New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: OOC Thread 9

First. That Hado 99 I made can level a city. It doesn't just create (up to fifty) fiery dragons. Each of those things explodes like a tactical nuke.

Second. I am actually wondering if having that Kido at 89 isn't actually too high, in thesis the same effect could be achieved with a Tenteikura followed by a garganta or senkaimon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Level 99 also takes forever to cast, a large downside compared to the casting time of the summon. Also, most of the time you aren't fighting a massive number of foes, just enough so that summoning a Captain-level ally will make the fight much easier.

Also, if you summon this guy he does all the work for you. 0 risk of death, because he's gonna kill them/defeat them/whatever without you having to risk yourself in a fight.

Even if he doesn't do anything...he can't be unsummoned without some kind of chant, so if you summon him in the middle of a battle and the opponent attacks them, I assume he fights back. And probably owns them. And then you can unsummon him without paying the cost, or at least is as far as my assumption goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    The summon is also a Forbidden Spell. Which, are usually stronger then...ya know. Not forbidden spells.
    I didn't think Forbidden Spells were assigned numbers, being forbidden. No point in cataloging spells that you're not supposed to cast.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-06-22 at 10:57 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I didn't think Forbidden Spells were assigned numbers, being forbidden. No point in cataloging spells that you're not supposed to cast.
    They had to have them before they became Forbidden.The Kido Corp still knows their numbers. And I have written them on the master list as such

I still don't think its all that powerful. He can still be killed. Desummoned. And has no practical application during combat, where the owner can just get sliced through the face while trying to get him to work for him.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Out of curiosity, what happens when he dies? Can he be summoned again, or does the spell just fail (or worse)?

And if that's the case, shouldn't there be a new Wu Wei 89?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Even if he doesn't do anything...he can't be unsummoned without some kind of chant, so if you summon him in the middle of a battle and the opponent attacks them, I assume he fights back. And probably owns them. And then you can unsummon him without paying the cost, or at least is as far as my assumption goes.
    Ummm... the Huntsman can move around non-magically, as well. He also can be summoned and unsummoned, because he has the power to do so. So if he's summoned in the middle of a fray, he could just poof on his own whim.

That said, if the Huntsman can singlehandedly win your enemy, he can win you. And he can track you down. So... try to play tricks on him in such situation would be really, really stupid and dangerous. Much more so than just using Haien to blast an enemy.

Also, whether summoning the Huntsman is forbidden or not I'll leave for you to decide. Do you think it deserves to be one?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if it doesn't actually compel him to do anything, then it should probably be somewhere in the 30's, because all it does is serve as a teleportation spell for a specific person. People can teleport by themselves.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, if it doesn't actually compel him to do anything, then it should probably be somewhere in the 30's, because all it does is serve as a teleportation spell for a specific person. People can teleport by themselves.
    It does compel him to serve, but bartering the price is part of the spell. And it isn't only teleportation, it is fetching him instantaneously from where-ever he is, outfitting him with his weaponry, allowing him to speak past language barriers, and so on. But you might be right 89 is too high - taking this into consideration, how high would you place it?

Also, you haven't replied to the idea of him being Armin's ancestor.

Out of curiosity, what happens when he dies? Can he be summoned again, or does the spell just fail (or worse)?
    Possibly, the spell stores part of his lifeforce somewhere, so if he is wounded in potentially lethal way, he is spirited away to his secret hideout to recover. That said, he can be killed if he's met outside the influence of the spell - who will be summoned after he's gone is a mystery. The spell will always summon someone... but who, is open at the moment.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-22 at 11:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    It does compel him to serve, but bartering the price is part of the spell. And it isn't only teleportation, it is fetching him instantaneously from where-ever he is, outfitting him with his weaponry, allowing him to speak past language barriers, and so on. But you might be right 89 is too high - taking this into consideration, how high would you place it?

Also, you haven't replied to the idea of him being Armin's ancestor.
    *Thinks* What about...75?

As far as summons go, I definitely prefer this to some of the other ideas that had been bartered initially. The Huntsman's entry isn't too bad.

tgva8889: Armin looks solid as well.

Possibly, the spell stores part of his lifeforce somewhere, so if he is wounded in potentially lethal way, he is spirited away to his secret hideout to recover. That said, he can be killed if he's met outside the influence of the spell - who will be summoned after he's gone is a mystery. The spell will always summon someone... but who, is open at the moment.
    I would lean against it always summoning "someone". This sounds more like something that's been arranged consciously by the Huntsman, in a sort of "contract". If he dies, that contract is broken. It would need to be "remade" in some manner. At least, that would be my take. Summoning fully independent beings like the Huntsman should be rare, and not automatic or anything.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-06-22 at 11:14 AM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #39

And if that's the case, shouldn't there be a new Wu Wei 89?
    No? There are probably more then 1 spell in the #89 range, and not all of them are forbidden. Just because a spell gets taken off the list dosn't mean another goes and takes its place.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-06-22 at 11:13 AM.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

But if he is summoned and not bartered with immediately, then he can just leave, thus defeating the purpose. Maybe making the offering should be part of the casting so that random tricks like summoning him in the way of your opponent's cero are less viable?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I would lean against it always summoning "someone". This sounds more like something that's been arranged consciously by the Huntsman, in a sort of "contract". If he dies, that contract is broken. It would need to be "remade" in some manner. At least, that would be my take. Summoning fully independent beings like the Huntsman should be rare, and not automatic or anything.
    Maybe there's some "order" of guys like the Huntsman who can be summoned?

Or maybe the system was set up by the creator of the Bount, but forgotten? (heck, if he's still alive, maybe he has the power to summon any Bount and this is a "hack" of his system)
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-22 at 11:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Maybe there's some "order" of guys like the Huntsman who can be summoned?

Or maybe the system was set up by the creator of the Bount, but forgotten? (heck, if he's still alive, maybe he has the power to summon any Bount and this is a "hack" of his system)
    Why cant' this be unique to the Huntsman? Or if there is an "order", let it be voluntary, and small.

And I'd rather we not make the "Count" too over-arching of a concept for the Bount. I liked that we were moving them away from just being "lol vampires" more than even canon had. Having them all summonable by a big creepy Bount Count to his big creepy castle kind of under-minds that.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

I'll be honest, I don't really like this. It feels kind of cheap to those who have to deal with the distinct possibility of character death. Maybe it's just me, though...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    *Thinks* What about...75?

As far as summons go, I definitely prefer this to some of the other ideas that had been bartered initially. The Huntsman's entry isn't too bad.

tgva8889: Armin looks solid as well.

75 it is.

The "contract" is specific... but the Huntsman has had some time to think about this. My initial idea is that there's a list of people who could become his "successors" - souls of some of his prey, possible someone who tried to play him the fool, stuff like that. It's open because I haven't thought who could that be.

. . .

Armin?

But if he is summoned and not bartered with immediately, then he can just leave, thus defeating the purpose. Maybe making the offering should be part of the casting so that random tricks like summoning him in the way of your opponent's cero are less viable?
    Good idea. I'll add some archaic ritual to the chant, so that it can't be misused like that.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't really like this. It feels kind of cheap to those who have to deal with the distinct possibility of character death. Maybe it's just me, though...
    I suppose it is possible to deal an injury so great it doesn't matter if the Hunstman is unsummoned - say, piercing his heart or decapitating him before he can unsummon himself. I'm not adverse to him dying during the game.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-22 at 11:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually TVGA, I was under the impression that the reiryoku 'bartered' to the Huntsman does not return. Like...ever. It's gone. You are permanently however much you had to pay weaker. This is in addition to the energy used to actually summon him in the first place.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #46

Its also important to note that the rider is not that powerful, anyone of power above him can take him down.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

While summoning him in the way of an opponent's cero is a cheap tactic, summoning him so that the swirling "summony" energy blocks the attack and he emerges from it a moment later is dramatic.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

I suppose it is possible to deal an injury so great it doesn't matter if the Hunstman is unsummoned - say, piercing his heart or decapitating him before he can unsummon himself. I'm not adverse to him dying during the game.
    Yes, and it would, from what I am understanding, take nothing short of that. I guess it matters less if he's more lesser seated strength, but it's still something that feels kind of cheap to me.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

I would put it at #80, since Tenteikura is 77 and this spell combines that functionality (contact and communication) with several lower level ones (translation, portal, etc).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Yes, and it would, from what I am understanding, take nothing short of that. I guess it matters less if he's more lesser seated strength, but it's still something that feels kind of cheap to me.
    I can't really say what it takes, until the time comes for him to die. As said, I'm not adverse to the character dying - I will do my best to not use his nature as a cheap get away. It is not, in any case, supposed to function as such.

EDIT: Okay, so 80 it is.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-22 at 11:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Actually TVGA, I was under the impression that the reiryoku 'bartered' to the Huntsman does not return. Like...ever. It's gone. You are permanently however much you had to pay weaker. This is in addition to the energy used to actually summon him in the first place.
    Blah, I mixed up reiatsu and reiryoku, my mistake. But that shouldn't make the spell any higher level, in any case. And when I was suggesting that I was considering the fact that you didn't have to pay to get him to appear before you, which is the main exploit.

My understanding was that the Rider was that powerful. Otherwise, there's rarely any point to anyone wanting to use that spell, really.

Also, Armin is intended to be a viable threat for Captain-level characters, just so we're all on the same page. He's not too useful as an assassin if he can't even assassinate the highest profile guys on either team.

Edit: His tools list also isn't complete. I totally forgot like half the stuff I came up with.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-06-22 at 11:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

That is a dangerous argument to make Tvga, it is the argument that leads to power creep.

Make Armin a seated threat with high stealth and give him a seele schneider-like weapon (a weapon that ignores defenses), and he is a major threat to anyone who doesn't find him first... And doesn't regenerate.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Well, he's intended to "be a threat" in that he can theoretically kill them. Probably not equal in power level in a head-on fight. Bad phrasing on my part, clearly it's a sign I should get sleep.

Considering the level of stealth he is supposed to have, he is capable of getting the first shot, and considering the level of skill he has, that shot is probably a hit. From there, it's anyone's guess.

Edit: Is "Bullet to the head" enough of an "ignores defenses"?

Edit 2: Stuff I forgot in the Tools section.

Spoiler
    Show

Prototype Reiatsu Hiding Device: A retooled reiatsu draining device designed by S.W.O.R.D., this device causes Armin's reiatsu to appear as one of three things: a normal human, a normal Shinigami, or a normal Arrancar. It functions by actually draining Armin's reiatsu to hide it, making it risky for prolonged use.

Disguise Kit: Pretty much standard clothing, though customized by Armin over his long lifetime to allow him to appear as just about any profession necessary, including a Shinigami, though actually passing as a Shinigami to other Shinigami is not made at all easier.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-06-22 at 11:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Blah, I mixed up reiatsu and reiryoku, my mistake. But that shouldn't make the spell any higher level, in any case. And when I was suggesting that I was considering the fact that you didn't have to pay to get him to appear before you, which is the main exploit.

My understanding was that the Rider was that powerful. Otherwise, there's rarely any point to anyone wanting to use that spell, really.
    He is upper seated level - he'd be a threat to any Vice-Captain, and would have a chance to off some of the weakest Captains or Espada, though not a very large one. He'd be a great asset to any seated officer (who'd be strong enough to access the spell, but not necessarily stronger than the Huntsman). If summoned beforehand, he could be a deciding factor in battle - it's just that I mainly designed him to compliment other characters, not necessarily stand on his own. He's mostly balanced against other Bounts and people like S.W.O.R.D. agents, to fight beside or against them.

Also, Armin is intended to be a viable threat for Captain-level characters, just so we're all on the same page. He's not too useful as an assassin if he can't even assassinate the highest profile guys on either team.

Edit: His tools list also isn't complete. I totally forgot like half the stuff I came up with.
    What better successor, then, for the Huntsman? Really, what do you think of the idea?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

They would have to meet first, then Armin would have to be convinced of the benefits.

Armin's sort of like the Horseman already anyways, except he doesn't have to come to the beck and call of anyone who casts a specific Kido. It's unfortunate, but true.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

We'll see, then, how the plot unravels around the two.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    *pulls Izumi under the water while her brain is absent*
    D:

Nooo! She drowned so young!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

After much pestering an invitation by Innis, I was hoping I could give Bleach ITP a try.

I have ideas for three characters in mind, but I'm afraid that I'll have to do a lot of reading first. (I don't know Bleach metaphysics as nearly as well as I do Naruto's, and I get the impression that Bleach ITP is much more expansive than Naruto ITP...)

I'm also not entirely sure what happened in this game's reboot. Did everything get reset? Is it just a timeskip? I'd appreciate it if someone could help me catch up to current events.

29. - Top - End - #59

This game is a full reboot of the previous game. It's set in modern times. Some characters from the first are reappearing in this, with some changes in powers and personalities.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome aboard old bean.