New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: In The Eye of the Storm - Part 2 (IC)

(OOC: Can shatter work on things like a goat's horns?)
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

"Bobo's a SHEEP, NOT a goat!!"

Lyrelle flusters and hmphs with a stamp of her feet, second time today she's been accused of being in posession of a goat. The uh... Not Goat, Bobo also seems incensed along with his mistress and lowers his horns at the elf.

"Anyway I'm a druid, sir. I'm quite capable of taking care of myself and it was the care of these lands that I game to investigate the ogre problem here... But you and your friends seem to have finished cleaning house, as it were..."

((OOC I think the horns, though mostly unliving matter, probaby as natural weapons count as "Can't Shatter". I mean, you can't tap some beast's claws and expect it, can you?))
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Seffbasilisk
    (OOC: Can shatter work on things like a goat's horns?)
    Not unless you'll let me shatter your teeth later in the game... ;)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

&quot;Trillian, why do you not want to go with us?&quot;
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trillian

&quot;Because I want to be there for the negotiations of my team.

Its my responsibility as leader to make sure that we get the best deal.&quot;
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

&quot;So much for my previous belief about you. I used to think that you had something against lying, but that clearly disproves that.&quot;
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

&quot;Whoa! Calm down. I'm dealing with a lot right now. And i'm not exactly a shepard so excuse the lack of 'knowledge about animal husbandry at a glance'. Control your ram before I turn it over to one of the chefs here. Also, these ogres were enough to raze a town to the ground had we not been there to prevent it. What makes you think you were capable of defeating them?&quot;

Overhearing Chase's question and Trillian's reply, Hallnsfarth sighs mightily, turns, and says
    &quot;Trillian. You're not the leader, you're not in charge of negotiations, and we're going to be conversing in gnommish. Do you even know gnommish?&quot;

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

&quot;I didn't say I was going to just walk right up and slay the whole bunch, sir... I wanted to do what i could to help... And what difference does it make if I'm a girl... Why, you sound like the lunkhead brothers I have who can't even lace up their own boots, let alone manage a flock...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #69

Trillian

&quot;Of course I am.

But no, I don't know gnommish.&quot;
    The Tangled Web

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

&quot;Your 'lunk-head' brothers may be correct if you're putting yourself up as a symbol of the female gender amoung humans. What you would have done, by what you've said, is lurked around until discovered, and then been promptly killed, no doubt putting up a 'good fight' before expiring. Thank heavens elvish women aren't so idiotic. Though that may explain your race's swelling numbers. Irregardless, you will refrain from insulting any of my company unless you have solid backing for said insult. As for managing a flock, it looks like you can only handle a flock of one. That is, if you handle the flock and the flock does not handle you. Again I digress. What would have been your course of action had you come accross the ogre camp. Bear in mind there were six of them and a mage.&quot;

Twisting around, Hallnsfarth says &quot;Of course you're not. No one in thier right mind would stand for it. And if you can't even understand the language the negotiations will be taking place in, then what is your purpose in being there, even if you were as you seem to have mislead yourself into believing?&quot;

He then spins back around to face Lyrelle for her response.

11. - Top - End - #71

Trillian

Trillian wonders if Hallnsfarth with make himself dizzy keeping both conversation going, and moves to a position where that is more likely to happen.

Leaning over a little so Lyrelle can see his face, Trillian says &quot;You don't have to listen to him if you don't want, Madam. He's grouchy because I won't let him be the leader today. Don't take anything he says personally.

(Back to Hallnsfarth)And anyways, how do you know that you aren't the one who I have mislead into believing that I melead myself into believing something that is completely misleading? Or peheraps you believe that I have mislead yourself into believing something misleading about me? It could be that I believe that I mislead myself into believing something that is misleading, but it doesn't matter since I'm the one who believes it.

(Back to Lyrelle) Can you beleive how this guy?

(Back to Hallnsfarth) I mislead myself into believing that you were misleading my beliefs about myself, but in reality, the only belief that was misleading was your beleif in believing the misleading beliefs of my leadership.

(Back to Lyrelle) I don't beleive we've been formally introduced. I'm Trillian. Its a pleasure to meet you.

(Back to Hallnsfarth) So, where are you and the gnome going to be doing the negotiations anyways? There would be no point in my going since I don't understand the language, but if something happens and we need your assistance, I would need to know where to find you.&quot;
    The Tangled Web

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

&quot;Surd? Make an amendment to the contract you signed with Trillian here. He keeps this up, and he gets blasted. Chase? Get this clown outta here. Lyrelle? Sorry for his hyperactivity, I haven't beaten him to near-death today. Trillian, if I hear seven more words out of you in the next hour and there is not a life and death situation that requires my attention I will not be responsible for what I do to you. Lyrelle? You were saying?&quot;

Hallnsfarth waves to Surd, then waves Chase over, rolls his eyes to Lyrelle, and readies himself to blast Trillian.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

There's just some stunned silence as the double tirade goes on, although Lyrelle seems ready to brain (what little there is) Hallnsfarth in a rage at having been so callously addressed. Bobo doesn't look very happy either and was probably entertaining simple thoughts of &quot;Kill&quot; And &quot;Break&quot; before the two uh... leaders begin to bircker, the results make him look as if his head hurts...

She then summarily stalks off to find a place to tether her horse.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

In a voice as cold as a crypt, Hallnsfarth will brook no more interferance and says
    &quot;Answer my question druid.&quot;

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Surd

Surd places himself squarely in front of the elf, and for once, he shows a grimmer side.

He looks straight into the warmage's eyes and states plainly and evenly, &quot;Master Alden always says: 'You cannot control other people; you can only control your actions.' Please control your power -- it very dangerous. Trillian words are moving air, nothing more. And I not think any answer from girl will make you happy. Only time will tell of their trusty-ness. If not, I will be on your side. I promise.&quot; His last sentence is heavy and thick with resolve. &quot;Please go to your talk.&quot;

((If Hallns has no rebuttal, Surd will continue. Otherwise, strike the next part.))

And turning to Trillian, he says, &quot;Maybe it time for no more words? Time for action.&quot; After just a moment's pause to look pleadingly into Trillian's eyes, Surd takes off toward the center of town to look for a place to stay, trusting -- perhaps ignorantly so -- that he will follow.

((Sorry, Seff, I'm off to bed. Will continue tete-a-tete tomorrow.))

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Maddok stops, takes a piece of chalk out of his backpack, and makes a few tally marks on the ground, trying to count the multiple negatives. After a while, he says &quot;I think that what he's really saying is that this whole 'him being leader' thing is a joke, albiet one that isn't funny in the least to anybody but him. But I'd have to see it written down and go over it for about half an hour to be completely sure.&quot;

17. - Top - End - #77

Trillian

&quot;Surd, you are a genteman and a schooler. But anyways, I still wanted to know one thing. And I've only got 6 words to do it with! Keep count for me so I don't go over.

(At Hallnsfarth) Hallnsfarth(1), if(2) trouble(3) find(4) Trillian(5), where(6) Trillian(5) find(4) Hallnsfarth(1)?

(At Surd) That was 6 right? Do I get anymore?I hate those speedy-checkout lines at the open air market, with 15 items or less. Grandma Nickerbocker always had 2 items but 30 of each, so she would make it crawl to a slow. Never saw one that had only 6 items or less though.&quot;
    The Tangled Web

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

To Trillian &quot;Chase Know Where. You Go With Chase.&quot; Then turning to Surd and Chase, &quot;I'm using my actions to make sure he doesn't jeapordize our standing here. We're finally getting established in a way that will secure us jobs and respect where we go. I've had to demean myself too much in the past. I'm not going through that again. He will cooperate. We will move on. And he will not continue in these efforts to frustrate our advancement. I don't care whether it's intentional or not, he's not to do it. Try to keen an eye on him if you can. My patience with him wore out a long time ago. And I'm trying to figure out exactly what the druid was up to. No one in thier right mind would head in against a superior foe without a plan. If the items she would utilize in her plan might prove useful to the group as a whole, I was going to offer her a spot on the team. Now I'd really appreciate it if people stopped trying to second guess me. I haven't lead you wrong yet, and I'm doing my damnest not to despite efforts of some. Now right now I'm going to try to salvage what I can with the druid, then go to the negotiations for our next job. You can trust me to do this, or you can't. There's no middle ground here. Either help me, or don't. Irregardless, I need to focus. So could you please take Trillian, and go with Chase to secure lodgings? If you all want to sleep outside, that's fine. But I personally would enjoy having a roof of some kind over my head and I think Trillian would too. So please just go.&quot;

Hallnsfarth pauses for a second, then says to Trillian. &quot;That's it. Patience is officially gone. I am tired of your ****. Chase? Get him out of here before I don't leave enough for a cleric to revive. If he's still within my sight in thirty seconds...&quot;

(OOC: Damn auto-filter. Recognize the 'spoon' for what it was written as.)

19. - Top - End - #79

Trillian

Trillian says &quot;Alright. I've got things to do. Surd, can you do me a favor? Can you go ask that Druid what she's doing for supper? Tell her I'd like to treat her to a nice meal. I'd do it myself, but I need to take care of some business. Tell her I'll meet her at the inn if she accepts.

I'll see you later.&quot;

Trillian walks away, not towards the inn, and not with Chase.
    The Tangled Web

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

Hallnsfarth starts vibrating with rage, then slowly calms himself down, quietly repeating a mantra in elvish to himself and focusing on his breathing. He then turns to Lyrelle with a forced smile and says &quot;He's a worse threat to my sanity then any monster we might face. So tell me. Exactly who and how where you planning to 'help'?&quot;

(OOC: Anyone who knows elvish and is close enough to overhear hears him chanting &quot;If I stay strong and later I can watch him breathe his last in exquiste magical agony.&quot;)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Surd

Surd leaves Hallns and Trillain, troubled that his meager offerings of wisdom, internalized from his master's teachings, did not bring about a change in either the elf's or the halfling's attitude. Surd reiterates Trillian's request to Lyrelle without allowing her much time to respond. He chases after Chase and accompanies him where he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyrelle sighs, wishing she wasn't badgered by the elf before replying

&quot;Who do you think I was going to help? The ogres? I was heading to this town to see if I could help the towspeople against them, is all...&quot;

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

Sighing in exasperation at this annoying little chit of a girl who apparently believed herself superior, Hallnsfarth says
    &quot;The town guard had long since stopped sending people out, and were instead turning to the defensive, like a turtle pulling all limbs inside it's shell. How did you think you were going to help them is what I'm really asking.&quot;

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

&quot;Ma'am, I think he just wants to know how powerful you are.&quot; Maddok says before walking to the inn with Surd, at a normal pace. I need to have a bit of a talk with Trillian. I can certainly understand wanting the thumb one's nose at authority, but maybe he can be taught to realize that one should save their energy for authorities that cause suffering.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

&quot;And in what areas. That's what I've been trying to ask for the last four pages few minutes.&quot;

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

((Okay... now to recollect myself and figure a way to supplement everyone without spending my future rewards on ale and whores...))

Lyrelle is caught up in the rush of the team she seemed to have followed as she tries to tend to her horse (and Bobo, ever the sucker for attention) so it's no surprise that her reactions are fairly off; she barely stammers anything when the dinner invitation is granted and can only nod as she tries to get he horse settled. And then all she gets off is a quizical look to Maddok before she realizes he was talking about-- the elf who's now approaching. Wondering for a breif moment if the ogres themselves are hiring, she rests her head against her horse's neck for calming purposes before glancing back at Hallnsfarth...

&quot;Well, I suppose I have to admit that i didn't know that.. I doubt that the animals I spoke with were in the know of town defenses-- And I heard most of the news from them-- so I daresay I came into this with a wrong assumption of what was happening... She seems almost willing to apoligize if not verbally by the submissive nod towards the elf.

And anyway, while I'm not fit to be called a mighty druid than can raise mountains from the earth or command every beast to do my bidding, I know decent spells--well enough to let me travel safely with Bobo my only companion till now-- and I know a bit of healing...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

Hallnsfarth pauses for a second, reminds himself that she's probably confused and disoriented, and rattles off
    &quot;You can heal? Good. We're planning to ship out with a caravan shortly. We can most likely strike down most threats without too much trouble, but it'd be best if we had more lookouts and some more healing power. If you think you can handle the pace I set, you're welcome to join the crew. Standard rules apply, and take everything Trillian says with a grain of salt. If you want to work with us, catch up with Chase. Unless you speak gnommish. In which case you can come with me. So? What do you say?&quot;

He stands back for a second.

(OOC: Edited for color)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dozoli

Dozo approaches his erstwhile companions in the evening.

I've been thinking things over, and I've decided to stay on in town here. Although you are a very interesting group of barbarians, with a wonderful group of manners and customs to explore ... I have decided that my mission is to succor the poor and the needy barbarians.

Poor you are decidedly not after raiding that ogre encampment, nor needy - at least not needy in material goods. You can keep my money or donate it to the town as you wish.

I will stay on here until I find others more needy of my services, and in the meanwhile will succor poor tradesmen, farmers and guards.

I wish you the best of luck in your travels.

Surd-san, here is that amulet you gave me in the woods. I return it to you. You were a pleasure to train with and a light among the darkness. My little yakuza-san, you do your family proud. And thanks to all of you for the lessons you have taught me.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

&quot;Nothing in gnomish, I'm afraid, but wether on the back of my horse or as a denizen of the forest, I can aide you... Not ta even mention I can patch you up nicely. She smirk and gives her horse a comforting pat before she leaves it, Bobo following after her...

However, don't lemme catch anyone picking on poor Bobo here, okay?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallnsfarth

To Lyrelle he says&quot;
    &quot;That works.&quot;
    Then seeing as everyone has set off to do thier respective things, Hallnsfarth heads back to talk to the gnome, muttering to himself in elvish &quot;It's like herding quasits..&quot;

(OOC: Dozo? Not evening yet, at least by my reckoning, can you re-do the post later?)