New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Apprentices of Damia (IC)

The city of Damia bustles with business and the affairs one would associate with a capital city, especially one built by mages. A city run both by the guilds and a small council of mages, Damia rises out of the dusty plain a lush megalith in the stark nature around it.

But most people don't get to see the impressive vistas and wonderous marvels of Damia. No, most are trapped in the shadow of the great towers, titanic cathedrals and floating libraries of the mages and priests of Damia. In this shadow live those who would be the next generation of import, apprentices to great men and women who came before, all living in the crowded apprentices district, a place of learning and competition. Today, two apprentices are having a duel over some slight or another, and a small crowd has gathered.
    Last edited by Sir_Chivalry; 2010-08-07 at 01:21 AM.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Apprentices of Damia (IC)

A nondescript human male dressed in basic mage robes stands nearby, watching the duel with a slight sardonic smile on his lips. He carries a bladed staff made of wrought-iron with ivory inlays in one hand lazily, and with the other he gestures to his companion, a fellow apprentice, this one female, who leans on his shoulder happily as he talks. "See Tania, I told you they'd fight it out. He can't control his impulses. Should be a fine duel though." He smiles wider, and kisses her on the cheek as the duel begins.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

This is Phineas. Thanks to his Shiftweave and alter self at will, he can look like basically anyone whenever he wants to (which is all the time).

Tania is some random apprentice I just invented that he's been *ahem*romancing*ahem* (). Hope that's fine.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    A nondescript human male dressed in basic mage robes stands nearby, watching the duel with a slight sardonic smile on his lips. He carries a bladed staff made of wrought-iron with ivory inlays in one hand lazily, and with the other he gestures to his companion, a fellow apprentice, this one female, who leans on his shoulder happily as he talks. "See Tania, I told you they'd fight it out. He can't control his impulses. Should be a fine duel though." He smiles wider, and kisses her on the cheek as the duel begins.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

This is Phineas. Thanks to his Shiftweave and alter self at will, he can look like basically anyone whenever he wants to (which is all the time).

Tania is some random apprentice I just invented that he's been *ahem*romancing*ahem* (). Hope that's fine.
    Tania blushes from the show of affection, and grabs tightly onto Phineas' robes when the flashy spells start firing.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

A tiny, brown-haired phanaton with unusually neat hair stands uncomfortably close to the duel, apparently watching so intently that he is unaware of the danger he's currently in. His big, round brown eyes matching his hair flicker from duelist to duelist behind little eyeglasses, noting their movements and offenses with keen interest.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

A hulk of a man watches the festivities from a few rows back. Head above the crowd, his view is unimpeded. "An excellent show, but nothing more than that." he says to no one in particular. "The duelists have much passion, much pride... but no real desire to do harm! One will yield and the other will accept. No danger is truly present." The big man seems almost disgusted at his own revelation.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Overhearing the hulkers comment, Phineas responds over the crowd, "Ah, but there is risk! Reputation, my good man, reputation! When one has that on the line, they'll do anything to protect it."

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

7. - Top - End - #7

Opol turns around, looking at Phineas, pushing his eyeglasses up his tiny nose closer to big brown eyes. I find that a besmirched reputation can be as enjoyable as one not so! It's certainly more often interesting, is it not? Opol hops a little as he says this.

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be using each disguise's name when Roan is using it, though thoughts will be narrated with Roan in mind.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-08-10 at 01:56 AM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the duelists, a willowy man in green robes, is battered aside by his opponent's spells, and falls into the crowd. The duel appears to be over.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

"And the smaller man yields..." The giant man seems saddened as he turns to leave, nearly tripping over Opol. "What in the name of Caex's merciful blade?!" shouts the man, barely managing not to topple over. "What are you doing so low to the ground? Are you trying to get yourself squished?"
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2010-08-14 at 12:58 PM.
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey now big fellow, no call to be snappy. What say we all go get a drink and relax a bit? He can apologize, everyone wins!" Phineas flashes the larger man a disarming smile.

11. - Top - End - #11

Ignoring Phineas, Opol replies, a bit disgruntled. It's called height. You, of all people, should know that. At least, that's what I thought. I suppose I was quick to blanket intelligence as a common trait of apprentices.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"You're right, of course... The both of you. I extend my most gracious apologies. How about we do as he suggested," the man pauses to indicate Phineas. "and I buy you a drink?"
    Fluff | Crunch

13. - Top - End - #13

Opol looks at the towering man, then shrugs with his tiny shoulders. I'll join you, if you like.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Come, come! I know a tavern not far from here that's quite nice." Phineas motions to Tania, and starts walking in the direction of the nearest tavern.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know squat about this setting, so I'm just gonna have you make up a tavern I guess. Phineas is the sorta guy who'd know every tavern in town and thinks they're all "nice" in some way or another, so he's just gonna walk towards the closest one and hope the others come with.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

The big man tags along behind his new acquaintance, occasionally shooting embarrassed looks towards the squirrelman.
    Fluff | Crunch

16. - Top - End - #16

Opol shrugs again and follows the curious "biggies," now smiling slightly.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The Broken Scion, a tavern in these parts, is fairly empty at this hour, most people still working. The barmaid washes down tables and mops the floor, and spotting your group, does her best to straighten out her dress and smile wide.

"Hello, what can I get for you today? Pint of bitter? Pint of lager? Meat pie?"

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

The big man smiles broadly as he says "I'll have a lager! What'll it be for you, my little friend?" The man turns to Opol as he says the last bit. "Say, what's your name, anyway?"
    Fluff | Crunch

19. - Top - End - #19

...Call me Opol. The little phanaton smiles awkwardly, as if not sure whether to smile at all.

And I'll have what you're having, big one!
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"Two lagers, then, please; one for me, and one for my friend Opol, here."
    Fluff | Crunch

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"The normal, miss! And whatever the lady would like." He gestures to Tania as he speaks, and then sits around the table with the others.

"You both seem interesting enough fellows, though such is a greenie a dozen these days, yes?" He grins wide. "Oh yes, introductions! You may call me Phineas, if you wish."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"Greetings, Phineas! I am Roth." Catching the barmaid's attention, he indicated for her to put Phineas's order on his tab as well.
    Fluff | Crunch

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The barmaid nods, then disappears into the back for a long time.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24

Well, the drinks are taking long enough, eh? What say we have some fun while we're waiting?
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"I can agree to this. What did you have in mind, friend?"
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2010-09-02 at 05:35 PM.
    Fluff | Crunch

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"Ha! You offer fun? What did you have in mind, Opol?"

27. - Top - End - #27

Opol shrugs his tiny shoulders. Does it matter? We could spar, pretend to be drunk, jump on the tables...endless possibilities in a tavern!
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"Hah! You don't go out much, do you, Opol? You must be subtle in your fun." Phineas looks around and finds his target, a waitress delivering some drinks to a nearby table. He casts a magister's tricks, and as the drinks are set down, they all turn neon pink. He gives a chuckle as the drinkers realize what's happened, then dismisses the effect.

29. - Top - End - #29

I like your style...perhaps I'll have something to add. Hold on. Opol stands up, skittering underneath a table with a couple of patrons. Pulling out his O'Ryan's razor, he starts to discreetly shave legs. He brushes every leg with his tail for good measure, and then, a moment later, his tool is hidden and Opol is sitting, once more, next to Phineas and Roth, watching the two patrons look down at their legs in disbelief, and for the man, anger.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, a fine effort, but lacking style." Using magister's tricks again, Phineas reduces the temperature in the area of those people's legs by a good amount, enough to cause them to get cold, then he sharply raises it again, and laughs at the discomfort this causes. "If a trick doesn't cause any discomfort or anguish, what's the point, eh?"