unconquered Sun will kill you, and likely anything within a hundred-mile radius.
    If my death will save Creation from a slow, painful death, so be it. I'm a fictional character, anyway. Besides, I have perfect defenses for long enough to avoid his wrath for a full scene.

2. The Unconquered Sun will now have nowhere to hide in order to avoid needing to suppress his Virtues. As he is the most powerful statted being in the setting, and is said to likely go insane from his uber-Virtues being constantly triggered (in often self-contradictory ways) outside the Dome, this is not a good thing.
    He's most likely to suppress his Virtues that come up least often (and Temperance, because holy hell is he invested in that one). Compassion, in the Second Age, will keep coming up all the time.

3. It is entirely possible that the Games Of Divinity are part of the vital mechanisms of Creation, and that destroying them would result in the fae/shinma completely steamrolling the place.
    I think this was rebuffed by the writers.
    I use black for sarcasm.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

I think this was rebuffed by the writers.
    Actually, in several locations (Return of the Scarlet Empress among them, where it was part of 'does UCS need to suppress Temperance to keep playing the Games') it's essentially given the tag 'up to the Storyteller'.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-04 at 07:35 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Actually, in several locations (Return of the Scarlet Empress among them, where it was part of 'does UCS need to suppress Temperance to keep playing the Games') it's essentially given the tag 'up to the Storyteller'.
    Yes, but RotSE is not canon in most places, including the possible death of the Unconquered Sun.
    I use black for sarcasm.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

The point remains: I'd consider that little bit of info up to the Storyteller.

Which means there's no canon answer.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, isn't Exalted the sort of game where one book can contradict itself in multiple places?

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Wait, isn't Exalted the sort of game where one book can contradict itself in multiple places?
    Yes. Yes it is. Examples given: every single book with more than one writer, ever.

That is to say, every single book.
    I use black for sarcasm.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    The particular Solar speculated to have become the Silver Prince was an upstanding fellow against whom not a word should be said! Nor am I wearing a white veil. I don't know why you never asked that, as we are not even having this conversation.
    I dislike the idea that Desus is the Silver Prince.
    It's very OOC for Desus to choose to become a Deathlord, subordinate to the defeated Neverborn.
    It's very OOC for Desus to have grand, long-term plans, as opposed to just ******* around and then using magic PR to cover for it.
    It's very OOC for Desus to use natural mental influence and keep a low profile, rather than presenting himself as the messiah to all the West and brainwashing every diplomat and citizen within Skullstone's borders and beyond.
    It's very OOC for Desus to not have sought out Lilith. The man alternated between love and extreme possessiveness, and now he's just ignoring her?

I think it's far more likely that he's Admiral Arkady.

He's most likely to suppress his Virtues that come up least often (and Temperance, because holy hell is he invested in that one). Compassion, in the Second Age, will keep coming up all the time.
    That's kind of my point. In 2001, HAL doesn't just kill off the crewmembers for lulz. He does it because he is compelled by his programming to present all information accurately to the crew, and compelled by specific orders to conceal certain information from them. His solution is to kill them, since if the crew are all dead, he can both present accurate information and prevent the release of the secret information.
    Tha'ts the kind of logical loop that Sol will eventually run into if the Games don't offer him a safe haven from having to suppress his Valor, Conviction, Temperance, and Compassion all the damn time.
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Tha'ts the kind of logical loop that Sol will eventually run into if the Games don't offer him a safe haven from having to suppress his Valor, Conviction, Temperance, and Compassion all the damn time.
    Except the Unconquered Sun can suppress his Virtues, unlike a computer, who cannot do such a thing. Sure, he will be weaker, but I prefer weaker to useless.
    I use black for sarcasm.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Except the Unconquered Sun can suppress his Virtues, unlike a computer, who cannot do such a thing. Sure, he will be weaker, but I prefer weaker to useless.
    The consequences of suppressing his Virtues to the degree that he would need to would be dire.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Clearly the solution is to call Gaia back and put her in charge.

A slight increase in the incidence of volcanoes, typhoons, collapsed civilizations and dinosaurs is a small price to pay!
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2010-10-05 at 12:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    Clearly the solution is to call Gaia back and put her in charge.

A slight increase in the incidence of volcanoes, typhoons, collapsed civilizations and dinosaurs is a small price to pay!
    Price?

Also, Jukashi, I was wondering. What type of footwear does First Age Misho wear? Sandals?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1104

Very comfortable shoes.

And they're probably, like, magic or something.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

Given Misho's magitech proclivities, I'd say Perfected Boots.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Meanwhile: Secret has learned to apply the Bakusai Tenketsu to flesh!

Ryouga would be very happy, if her demonstration hadn't popped him like a zit.
    The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
    "An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Shoes, eh...

Well, thank you!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108

Why are we saying "Poor Secret?" She won't get covered in blood, after all, dodge charms.

It also appears that whoever suggested that Ten was an Immaculate Grandmaster was right.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2010-10-05 at 02:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

GAH! Why I still see as placeholder?! Why, cruel fate, why?

Edit: Never mind.

I'd call that pretty successful, really.
    Last edited by golentan; 2010-10-05 at 02:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

30. - Top - End - #1110

And now I'm envisioning a joke ending comic with the cast of Keychain filling in for the cast of Carrie.