New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Setonian Empire [the search]

Martin

Martin watched the brawl from the sidelines, confident that the others would sort it out in a fairly quick way.

"Well, a nice punch there Krahl"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure, I'm fine", Elysia hiccups to the barmaid. "Hey, how come yer so tall?" she adds to Lyssa's back as she hurries back to work. "Yeah....that John is a right jerk..." Elysia gives the unconscious man another kick for good measure, then goes back to the table to have another drink.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl seemed ready to attack the others, but when they turn to leave he pauses then sits back on his heels, looking around to make sure everyone is ok. The weaklings know their place well. The tribe is safe. Hearing Martin comliment him, Krahl looks over. He grins and points a thumb at his chest, "Krahl strong." he states, nodding his head.
    Brazil still thinks you're cute.

Current Games:

4. - Top - End - #64

Martin

Martin smiles and nods at Krahl, "Indeed you are my friend."

Glanceing over at Elysia and with a small grin, "You might want to slow down abit on the drinking, you'll thank me tomorrow if nothingelse"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely looks wide eyed at Martin. "Oh? Uh.....allright...If you say so." She smiles.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

After Elysia kicks the uncoscious man, Butch helps his attackers to bring out the orc from the inn. He's a good boy. Than he counts all the money somehow appeared in his hand during the "helping". It's 2 golds and 4 silvers.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

Butch

Hey lads, twas a good brawl, no harm no foul.

He chuckles as he “helps” the two men drag their companions out of the inn the heads back into the common room, humming a jaunty tune. He slips Lyssa a two gold piece tip for her troubles as he joins the others. A wry grin on his face he looks down at the slightly swaying Elysia.

Good ta see yer still in one piece but I think Martin’s got the right o’ it missy, maybe ya should ease up on the booze, just a bit. Ever tried smokin’?

With a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, Butch removes some tobacco from his pouch and prepares to roll her a cigar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nah, not really..." Ely watches Butch roll up a cigar. "But I cannot imagine breathing in smoke is any good..." She sips her drink, but carefully, watching Martin with one eye.

9. - Top - End - #69

Butch

Butch starts to disagree with Elysia then stops for a moment, looking consideringly at the acrid curl of smoke snaking sinuously from the tip of his cigar as if seeing it for the first time. He pulls the thick roll of tobacco from his mouth and stares at the smoldering end, seeming to consider it for a moment then shrugging and shoving it back in his mouth he takes a pleased puff and sends another cloud of blue smoke into the air.

Well, whatever suits ya missy.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

Martin

Martin holds up his hands in a defensive way, and with a laugh "Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything fancy if you decide to enjoy the evening. Was just a piece of friendly advice."

Martin sits back and sips his first ale.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely giggles a bit and watches the smoke curling it's way to the ceiling from Butch's cigar. "S' pretty..." She rests her head on her arms leaning on the table and sighs happily.

12. - Top - End - #72

Default r liquorRe: Setonian Empire [the search]

Butch chuckles as he looks at Ely.

Well! She can hold 'er own, but she sure can't hold her liquor!

Chuckles as he expertly blows rings of blue smoke, occasionally drinking from his glass of wine and enjoying the evening.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely raises her head from the table and huffs. "Hah! I can to hold my liquor! Watch!" She lifts her mug and holds it high. Then she giggles again. "An' I'm not affected at all! I could climb the walls of this place with no trouble whatsoever, or the roof, an' not even *hic* not even stumble."

14. - Top - End - #74

Butch chokes in laughter at Elysia's comment, sending a geyser of cigar smoke from his mouth and nostrils.

Climb the walls! Missy, iffin' you fell out o' yer chair, I would wager ya couldn't climb back in that chair, iffin ya fell out!

Butch continues to roar with laughter, tears streaming from his eyes as he waves his cigar about, fighting for breath between paroxysms of laughter.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh yeah?! How much you wager?" Ely sets her mug down and tumbles out of her chair.

16. - Top - End - #76

Martin

Martin grins and just shakes his head.

She will definately regret this tomorrow

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elysia takes a deep breath and climbs up to her chair. She was rather good, managing to sit back for the second try.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely crosses her arms over her chest and sits back with a "Hah!" look on her face.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl watches Ely's antics curiously, not really paying attention to much of anything.
    Brazil still thinks you're cute.

Current Games:

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely decides it's time for another trip outside, then she'll retreat to her room, which she probably shares with Jisika.

21. - Top - End - #81

Butch

Butch eyes Elysia as she stumbles towards the door, getting to his feet and joining her.

Ain’t you a bit sauced ta go wanderin’ out in the dark alone, missy?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely ponders for a moment. "Hmm....Maybe...But where I'm going, you can't follow." She giggles a bit, and continues outside.

23. - Top - End - #83

Butch

Fully aware of how thugs and rogues act, Butch follows behind Elysia, a sharp eye out for trouble as he addresses her genially.

Well, I wasn’t suggestin’ I sit on yer lap, while ya take care o’ business. How about I just walk ya to the outhouse. Don’t want anybody snatchin’ yer purse or you fer that matter…

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure, 'llright", she responds, zigzagging along.

25. - Top - End - #85

Butch

Butch chuckles and reaches down to steady Elysia, all the while keeping an eye out for trouble.

Yer starin’ ta sound like me missy! You really HAVE had too much ta drink.

Still warmly chuckling he helps her with the door and stands guard outside.

Don’t fall in missy! Yer backside is a mite skinny and I don’t fancy pullin’ ya outta the middens!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna...." Then comes the sound of someone being sick as Ely throws up. She comes out again after a short while, looking a little green. "I don't feel so good...."

27. - Top - End - #87

Chuckling, Butch thinks back to the first time he got drunk. He was not much taller than Elysia and running with a pack of street rats. He had stolen his first purse and (as was the custom of his gang) had to spend all of the money he had taken on alcohol and drink it. He had managed to rob a rich merchant… Glancing down at Elysia, his memories of that night evoke true empathy for the sick little elf.

Ya look a tad unsteady, missy. Let me give ya a hand.

Scooping the small elf into his arms with surprising gentleness, Butch carries Elysia back to the Inn, taking care to walk a smoothly as possible, so as not to jostle her sensitive stomach.

As Butch comes into the inn, he lets the others know that he is carrying Elysia up to her room. He steps carefully up the stairs and lays her down on her bed. He then goes and gets a chamber pot, laying it on the floor next to her.

Well, I’ll say this missy. Yer big on spunk, iffin a bit short on common sense. Course, that’s probably why I like ya so much. Now, I would tie that hair o’ yers back ta start with. Trust me, you’ll thank me later. As soon as ya feel settled enough we’ll try ta get some food in ya.

Butch tosses her a leather strip to tie her hair back with and settles into a chair. He takes out a cigar and is about to light it when he looks at the green little elf and slides it back into his pocket.

Don’t worry missy, you’ll get the hang o’ drinkin’, soon enough. Everybody does this the first time...

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

The elf girl seems practically weightless when Butch picks her up, and her bones can clearly be felt through her skin and clothes, although she's filled out a bit in the last couple of weeks. Back in the room, she accepts the leather strip and ties her hair back, before sinking down on the bed, groaning. She mutters incoherently: "My master would sometimes get drunk, but 'e didn' get sick...only mad...But 'e said better 'ave a clear 'ead when doin' business or on the job...not to get caught...Drunks make lousy thieves...and lousier spies..."

29. - Top - End - #89

Let me give ya bit o’ advice, missy. Ya, don’t want ta be a thief, or a spy, or a whatever all the time. Iffin yer a thief all the time, how ya gonna enjoy yer spoils? Ya gotta look beyond what ya HAVE ta do, and focus a bit on what ya WANT ta do. It’s ok ta be on the top o’ yer game when it’s go time, but ya gotta relax, now and then too. Course, far as I’m concerned, you should spend as much as yer life as possible enjoyin’ it.

By the way, yer old master... he still alive?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah...I s'pose...He ran into some fina..finic..fincia...some money trouble and had to sell me to the mines..." Ely curls up on the bed. "Is good to be free...But right now, not so good...."