New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Setonian Empire [the search]

((To follow them, yes, but I need to find them first.))
    Brazil still thinks you're cute.

Current Games:

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krahl starts to search to tracks left by Jisika, but it seems hopeless first. His eyees are used to track armies of mounted orcs, not a single, especially lightweigt drow.

But after a time he somehw manages to find some tracks, leading to a single tree upon a hill, where the tracks quickly end.

After effortlssly searching around the tree four times, he spots a letter nailed to the opposite site of the tree.

My Friends,

It was a hard decision, but I cannot let you to help me, not after the death of Fahd. I'm going to find the place myself, please wish me your best lucks

Jisika
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

Martin

Martin wakes up and swing his head back and forth squinting at the light. "What did you say... I just heard some muffled noises and I guess I took abit more than I thought to drink...."

((damn I keep missing the thread))

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl grabs the note and rushes back with it to the others. He seems quite pleased with himself. "Krahl track-find paper!

((Of course Krahl hasn't read the note, because he can't read. He also doesn't have the Track feat, so he is really lucky to have found anything.))

Current Games:

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely reads the note, nodding to herself. ".....I thought as much...She left on her own." She hand the letter to whoever's closest.

6. - Top - End - #246

Martin

Martin walks over to Krahl and Elysia to see what's happening.

"Did I hear correctly, Jis left on her own? To where?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jisika didn't want to risk any more of us, after Fahd....Well, she left sometime during the night, to find her own way home..."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl becomes concerned. "Friend Jiska brave. Leaving tribe stupid. Much safety in tribe."

Current Games:

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

Butch sits on the ground and pulls out a cigar, thoughtfully rolling it between his fingers as he contemplates the current situation.

So, do ya think we’re gonna be able ta follow Jisika? We aint got a tracker among us. She didn’t have much in the way o’ provisions though, maybe we can track her from town ta town. A dark elf should stick out in these little towns like a streetwalker in a…

Butch looks at Elysia and coughs a bit, not finishing his charming anecdote about “streetwalkers”.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely sighs. "We have to try. We promised." She starts packing up her stuff, getting ready to leave.

11. - Top - End - #251

Butch begins to grumble under his breath about how HE never made a promise to help Jisika find her mysterious “homeland” and how she had chosen to leave them, not the other way around when he sees the determined look in Elysia’s eyes and sighs heavily.

Ok, looks like we’re goin’ after her. Seein’ as how we aint got a tracker among us, we had better head fer the nearest town and start askin’ after our little runaway.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252

Martin

"She can't have gotten that far for sure, she has next to no provisions as you said. We did promise her to find the home, so I for one will be trying to fullfill that promise.
    I try to keep my promises."

Martin starts getting his gear muttering about drinking too much...

13. - Top - End - #253

You get ready soon, and head after the reckless Jisika. You've been travelling for a couple of hours when you spot a small group of horsemen advancing upon you.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely shades her eyes with her hand and tries to count the riders. "I hope that's not another band of brigands...Maybe they've seen Jisika, though..."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl keeps his eyes on the riders, ready to defend his tribe if they turn out to be hostile.

Current Games:

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus was silent throughout the Jisika affair, still wobbly from the death of Fahd and now the relatively weak Jisika out on the high roads alone. With a silent prayer he set up to head after her.
    Now with the approach of the horsemen he looks worried, "Hopefully fortune shall smile upon us here."

((Sorry, I've been busy the past few days, the thread must've escaped my notice))
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

17. - Top - End - #257

A snarl curls the lips of the normally genial Butch as they discuss the approaching riders.

They’d better not be lookin’ fer trouble, cus I’m in the mood ta give it out in spades tahday.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258

As the horsemen get coser to you, you can clearly see them now. The riders are covered in shiney metal, a kind of armour you've never seen before. They carry kite shields and you can see a lot of maces, war axes, swords and lances at them. Marcuus can identify them as Highplainer knights.

"In the name of the king, stop right there, trespassers! Who are you and what brings you to our holy kingdom?"

The leaders asks in Seton language, but with a slight French-like accent.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely glances at Marcuus. These looked more like his kind of people, perhaps it would be best to let him do the talking...

20. - Top - End - #260

Martin

Martin steps up so he stands a few steps behind Marcuus and waits silently.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus reigns up and calls out to the Knights as he opens forth his cloak, revealing the blues of Seton, "Hail fair knights! I am Marcuus Nero of Seton, Missionary of Trithereon, we did not mean to tresspass but we were trying to escape from Ciwelty borders in search of one of our lost companions. I nor my friends meant any disrespect to you or the King." He gives a flourishing bow as he finishes.
    Proud Founder of the K.A.A.F. (Kill All Aasimars Foundation)&&Bakar: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=569&&Marcuus: http://www.sylnae.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=583&&Table Top Review Online- http://ttronline.com/

22. - Top - End - #262

The knight thinks long bfeore answering.

"I don't want to be disrespecful, Sir Nero, but it's war time, and any trespassers are to be viewed with extreme caution. Sir Monternieu will accompany you to our campsite where my lord will decide what to do."

A tall, blonde knight steps ahead, bows and adresses Marcuus.

"Greetings, Sir Nero. Follow me please."

Some paiges bring a horse to Marcuus, but not for the others. Then the knight starts riding his horse away from the others, heading for the camp.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus nods to the rest of them and steps to them and whispers, "Well, hopefully they'll be able to help us find Jisika, in the meantime I don't know how they view you, most likely as hired guards or servants. I think it best not to explain that we are companions till we are before their lord, the men might not understand. Shall we?" He says gesturing towards the horseman riding away. He then makes his way to the horse, thanking the paiges as he mounts up, within a few moments he has the beast heading towards the camp keeping a pace with the rest of the party.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Ely nods and directs her mule after Marcuus' horse. She glances at the others.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Krahl

Krahl pulls his lips back in a snarl and straightening his back to get as much out of his 5 foot height as possible. At Marcuus's polite greeting, he looks over and stops himself from directly confronting the knights. Instead he says, "Krahl trust not shiny humans."

Current Games:

26. - Top - End - #266

Butch pats the burly Orc on the shoulder.

Easy boyo, these aint the same type o' fellers as the one's we tangled with earlier. In fact, iffin we play our cards right, we might be able to collect our bounty from these fellas. Armies aint to big on deserters.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

Martin

Martin follows a few steps behind Marcuus and nods and a smile, "I am your service master."

28. - Top - End - #268

After an hour of travelling, you arrive at a huge campsite, filled with knights, just arriving froma battle, preparing for another.

Sir Monternieu tells you to wait him while he's back, and goes searching for the leader. The warriors at the camp give you an untrusting look, sizing you up, but they do not approach you. Several minutes passed, but Sir Monternieu haven't came back.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcuus whispers to Martin, "Interesting, they should've at least recognized our presence officially by now." He removes his cloak completely and then gestures for one of the many paiges about to take their horse back, when they come he says, "Boy, do you know where the leader of the camp is?"

30. - Top - End - #270

Butch hunkers down next to a cook fire and lights one of his cigars in the flames. Reaching in his jacket he pulls one out and offers it to Elysia while whispering to her.

Whelp we’re in a kettle o’ codfish now missy. I’m just hopin’ our axe totin’ buddy don’t decide that he don’t like these shinies neither. If things get too nasty, I’m gonna pick ya up and run fer it. Yer legs aint quite long enough ta keep up, iffin we gotta split all quick like. But hopefully it won’t come ta that…

Butch takes another puff of his cigar, his deceptively casual glance eying the camp and plotting the best escape route.
    Spoiler
    Show