New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: OOC Thread 9

13 YOU JOINED!!!

Well, to patch up, maybe scoot yerself on over to the registry and check out the power levels (they're considerably lower than that of the last game) for starters....and then, why not stick your own character in and get posting!

And to echo nothingclever's words: Welcome back, old bean.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's an updated version. Added details of Bonding and the ritual that summons him.

The Black Huntsman, Zamiel

Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 195 lbs
    Reiatsu: Very dark red in color, feels like heat of a hellish furnace.
    Theme song!

Appearance: Zamiel wreathes himself in a cloak black as coal. Under it, he wears an iron chainmail, completed with blackened iron greaves and gauntlets and heavy, armored boots. His face is always obscured by somekind of mask, it's exact desing depending on who summons him - sometimes, it's a leather hood with antlers of an elk, while in Japan, it's usually a black Hannya mask. Only his dark red eyes, gleaming like burning embers, are visible through it. When called forth, Zamiel is usually armed with a simple longsword made of fine steel, and a bow of some kind.

Personality: Few persons can truly be said to know Zamiel. To his prey, he's mostly known for his single-minded determination to hunt them to the ends of earth; to those who call for him to help, he's known for his reliability and honor. If, for some reason, he can't complete a task given to him, he will return the price paid to him at summoning twofold.

Zamiel rarely speaks, instead preferring to use some form of telepathy, conveying the conditions of his service or doom of his prey as feelings or images instead of discernible words. He is not mute, though, and can be heard cursing in German every once in a while, in a hoarse voice that resembles rattling of a great bonfire. This usually has to do with antics of his steed.

Background: Zamiel's background is shrouded in myths. He's old, and has been around for at least five centuries. In Europe, myriad legends abound that tell of a similar figure, but whether Zamiel is the one that sparked those is an open question. To Shinigami of Japan, he's known from some ancient Kido chants, which also call upon a Black Rider to come and claim the souls of their enemies.

Incidentally enough, Zamiel can be summoned forth by some Ealaín of the Fae, or Kido of the Shinigami. These spells require for the caster to barter a part of their lifeforce (Reiryoku) or something else of value for the Huntsman's services. They are very obscure, and have been forbidden at some points of history. How or why Zamiel has the power to be summoned like this is a mystery.

Abilities:

Spoiler
    Show
    Supreme swordsman: During his long life, Zamiel has perfected his mastery over the blade, putting some of Seireitei's captains to shame. Indeed, coming to blows with him is ill-advised. He lacks the advantage of a near-indestructible personal weapon, though.

Deadly Shot:
    Zamiel has great skill in archery, and can hit his target from far away even in dark of the night. He can also use modern firearms with frightening skill, though he does not carry such weapons on his person.

Demonic Endurance: Once the Huntsman is on your heels, he will not quit. He feels no thirst or hunger in the mortal sense, and will not grow tired in pursuit for his prey. While some can outrun him, none can outlast him. Most are best served by just confronting him, for good or for ill.

Inhuman strenght & speed:
    By human standards, Zamiel is extraordinaly strong, capable of punching through reinforced concrete and uprooting small trees with his bare hands. He can also outrun an ostrich, though he can't stand on air on his own and can't use Shunpo or equivalent. His reflexes are quick enough to keep up with most other spiritual creatures who can, though

Masterful tracker: From his nose to his ability to sense Reiatsu, Zamiel's senses are top-notch. He also has centuries of experience for finding hiding game, and knows most tricks his prey could use. He also apparently sees in dark.

Rudimentary Ealaín: somehow, Zamiel has learned some chants of the Fae, and can use some low-level Girserusu. He can, for example, turn invisible, dispel some weak wards and bind the arms and legs of a captured target.

Doll: Der Schwarze Schlachtross (The Black Warhorse)
    Spoiler
    Show

In its sealed form, Der Schwarze Schlachtross is a plain gold ring.

When released, it takes the form of a mighty black stallion, its eyes blazing with hellfire and its hooves leaving black scorchmarks to the ground. It's hooves are strong as diamonds, and it can kick through average Numeros level Hierro with ease. It's mane is composed of dark smoke, and its breath reeks of sulphur. It is positively satanic in bearing.

It acts like an ordinary horse. In other words, when its owner is not intent on keeping it calm, its a frickin' scaredy-cat. It jumps at loud noises, sudden motions and what have you. When Zamiel isn't paying attention, it is happy to trot somewhere and munch on tasty grass. It can also be distracted by carrots or cubes of sugar. Still, it is loyal, and will quickly head back at the call of its master - most of the time.

Abilities:

Schneller als der Wind (Faster than the wind):
    Der Schwarze Schlachtross is extremely fast, and can leave a practiced user of Shunpo standing in the dust with its gallop. It can run across water or air, unhindered by natural obstacles. It can't turn very quickly when going at top speeds, though.

Atem des Feuers (Breath of Fire):
    the horse can spit out a torrent of flames when threatened. This has range of roughly 30 feet and has the destructive power of a low-end Cero. There'd better not be anything flammable nearby, though.

Bonding:
    Mähne des Feuers (Mane of Fire)

When fusing with his doll, Zamiel grows in height to that of his steed when it stands on its hindlegs, reaching the height of 12 feet. His feet turn to metal hooves, and his armor and mask seem to melt into his skin, becoming like second skin. He gains long, flowing mane and tail made of living flame and his cloak turns into a shroud of thick, black smoke. His Reiatsu pours out as a raging torrent, creating immense heat around him. Just standing within 10 feet from him is painful - any closer will start to singe one's skin and eyes and might cause clothes to catch fire.

While bonded, Zamiel's speed increases greatly, and he can run on all fours to move as fast as Der Schwarze Schlachtross. His strenght and durability also increase, and he can summon forth a flaming sword, or a whip to entagle his foes. These are not his greatest weapons, however - his hooves are. While bonded, his feet and legs are tough enough from knees down to deflect Zanpakuto blows without injury, and hard enough to leave a mark on hardest Hierro. He can deliver tremendous kicks with them, shattering bones and sending tougher enemies flying through obstructions.

Techniques:

Atem der Hölle (Breath of Hell):
    While bonded, Zamiel's mouth becomes like crack of a volcano, and he can spit out a jet of molten stone up to 60 feet. In addition to being hot enough to make most things catch flame, it strikes his foe with great force and if cooled down can encase someone in black stone - if the target is still alive. Overall, this attack's destructive force is equal to high-end Cero.

Summonable by: Wu Wei 80: "Harry the wind, ye masked Rider of Black Fortune. Ride the east leg, travel the west peak, climb the north wall and find the ironsand of the south! Seek forth that black dog, and force it to face itself!" The spell cannot be completed without candle imbued with a drop of the user's blood, placed upon a window sill at night. The Huntsman will appear when the chant is completed, and his arrival is signified by the candle lighting itself. After this, the chanter has to represent his offer and payment to the Huntsman during the time it takes for the candle to burn out. Once he accepts, Zamiel will extinquish the candle, after which he'll leave to complete the duty.

---

In other news, glad to see you join, 13. As to what's going on:

Mortal World: After a chance encounter by Valeria Abel and Watanabe Kaito in Venti Buon Cafe, many of the students have joined together to hold a pool party at Valeria's home.

Earlier, a delinquent called Soshi Koan lost himself to his Inner Hollow. When an ancient Arrancar, going with name "Elder" and "Õta Yui", faced him, Soshi went berserk and attacked her. Elder mauled Soshi badly, but was wounded herself - this attracted the attention of Hisamori Aki, a Quincy, and Detective Henry Rheims-Cholenby. Michiko "rescued" Soshi before he was taken to hospital, where as Elder went to care willingly.

Soul Society:
    There was a Captain's meeting. Some Captains got drunk and caused mayhem. Kido Commander fooled 1st Vice-Captain for a date. Currently, the Commander is wasted and planning to raze Kido Corps to ground. Other people are going on with their lives.

Hueco Muendo: The Primera has announced a grand melee, where all Espada will choose champions for themselves and put them in an arena, so they can bet on who will win. Meanwhile, a captured Shinigami patrol is being... interrogated by the Ghost King and Ruwa Bello, Octava Espada's Fraccion.

EDIT: Forgot the Episodes.

Episode 1 is completed. It detail how Hayashi Izumi met with Kuroda Ryo and became a Substitute Shinigami.

Episode 2 is still running. It's a flashback to 200 years ago and details how Hannibal Magalhães, former Captain of 11th Division, went through Hollowfication and got himself imprisoned.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-22 at 05:13 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    After much pestering an invitation by Innis, I was hoping I could give Bleach ITP a try.

I have ideas for three characters in mind, but I'm afraid that I'll have to do a lot of reading first. (I don't know Bleach metaphysics as nearly as well as I do Naruto's, and I get the impression that Bleach ITP is much more expansive than Naruto ITP...)

I'm also not entirely sure what happened in this game's reboot. Did everything get reset? Is it just a timeskip? I'd appreciate it if someone could help me catch up to current events.
    As others have said, this is a reboot, a "fresh start" of the old concept.

I'll throw out a few quick facts.
    Spoiler
    Show

-We're aiming for a power level lower than either canon, or our last game. The Commander-General of the Shinigami can't level cities when he farts, for instance. Captains and such are still powerful and impressive, it's merely a lower degree.
    -Connected to that, a larger focus of this game is on the Mortal World, or at least lower-level conflicts in general. We have a fairly large cast of mortal characters with powers (or rather, that will have powers; many are still powerless as of now) of all sorts. Feel free to inquire more.
    -The first post of this thread has lots of various important bits of information, as well as the wiki (though that's still a work in progress).

Now, a list of factions:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Soul Society
    -Las Noches
    -Other Hollows not aligned with LN
    -Mortal World (this applies to all the various kids, who will likely end up as one or two "teams")
    -Quincy: Very different from canon. There's more than 2 of them left; several clans scattered about, in fact (though none of these clans are that large). There was no Quincy-Shinigami war, but their arrows do destroy souls; at a later time they will learn how to purify like Shinigami.
    -Bount (somewhat changed from canon, and a lot less aggressive)
    -Kujo: Rouge crazy evil Shinigami who likes chaos, death, chaos, destruction, chaos, mayhem, and chaos. Did I mention chaos? He has a small but dangerous group of followers and hangers-on.
    -SWORD: Basically, a group of all sorts of non-Hollow, non-Shinigami characters, all working for the benefit of the Mortal World in the ongoing spiritual conflict. On the outside, this means cleaning up after big Shinigami fights, as well as caring for those whose lives were damaged by said fights. Underneath, they're a shadow organization that uses spiritual-power-based technology to work towards a world free of both Shinigami and Hollow. Think Men in Black, but meaner. And possibly with bigger guns.
    -Enclave: a time-tossed group of mortals who fight hollows. Heavily inspired by Castlevania. Primarily fight using rune-enhanced equipment to bring themselves up to the level of at least lower-seated shinigami, long term. Most all have been wiped out; there's perhaps a dozen or so left. They have not been introduced.
    -Others I've probabaly forgotten.

Rough outline of current events:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Soul Society: There was a Captain's meeting. Not much is going on. Business as usual. Horngeek's Captain is pregnant. Innis's Kido Commander is making large changes. So on, so forth.
    -Las Noches: Espada continue to plot. Genoveva (Callos), the Primera Espada, has declared a Grand Melee to occur very soon. The Espada will be attending, there will be plotting, insults, food, enjoyment, etc.
    -Mortal World: Teachers, some of whom are more than they seem, are preparing for the start of school. Most of the teenage MW characters are at a party for Valeria (strawberryman), who just moved into town. Kaito (me) finds himself cornered by a half-dozen females in the pool who may or may not be angry at him. Jury is still out if this is the best thing ever, or a horrible fate.

-Otherwise, it's pretty quiet. Classic BleachITP is in its Grand Finale, so we're not starting much in the way of heavy-duty plot until that wraps up (as several people are involved in both, and the movers and shakers in plots aren't a big fan of trying both at once).

As far as character ideas go, we simply ask that you post them here first, so that the community can tear the idea to pieces evaluate how it fits into the larger scheme.

Also, here's a young Sir Ian McKellen auditioning for a departure role early in his career.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #64

...And now for something completely different.

My drawings of Kyasarin and Sereg. I did them as studies-Kyasarin's focusing on just inks, Sereg's on faces. I decided to draw him while still human...because colouring mouths is hard for me so I wanted to try and improve that. Sorry, riccaru.

Kyasarin Shihan
    Spoiler
    Show

Sereg Arturo
    Spoiler
    Show
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

*grumble* "That hollow boy ain't gonna look pretty anymore once I get out to finish our fight." *mumble*

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Also, here's a young Sir Ian McKellen auditioning for a departure role early in his career.
    ...holy ****, that's amazing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Ruwa and Mei are the ones 'interrogating' the guy. Von Geister just turned the rest of the patrol with Broodlings and is waiting for his children to adapt to their stolen memories and personalities.

Also, on Zamiel, you have this line.

While bonded, Samael's speed increases greatly, and he can run on all fours to move as fast as Der Schwarze Schlachtross.
    In the entry. Look for the problem, shouldn't be hard.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

If Geister let Mei and Ruwa do this, there must be a benefit to their method over his. Is there?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

No, there really isn't.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Also, on Zamiel, you have this line.

In the entry. Look for the problem, shouldn't be hard.
    That's what I get for picking name's that sound the same. <.< Fix'd.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting...

On power levels: so that I can have a crystal clear idea on how powerful Reborn Bleach is supposed be, which character from canon would best represent the absolute maximum power allowed? Which character from canon would best represent a Reborn Bleach character of middling power?

12. - Top - End - #72

It's just that there's no way that he would use that method...so they do it instead.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting...

On power levels: so that I can have a crystal clear idea on how powerful Reborn Bleach is supposed be, which character from canon would best represent the absolute maximum power allowed? Which character from canon would best represent a Reborn Bleach character of middling power?
    That's a difficult question to answer. I'd say on the Hollow side, strongest character would likely be closest to Grimmjow in terms of ability - on the Shinigami side, I'd say our max is closest to... Hitsugaya.

On the middling level, I'd say Grand Fisher and Rukia before Soul Society arc.

Erh, really tough questions to answer. We are trying to shy away from trivially destroying cities (a la Yamamoto) or powers that let the wielder do what the heck they want (Aizen). And we're intending for the characters who gain most screen time to be closer to, say, Rukia, than Gotei Captains.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Just out of curiosity - Would anyone who currently has a character in the Soul Society be interested in interacting with Naruhi?

She's currently in the Ninth Division training grounds, but that's subject to change.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting...

For your consideration.

The most powerful shinigami.

The most powerful hollow.

Most of the mortals don't have powers yet, so they don't get into the equation.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Dreamer View Post
    Just out of curiosity - Would anyone who currently has a character in the Soul Society be interested in interacting with Naruhi?

She's currently in the Ninth Division training grounds, but that's subject to change.
    Fukui Kyou is being loud in the 6th division training grounds.

...Otherwise, I dunno.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

For the record, they are Tsukada Ryouichi and Erscheinung Von Geister, respectively. However, they are poor balance points. I suggest you cross over those two as example character, along with these:
    • All Soul Society Captains
    • All Espada
    • Kujo
    • Elder
    • Any other "faction leader"

Use someone whose mid to high number Seated officer, such as Souten Ai, Naruhi Ziha or Sato Hachirou.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, he didn't ask for balance points, he asked for the power ceiling.

Those two are it.

A balance point... I think Donovan (in my linked post) is a good example of "high" mortal world power at start.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Dreamer View Post

Well, I did mention that Sigint might visit the Ninth, if Yuuki doesn't slap him for his suggestions first. So I might be able to talk to Naruhi. No promises though.

Also, to repeat my concerns in the previous thread just as it shut down, should I redo Pico at this point, or is the whole speedster overload problem fixed now?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Really? NO Espada is looking for a Fraccion currently?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

@Callos, Well, I'd like to have one, if there is one available. It's getting kind of lonely drunkenly bossing around a bunch of faceless mooks.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, I did mention that Sigint might visit the Ninth, if Yuuki doesn't slap him for his suggestions first. So I might be able to talk to Naruhi. No promises though.

Also, to repeat my concerns in the previous thread just as it shut down, should I redo Pico at this point, or is the whole speedster overload problem fixed now?
    It might not hurt to think about re-jiggering Pico. It's early enough that it shouldn't be a big deal.

Worst case, any memories of him as a speedster in the flashback episode can be chalked down to imprecise memories on the part of Hannibal.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

@Draken: Well, yes, but I felt it needed saying.

@Inyuthebeatis:
    I personally never perceived the abundance of speedsters as problem, because I think the Espada should primarily be compared to their enemies, not each other. So, compared to Shinigami, half of the Espada are terrifyingly fast, and their difference to each other is not that great. I mean, even if Pico and Sereg don't beat Arcelia, Edward and Genoveva, they're still faster than most of the cast.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Pico as more balanced character, with little less speed and more defense, with mighty offense. Less Glass Cannon and more just heavy hitter.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei'll take her, Callos.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-06-22 at 05:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Really? NO Espada is looking for a Fraccion currently?
    Uhm... What? Where did you say anything about fraccion?

@moon: That definitely looks awesome, even as a human. Thanks a bunch!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos made a Fraccion for any Espada to pick some time ago. Cute, tiny girl. Powers a cross between Pistol Shrimp and Mantis Shrimp. Did you forget her already?

Also: any more comments on Zamiel?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-06-22 at 05:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you should give Zamiel the ability to survive decapitation when fused with his doll, but remain blind and mute in this state as long as he is without a moderately good replacement, anything sufficiently round and sufficiently large, with openings indicative of mouth and eyes to serve the purpose.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-22 at 05:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Ruwa and Mei are the ones 'interrogating' the guy. Von Geister just turned the rest of the patrol with Broodlings and is waiting for his children to adapt to their stolen memories and personalities.
    Hey, how silly is Mei going to look if this Shinigami Jiro actually escapes from her custody in less then a day? What would her response be to Ruwa, more over, how would Von Geister react upon hearing it?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you should give Zamiel the ability to survive decapitation when fused with his doll, but remain blind and mute in this state as long as he is without a moderately good replacement, anything sufficiently round and sufficiently large, with openings indicative of mouth and eyes to serve the purpose.
    ... any specific reason why?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Free Hand View Post
    Hey, how silly is Mei going to look if this Shinigami Jiro actually escapes from her custody in less then a day? What would her response be to Ruwa, more over, how would Von Geister react upon hearing it?
    He's not.

So, the question is moot.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.