New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: In The Eye of the Storm - Part 2 (IC)

Lyrelle excuses herself for a moment and comes back from the woods with a large draft horse with barding behind her. Bobo for some reason doesn't seem happy to see him as Lyrelle leads two animals with her.

"Well, I should say, I heard rumors while traveling 'long the roads, but the biggest tip off were some birds and animals migrating away from this general area. It seems that the ogres weren't being good nieghbors.."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trillian

&quot;I suppose we could, but I think we'd be better off just trying to sell them at the next town. The guy didn't look like he had enough money bother shaking down.&quot;
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Surd

Surd smiles as things seem to be going quite well for him and the odd little band he's joined. As he walks along the path back to town, he listens to the others talk. ((I'm assuming we're walking back now.)) His eyes wander toward roving birds and other wildlife as well as Lyrelle's two animals.

Wonder what's next... Surd thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

4. - Top - End - #34

Trillian

&quot;Hey? Do you hear that? It sounds like a group of people coming out of the woods, and their voices sound familiar.&quot;

Trillian turns and looks to see where his companions and the new kid are coming from?

{OOC: *pushes the game forward?*}
    The Tangled Web

5. - Top - End - #35
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

(Agreed. Two groups should be in sight of each other now, for game expediency.)

6. - Top - End - #36

Trillian

Trillian raises his hand and waves at Surd, and the rest.
    The Tangled Web

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dozoli

Dozo bows to Trillian. Lyrelle. You should meet our little Yakuza friend, Tlirrian.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyrelle looks between Dozoli and Trillian confused, almost have as blank a look as her ram.

&quot;What's a Yakuza?&quot;
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #39

Trillian

&quot;Me! I'm a Yakuza! That means I do whatever I want, and everyone has to do what I tell them to.

Its really fun. Do you want to be a Yakuza too? I can make you an honorary member, and show you the secret handshake!&quot;
    The Tangled Web

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyrelle

She totally buys it.

Oh, well, ah, that's rather kind of you, but I'm allready afilliated, you might say...&quot;

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

&quot;Trillian is joking. He has no more of an idea what a Yakuza is then anybody else here who isn't Dozo does. It's just that Dozo calls him that. Anyway, this is Trillian, who does exactly what he says he will, and this is Hallnsfarth Zukuri, our leader. Trillian, Mr. Zukuri, this is Lyrelle, a druid who found our camp while looking for those ogres we killed.&quot;
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dozo

Dozo looks around and clears his throat a Yakuza is one who comes from a powerful family, and has a large and strong roof over his head to protect him from the full consequences of his actions, as anyone knows.

And now, leader of this group, what do you have planned? Will you still be the most needy of my mission to succour the barbarians of the world? If so, I will continue to join you, though I still have yet to see what I learn from it ... no, that is not correct. Surd has taught me that even a barbarian can act with honor. Hmmm. I must think on that.
    He looks momentarily confused and a little shaken.

13. - Top - End - #43

Trillian

Trillian doesn't bother to correct Chase's claim that Hallnsfarth is the leader. She must be joking. Everyone knows that he's the true leader.

When Dozo asks his question, Trillian replies &quot;Well, under my super-awesome guidance, Hallnsfarth has gotten us rooms for the night gratis. So we don't have to sleep outside in the stinky sticky nasty forest. And I've decided that we will in fact take the job as guards for the Caravan. We need to move on to the next town.

Hey Chuckles! When did you say that the caravan leaves?&quot;
    The Tangled Web

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Surd

Surd smiles proudly at Dozo's compliment, his face beaming like a pale green moon.

&quot;Yes, when we leave?&quot; he says, anxiously looking toward the warmage for answers.

((EDIT: Simu-post!))

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

Standing solidly, he sighs in exasperation at Trillian's remarks and quietly says to Dozo &quot;You're a while away from your 'strong roof'. Keep that in mind.&quot; Then turning away, he speaks up for the whole group to hear &quot;Haven't set the departure time yet. Also, Trillian's right about that one thing. We do have free room and board in any inn in the town. The Captain was finally seeing light. The town's lacking the means to fully repay us, so this will have to do. The caravan job I set up is with a gnommish merchant.&quot; Then in gnommish &quot;If you can fully comprehend this, then stick around after this. The delay won't kill anyone.&quot; Back in common he says &quot;The merchant believes, and I agree, that most bandits hearing of us will think twice before trying to tackle any caravan we're with. So basically we'll have the relative comfort of a caravan, supplies provided, and we'll be paid for simply traveling along with them. Any of you who don't want to, speak up. It's best we get our problems resolved from the start. I'm going to work out the details with him once i'm sure we can commit to this. If no one has any problems with that, Chase? Can you go with Surd and Trillian, find a place you three can agree on and secure rooms for us. If you have any difficulty, send Surd back, and I'll come to deal with it. Trillian? After securing the room, can you try to find a different place to fence the gems? There can't be only one jewler in town. If not, hold on to them and we'll try again in another town. Dozo? You said something about communing with your ancestors last night. If you need to do that again, that's fine, just remember to find the others to know where we're staying for the night. I prefer us to be together in case of something going wrong. If you decide to get a room on your own, that's fine too, just keep it near our rooms. Chase? I'm leaving deciding the rooming up to you. Lyrelle? Can I have a word with you after this? Thanks. Lets get to it people!&quot;

He rattles it all off, then stands and waits for people to start to move before waving anyone who stayed aside from Lyrelle in close to talk.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyrelle, for her part seems halfway confused and amazed at the pace set by the gnome and nods, content to keep to herself and petting her horse in the meanwhile

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dozoli

Dozo follows instructions like a good pilgrim. He also drops by the church to borrow some interesting reading material again.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

&quot;Ash mairna zox piva-qon.* It will be done.&quot; Maddok says, conveying as usual no hint as to his true thoughts. Damnit! I could pass off sleeping outside as only being a bit of a loner before, but now I'd have to go against a direct order, and that would be so out of keeping with what they expect from Chase that they'd get suspicious. Even if I get a room for myself, they might hear me binding through the walls if they're too thin, and I'll still have to get rid of the chalk dust somehow. And I can't exactly go off on my own, not with that last ogre still out there. He seems like the sort to pick off a lone enemy, and he could probably kick my ass. He beckons with both of his hands at Trillian and Surd as he strides into town at a pace that will be comfortable for the halfling, cloak trailing behind him, in search of some places to stay.

*Celestial, roughly translates to &quot;by these actions I may be doomed.&quot;
    [ooc]Bluff to seem like the celestial phrase is not what it is. May not be necessary. (1d20+14=19) Do I need to roll Gather Information to find some more inns?[/ooc]
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: It's mostly for Tonberry...)

Hallsnfarth

As the other bustle around, Hallnsfarth stands there, like the eye of the storm. His brown hair pulled back by his helm, yet still brushing against his mithril chain shirt, the elf stands tall at six foot even. Slim, and weighing only about a hundred and fifty pounds, the elf seems more suited to being a rogue then a warmage, yet anyone who's ever looked him in the eye can see his inner fire, and any who's seen him in battle know that he's far from a shadow lurker. He holds his buckler and spear confidently, and the worn longsword at his hip show that he's used to using it. The pack on his back is tight and light so that he has maximum mobility. The rest of his clothing is leathers and thick cloths cut in ways to allow movement while still offering a layer of protection. A few pouches hang from his belt, and the most prominent has a quick-release snap, and looks like it's been used quite a bit more then the sword.

20. - Top - End - #50

Trillian

&quot;If there was another jeweller in town, I'd have settled the gem situation already. Like I said, we'll dump them in the next town.

Anyways, I'm going to go with you for discussion of terms with the gnome. Remember, I've got experience with bargaining and making contracts.&quot;
    The Tangled Web

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

(oops... got the races wrong)

Lyrelle waits patiently but looks up from her horse at the *ELF* curiously. &quot;Um... What did you need from me, exactly?&quot;

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

Speaking curtly to Trillian, Hallsnfarth says &quot;Yes. Great experiance. He's excited about working with us. Lets keep it that way. I need you to help Chase with dealing with the innkeepers. I don't want to be called away from my negotiations&quot; &quot;and I doubt you speak gnommish anyway.&quot;

After dealing with Trillian, Hallnsfarth turns to the human girl and says &quot;What were you doing looking for ogres?&quot;

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Surd

Surd hops happily along with Trillian and Chase, happy to do something helpful.

24. - Top - End - #54

Trillian

Trillian shrugs, but doesn't go anywhere.
    The Tangled Web

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

&quot;If you don't want to come with us, I can always get you a room infested with as many insects as possible.&quot; Maddok calls back, not slowing his pace. It is unclear weather he wants it to seem like a joke or not.

[ooc]Threats of minor discomfort FTW! ;D[/ooc]

26. - Top - End - #56

Trillian

&quot;I'm sure you'll be fine without me, Chase.&quot;
    The Tangled Web

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

&quot;Trillian? Patience worn out a long time ago. I can't baby-sit you and deal with all I have to here. Go with Chase.&quot;

28. - Top - End - #58

Trillian

Trillian shrugs but doesn't go anywhere.
    The Tangled Web

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

An exasperated look on his face, Hallnsfarth gives Chase a 'can I get a hand here?' look complete with gestures, before turning and walking a few paces away with Lyrelle where he asks her &quot;Again, I ask, why were you looking for ogres? A girl your age hunting ogres alone with her goat?&quot;

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dozo

Now if psycho-san had asked me first, he would have known not to call that curly horned monster a goat. I wonder who will win. The sheep or the mage. :)