New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Wrong Guys IC

Llaars holds firmly onto his refreshed companion, hoping for him to awake and steady himself without needing to lay down. "No time for sleep. Wake up!"

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rowan looks up. "Yes, of course. What was it?"

3. - Top - End - #693
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

"I could use a hand getting her back to Llaars' place, and then I need a couple of things from the market. I already ran into trouble there once, so could you go for me? I just need some berries and some boxes for these herbs."
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric regains consciousness again. At least he is not in pain - whoever healed him did a better job this time. He almost smiles in hearing Llaars voice: if he is joking it probably means noone else was seriously hurt in the blast.

"I'm awake" he mumbles, before opening his eyes, looking around to see in what other strange place he has been brought now.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric
    Spoiler
    Show

You're back at the temple. There's a woman, probably around your age, wearing chainmail under her robes and carrying a gold holy symbol, studded with topazes. She's the one who healed you, it would seem. It's one of those things that's reserved for the high-ranking priests. Most of those high-ranking people are fanatical paladins, and are at least middle-aged if not older. Kalan never got one.

Audric and Llaars
    Spoiler
    Show

The blond woman nods, very business-like, withdrawing her hand from Audric's chest and turning away. The paladin who was following her turns to Audric, arms full of books. A second later, he curses again (very, very colourful vocabulary). "What happened to you?" he asks, gaping. "Dragon eat you or something?"

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Llaars and Ajadea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Audric steadies himself, gently freeing himself from Llaars’s hold “Hey. Thank you for the healing” he says to the woman’s retreating back.
    He looks to the other paladin, surprised by the casual cussing. What, it’s only me who gets hell for the occasional swearword around here? He thinks. “Felt like it” he answers, grinning “More like I got caught in a evil sorcerer’s trap. Are the others all right?” The last question is directed to Llaars.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

7. - Top - End - #697

"For the most part... though Antal got quite a stern talking to." He attempts to match your humor, but isn't quite as enthusiastic. "I told them to pick up what they already had and to head over to my place, so they should be coming around some time soon." He stops to think for a moment then looks around suspiciously, and finally leans in to whisper. "They... uh... brought the girl too."

8. - Top - End - #698

"Of course. Any particular berries?" Rowan lifts the girl fairly easily and waits for Rana.
    Last edited by FirebirdFlying; 2010-10-04 at 08:24 AM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric nods curtly, squeezing Llaars' arm for a moment to signal he understood, and that Llaars shouldn't elaborate any further. Not here, at least. "We should go to them immediately, then" he says, before remembering something and turning to assess Llaars' condition. "Do you need healing, too?" he asks "I'm sure we can arrange it here for you".
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2010-10-04 at 09:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

After everyone else has left, Antal looks around, then leaves, heading for Llaar's. He may act the fool sometimes, but he's not stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #701

"Nah, trouble's been avoiding me pretty well today and I'd rather just walk off the little scratches I got." He casually brushes his arms and chest to remind him of any wounds he may have forgotten about, then regains his attention as if he suddenly remembered where they were. "Yeah you're right... don't wanna keep em waitin'."

12. - Top - End - #702

"Oh, anything edible. I can make them....help with healing our injuries."

Rana gives Rowan a hand as needed getting the girl back to Llaars' place.
    I'm not sure what she wants will cost, but she gives Rowan more than enough...
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric nods at Llaars, then moves to follow him, with a slight smile and a gesture of acknowledgement to the other paladin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ajadea, I don't know the cussing fellow, do I? Also, I wanted to know if it's possible to buy some healing supplies here at the temple (some potions of cure light wound for instance) and how much could it cost. Audric is thinking to buy something to help the unconscious girl.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric
    Spoiler
    Show

Nah, you don't know him. You can get potions of Cure Light Wounds or Cure Moderate Wounds, at SRD price. Scrolls of the same are at 3/4 SRD price, incidentally.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ettin in the Playground

Suddenly remembering something, Audric stops, calling to Llaars "Bear with me for another moment, I want to get something that could help us". He then moves to the area of the temple where he can buy the supplies he wants.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, my funding is limited, so at the moment, I'd say a potion of cure light wounds (50gp), to be on the safe side, and four scrolls of the same kind (75 gp). - leaving Audric with a grand total of 25 gp.
    If Llaars doesn't want anything or to do anything else, I'm ready to leave (if of course nothing else happens ).
    EDIT: oh, that's assuming you don't want me to roleplay the shopping. Otherwise, just say so.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2010-10-05 at 02:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706

"…Ookay." Rowan goes off to the market, hoping she doesn't get lost.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

Unless you feel like haggling, you don't have to roleplay shopping in the big cities. What's Rana making Rowan get now?

18. - Top - End - #708

Fresh berries and some kind of boxes for holding the herbs. Ideally light-weight and sturdy boxes.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

((Nah, I don't feel like haggling - and realistically, he'd want to return to the others as soon as possible. I added the purchases to my sheet. If Nanoblack doesn't want to do anything else, I'm ready to return to Llaars' place))

20. - Top - End - #710

As they head off toward his tavern, Llaars curiously leans over to peek at your purchases. "Plannin' on gettin' hurt some more?"

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric smiles. "Considering the way my luck has been going lately, it's best to be prepared, I think" he answers, walking at a steady but swift pace beside Llaars. He waits till he is sure there aren't other paladins within earshot, before adding in a low voice "And we have a guest at your place who may need those, if I'm not mistaking. Was she still unconscious when you left?".

22. - Top - End - #712

"Weren't ya'll sayin' she was some kind of half-dead though?" He's not quite as careful about his speech, but makes sure to open his mouth only after exiting the temple and getting a few more yards away.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

He nods, looking troubled. "Yes. And I'm not sure if those will help her or not - I want to consult with the others, before.". He sighs "I'd hate to hurt her any more than she has already been." he adds, a look of anger passing on his face in thinking about the room they found.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

An hour or so later, you all return to Llaars' tavern. Rowan is carrying five boxes and a small bag of theoretically-fresh berries, her purchases from the market. Audric has his scrolls and potion. Rana and Antal are already there, and the lack of black blood on the cobblestones would seem to hint that, whatever else the girl is, she doesn't weigh much.

Rana: 1 GP for the berries (which weigh nothing), and 2 GP, 5 SP for the boxes.

25. - Top - End - #715

"Thank you, Rowan," Rana carefully sets the berries aside and begins transferring the herbs she'd collected into the boxes.

"Now, is there anyone else besides me and the girl who's still hurt?" Rana looks around the group.

Ajadea - what's the weight on the herbs in boxes? Same as herbs in bandages?
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

26. - Top - End - #716

Llaars

Llaars gives his staff a casual wave as he works his way to the back of the tavern. He steps into the back room and leans in to inspect the incapacitated girl. "Nah, I'm fine... has she moved since we left?" He almost seemed eager to hear anything of the girl, likely due to his hurt pride at being toppled by someone half his size.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    "Thank you, Rowan," Rana carefully sets the berries aside and begins transferring the herbs she'd collected into the boxes.

"Now, is there anyone else besides me and the girl who's still hurt?" Rana looks around the group.

Ajadea - what's the weight on the herbs in boxes? Same as herbs in bandages?
    Yeah, they're lightweight (and therefore expensive) boxes.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

Upon entering, Audric looks around to see if he can spot the girl. At Rana's question, he shakes his head "I'm fine, despite someone's attempt to kill me." he says, with a half glare to Antal. "One thing we paladins can do well is recognize where magic is used. So, next time, how about you listen to me, hm?"

He rummages in his pack, retrieving three of the scrolls he has bought and passing them to Rana. He assess her with a serious expression "Don't even bother acting confused. I am almost certain you can use those. In which case,you should probably take them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rana: He is handing you three scrolls of cure light wounds.

29. - Top - End - #719

"She seems to be unconscious still."

Rana takes the scrolls from Audric with a raised eyebrow. She examines them closely, then shakes her head. "I can't make heads or tails of them. I can....examine them more closely tomorrow, though."

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 21 Spellcraft check; I'm assuming she can tell that the scrolls are all the same....
    (1d20+4)[8]
    Last edited by Savannah; 2010-10-13 at 12:20 AM.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

Audric sighs "They are healing scrolls I bought at the Temple, helpful to deal with not-too-grievous damage. Unless I'm very much mistaken, you have Druidic magic. And Druids can cast healing spells, can they?"