New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Dairy Days (A Post Apocolyptic Tale)

"I tried to save her. I did," she says dejectedly. "But... it was... it was ... them. The raiders." She hisses the last word as if it were a curse.

Suddenly, she looks right into Rand's eyes. "Please! You must help me find him! They must have taken him with them!" Kate stands up and runs over to the super mutant, seemingly unafraid of his imposing stature. Before she can reach him, however, she trips on her long, filthy smock that covers her tattered blouse. Although she manages to catch herself before she hits the ground, her cheeks still flush red at the thought of her clumsiness.
    Last edited by AtS; 2010-07-13 at 09:53 PM.
    My Games
    Doomsday Dawn (PF 2E) IC | The Sunless Citadel (5E) IC OOC | Legacy of Fire (PF 1E) IC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Rand "The Heat" Einstein (a.k.a The Crasher)

Rand cautiously kneels down and offers one hand to the woman Kate as his other hand grips his Bozar, ready to lay waste to any threat. "Who is the him that you speak of? Do you have a friend or a member of your family that were taken by the raiders? If so, we will find him when we find the raiders. Please tell us all you can."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

VCU looks back to Rand and the woman.

"Civvy alright?"

He then turns back, looking out over the wasteland for any threats.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2010-07-21 at 05:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"His name is Victor. He's... a ghoul, but he means the world to me, and those damn raiders have him. Please, you have to help me save him. I can't do it alone." Kate picks up her bag of medical supplies. "I'm good with a scalpel, and I can fix up any injuries you might sustain. I promise, I'll be a good travelling companion."

Having made her plea, Kate starts pacing back and forth. "The problem is, I don't know which way they went. Are any of you good at tracking? Could you figure out where they've gone?"
    Last edited by AtS; 2010-07-22 at 08:43 PM.
    My Games
    Doomsday Dawn (PF 2E) IC | The Sunless Citadel (5E) IC OOC | Legacy of Fire (PF 1E) IC

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Any attempts at finding a trail are unsuccessful. The rocky terrain leaves little to track. After about a half hour of looking for a trail, you all decide to give up and proceed to burying the bodies. After about two hours of digging you make holes deep enough for a proper burial. After a few final words from Kate, the bodies are put in the graves and they are given their eternal rest.

The morning has now given way to afternoon and there are clouds forming on the horizon now, you can see flashes of lightning off in the distance and hear the rumble of thunder. It looks to be a big storm.

6. - Top - End - #36

"I don't understand. Why bury? They're dead. Not going to change that by putting them in the dirt."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"Bury is sign of respect. It's more for the benefit of the living than for the dead. We tend to suffer...you could say...performance decreases if we not deal with loss in a healthy way."

Looking up at the sky, the Super Mutant says, "Let us hurry on. Kate, it appears that we're unable to find tracks at this time, and we'll need to pursue some other approach. For now, please come with us. We are on our way to retrieve a wagon of supplies for someone else, and it is possible that the storm would damage the goods if left unattended. If we hurry, we will not be in the lightly-irradiated rain for too long."

Rand sets out towards where the supply wagon was supposed to be.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2010-07-27 at 02:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rodney had not walked too long between the robot and the super mutant. When they entered the wastes, he moved to the side, trying to keep up while at the same time making sure that his presence was not obvious. A healthy bit of paranoia was used to notice ambushes.

Upon noticing the wounded civilians, he simply proceeded. While somewhat wary of this being an ambush, it is most likely simply a group of civilians. His gun was ready. If they would be stupid enough to attack Rand, Rodney would get into a nice position for a shot to the head. Of one of the civvies, that is, not his, preferably.

He was aghast when the super mutant went up to the people and offered to help in his usual loud and direct tone. The pretty girl ran up to the mutant and blushed like some damn cutie and Rodney hardly needed the help of mentants to realize that the mutie's been hooked by the poor, helpless darling.

He had little intention of tracking for this woman, but given how she claims to be a competent medic, he made a token effort. His focus was more on the supplies the team was supposed to deliver to Helga rather than anything else, however.

During the burial, he found the nearest piece of high ground which provided some cover, looking out for threats. Such events make him uncomfortable - he never knows what to say and would rather not deal with some grieving stranger.

When Rand goes on ahead, the would-be-sniper walked up to the supermutant. His raspy voice is a lot better at whispers than shouts, so he delivers a quiet outburst.

Look man, I ain't going to argue with you in front of the townies, but in the future, I'd damn well appreciate if we tried to have a discussion before we agree to help some random vagrant.
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2010-07-27 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Because signatures detract from the flow of posts.

9. - Top - End - #39

With the bodies buried and marked, you are ready to get underway again. Your pace is a little quicker now, the threat of rain looming on the horizon. With your renewed vigor, you make good progress. It is not long before you round a bend and see the wagon Helga was talking about. Regrettably, you got here too late and the wagon is completely void of its supplies. There are numerous footprints and brahmin tracks in the soft mud surrounding the wagon. They lead off down the road you were following and trail off into the wild, although the trail is still easy to follow. Rodney is able to track the trail to a clearing in front of a cave. Two raiders sit around a campfire, drinking and eating, oblivious to your presence. The inside of the cave is fairly well lit, but you can not see anything of any interest. You are about ninety feet away from the two raiders, and about a hundred and fifty feet away from the cave entrance.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"It's called common deceny, Rodney. Something I lacked in the past. I thank you for your concern for the welfare of the group, and I trust you to handle things should I fall into a Trap."

When the wagon was found empty and the tracks lead to a raider cave, the fact that the group was somewhat late does not dampen Rand's spirits. He signals for his companions to halt. "The tracks lead there. Looks like it's out lucky day. We get to retrieve supplies AND take out some of humanity's...trash. Can one of you go in for a closer look? I am afraid my bozar makes quite a lot of noise..."

11. - Top - End - #41

"Trash? They're people, not bits of waste. Why call them waste?"

VCU surveys the rest of his 'squad'.

"Alright. Medic is unarmed, so she should stay here. Our sniper should stay back. If stealth isn't your thing, Boss, I'll go on point. How's that sound?"

When talking combat, that's when VCU was most active in conversation.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

The Super Mutie nods silently at the plan, and finds a place to duck behind while VCU scouts ahead.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2010-08-03 at 12:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rodney shakes his head at this plan.

The iron sights on this thing ain't all that good, I'll get better results closer up. I'll circle around them a bit, hit them from a different angle. They ain't going nowhere now and they will be waste once we're done with 'em, so gimme 'alf a minute.

Having said that, if the others do not argue, he uses his expertise with wilderness lore to circle to an acceptable position which would allow him to fire upon these foes from good cover. A rocky outcrop, dense bush or other somesuch position close enough for the hunting rifle to be easily used, while still too far for him to be easily sighted is of course most preferable. He will crawl the last few metres, intent on firing from a prone position.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[52] vs outdoorsman (48)
    (1d100)[60] vs sneak (80)
    Brewing a new setting (3.5 ed D&D). The setting is complete and ready to play.
    Indeed, here is the recruitment thread for the first run.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.

14. - Top - End - #44

The raiders sit there, drinking and chatting away. It is clear they are both fairly drunk. It seems they have not yet noticed our intrepid adventurers. One of them gets up and walks to the edge of the tree line to the bush Rodney is hiding in and proceeds to urinate all over it, covering Rodney in raider piss. He drunkenly staggers back to the fire and takes a seat again, oblivious to his surroundings. They both start singing a song, holding up their drinks, singing out of tune.

Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and do your thing. They rolled EXTREMELY poorly for perception...

15. - Top - End - #45

WolfInSheepsClothing

As it stands, being pissed on can easily lead one to being pissed off. This is the norm, deviation from which is deemed deviant. Rodney is no exception here. Thus, given how he only asked for half a minute before Rand comes in clawed fists a-swingin', he does not wait until the bastard makes it back to his buddies and instead fires a shot at where he estimates the pissant's spine connects to the skull when the man is only ten or so meters away from him.

If the thug appeared to be armed with a melee weapon when Rodney got too detailed a look at his equipment, the sniper would get to one knee after firing the shot, thus better able to defend himself in a melee. If the enemies are armed with ranged weapons, he would remain in the uncomfortably damp bush.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[26] Vs Small Guns
    (1d100)[96] Vs Critical
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.

16. - Top - End - #46

While Rodney dealt with his situation, VCU sneaks down, trying to make the raiders end up between him and Rodney. He would then fire at the second guard with his Scorcher.

Spoiler
    Show

Sneak: (1d100)[47]
    Energy Weapons (1d100)[55]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

This far away, rand isn't going to waste his .223 ammo. And especially not on only two targets like this. While his gun has more than enough range (75 meter effective range before Perception boosts) he might hit Rodney from here. Hearing gunfire, he RUNS out from cover and rushes towards the right. Assuming 3 ft to 1 meter conversion, using all 9 APs Rand can cover 27 or so ft. Basically he gets as close to the fight as possible to try to crush some skulls. If the guards are 90 ft away it'll take him a while though.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2010-08-16 at 11:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Rodney and the robot let loose with two well placed shots, each one landing home. The raiders are both surprised, each of them making for their weapons. They are both pretty hurt, but are still kicking. One of the raiders falls backwards over the log he was sitting on, then scrambles to his knees, rifle at the ready. He only sees Rand, so he takes aim and squeezes the trigger. The other one is hit in the leg by Rodney's shot, and he stumbles his way back to his shotgun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll damage Rodney and VCU. You both hit. And from now on roll damage with your attack rolls.

Rand is a little more than a third of the way to the closest raider. Rand also takes 8 damage from the raider that fired at him. Apply DR/DT.

Also, please post the following info in a spoiler in each of your posts for combat from now on.
    HP current/total
    AC
    Sequence
    AP used (and what its used for)/unused

Current sequence:
    Rodney 16
    VCU 16
    Raiders 14
    Rand 12
    Last edited by Goblinsplitter; 2010-08-16 at 09:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rodney curses under his breath. Hitting the man in the leg, when he intended to aim at the neck at this range is a major mistake. He was clearly too irked by the urine to aim properly.

Intent on making the next shot hit the location he intends it to, he takes careful aim at the region between the man's legs. While making such a shot from the front might be a better choice, he does not get to pick and the rifle ought to be well-designed enough to penetrate a bit of flesh and hit the crotch through the thigh, if necessary.

He also crawls slightly out of the piss-soaked bush, moving to the side. Hopefully, the raider will not catch it and still think he's in the shrubbery.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+9)[15] damage, previous round.

Called shot to the groin -30%, 6(5+1) Action points.
    2 action points to crawl half a hex away from the bush, with one left over that should either be used to re-enter sneak mode or simply go to AC.

HP: 56/56
    AC 4(1+3)
    Attitude: Pissed off
    small guns 104+25-30%
    Crit chance 18%+20% from the targeted shot.
    (1d100)[73] To hit, colt hunting rifle, this round.
    (1d100)[19] Critical?
    (1d10+9)[15] damage, this round.
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2010-08-17 at 04:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

VCU fires again at his target, intent on finishing this quickly. If this shot kills the raider, he'll fire at the other raider. If the raider survives, VCU will fire again.

"Forgot how powerful this thing was."

Spoiler
    Show

(4d10+20)[38] damage, previous round.

AC 12
    Energy Weapons: 117% (102 skill + 15 targeting computer)
    Crit chance 5%
    AP: 11
    Spending 8 AP on 2 standard shots:

Shot 1:
    (1d100)[20] attack
    (4d10+20)[41] damage

Shot 2:
    (1d100)[98] attack
    (4d10+20)[38] damage

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Rand "The Heat" Einstein a.k.a The Crasher

Rand keeps on running...straight into the bullet...and is still going...and going. That little wound won't slow down "The Heat" no siree! By now he should be more than 2/3 of the way there!

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rand spends all 9 AP running again. 0 AP left to shunt to AC.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Secondary Statistics
    {table]HP|63/69|AC|8
    AP|9|Carry Weight|225lbs.
    MD|3|P. Resistance|50%
    R. Resistance|62%|G. Resistance|0/35%
    E. Resistance|20%|D. Resistance|25%
    Sequence|12|Healing Rate|2
    Critical Chance|2%|HP/Lv|8
    Skill pts/Lv|20[/table]

Skills
    {table]Big Guns(TAG)|100%
    Unarmed(TAG)|100%
    Sneak|19%
    [/table]

Current equipped armor: None
    AC: 8+0 N: 0/25 L: 0/25 F: 0/25 P: 0/25 E: 0/25

Equipment
    [Eq in Right Hand] Bozar (30/30 .223 AP bullets) [15-round bursts]
    Min. ST: 6 W: 22 lbs. Dmg: +25 per bullet Rng: 75
    AP Burst Only: 6 normally

.223 AP bullets x60
    Modifiers to gun: Target's AC: -15; DR: unaffected; Ignores target's DT; Dmg: 1d6 per bullet

[Eq in Left Hand] Adamantine Claws (as per Errata)
    The user can control the claws' action (retracting or unsheathing) through a trigger in the glove.
    Min. ST: 1 W: 2 lbs. Dmg: 3d6+3+MD Rng: 1
    AP: S-3 T-4 B-N/A

22. - Top - End - #52

Rodney's groin shot connects, the bullet tearing into the poor raider's junk. VCU's first shot connects, catching the raider in the chest. He drops his rifle, looking like he's dead. The second shot goes wide, scorching a rock next to another raider coming out of the cave. Rand keeps on running towards the shotgun toting raider.

The raider with the shot gun turns around and levels the shotgun at Rand, squeezing both triggers. The kickback almost knocks the raider to the ground, he is heavily favoring his injured leg and pelvic region. He frantically starts reloading the shot gun, with a now angry and injured super mutant bearing down on him.

The other raider with the rifle weakly picks it up and changes his attention to VCU, taking careful aim before squeezing the trigger.

Both of the raider's shots connect. Rand is almost knocked over by the force of the buckshot impacting against his tough leathery hide. VCU's face is grazed, his ear lobe shot through. That was a very close call...

Spoiler
    Show
    Rand takes 32 damage (ouch)
    VCU takes 12 damage

23. - Top - End - #53

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the sniper continues crawling closer, he reflects on this enemy's reaction to being shot in the leg and subsequently relieved of his manhood. If nothing else, the moonshine must have made these sons o'bitches inured to pain.

Realizing that him being pissed on is hardly the only thing to avenge in this instance, Rodney targets the arm of the shotgun-wielding thug. While he hopes to go for the hand holding the gun, hitting the off hand if that is the closer one is acceptable as well. He would rather Rand continue living, all things considered.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, 2 action points to crawl a further half a hex away from the bush (thus again ending up wholly in one hex)
    Called shot to the weapon arm (or closer arm, if the other is obscured by the body) -30%, 6(5+1) Action points.
    The one extra action point shall go into his armour class.

HP: 56/56
    AC 5(1+3+1)
    Attitude: Concerned
    Weapon: Colt Hunting Rifle, 7/10 shots left after this one.
    small guns 104+25-30%
    Crit chance 18%+10% from the targeted shot.
    (1d100)[49] To hit, colt hunting rifle, this round.
    (1d100)[35] Critical?
    (1d10+9)[18] damage, this round.
    Last edited by Icedaemon; 2010-08-19 at 07:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Rand "The Heat" Einstein a.k.a The Crasher

OW! Alright...these guys are pissing Rand off! "Good shots...but it is better to GIVE than to RECEIVE!" With that Rand stops and brings up his Bozar. Rodney is on the ground prone and safely out of the way. VCU is presumable not in the cone of fire. Rand lines up the burst so that he can hit both the shotgunner and the new raider that just ran out of the cave. If the first burst kills both of the raiders, Rand will spend his remaining energy to move forward once more to catch up (5 hexes). If the raiders didn't end up becoming like ground meat, Rand will take another shot if both are still alive somehow. If only one is alive, then Rand either ducks behind cover if there is some nearby, or adopts a defensive position.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rand spends 4 AP on his Bozar burst. Results here. 5 AP left to either move or shunt to AC. Will roll second burst if first burst somehow didn't liquidate enemies, then move forward one hex. Bozar is a modified sniper rifle, and has HUGE range.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Secondary Statistics
    {table]HP|39/69|AC|8+variable
    AP|9|Carry Weight|225lbs.
    MD|3|P. Resistance|50%
    R. Resistance|62%|G. Resistance|0/35%
    E. Resistance|20%|D. Resistance|25%
    Sequence|12|Healing Rate|2
    Critical Chance|2%|HP/Lv|8
    Skill pts/Lv|20[/table]

Skills
    {table]Big Guns(TAG)|100%
    Unarmed(TAG)|100%
    Sneak|19%
    [/table]

Current equipped armor: None
    AC: 8+0 N: 0/25 L: 0/25 F: 0/25 P: 0/25 E: 0/25

Equipment
    [Eq in Right Hand] Bozar (15/30 .223 AP bullets) [15-round bursts]
    Min. ST: 6 W: 22 lbs. Dmg: +25 per bullet Rng: 75
    AP Burst Only: 6 normally

.223 AP bullets x60
    Modifiers to gun: Target's AC: -15; DR: unaffected; Ignores target's DT; Dmg: 1d6 per bullet

[Eq in Left Hand] Adamantine Claws (as per Errata)
    The user can control the claws' action (retracting or unsheathing) through a trigger in the glove.
    Min. ST: 1 W: 2 lbs. Dmg: 3d6+3+MD Rng: 1
    AP: S-3 T-4 B-N/A
    Last edited by Frosty; 2010-08-20 at 10:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

VCU, ignoring the bullet bounced of his armour, will act depending on the results of Rand's shots. If any survive, VCU will fire on them. If not, VCU will duck down and go over to the bodies and check them for weapons and ammunition.

Spoiler
    Show

AC 12
    Crit chance 5%
    Sequence: 16

If attacking, firing a shot.

Attack: (1d100)[27]
    Damage: (4d10+20)[43]

If there's still a survivor, firing again.

Attack: (1d100)[88]
    Damage: (4d10+20)[46]

26. - Top - End - #56

Rand's fusillade of bullets pour out of his weapon, riddling the raiders with bullet holes. The two raiders that were around the fire lay on the ground dead, bleeding profusely from a multitude of bullet wounds. The third one that was at the entrance remains fairly unscathed, and runs back into the cave shouting.

VCU makes his way up to the corpses of the raiders, the rain coming down even harder now. Among the corpses he finds several weapons and some ammo.

Loot:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double barrel shotgun (16 rounds of buckshot)
    M1 Garand (5 clips of 8 [I think the garand holds 8 shots, I don't have the book currently])

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Rand takes the opportunity to regroup with the others, running up to them, and then reloading his bozar if he has time. "What's the situation? What did you manage to see?"

28. - Top - End - #58

"We got a runner. Shouting."

VCU raises his Scorcher and fires at the running raider, before picking up the shotgun and starting to move over to the cave.

Spoiler
    Show

AC 12
    Crit chance 5%
    Sequence: 16

Firing on the running raider. (5 AP)

Attack: (1d100)[100]
    Damage: (4d10+20)[43]

Picking up the shotgun (4 AP)

Moving 1 square closer to the cave (1 AP)

Last edited by Volthawk; 2010-08-31 at 03:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rodney stands up and walks towards the mouth of the cave. He leans against the rock, in a location where anyone intent on shooting at him would need to be at the mouth of the cave, if not outside.

Damn. This deal is not gonna be easy. If these asshats were drunk enough to go on fighting after getting their goolies blown off, we might run into some tough bastards inside. If they get the drop on us, they might drop us, if y'catch my drift. How ya holdin' up Heat?

I'll take a peek into the cave, see if I can tell what they've got in there and how many bastards are inside. If you hear gunfire, feel free to come in, but if one of them was drunk enough to drop his damn pants in front of me, the others might be blind as well. Let 'em regroup and we'll need grenade launchers to break in.

With that said, he carefully makes his way into the cave, moving forwards only when he is sure he can remain undetected. His objective is to scout out the enemies' locations, not play hero.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[58] vs sneak (80 + whatever modifiers the dark cave and him not going near any enemies he can spot grant)