New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky S View Post
    I knew DH was difficult to play with. I just didnt realise how bad it was until I read the codex.
    Hard to play with, sure. But if you're good you can use them to great effect. Guy at my local store does, but he's a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    Oh, why on earth can't there be a Tyranid version of that? WHY?!
    1. Because it is not especially cost-effective to re-sculpt and re-mould a bunch of models that already exist in order to sell them at a cheaper price. It's meant to be a starter set for the game as a whole, not a starter set for Orks or Marines.

2. Because there was. The 4e starter set, Battle for Macragge, was Marines and Nids.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2010-06-28 at 09:38 AM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fields of Blood Battle Reports.

Ahhh, just back from a weekend of fantastic gaming competing in GW’s Fields of blood doubles tournament. I thought you might want to hear what went on. A friend and I have spent the last few months painting up a fun army for it and running a few practise games to tweak the list.

Rules:
    The doubles tournament was 2 armies of 1000 points sharing a Force Organisation chart with the “take one of Elite, Fast Attack and Heavy support before taking a second of any of them. Same again for taking a third.” 6 games over 2 days.

Our list:
    Spoiler
    Show

Chaos Space Marines “The Garden of Nurgle”

HQ (1)

Daemon Prince Yggdrasil
    Daemon Prince
    +Wings
    +Mark of Slaanesh
    +Lash of Submission

Troops (2)

The Brotherhood of the Briar
    7x Plague Marines
    +Plague Champion
    ++Power Fist
    +Melta Gun
    +Melta Gun
    +Dedicated Transport: Rhino
    ++Extra Armour

The Choking Vines
    7x Plague Marines
    +Plague Champion
    ++Power Fist
    +Melta Gun
    +Melta Gun
    +Dedicated Transport: Rhino
    ++Extra Armour

Heavy Support (2)

The Nettles Sting
    2x Obliterators

The Barbed Branch
    2x Obliterators
    Orks “Da Blue Waaagh”

HQ (1)

Warboss Gut Grinda
    Warboss
    +Warbike
    +Power Klaw
    +Cybork Body
    +‘Squigilly, Eater of Hats’ the Attack Squig

Troops (3)

Da Wyld Stalyins!
    3x Nob Bikers
    *Troops choice due to Warboss*
    Nob Biker
    +Power klaw
    +Cybork Body
    +Stikkbombs
    +Bosspole
    Nob Biker
    +Big Choppa
    +Stikkbombs
    Cybork Body
    Nob Biker
    +Painboy
    +Cybork Body
    +Stikkbombs

Da ‘Umie Stompa’s
    30x Orks Boys (with sluggas)
    +Nob
    +Power Klaw
    +Bosspole

Da Bug Squisha’s
    30x Orks Boys (with sluggas)
    +Nob
    +Power Klaw
    +Bosspole

Elite (1)

Deafenin’ Deff
    10x Lootas

Fast Attack (1)

Burnin’ Rubba’
    Warbuggy
    +Scorcha

War had raged between the primal Orks and glorious Space Marines for many years on the planet Estremus despite its relative lack of strategic value, the Ultramarines pushing to eradicate the savage Orks before they could reach critical numbers. Unknown to both sides, amide the conflict a single seed from the Garden of Nurgle was implanted in the centre of Ork spawning ground.

Amid the gloom a single Ork herder watches his brethren dig themselves from the soil, steering them towards the camp to get their equipment. In the gloom dark vines seethed into empty Astarte armour, driving the form to the surface. The Herder reaches for his slugga as the shape rises until a dull fog clouds his brain. He points the new recruit towards the camp, muttering in a low monotone, “Neva seem em come up wif da armour on before…”

Day 1 – Game 1

Pitched Battle, Seize ground (3 objectives)

Opponent: Space Wolves and Old Skool Marines – His list had a lot of great ancient tanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Their deployment is interesting, forming a solid brick of 3 rhinos and a razorback on the centre right side with a Long fangs Missle Launcher squad. A librarian with Jaws is hidden in the middle. On the other side a predator rests with a mob of 8 bikes, dreadnought and yet another rhino. These guys have a lot of troops, and it’s objective based. Great to start with a challenge we say!

We set up the Mobs of boys near the middle with the warboss, obliterators taking the flanks and the daemon prince clinging to tall ruins on the left side. This makes the lootas nervous, but ruins will keep them alive that much longer. And there just might be Scouts hiding in those other ruins…

But nope, those scouts can’t hide there due to 18”. *Sigh of relief* Chasing scouts up 3 levels of difficult terrain is never fun.

The horn sounds and the game begins! They fire a volley and peg a load of Orks while we rush forward. Those missiles are scary, especially when he rolls 5 Hits in a row. Their bikes zip to the flank, only to meet the Daemon Prince. “Hey, why not go a little faster?” One Lash later and the bikes get assaulted. The Prince whiffs his attacks and wonders if this was such a good idea.

The Obliterators unleash a volley of energy and completely fail to take away their Metal Bawkses. The Lootas on the other hand sniper the lone Rune Priest before he can mess with the Warboss!

The Nob bikers show up on the Long Fang flank, only to be shot up and flee back the way they came. Meanwhile the boys crash against the Space Wolves while the warboss rolls around ripping holes in rhinos, laughing all the way.

With enemy forces buried in a tide of Blue, the plague marines roll up and park on the objectives and put the kettle on. Looks like they won’t see combat today.

The daemon prince kills off the bikers then faces the dreadnought, and takes it apart one limb at a time before cow tipping it, only to be picked off by 2 snipers as he does a victory dance. D’oh!

The end of the game looms, the last surviving tanks try to rush the objectives to contest, but get picked off in our last turn.

Result: Victory, 2-0 objectives.

Our opponents were great sports, and the game ran as smooth as silk.
    Last edited by evisiron; 2010-06-28 at 11:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behold Nosferatu, the Plant Vampire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

Referring to Pop Yule Ashun:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRebirth View Post
    evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    That's really bugging me. Especially since I can't find it. And, due to the fact that it was most likely between [spoiler] tags, 'Pedro Kantor' and 'toilet' gives me nothing in Google.
    ...Google fails. That's right. I said it.
    Umm... Would you by any chance be referring to my post?
    Last edited by Razaele; 2010-06-28 at 10:58 AM.

Awesome avatar and siggy by Kwarkpudding

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Hi guys, I just moved on from Roleplaying Games /Homebrewed part of them forum to the Other Games, and noticed WH immediately.
    Since my friends and I play tabletop during the summer, I was going about my army list for improvements. So let's hear what the experts have to say

Full list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HQ
    Herald, below

ELITES
    Flamers of Tzeentch (x4) - 170 points
    Bolt of Tzeentch

2x Fiend of Slaanesh (x1) - 40 points each
    Unholy Might

TROOPS - 112 points
    Pink Horrors (x6)
    Bolt of Tzeentch

Pink Horrors (x5) - 117 points
    Bolt of Tzeentch
    Changeling

FAST ATTACK
    Seekers of Slaanesh (x5) - 180 points
    Instrument of Chaos
    Herald of Slaanesh: Daemonic Gaze, Chariot, Unholy Might

Seekers of Slaanesh (x5) - 90 points
    Instrument of Chaos

Total: 749 points

Now, for the "rules": We play 750 point armies (+/- 15 points), so that means no too much beef. Usually we play 2v2, or 1v1 if we don't have large enough battlefield. No rules, just kill 'em all in 5 turns.
    I know that my list lacks severly in the troop section. Also, as it is fairly symetric I can't be screwed that much by chance, but there are some awkard moments (Dark Gods are a cruel bunch).

As for the "tactics":
    Fiends are separate, sto that means I have two beast who can rip apart any squad they assault, and can even take on Dreadnought one of SMs packs in his army.

My first choice of droping are Pink Horrors and Flamers, which don't lose out much from No Moving rule, because I tend to put them on field so they have enough range to shoot. Also, they all pack Bolt, which is perfect for Leman Russ, Hive Tyrant and Carnifex.

Fast unites and Fiends are for later entry, I mainly drop them into cover, then move out and assault someone (Fleet, and all that).

I have a fairly decent score 1v1, but 2v2 this can be carnage, if I don't get drops fast enough my teammate (usually the Orks guy) is done for, and even if I do we play on featureless table, which leaves my units exposed to fire. So, yeah, any advice for improvement/better tactics/general tips?
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    Oh, why on earth can't there be a Tyranid version of that? WHY?!
    There was. It had like 8 termagaunts and some rubble terrain in it and sucked.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

6. - Top - End - #216

Day 1 – Game 2

Annihilation, Spearhead

Opponent: Crimson Fist Space Marines and Aztec Space Wolves

Spoiler
    Show
    Past experience screams in my head “AHHHH! THUNDERWOLVES!” Ghazghkull may eat these guys like candy, but he’s not here to help and these guys just rip apart Ork mobs.

They get first turn and deploy. They have a pair of 10 man tactical squads setting up on the perimeter (one lead by a chapter master) with a devastator squad dead centre in some ruins. A vindicator is hiding behind them. The thunderbirds (Thunderwolves modelled as Marines surfing Giant eagles, unit champ on a griffon and Wolf Lord on a carnasaur) and Cold ones (Fen. Wolves) deploy just behind the gunline.
    Blood claws with Lukas and wolf scouts in reserve, Scouts infiltrating.

My team mate and I conspire – these guys expect us to play like Orks and rush into the gunfire only to get counter charged. Ho ho ho, this will be fun! Lets turn some tables.
    We set up our own gun line of Lootas and Obliterators and pull the Orks back beyond bolter range. If they want a fight they will have to deliver it to us.
    Their Scouts set up in a distant forest, and we Seize the initiative!

Now, Obliterators getting out performed by Lootas really stings, so this was their chance to shine, and shine they did. Vindicator: Wrecked. Devastator squad, bunched up in those ruins are vaporised by plasma cannon blasts. We have just neutered their ranged support in two shots. Mwahahaha!
    The lootas gun down the Cold One unit from 10 models to 2. They go to ground to get a save.

The look on the opponent’s faces is priceless as they scramble to get the thunderbirds and tactical marines in range of being effective.
    Now, the Daemon prince may have convinced may have convinced the Orks to hide in the woods, but Warboss Gut Grinda isn’t having any of it, and roars forward. Yggdrasil face palms then flies over to help, flicking out the Lash.
    Inspiration strikes us, the Lash allows us to move each model up to 8”… “Hey Spess Mareens, it’s conga line time!” The front ones are shunted within assault range of the warboss while the chapter master is sent to the back of the line. It will take him a few pile in moves to actually get to attack!

The Thunderbirds rush forward to attack the warboss and Lukas And Friends walk on beside the Orks, but too far out to assault. Shooting is pretty weak at this point. The Thunderbirds charge in, but shelter the Wolf Lord so he doesn’t get insta-killed. The warboss actually survives the attacks and prepares to reap a terrible insta-killing vengeance… only for all 4 storm shield saves to be passed. Dang it!

Our turn, send in Da Orks! Yggdrasil Lashs the Blood Claws, allowing the Orks to bounce in. It’s a great fight, the 2 most enthusiastic units in the game scrapping it out, but the Claws are killed to a man. Lukas starts to laugh, but the Nobs yells “Oi, dere’s sum kind of stasis field bein’ aktavated. Everyone take 3 steps back!” Lukas stops laughing as no Orks get trapped in his bubble. It’s going to be a lonely eternity.

The Thunderbirds kill the warboss and split up – the Lord goes off the kill Yggdrasil (and succeeds) while the Thunderbirds charge the Orks… only to get swarmed and torn apart! This unit then gets charged by the chapter master, his tactical squad and the surviving Cold Ones. The Orks kill the Cold Ones and most of the tactical marines as the game ends.

Result: Victory, 6-4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
    Hehe, that is fairly epic, nicely done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hello all,
    Just asking an opinion question. I am interested in starting a SM army, smaller side, for now, probably not much bigger then 1500.

I don't know space marines well at least the difference between the chapters, I am looking for a tougher and more assaulty army then my tau (which shouldn't be that hard, all marines are tougher and better at melee then me).

I am going to start with something along the lines of AoBR and then? Mainly because even though the playgroup has a few rule books, I don't have a personal copy. So the starting units and the mini book is worth the price I think.

But then? I am basically asking for opions on which chapter might fit my taste better, and/or recommendation for which boxes to go for after AoBR.

Thanks

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, everyone knows this particular unit;

Sternguard (x10) - 345 Points
    x8 Combi-Meltas, x2 Heavy Flamers
    + Drop Pod

...Or 335 if you take x10 Combi-Meltas. But, ask yourself...Really?
    When you put in Lysander, the points cost of this unit is kind of ridiculous.

How do people like;

Wolf Guard (x9) - 342 Points
    x8 Combi-Meltas, x4 Power Weapons, x1 Power Fist
    x1: Terminator Armour [Power Weapon], Assault Cannon
    + Drop Pod

Swap the x4 Power Weapons for x2 Frost Blades? Or another x2 Power Fists?

...Or, for those interested, x10 Wolf Guard with Combi-Meltas and Drop Pod is 255 Points.

x8 Combi-Meltas, Arjac and Drop Pod = 367 Points. Which is ~200 points less than Lysander. Arjac is Lysander, with a ranged weapon, Counter Attack and 11 wounds.
    I see the biggest problem with this comparison is the fact that you trade the SW stuff for the specialty ammo which is a big hit. They are equivalent units when breaking tanks (well the unit with arjac is slightly better in 6") However vs a wider array of enemy the specialty ammo is far better most notably the loss of hellfire rounds which deal with monstrous critters which will be the things which can survive a unit drop from the wolfguard and than cause problems in CC because it will kill a good portion of the unit before Arjac can finish it off (because he will)

I wouldn't say they aren't strictly worse but they need the CC upgrades to make up for the loss of specialty rounds
    Check out my horrible homebrews

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffard View Post
    Hello all,
    Just asking an opinion question. I am interested in starting a SM army, smaller side, for now, probably not much bigger then 1500.

I don't know space marines well at least the difference between the chapters, I am looking for a tougher and more assaulty army then my tau (which shouldn't be that hard, all marines are tougher and better at melee then me).

I am going to start with something along the lines of AoBR and then? Mainly because even though the playgroup has a few rule books, I don't have a personal copy. So the starting units and the mini book is worth the price I think.

But then? I am basically asking for opions on which chapter might fit my taste better, and/or recommendation for which boxes to go for after AoBR.

Thanks
    Basically every non standard Space Marine army is more assault based than the "codex" marines. Except Dark Angels, who are more... the same.

Special chapter summary.

Ultramarines/Imperial Fists/Crimson Fists
    Use the standard space marine book and are extra vanilla in that they don't favour any units especially. Also get special characters in said book. Buy one of every unit in the space marine range and that's what an ultramarines army is supposed to look like (pitty the actual rules make such an army poor in practice). Ultramarines "genericness" and "example army" status has resulted in a backlash against them. Imperial Fists are usually considered "ultramarines but cooler" (and also yellow, while for some reason ultramarines swapped out the yellow in their colour scheme for gold, possibly because only imperial fists are badass enough to walk around in yellow) and are also the only chapter to have special successors (crimson fist and black templars) who are at the same level as first founding chapters.

Blood Angels
    Have their own recently released codex. Are more assault orientated in that they get access to melee based buffs and their assault marine jump infantry are troops rather than fast attack, but aren't really that differant and are still considered "perfectly codex" in canon. A shooty Blood Angels army doesn't have to end up all that differant or worse than an Ultramarines one. Also have faster vehicles. Some say they're Space Vampires, others say that the new edition has turned them into Space Vampires, others say they've always been Space Vampires and the new book has made them less Space Vampire. This arguement happens every time a new Space Vampire Blood Angles Angels book comes out. Can also have an ornate "renaissance" style, but not always.

Black Templars
    Have their own 4th edition codex. Really assault orientated and are also the most religious chapter. Since they're angry holier than thou fanatics, you have an excuse whenever you have to fight other imperial forces (which you will, all the time). Can be outdated and underpowered unless you abuse their rules a little but faired a little better than dark angels, whose book ironically came out just before 5th ed and was in theory written with the new changes in mind. Can be turned into a "swarm" or "ork wannabe" army of massed footsloggers if you want to, but it isn't their most competative tactic anymore.

Grey Knights
    Have their own 3rd edition codex, recently made free. Could be considered both more shooty and more assaulty, being even more elite than normal space marines but are usually better off charging at some point. Not very competative and very expensive in real world money. Are supposed to kill daemons but aren't that good against the current daemon rules.

Dark Angels
    Have their own 4th edition codex. Used to be more shooty than normal marines in that they could give their tactical squads plasma cannons, but the marines 5th edition book gave marines that as well. Their only real use is in their specialist "ravenwing" and "deathwing" subgroups, which allows you to make an army entirely mounted or entirely wearing terminator armour. Except that codex marines can also do the former and space wolves can also do the latter, making their codex pointless unless you really know what you're trying to do with it. Have a "dark secret", making them a bit like black templars (except opposite, the black templars codex has a story that implies the dark angels once wiped out a black templars crusade) in that they have an excuse to pick fights with armies that are supposed to be on the same side.

Legion of the Damned
    Dress in bones and paint fire patterns on their armour. Have an elite choice in the standard marine codex but you can just use them as a special paint scheme for a normal space marine army.

White Scars
    Use the same codex as Ultramarines, but take lots of bike units. Which makes them kind of similar to ravenwing. Are also Space Mongols.

Iron Hands
    Like white scars except they like dreadnoughts and tech marines instead of bikes. Also like cyborgs, but all cyborg wargear has been taken out of the latest rules .

Space Wolves
    Have their own recent codex. In theory more assaulty but their main unit, Greyhunters, are basically good at everything all rounders that put standard space marines to shame. Are also Space Vikings. Not to mention the Space Werewolves to the Blood Angels Space Vampires.

Chaos Space Marines
    Have their own 4th ed book. More assaulty in general. Lack many of the pieces of tech their loyalist brethren can use and in many cases the things they do have analogues for (bikes and jump packs) are overpointed compared to 5th ed version. Their current book is considered kind of limited, with only one list from it being any good. Also have subchapters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black Legion
    The dark version of the ultramarines, balanced and don't favour any god.

Iron Warriors
    The dark imperial fists. Like their heavy support choices and dreadnoughts. Used to have special rules and the ability to take imperial guard tanks like basilisks but currently don't.

Word Bearers
    A bit like evil black templars (but less angry), they're more religous than the other neutral chaos space marine chapters. Used to have special rules that let them use cultists, but don't anymore. Also like daemons.

Night Lords
    The evil raven guard. Back stabbing commandoes that come in the night wearing silly headgear. Used to have their own rules and are the army which most people complain about not being viable with the latest book.

World Eaters
    The evil blood angels. Like melee and fighting. Worship Khorne, god of being red and having horns. Used to have their own rules, but are still viable due to their special unit (khorne berserkers) being troops.

Death Guard
    Smelly rotten diseased guys (not really the evil anything, but you could call The Legion of the Damned the good version of them). Worship Nurgle, god of over protective mothers. Like World Eaters, they have their own "cult" unit that's troops so they don't need their now removed special rules.

Thousand Sons
    Psykers leading golems. Have a rivalry with the space wolves but aren't the evil anything (while Blood Ravens are sometimes retconned into being the good version of them). Worship Tzeentch, god of tongue twisters. Have their own cult unit that's better at shooting than the normally melee heavy chaos.

Emperor's Children
    Used to be as noble as the Ultramarines/(on a good day) Blood Angels, but are now completely hedonistic mutants. Have their own "noise marine" unit that's good at shooting. Worship Slaanesh, god of appealing to horny teenagers.

Alpha Legion
    A bit like the Black Legion in their boringness, but they recieve less love from GW (so kind of like the Imperial Fists). Appeared as the bad guys in the original Dawn of War campaign.

Red Corsairs
    Space Pirates yaaagh! The only chaos group that has a special character and extensive backstory without being a first founding legion. Existed since very old fluff, but were in limbo for a decade before they kind of pushed the Alpha Legion/Night Lords/Iron Warriors out of the codex in the latest edition, annoying many people.

Ravenguard
    Like assault squads and scouts. Have their own kind of neat special character in the standard codex, but you could argue that the blood angels book is the best way to make a pure assault marine force. If their special character was available to blood angels they'd possibly be the most broken army.

Salamanders
    Wear green (and sometimes dragon space salamander scale cloaks, depending on the player's greenstuff skillz). No one can agree if they're black in the real world sense or in the literal sense. Like flame throwers and melta weapons as well as having a kind of "blacksmith theme". Sometimes painted as "the nice guy" chapter who prefer to protect civilians than make sure every enemy is as dead as possible, but sometimes they just like burning stuff. Have a special character in the standard book who some consider to be "overused" at best and "noobish" at worst". Used to have their own special army list that debuted at the same time as Black Templars, but now they don't while Black Templars still do. Which may be the result of the two chapters rivalry.

Other chapters
    Many of these have little to no background and can be whatever you want them to be. Just steal a name and colour scheme from the lists of misc chapters you can find here or their or invent your own. There have been over 20 foundings of chapters since the original 20 odd, so you can invent your own and since all chapters are derived from the original 20, if you like an existing chapter but wish they had a cooler name or differant colour scheme you can make a "successor" chapter of that chapter that's more to your liking.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2010-06-28 at 04:33 PM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Awesome battle reports, Evisiron. Good job on the tactics and victories, too.

I'll have to take notes next time me and my Dark Angels friend play. I'd love to write out a nifty battle report like everyone else.

Unfortunately, he seems to be busy this week, or at least today. And my Space Wolves buddy still has my rulebook, so if we do play this week I'll be unable to check a few rules if/when they come up.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Why is it that Combat Patrol doesn't work with 5th edition rules well? That wasn't made too clear...

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky S View Post
    Yea I know they get all that cool stuff but it doesnt stop them still being a 1 wound model costing 25 pts. Every single other army will outnumber yours and despite quality supposedly equalling quantity it doesnt work out that way.
    ...Inquisitorial Storm Troopers in Chimeras. Look into them.
    ...Grey Knight Teleport Attack Squads. Look into them.

The loss of Allies and Inducted Units really shafts the Daemonhunters (but not Witch Hunters). But, there are people who have played pure Daemonhunters even before the online version stripped them of most of their usefulness.

Mostly, it involves Storm Troopers-with-Plasma Guns spam, which also equates to Chimera spam (which works). Along with triple Dreadnoughts with Lascannons and Missile Launchers. Having 48" range, Shrouding will keep the Dreadnoughts alive for almost ever.

Grey Knight Terminators are the bomb-diggity. 'The best' lists, don't use the regular GKs as Troops.

The one really good benefit I can see is with the new wound allocation. *snip*
    This isn't news. That's the way it's always been done. Due to the fact that an Inquisitor keeps all the benefits even if his henchmen aren't even alive anymore. Ask Lycan 01, he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
    I would be. It is pretty good, there was a reason I was looking for it.

It apparently was your first game, and therefore, assuredly your first Battle Report. Which just makes it that much better. My only criticism was there were more than a few run-on sentences. But, that's more of a grammar/syntax issue, rather than a flaw of the Battle Report itself. Which was very good. Did I say that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffard View Post
    Most of what Closet Skeleton said is all true. But, unnecessary.
    (I don't think he was looking for fluff descriptions?)

Because I've already done it.

I've also done the Codex Marine Special Characters about 2 or 3 times. But, I can't find it at the moment. Google time.

(I may redo the Blood Angels one, it doesn't fit the good format of the other two. And there's even part in it that's wrong. See if you can find it. Trixie - of all people - was the one to point it out to me)

Seriously CS, how long did that take to write?
    I wrote those things for a reason. So we wouldn't have to keep writing those things.

The Battleforce, regardless of what Marines you choose.

If you can't afford a Battleforce, buy two more Tactical Squads. If you want Rhinos, buy Razorbacks instead and don't glue the top hatches down. It's not that much more expensive.

Once you play a game with AoBR + 2 Tactical Squads (or Battleforce), you can then pretty much decide on your own what you think you need after that. Although we can help at that point too. It's just that if you keep asking us what you need, you'll turn into a 'net-lister'. And nobody likes those.

If you want Black Templars or Space Wolves (because you want something different to Tau), Space Wolves have their own 'Tactical Squads' and Black Templars have their upgrade boxes (which makes your army more expensive because it's not a stand-alone kit). So get those.

Blood Angels...Buy Assault Squads and Scouts. The Battleforce has some of both, and gives you an extra Linemen squad in the form of a second Tactical Squad to AoBR. Why don't more Blood Angels' players take Tactical Squads? I don't know. Maybe that's why they always lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    Why is it that Combat Patrol doesn't work with 5th edition rules well? That wasn't made too clear...
    Because it's supposed to be a 'learner' mission, and makes almost everything in AoBR illegal. Which pretty much makes it anti-newbie...Unless you're Orks. Orks win.

Just about everything good in the game has had their points cost raised (making them nonviable in 400 points), or had their points cost lowered to make them broken.

Which is basically how Combat Patrol is played now. Get your best and/or cheapest Troop unit, and spam that. Because, in the rules for Combat Patrol, anything actually good that could take out x3 BA Assault Squads in Razorbacks or 25 Scouts with Rifles (and extra upgrades) isn't allowed.

Good stuff evisiron! Sounds like a good day.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-28 at 08:41 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Nitpik

Alpha Legion
    A bit like the Black Legion in their boringness, but they recieve less love from GW (so kind of like the Imperial Fists). Appeared as the bad guys in the original Dawn of War campaign.
    Um no. Alpha legion arnt anything like the black legion. They dont use demons they fight with cultists and are the infiltrating sneeky legion. Night lord favor simular tactics however they favor supprise more then sneek and delight when it comes to making people scared/fear them where as Alpha legion delight in mis-information Their special rules use to let your whole army deploy as scouts. Dawn of War (being the farce that it is) Decided that they where the bland legion.

Alpha legion are actualy my fave legion out of any of the ones remaining even loyalist (followed by a tie of Space Wolves and Space Vampires, because having been in this damn money sink since 2nd that where highly promoted back then and I was a young man *sigh* the memories) Biggest gripe is that theres never a lot of information about any of the fallen legions that didnt throw it all in with one of the gods, where as the loyalists seem to get a huge amount of information.. well appart from the Iron Hands.

So onto tactics.... Went to my first local torni last weekend and had a blast. Was a city vs country where our club challenged the country clubs to a few games. Basicaly was a 3 match "round robin" style with bonus objectives (like killing the enemy HQ or most expensive unit)

So I played 3 games total, first against a Nid player with mass genestealer Zonethropes, Doom and 2 hive tyrants, 2nd game was against a Biker eldar list with a sear council autarch(exarch?) and a farseer and the third game was againt a Mech Chaos player. Ill post my list and my results when i get home.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

The loss of Allies and Inducted Units really shafts the Daemonhunters (but not Witch Hunters). But, there are people who have played pure Daemonhunters even before the online version stripped them of most of their usefulness.
    The pdf version is not a new codex, nor is it errata. If you buy a copy of the codex from somewhere, it still contains the allies rules and you can still use them. If anyone argues, you can show him the printed rules.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    The pdf version is not a new codex, nor is it errata. If you buy a copy of the codex from somewhere, it still contains the allies rules and you can still use them. If anyone argues, you can show him the printed rules.
    Well, considering that I was the one who pointed that out first in this thread...

But, the complaints were made were made using the 'online copy', so, replies were made using the 'online copy'. Also, getting your hands on a proper DH Codex at this point might be a bit difficult for a lot of people. Getting it from 'somewhere' isn't always an option.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

I was wondering, is the Trygon Prime worth sticking in a 1500 point army? Or would I be better served just using those points on more swarmy-type broods? Or maybe MOAR genestealers?
    "I am the Undying Terror!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Blace avi by Rowsen!
    Avis and dolls are the fine work of Recaiden!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blace View Post
    I was wondering, is the Trygon Prime worth sticking in a 1500 point army? Or would I be better served just using those points on more swarmy-type broods? Or maybe MOAR genestealers?
    Can't help you without knowing what you already have. Do you already have a lot of Synapse? Do you even need Synapse (the 'MOAR Genestealers' indicates to me that you might not)?

Do you have Hive Tyrant/s or large Broods of Warriors to take the fire magnet status away from the Trygon? Do you already have another Trygon or Mawloc?

Would you be better off with more swarms? You, tell us.

Trygon Prime is ~250 Points. That goes along way in a Tyranid army. Write up a ~1200 point list, and we'll be able to tell you if you should add a Trygon to it or not.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-28 at 11:58 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Can't help you without knowing what you already have. Do you already have a lot of Synapse? Do you even need Synapse (the 'MOAR Genestealers' indicates to me that you might not)?

Do you have Hive Tyrant/s or large Broods of Warriors to take the fire magnet status away from the Trygon? Do you already have another Trygon or Mawloc?

Would you be better off with more swarms? You, tell us.

Trygon Prime is ~250 Points. That goes along way in a Tyranid army.
    Well, at this point in time, I have the two battleforces, and a tyrant.
    So, what I can use for an army are:
    6 warriors, 32 hormagaunts, 32 termagaunts, about 24 genestealers (had a friend that had some he didn't need), and a ton of ripper swarms.
    Being pretty new to the game, I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to be assaultish or shootish. (Funny thing, when I looked at the description of the armies, I had to face-palm at the 'If a newbie isn't playing SM, he's playing 'Nids,' because if I wasn't playing 'Nids I'd want to be playing SM... v.v)
    But, anyways, I know I'm going to get another Tyrant and the prospect of having swarms flow out of the tunnel Trygon Prime made to destroy my friends makes me giddy as a school girl. However, if that would be more of a detriment to my goal of owning my gaming group, I would rather go the other route.
    Last edited by Lord Blace; 2010-06-29 at 12:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blace View Post
    Hive Tyrant, 6 warriors, 32 hormagaunts, 32 termagaunts, about 24 genestealers (had a friend that had some he didn't need), and a ton of ripper swarms.
    Yeah. Trygon'd work. Also you really, really need to think about getting Zoanthropes or Hive Guard (you could get both, but it's not necessary). Personally, I'm in favour of the Hive Guard, since as a Librarian-loving Psychic Hat-wearing Space Marine player, I laugh at Zoanthropes.

Does the Tyrant have Wings? Or does he have Tyrant Guard? Invest in one or the other.

See what you can do about getting 40+ Hormagaunts and Termagaunts. Do the Genestealers have Broodlords? Those things rock like all get out. 60 points for an Independent Character-level model that can't be targeted in Assault and can take a Power Fist to the face anyway? Sign me up!

But, yeah. Trygon works in your current list. Which could also do with some improvement if it doesn't have all the things already.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-06-29 at 12:20 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

But, yeah. Trygon works in your current list. Which could also do with some improvement if it doesn't have all the things already.
    Yeah, the two battle forces and the tyrant are pretty much my entry into the game. I'm working on getting more, and better units. And learning what does and doesn't work well. Thanks though! Now I just need to either find a decent auction on a Trygon, or bite the bullet and just get one from my local game shop.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by evisiron View Post
    Hehe, that is fairly epic, nicely done.
    Thanks! Your battle reports are pretty fun to read!

I would be. It is pretty good, there was a reason I was looking for it.

It apparently was your first game, and therefore, assuredly your first Battle Report. Which just makes it that much better. My only criticism was there were more than a few run-on sentences. But, that's more of a grammar/syntax issue, rather than a flaw of the Battle Report itself. Which was very good. Did I say that yet?
    Thanks! It certainly was fun to write. I think I'll write up a battle report for my next battle. Also, apologies if there are issues with my spelling/grammar. English isn't exactly my first language.

Speaking of battle reports, I loved your reports on Ultionis and his adventures. Keep up the great work!

Awesome avatar and siggy by Kwarkpudding

23. - Top - End - #233

Seriously CS, how long did that take to write?
    Maybe 10 minutes?

I wrote those things for a reason. So we wouldn't have to keep writing those things.
    (I don't think he was looking for fluff descriptions?)
    Your summaries don't have fluff descriptions. Which can be useful when choosing an army (even if this isn't the fluff discussion thread)

Quote Originally Posted by DranWork View Post
    Um no. Alpha legion arnt anything like the black legion. They dont use demons they fight with cultists and are the infiltrating sneeky legion.
    Okay, I got confused and thought Word Bearers got cultists (because it would make sense). Really everyone should get cultists like in 2nd ed (and 3rd ed if you count chapter approved or Lost and the Damned).

I checked the codex and it appears that Alpha Legion are like Night Lords but less points and they eat less carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by DranWork View Post
    Their special rules use to let your whole army deploy as scouts. Dawn of War (being the farce that it is) Decided that they where the bland legion.
    DoW also gave every legion cultists, so Alpha Legion being bland for DoW wasn't that wrong. Sindri at least acts like an Alpha Legion guy until the later missions.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2010-06-29 at 05:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234

This is a quote of Closet_Skeleton.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    Basically every non standard Space Marine army is more assault based than the "codex" marines. Except Dark Angels, who are more... the same.

Special chapter summary.
    *snip*
    Blood Angels
    Have their own recently released codex. Are more assault orientated in that they get access to melee based buffs and their assault marine jump infantry are troops rather than fast attack, but aren't really that differant and are still considered "perfectly codex" in canon. A shooty Blood Angels army doesn't have to end up all that differant or worse than an Ultramarines one. Also have faster vehicles. Some say they're Space Vampires, others say that the new edition has turned them into Space Vampires, others say they've always been Space Vampires and the new book has made them less Space Vampire. This arguement happens every time a new Space Vampire Blood Angles Angels book comes out. Can also have an ornate "renaissance" style, but not always.
    *snip*
    Have their own recent codex. In theory more assaulty but their main unit, Greyhunters, are basically good at everything all rounders that put standard space marines to shame. Are also Space Vikings. Not to mention the Space Werewolves to the Blood Angels Space Vampires.
    Thanks for the information.

I am thinking the Space Wolves are a bit to my taste, but the blood Angels do not seem that bad either. Can anyone elaberate more on the differences between these two? I was reading the fluff about the SW on the GW site and I like the feel of them but not the model differences. Meanwhile I like the look of the Blood angels and mechanically the faster units seem nice, but I won't be able to get to the local shop to look at the codex for these til Friday.

EDIT: Saw CG's link posts. more then helpful, Thanks all.
    Last edited by Gruffard; 2010-06-29 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Noticed more posts.

25. - Top - End - #235

Day 1 – Game 3

Seize Ground, Dawn of War

Opponents: Necrons and Necrons, played by GW staff.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to say, nothing will make an Ork player smile quite like winning the roll for deploying first in Dawn of War and slapping 60 Orks (and in this case a Daemon Prince) along the half way line. 2 sets of warriors and the Lord set up to face us.

First turn has the Orks march forward and their buddies following up behind. The Necrons take to the field and start opening fire, initial warriors joined by a Monolith, another squad of warriors, 2 squads of immortals, 2 sets of destroyers. A nightbringer is waiting in reserve. Thankfully we were careful with getting cover saves and casualties aren’t too bad. 2nd turn, it’s time for a Waaagh! and all but one unit of warriors get engaged by the Ork horde and a destroyer unit jumped by Yggdrasil . We are spreading ourselves a bit ting, but how hard can it be to kill Necrons?

…so it turns out Lukas managed to swap out the Orks choppas with foam replicas while he was getting killed last game, because these Necrons will not go down. Not for long anyway. Our opponent is failing about 1 3+ save for every 15 wounds caused much to our surprise. Thankfully it’s not like they were dishing it out in return, and with nothing to shoot at the Monolith couldn’t do much. It tries to teleport the Necrons out of trouble but is just out of range. Gut Grinda hits the lines and rips up the Lord as the Nightbringer shows up and starts ripping up the local Ork unit. Without the Orb, Nob Power Klaws start doing their thing and the tin ‘eads start dropping like flies. By this point we are pushing for Phase out, and by the end of the third turn they decide there are betting things they could be doing and phase out.

That’s 2000 VP’s for us at the cost of 330.

While it was a bit of a cake walk, our opponents were pretty cool and the game was still fun.

Result: Victory – Phase Out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

26. - Top - End - #236

Question Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Hello, I'm working on a Necron Army right now, but I have no idea which way I should expand them.
    Army list:
    Spoiler
    Show

HQ
    Necron Lord
    Ressurection Orb
    Phase Shifter
    CHronometron

HQ Total: 180 points

Elites:
    5X Pariahs

Elites Total: 180 points

Troops:
    10X Warriors

10X Warriors

Troops Total: 360 points

Fast Attack:
    3X Destroyers

5X Scarab Swarms
    Disruptor Fields

Fast Attack Total: 230

Heavy Support:

1X Tomb Spyder

1X Monolith

Heavy Support Total: 290

Overall Total: 1200 points.

My overall thoughts are: Get 10X Flayed Ones with Disruptor Fields, then split 5 warriors between my current two squads for 1500 points. Is this a fair plan?
    Last edited by The_Final_Stand; 2010-06-29 at 10:39 AM.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

27. - Top - End - #237

You definately need more warriors. I think Flayed Ones are cool but I suspect they're not actually that good in game. I've never actually seen the new Necrons (yes, that's still how I think of them for some reason) been played despite the fact that my brother has collected Necrons since they debuted in 2nd ed.

28. - Top - End - #238

The story so far: We are doing well with 3 wins from 3 games and ranked second. 3 games to go!

Day 2 – Game 4

Spearhead, Capture and Control

Opponents: Orks and Orks, played by the only “Tourney Scum” at the event.

Pre-note:
    Spoiler
    Show

So, having had great matches we have been talking to our past opponents between games. Everyone has been great, but there have been muttering about “these guys from Dublin”. No one has had a fun game against these guys, and no-one want to play against them. They have been rude, obnoxious and downright patronising to the people they have played. These are the people that give tournament play a bad name, made worse by the fact that the other 70 players are here for fun and a real laugh to play with.

So, to keep the actual battle report clear of all the clutter that follows playing people like this, here is a quick note of their actions:
    -Despite one being a tournament organiser, they still showed up with an illegal list. They got called on it at the start though, and they just so happened to have enough models to make a legal list. Seems like they were trying to sneak that first list through the net.
    -They have had their warboss sneaking in with Snikrot in previous games to great effect. We are the first opponents who call them on this bull as it is blatantly not how the rules work. They whine that it should be fine “because it was allowed in the last Throne of Skulls tournament”. What they didn’t mention but we found out later was it was allowed because one of them was a ref there, and he was the one who said it was okay. A TO says to roll off, and the dice favour us.
    -Throughout the game they continually ‘forgot’ about rules or tried to ignore them to their advantage. It feels like they have bullied previous opponents into allowing it. Of course, I have read this rule book too many times for that to fly, and we shut them down every time by opening the rulebook. Prime example was when a trukk Kareened due to ramshackle. They tried to get it to go through woods, “No, it says in the codex it can’t”. They then try to get it to drive over a friendly vehicle “Because the codex doesn’t say anything about friendly units”. “They FAQ-ed that though, and it wouldn’t make sense” - “Well then show me the FAQ!”. Thankfully, we printed out every FAQ before coming down here and showed them the black and white. And then they tried to send it through the woods again. *sigh*
    -Finally, just being prats. Refusing to let anyone us their dice, snubbing us when we genuinely tried to help them, never smiling. Apparently winning at all costs is Serious Business.

Battle Report:
    Spoiler
    Show

They deploy first and set a line of 6 killa kans, 2 deff dreads, Mek with Shokk Attakk Gun, a trukk of boys and a Skorcha buggy. Snikrot is waiting for an opening with 10 Kommandos and Zagstruk is miles up in the air with 14 Stormboyz in reserve, along with 5 meganobz in a trukk and another trukk load of boys.

“Wow…that’s a lot of walkers.”

We set up far back as our objective is in the very corner of the table. Time to let the lootas earn their keep. With 60 Boys to use, we line them up along the table edges of the deployment zone. If Snikrot want to spoil the Lootas party he will have to walk a bit. This really irks our opponents since we have pretty much spoiled Snikrots fun.

The game begins and we exchange fire as the walkers walk forward. In the next turn Zagstruk drops in and aces his scatter, landing within 6” of the lootas. Damn, so much for that edge. Snikrot also pops on and charges the Orks. Over the next few turns we take out almost all of the walkers as a huge mosh pit breaks out with about 80 boys of various types. Eventually Zagstrukk is killed despite his hit and run antics and Snikrot is put down, but Yggdrasil got ripped up by Kans. We have a rhino of plague marines and 30 boys guarding our objective.

In the mean time our Nob bikers show up and put pressure on their objective, but are countered by mega Nobs coming on from reserves. In our last turn we rush a Skorcha Buggy (already weapon destroyed, so is essentially a grot on a half track) onto their objective. They shoot everything they have at it but only immobilize it. They decide not to assault it as the explosion might kill some Orks, despite me telling them that they are wrong when they say an immobilised vehicle can’t contest objectives. They tell me I’m wrong and it goes to our turn. The 5 minute warning has sounded and we agree to end it there since they say there is no way we could get both sides finished and it would be unfair if we got an extra turn. Keep an eye on this sentence for later in the tournament…

As they start counting up VP, I check the rulebook. Immobilised vehicles can contest an objective, which means we had won!
    However, despite how horrible they have been to play with, that would be a pretty sorry way to win a game, and we let them play out the assault phase they declined earlier. The Deff Dread kills the buggy and it goes back to a draw.

Result: draw.

The other top table also gets a draw, and so the tourney is blown wide open, it’s anyone’s game now!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

29. - Top - End - #239

@evisiron: Kudos for being a good sport even though they do not seem to be. G'luck in the rest of the tourney, nice reads so far.

30. - Top - End - #240

Note: Between games, we got nominated for Best Painted army! We didn’t win, but only 7 other teams of the 36 were asked to be judged, so we were pretty darn chuffed!

Day 2 – Game 5

Dawn of War, Seize ground with mandatory 5 objectives

Opponents: Space Marines (Red Scorpions) and Not-Ultramarine-but-I-still-wanted-to-paint-them-blue-Space-Marines.

Spoiler
    Show
    So here we are on table two, facing off against a man who has spent the entire tournament dressed in cardboard scout armour. Well, at least he is doing well and the costume is not just some gimmick…
    (Worth mentioning since the tournament was held within a convention Cos-players were about, so this isn’t quite as weird as it seems)

The objectives got scattered across the centre-ish line and they won the deployment roll off. Doesn’t look likes it’s going to be a Game 3 -esque cake walk again.
    A unit of tactical marines goes down and keeps the 60 boys back.
    Their first turn involves a heap of units coming on, including: Tactical marines in a land raiderwith their Captain, Cassius and Hammernators in another land raider, a vindicator, a whirlwind, foot slogging combat squad with their better half in a razorback and 1 landspeeder Storm full of scouts. Oh yeah and an Ironclad dreadnought Drop podding right in front of the Boys.

Then we learnt that the dread has Searchlights and lights up the Orks. So much for us being saved by nightfight. A heap of Orks bite the dust in the ensuing fire fight. Our opponent actually says “You’ve been Vindicated” after killing 6 with a Demolisher round. Nice. Our side rolls on and completely fails to do anything impressive shooting wise. Bad obliterators, bad bad obliterators! We told them to sit on the charger before the battle but noooo….

The Orks take matters into their own hands and succeed in wrecking the Dread in close combat. Yay! Now, FLEE TO THE WOODS!

On the other flank, Yggdrasil gets jumped by Cassius and the MC Hammer Tribute Group and is pulped to a paste. The Slugga boys manage to avenge him though, taking one down with slugga fire and chopping up the others over two turns. Huzzah for Buckets O’ Dice!

The nob bikers fly up the other side and eat the razor back and start running amuck while Plague Marines go and kill the land raider (I know, they did something other than taking all the glory, haven’t seen that in a while, right?)

Now for that pesky Vindicator. Warboss Gut Grinda rolls up and swings his power klaw at it, only to miss all six of the 4+ attacks. Presumably he tried to show off by pulling a wheelie again. Live and learn I suppose… or maybe not since it’s their turn next.

True to form, the vindicator rolls back 6” and scores a direct hit on the warboss with a Demolisher round… only for it to fail to wound. “No Vindication for me today, thanks anyway!” The marines are running low on units and low on options as Cassius is chewed up in the assault phase. The plague marines tie up the tactical squad while shooting ravages the scouts.

Our turn. The Warboss tries it again, this time stuffing the attack squig down the barrel while they reload. 3 howl filled seconds later the Squig reappears bloated with Tank Crew Chutney. The Nob, having dealt with the terminators, rips the tracks off the landraider to stop it rolling forward to contest. The game ends with us controlling 2 objectives, with the other three being contested or ignored.

Result: Victory.

So, we stand at 4 victories, 1 draw. We are top of the tournament table, as 'those guys' from the previous game only scored a draw against the other big hitters. It all comes down to the final, and it's against those Ork players.

Final round battle rep coming up next!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!