3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Wrong Guys IC

Rowan

"Rowan." She pauses. "You live in the city?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

He starts walking deeper into the sewers. "Yep, even got my own business. It's really nothin' to brag about but it's home. So who's this person you're lookin' for?"

5. - Top - End - #155

Rowan

"Well, I - I'm just supposed to deliver a note. Man who gave it to me just said it was down in and twice left. Easy, right?

"What kind of place d'you run?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

((Are Llaars and Rowan going towards or away from the others?))

7. - Top - End - #157

Spoiler
    Show
    Heading towards the group. I had mentioned earlier that they might know something about her friend.

"It's a tavern towards the edge of town called the Raging Roc. Everybody is allowed in, but I'm smart enough to keep idiots and troublemakers out."

He looks up and grins once they get close enough to see the other group. "Well here we are." He glances around for the odd looking elf. "Where'd the leafblood go?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane spellcaster, we have no clue. Did manage to steal some of the paladin's stuff out from under his nose, that was funny. Anyway, we were just going to head out since they're scrying us. I know a place that's safe enough, though you'll want to watch your belongings, there's no racism there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

He looks a little upset when you mention that you've already found a place to go. "Hell kid, I own a place that's safe enough. Just gotta find our way outta here."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

That works. And I'm not a kid, I'm a halfling.
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

He leans forward to get a better look, shrugs, then gestures for everyone to follow as he walks toward the exit. "So what exactly are ya'll plannin' on doing upon reachin' our destination?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Right, as if I've thought that far ahead. Frankly I'm still trying to figure stuff out about that elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (History) check about dragon descended: (1d20+8)[25]
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

Rowan

…Elf? Caster?

Da was right about cities.

"Find the entrance I came through, I guess. Light my lantern before I enter this time."
    She has a funny look on her face, as if the smell is finally getting to her.

"…Uhm. You own a tavern? Did a man named Jorin ever stop by? Thrice a hand taller than me, brownish hair, scar looks a bit like a fish across his right hand?"

14. - Top - End - #164

"Possibly but I only deal with the customers when one of em' decides to start breakin' stuff. Maybe Elliot'll know him."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

((And now everyone's together. And the real fun can begin))

Antal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, apparently, one of the great powers of dragons is being able to breed with almost every living creature in existence. A half-dragon is exactly what it sounds like. Dragon-descended is simply 3 or more generations away from that. You really can't tell how many generations away the elf was. A dragon-descended being gains increased vitality compared to an average member of the species, and also tends to be naturally perceptive.

Stealing things out from under the nose of a paladin and friends is something else entirely, based more on the skill of the thief.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Savannah
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you going to leave the poor paladin with his hand held out to you? You cruel girl...

Audric realizes that when the rock blew up, it probably did some damage "Just hold still a moment,please" he says to Rana.

((OOC:lay on hands to heal Rana's 4 hp))

"Very well, let's go to your place...uhm, I don't think I can remember your name. I'll be looking forward to get out of this smell"

((OOC - he is going to take a look around one last time, before he leaves, to see if he missed something important (and also to commit the place to memory for when he needs to come back) search - (1d20-1)[6] spot - (1d20+1)[3]))

((EDIT:why do the dices hate me?))
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2010-06-30 at 12:47 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

17. - Top - End - #167

"My names Llaars. Nice to meet ya'll." He says this loud enough for everyone to hear.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Antal. I'm surprised I don't know you, I know just about everyone who works in a tavern in this town, Antal chuckles as he says this.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I went to bed early. No cruelty intended.

Rana nods to Audric, not quite committing to anything. To the rest, she says, I'm Rana. This is Shadow," she nods to the black wolf at her side. "Let's get out of here."
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm Audric. A pleasure to meet you both" the paladin says smiling to the two people who didn't know his name yet. Then, he nods to the man who introduced him as Llaars, noticing in passing the numer of scars that cover him He seems pretty battle-seasoned for a tavern owner and moves to follow him.

EDIT
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and also, Savannah, since you did leave the poor guy with his hand held out to you, I'm not revising my opinion (you cruel girl). Stupid bad past experiences from your character's part...
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2010-06-30 at 11:22 PM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #171

Rowan

"Rowan. Glad to meet you."

22. - Top - End - #172

"Well now that we're all acquainted, what're ya'll plannin' on doin' next?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have to learn more about that elf." Audric replies, walking beside Llaars. "It's likely that I'll have to come back here, but, as someone informed me" he smiles warmly to Rana, thinks for a moment about winking at her, then decides better of it, as the half-elf is already on edge as it is. "it's probably wiser to do it on my own terms. Since Rana and Antal were so kind to agree to help me, I figured we would get together at your place to formulate a plan."

He grins "Easier to do that away from this smell and in a friendly place. Hoping we aren't found first....as Antal said, someone was watching us.".
    He looks at Antal and the others with a friendly expression: he feels more at ease when people aren't nervous around him. "Does it sound like a good plan?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

I never actually said I'd help you. I did say I was curious, and it is true that I'll probably learn more by helping you, but I never actually said I was going to, Antal could barely withhold his mischievous grin.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

He throws his head back and laughs openly "Very well, little friend, I concede defeat. Oh, and you'll find that I'm not annoyed easily" he shots the halfing a conspiratorial look. "Sisters. Two of them. One builds a tolerance." then, realising he might have made a mistake "Don't take it as a challenge, though."

26. - Top - End - #176

"They can watch all they like, but all the fancy finger-wagglin' in the world isn't gonna get em' through my doors. The company I keep is really somethin' else... and whoever's listenin' better keep that in mind."

It doesn't take long until Llaars stops walking and proudly gestures to a building that looks somewhat like a renovated barn.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

"Will you do the honors, then?" Audric asks, inclining his head towards Llaars. And I really do hope that the "company he keeps" isn't going to be upset by seeing a paladin...

28. - Top - End - #178

"Truth be told, I don't think anybody'd be upset to see a paladin unless the afore mentioned paladin is upset to see them." He chuckles then dramatically opens the doors to the Raging Roc.

Inside you see a very colorful crowd, albeit not what you were expecting. While they are mostly human, you do see a handful of demihumans. What strikes you as so defiantly different from the past seedy taverns you've undoubtedly entered is the fact that everyone is enjoying themselves. No one is sitting quietly in a corner or starting a bar fight.

Now looking at the building itself; it actually does look like a barn. It has a high (30ft) ceiling and a wrap-around balcony lining the second floor.

While it doesn't look like too many people work here, there are two that stand out. One is a short, pretty, blonde woman carrying platters of food to the various patrons; the other is an average-looking woman with dark hair serving drinks at the bar.

Llaars has a wide grin on his face as he calls out to the blonde woman, "Elliot! I need a private table for me and my friends."

Startled, she drops a plate but quickly tries to scavenge it, then she runs over and hugs Llaars smiling widely. "Oh um, hello I'm Elliot, nice to meet you." She awkwardly laces her fingers behind her as she walks everyone to a booth in the back.
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-07-02 at 07:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to want a round of ales hon, says Antal. Then, turning to the others, he asks, So what are you guys having?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Rana holds Shadow close to her side as they head back to the table. "Just cider for me, and a saucer of water for him. Um, I don't suppose you have rooms - and more importantly baths - for rent? Or know where I could get one?"
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.