New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Setonian Empire [the search]

This is the continue of the Setonian Empire [the breakout] game.

*Jongluer - Marcuus Nero (human champion)
    http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3113
    *Yawielas - Vanwa (elf rogue) http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=2929
    *Geech - Krahl (orc barbarian) http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=64
    *Truwar - Butch (bugbear rogue) http://www.planetadnd.com/3eprofiler/view.php?id=4409

Currently NPC-ed:
    *Falon - Jisika Nar'trish (drow bard) http://www.planetadnd.com/3Eprofiler/view.php?id=2367
    *Uthuk - Martin Redwing (human bard) http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=3096

[hr]
    The night passed quickly and in a very satisfying manner. You feel yourself fresh, clean, full of energy and ready to go wherever fate takes you.

From the directions you were given and a crappy map you saw down in the common room you know that from now on your travels will lead you north, across Ciwelty and the High Plains before hopefully find the legendary shelter of the drow.

Just before you were to leave a well-dressed human approached your group.
    "My the road be smooth to walk on, travelers! Might I ask you where you are headed?"
    The human hasa pleasant face, and by his yellow robe and accent you guess that his a local merchant.
    Last edited by amanodel; 2006-11-20 at 06:01 PM.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Setonian Empire [the search]

Elysia glances at the others, before replying non-commitally:"North..."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Butch

Butch inhales deeply and releases a cloud of bluish smoke, grinning at the man he asks.

Just out ta see the world, so as ta have somthin’ ta tell our grandkids when we're all aged and wrinkly. Why do ya ask?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4

"Oh forgive my manners, I even forgot to introduce myself. My name is Bounamelloran Tevel. I trade in goods all over the land. Now my travels will take me to the Southern lands, but I still have a business needing to be taken care of."

Then he reaches into his pocket before continuing.

"A costumer of mine, living in Shtonebridge in the High Plains awaits a delivery, but as I said I cannot go there now, and I found no caravans heading there. And I don't really trust the other merchants. So what I would ask from you is to deliver this item to my shopkeeper in Shtonebridge. For a fair payment of course. What do you say?"

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia's ears perk up at the mention of payment. "What sort of item, and how much?"

6. - Top - End - #6

"I'll give you 50 gold pieces now, and you get 50 from my shopkeeper as well. Lot of money fora single delivery, you say? Well, it worths it."

He pulls his hand out of his pocket, holding a beautiful ring.

"It's a magical ring, altough it has little use for you or anyone else, since you don't know the activating words."

7. - Top - End - #7

Butch

Butch regards the man shrewdly then takes the cigar from his mouth, bluish smoke leaking sinuously from his mouth as he addresses the Merchant.

So… I am guessin’ there be a might o’ danger involved in this delivery, else ya would o’ given this to a merchant ta bring. I know ya said ya don’t trust the other merchants but ya trust a pack o’ strangers more? No, I think you were lookin’ fer muscle to get this ring ta where it needs ta be safely, and if its muscle you were lookin’ fer that is exactly whatchya found.

Things is, on accountta this not really bein’ just a daisy-skip to the next town, we are gonna need more than one hundred gold fer the lot o’ us. Seven hundred gold and ya got yerself a deal, two hundred now and five hundred on delivery. More than a fair price fer the safe delivery of such a fancy ring, wouldn’t ya say? Besides, the five hundred waitin’ fer us in the next town will be a nice bit o’ insurance fer you that we won’t go runnin’ off with that bauble, not that we would ever do such a dastardly thing, but insurance in comfortin’ notheless, aint it?

((Butch is haggling with the Merchant, he is not really expecting to be paid 700 gp but he figured it was a good starting point in the bidding. Diplomacy Roll: 14+5 =19))
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

"700 gold pieces? Are you trying to ruin me, good sir?" - turns the merchant to Butch.
    "Indeed some muscle would be helpful, but my concern is that you don't look like the sort of people who worth robbing. The border territories between Ciwelty and High Plains are dangerous, and a lone merchnt travelling there will be likely to get robbed blind by some desertour forces."

He stops for a moment before continuing on.

"But you're right, I'll increase my offer. 100 gp now, 300 when delivered. I can't offer much more, given the ring's value."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Martin

Watching Butch haggle, Martin just hangs back and daydream.

10. - Top - End - #10

Butch

Leaning back in his chair and spreading his hands wide, Butch takes another drag on his cigar and declares.

Well, now, we might not look like much to ya but we treasure our own lives sumthin’ dear. How about ya pay us 180 now and 350 on delivery ta take this magic ring on the harrowin’ trek though deadly dangerous, bandit infested, badlands that you’re proposin’?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus watches in stoney silence letting his frame expanded by his hidden armor do much of his speaking. He is waiting to step in if things go awry with the bargain, but in the meantime he let's his own body sway the merchant.

((Intimidate to make us seem a bit stronger, the man more pliable, just making us seem like we should be paid a tad more and that this ring will definately make it safely. Intimidate: 17+3=20))
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

12. - Top - End - #12

The merchant smiles as he hears the new offer of Butch.

"You're sure you're from a foreign land? You bargain nearly as relentlessly as a true Ciweltian, my friend. I'd like to bargain with you for a while but my ship awaits."

He pulls out a small bag from a pocket under his robes and holds it in front of Butch.

"150 gold pieces now, 350 on delivery. My last offer, dear sir."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus nods at Butch to accept it.
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia grins. "Your ring will be safe with us, sir."

15. - Top - End - #15

Butch

With a nod to Marcuus and a wink at Elysia, Butch leans lazily back in his chair and exhales, sending fat concentric rings of smoke from his mouth as he grins at the merchant’s praise.

Well, now. I always been fond o’ you merchants, don’tcha know.

Butch takes the bag of coins from the merchant and weighs it in his palm before slipping it under his shirt.

We’ll get yer ring to yer friend. Just tell us where we need to take it and who this buddy o’ yours be.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Martin

Smileing at the haggling foursome, Martin start playing a small tune on his pipe while waiting for the deal to settle.

17. - Top - End - #17

"Well then..."

The merchant gets a pergamen scrolls and quickly writes some note on it, and then gives it to Butch as well. The letter contains specific directions to you contact, and a text that tells the shopkeeper to give you 350 gold pieces. At the bottom of the paper you can find the signature of the Merchant.

Then he gives a small bag to you, with the magic ring inside.

"Farewell, and take my best wishes or your travels!"

Then the merchant leaves.

18. - Top - End - #18

Butch

As soon as the merchant leaves Butch stands up and heads to the bar. After procuring another large mug of ale he signals everyone to follow him to his room at the back of the Inn.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia jumps down from her chair and follows Butch, nibbling on a piece of dried meat. "Perhaps we can get you a mule as well, now. That way you won't slow us down." She grins impishly.

20. - Top - End - #20

Martin

Martin puts away his pipe and starts to follow butch and in an amused tone "That sounds like a good idea, those legs looked abit unused to long walks"

21. - Top - End - #21

Butch

Yeah, walkin' aint exactly me thing, but I pitty the poor mule that has ta haul me carcass around... Maybe if I got me a cart and a mule... A cart with a padded seat...

Grins to himself and takes another drag of his cigar, bluish smoke creeping upwards about his head as he considers this idea.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, let's see the gold." Elysia stands on her tippy toes, almost bouncing up and down.

23. - Top - End - #23

Butch

Butch roars in laughter at Elysia’s eagerness and walks over to the door of his room, opening the door and making sure nobody is listening at it, then closing it tight and locking it firmly. Turning back to the room he winks at Elysia and pours the gold onto a table.

Now THAT’S a girl that has her priorities straight!

Grinning, Butch separates the gold into 6 piles of 25 coins, sliding a pile to each of the party members.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Martin

"Now that is a sight for sore eyes for sure. This beats the coppers I see at my performances and watching the sheep."

Martin bounces a couple coins on his knuckles then put them all away in his purse.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Elysia gives a delighted sound and puts her gold away into her belt pouch, cupping her hand under it to feel the weight. "I'm going to the market again tomorrow, before we leave."

26. - Top - End - #26

Smiles at Elysia.

Mind if I join ya? I need ta get me cart.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't mind. I need to get some clothes and maybe a few other things. And we should get supplies. Perhaps everyone could chip in and buy a tent?"

28. - Top - End - #28

Martin

I was thinking of buying a tent as well, I guess we need a few anyhow? One for the women and two more for the rest of us?
    I'll come as well if that's alright, always nice to look around.

29. - Top - End - #29

That's a lot o' gold! Why don't we just buy us some canvas and attack it to the cart I'm goin' ta be buyin'? The ladies have been sleepin' with us fellas under the stars just fine. I don't think we need a seperate place fer 'em ta sleep, just because we have a roof over our heads.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Canvas is fine with me, and I don't need no special sleeping arrangements, since I don't really sleep. "